Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd5
Description: CD5 antigen
Alias: Ly-1, Ly-12, Ly-A, Lyt-1, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD5, lymphocyte antigen 1
- Hayakawa K, Hardy R, Parks D, Herzenberg L. The "Ly-1 B" cell subpopulation in normal immunodefective, and autoimmune mice. J Exp Med. 1983;157:202-18 pubmed
- Tarakhovsky A, Muller W, Rajewsky K. Lymphocyte populations and immune responses in CD5-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:1678-84 pubmedThe CD5 antigen is expressed at a high level on T cells from early on in thymocyte ontogeny and continues to be expressed on the surface of all mature T cells...
- Benovic J, Onorato J, Arriza J, Stone W, Lohse M, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization of beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 2. A new member of the receptor kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14939-46 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a "family" of receptor kinases which may serve broadly to regulate receptor function. ..
- Bamberger M, Santos A, Gonçalves C, Oliveira M, James J, Moreira A, et al. A new pathway of CD5 glycoprotein-mediated T cell inhibition dependent on inhibitory phosphorylation of Fyn kinase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:30324-36 pubmed publisher..b>CD5 is an immunotyrosine-based inhibition motif-bearing receptor that antagonizes the overt T cell receptor activation ..
- Tabbekh M, Franciszkiewicz K, Haouas H, Lecluse Y, Benihoud K, Raman C, et al. Rescue of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from activation-induced cell death enhances the antitumor CTL response in CD5-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2011;187:102-9 pubmed publisherThe CD5 coreceptor is expressed on all T cells and on the B1a B cell subset. It is associated with TCR and BCR, and modulates intracellular signals initiated by both Ag receptor complexes...
- Hawiger D, Masilamani R, Bettelli E, Kuchroo V, Nussenzweig M. Immunological unresponsiveness characterized by increased expression of CD5 on peripheral T cells induced by dendritic cells in vivo. Immunity. 2004;20:695-705 pubmed..The mechanism that mediates this dynamic antigen-specific T cell unresponsiveness differs from previously described forms of tolerance in that it requires that DCs induce CD5 expression on activated T cells.
- Li R, Page D. Requirement for a complex array of costimulators in the negative selection of autoreactive thymocytes in vivo. J Immunol. 2001;166:6050-6 pubmed..We recently used a fetal thymus organ culture system to show that CD5, CD28, and TNF cooperatively regulate deletion of autoreactive thymocytes...
- Kimura S, Tada N, Liu Lam Y, Hammerling U. Further genetic characterization of mouse Ly-m10 alloantigen. Immunogenetics. 1983;17:211-4 pubmed
- Zhang C, Xin H, Zhang W, Yazaki P, Zhang Z, Le K, et al. CD5 Binds to Interleukin-6 and Induces a Feed-Forward Loop with the Transcription Factor STAT3 in B Cells to Promote Cancer. Immunity. 2016;44:913-923 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the proportion of CD5(+) relative to interleukin-6 receptor ? (IL-6R?)-expressing B cells was greatly increased in tumors...
- Glaser T, Matthews K, Hudson J, Seth P, Housman D, Crerar M. Localization of the muscle, liver, and brain glycogen phosphorylase genes on linkage maps of mouse chromosomes 19, 12, and 2, respectively. Genomics. 1989;5:510-21 pubmed..However, muscle phosphorylase gene structure and expression appear to be unaltered in mdf/mdf mice, indicating that this mutation is not an animal model for the human genetic disorder McArdle's disease. ..
- Zou X, Smith J, Corcos D, Matheson L, Osborn M, Bruggemann M. Removal of the BiP-retention domain in Cmicro permits surface deposition and developmental progression without L-chain. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3573-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in the mouse the largest secondary lymphoid organ, the spleen, is not required for H-chain-only Ig expression and the CD5 survival signal may be obsolete for cells expressing truncated IgM.
- Scaglione B, Salerno E, Balan M, Coffman F, Landgraf P, Abbasi F, et al. Murine models of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: role of microRNA-16 in the New Zealand Black mouse model. Br J Haematol. 2007;139:645-57 pubmed..In NZB, the malignant clones express CD5, zap-70, and have chromosomal instability and germline Ig sequence...
- Chang J, Milligan S, Li Y, Chew C, Wiggs J, Copeland N, et al. Mammalian homolog of Drosophila retinal degeneration B rescues the mutant fly phenotype. J Neurosci. 1997;17:5881-90 pubmed..These results suggest the existence of similarities between the invertebrate and mammalian retina that were not previously appreciated and also identify mrdgB as a candidate gene for retinal diseases that map to 11q13.1. ..
- Hong C, Zhang T, Gao X. Recombinant murine calreticulin fragment 39-272 expands CD1d(hi)CD5+ IL-10-secreting B cells that modulate experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6 mice. Mol Immunol. 2013;55:237-46 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the EAE-modulating effect of rCRT/39-272 was attributed to activation/expansion of CD1d(hi)CD5? IL-10-secreting B (B10) cells rather than induction of CRT-specific antibodies in mice...
- Tamehiro N, Oda H, Shirai M, Suzuki H. Overexpression of RhoH Permits to Bypass the Pre-TCR Checkpoint. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131047 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that an excess amount of RhoH is able to initiate pre-TCR signaling in the absence of pre-TCR complexes. ..
- Bauch A, Campbell K, Reth M. Interaction of the CD5 cytoplasmic domain with the Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase IIdelta. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:2167-77 pubmedb>CD5 is a type I transmembrane protein expressed on the surface of T cells and of B1 B cells...
- Chainani M, Sampsell B, Elliott R. Localization of the gene for plasma retinol binding protein to the distal half of mouse chromosome 19. Genomics. 1991;9:376-9 pubmed..The Rbp-4 locus is just proximal to Cyp-2c at the distal end of chromosome 19. ..
- Mintz L, Galperin E, Pasmanik Chor M, Tulzinsky S, Bromberg Y, Kozak C, et al. EHD1--an EH-domain-containing protein with a specific expression pattern. Genomics. 1999;59:66-76 pubmed..The EHD1 gene is highly conserved between nematode, Drosophila, mouse, and human. Its predicted protein structure and cellular localization point to the possibility that EHD1 participates in ligand-induced endocytosis. ..
- Berland R, Wortis H. Normal B-1a cell development requires B cell-intrinsic NFATc1 activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13459-64 pubmed..Because the induced expression of CD5, a hallmark of B-1a cells, requires a nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT)-dependent enhancer, we examined ..
- Sestero C, McGuire D, De Sarno P, Brantley E, Soldevila G, Axtell R, et al. CD5-dependent CK2 activation pathway regulates threshold for T cell anergy. J Immunol. 2012;189:2918-30 pubmed publisherb>CD5 activates casein kinase 2 (CK2), a serine/threonine kinase that constitutively associates with the CK2-binding domain at the end of its cytoplasmic tail...
- Page D. Cutting edge: thymic selection and autoreactivity are regulated by multiple coreceptors involved in T cell activation. J Immunol. 1999;163:3577-81 pubmed..The contribution of negative selection to the mature T cell repertoire and to autoimmunity is discussed in light of these results. ..
- Dong B, Somani A, Love P, Zheng X, Chen X, Zhang J. CD5-mediated inhibition of TCR signaling proceeds normally in the absence of SHP-1. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:45-56 pubmed publisherThe CD5 transmembrane glycoprotein functions as a co-receptor in the signaling pathway linking T-cell antigen receptor (TCR) engagement to activation and differentiation...
- Voisinne G, García Blesa A, Chaoui K, Fiore F, Bergot E, Girard L, et al. Co-recruitment analysis of the CBL and CBLB signalosomes in primary T cells identifies CD5 as a key regulator of TCR-induced ubiquitylation. Mol Syst Biol. 2016;12:876 pubmed publisher..By combining co-recruitment analysis with biochemical analysis, we demonstrated that the CD5 transmembrane receptor constitutes a key scaffold for CBL- and CBLB-mediated ubiquitylation following TCR ..
- Síma M, Havelková H, Quan L, Svobodova M, Jarošíková T, Vojtísková J, et al. Genetic control of resistance to Trypanosoma brucei brucei infection in mice. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1173 pubmed publisher..Definition of susceptibility genes will improve the understanding of pathways and genetic diversity underlying the disease and may result in new strategies to overcome the active subversion of the immune system by T. b. brucei. ..
- Sladek R, Beatty B, Squire J, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Chromosomal mapping of the human and murine orphan receptors ERRalpha (ESRRA) and ERRbeta (ESRRB) and identification of a novel human ERRalpha-related pseudogene. Genomics. 1997;45:320-6 pubmed..1. To our knowledge, this represents the first report of a pseudogene associated with a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily. ..
- Wang K, Tao L, Su J, Zhang Y, Zou B, Wang Y, et al. TLR4 supports the expansion of FasL+CD5+CD1dhi regulatory B cells, which decreases in contact hypersensitivity. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:188-199 pubmed publisherCertain B cells termed as "regulatory B cells" (Bregs) can suppress the ongoing immune responses and a splenic CD5+CD1dhi Breg subset identified earlier was shown to exert its regulatory functions through secretion ..
- Starling G, Llewellyn M, Whitney G, Aruffo A. The Ly-1.1 and Ly-1.2 epitopes of murine CD5 map to the membrane distal scavenger receptor cysteine-rich domain. Tissue Antigens. 1997;49:1-6 pubmedb>CD5 is a member of a superfamily of proteins which contain one or more extracellular domains homologous to the type I macrophage Scavenger Receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) domain...
- Gabig T, Crean C, Klenk A, Long H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Expression and chromosomal localization of the Requiem gene. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:660-5 pubmed..The gene is located in the proximal region of mouse Chromosome (Chr) 19. In the homologous human region at 11q13, it is located at about 150 kb centromeric from MLK3. ..
- Mizoguchi A, Mizoguchi E, De Jong Y, Takedatsu H, Preffer F, Terhorst C, et al. Role of the CD5 molecule on TCR gammadelta T cell-mediated immune functions: development of germinal centers and chronic intestinal inflammation. Int Immunol. 2003;15:97-108 pubmed..Factors contributing to the down-regulation of CD4(+) TCRgammadelta T cells have not been identified. The CD5 molecule is expressed on most TCRgammadelta T cells in the spleen, whereas only a few intestinal intraepithelial ..
- Kaupmann K, Sendtner M, Stöckli K, Jockusch H. The Gene for Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor (CNTF) Maps to Murine Chromosome 19 and its Expression is Not Affected in the Hereditary Motoneuron Disease 'Wobbler' of the Mouse. Eur J Neurosci. 1991;3:1182-1186 pubmed
- Lundy S, Fox D. Reduced Fas ligand-expressing splenic CD5+ B lymphocytes in severe collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R128 pubmed publisher..Among splenic lymphocyte populations, only the CD5+ B-cell subset displayed a decrease in relative numbers as arthritis severity increased...
- Morse H, Shen F, Hammerling U. Genetic nomenclature for loci controlling mouse lymphocyte antigens. Immunogenetics. 1987;25:71-8 pubmed
- Watanabe Fukunaga R, Brannan C, Itoh N, Yonehara S, Copeland N, Jenkins N, et al. The cDNA structure, expression, and chromosomal assignment of the mouse Fas antigen. J Immunol. 1992;148:1274-9 pubmed..Interspecific backcross analysis indicated that the gene coding for the Fas antigen is in the distal region of mouse chromosome 19. ..
- Axtell R, Xu L, Barnum S, Raman C. CD5-CK2 binding/activation-deficient mice are resistant to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: protection is associated with diminished populations of IL-17-expressing T cells in the central nervous system. J Immunol. 2006;177:8542-9 pubmed..We reported recently that CD5 has an engagement-dependent prosurvival activity in T cells that played a direct role in the induction and ..
- Wu P, Ward R. The secondary B cell lineage for phosphorylcholine is conserved in CBA/CaHN-xid/J mice. Cell Immunol. 1994;155:345-57 pubmed..These results help explain the reported characteristics of the serum antibody responses induced in these mice and also better our understanding of the mechanism of B cell memory generation. ..
- Kusnierczyk P, Czarnomska A, Opolski A, Seshadri M, Zborowska E, Radzikowski C, et al. Genetic monitoring of inbred mouse strains maintained at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay: serological typing for H-2 haplotypes and lymphocyte differentiation markers. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 1987;35:423-30 pubmed..2 monoclonal antibody HO.2.2. ..
- Ling K, van Hamburg J, de Bruijn M, Kurek D, Dingjan G, Hendriks R. GATA3 controls the expression of CD5 and the T cell receptor during CD4 T cell lineage development. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1043-52 pubmed..transgenic mice, with enforced GATA3 expression driven by the CD2 promoter, thymocytes have reduced levels of CD5, which is a negative regulator of TCR signaling participating in TCR repertoire fine-tuning...
- Tada N, Kimura S, Hammerling U. Immunogenetics of mouse B-cell alloantigen systems defined by monoclonal antibodies and gene-cluster formation of these loci. Immunol Rev. 1982;69:99-126 pubmed
- Axtell R, Webb M, Barnum S, Raman C. Cutting edge: critical role for CD5 in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: inhibition of engagement reverses disease in mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:2928-32 pubmed..We report here that mice lacking CD5, an important modulator of T cell activation, exhibit significantly delayed onset and decreased severity of EAE...
- Wada Y, Kubota H, Maeda M, Taniwaki M, Hattori M, Imamura S, et al. Mitogen-inducible SIPA1 is mapped to the conserved syntenic groups of chromosome 19 in mouse and chromosome 11q13.3 centromeric to BCL1 in human. Genomics. 1997;39:66-73 pubmed..3 subregion. It was further indicated by double-color FISH that SIPA1 was located in the centromeric neighborhood of CCND1/ PRAD1, a presumed BCL1 oncogene. ..
- Laky K, Fowlkes B. Presenilins regulate alphabeta T cell development by modulating TCR signaling. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2115-29 pubmed
- Mier Aguilar C, Cashman K, Raman C, Soldevila G. CD5-CK2 Signaling Modulates Erk Activation and Thymocyte Survival. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168155 pubmed publisherb>CD5 is well recognized for its importance in thymic selection. Although this property of CD5 has been attributed to its ITIM-domain dependent regulation of TCR-signal strength, the mechanism has not been established...
- Kishimoto H, Sprent J. Several different cell surface molecules control negative selection of medullary thymocytes. J Exp Med. 1999;190:65-73 pubmed..In support of this idea, we show here that at least three cell surface molecules, namely CD28, CD5, and CD43, contribute to Fas-independent negative selection of the tolerance-susceptible population of heat-stable ..
- Hippen K, Tze L, Behrens T. CD5 maintains tolerance in anergic B cells. J Exp Med. 2000;191:883-90 pubmed..Here, we show that anergic B cells express significant surface levels of CD5, a molecule normally found on T cells and a subset of B-1 cells...
- Wiest D, Ashe J, Howcroft T, Lee H, Kemper D, Negishi I, et al. A spontaneously arising mutation in the DLAARN motif of murine ZAP-70 abrogates kinase activity and arrests thymocyte development. Immunity. 1997;6:663-71 pubmed..The developmental arrest is due to the inability of CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes to propagate TCR signals in the absence of ZAP-70 kinase activity despite tyrosine phosphorylation of TCR-associated ZAP-70 molecules. ..
- Ordoñez Rueda D, Lozano F, Sarukhan A, Raman C, Garcia Zepeda E, Soldevila G. Increased numbers of thymic and peripheral CD4+ CD25+Foxp3+ cells in the absence of CD5 signaling. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2233-47 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the role of CD5, a negative regulator of TCR signaling, in the selection and function of "naturally occurring" CD4(+)CD25(..
- Davidson W, Roths J, Holmes K, Rudikoff E, Morse H. Dissociation of severe lupus-like disease from polyclonal B cell activation and IL 2 deficiency in C3H-lpr/lpr mice. J Immunol. 1984;133:1048-56 pubmed..This suggests that factors other than defective IL 2 production and polyclonal B cell activation are required for the development of fulminant autoimmune disease...
- Kieper W, Burghardt J, Surh C. A role for TCR affinity in regulating naive T cell homeostasis. J Immunol. 2004;172:40-4 pubmed..TCR-transgenic CD8+ cells expressing TCR with different affinities for self-MHC/peptide ligands, as depicted by the CD5 expression level, were analyzed for their ability to respond to and compete for homeostatic factors under normal ..
- Zheng M, Xing C, Xiao H, Ma N, Wang X, Han G, et al. Interaction of CD5 and CD72 is involved in regulatory T and B cell homeostasis. Immunol Invest. 2014;43:705-16 pubmed publisherRegulatory IL-10-producing CD1d(high)CD5(+)CD19(+) B cells and CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) T cells have been found to modulate immune responses in autoimmunity, infection, and cancer, but the interaction between these two cell subsets remains ..
- Cheng A, Rowley B, Pao W, Hayday A, Bolen J, Pawson T. Syk tyrosine kinase required for mouse viability and B-cell development. Nature. 1995;378:303-6 pubmed
- Itakura K, Hutton J, Boyse E, Old L. Linkage groups of the theta and Ly-A loci. Nat New Biol. 1971;230:126 pubmed
- Krog H, Wysocka M, Kisielow P, Radzikowski C. Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer research. Hereditas. 1977;87:201-4 pubmed
- Sakhinia E, Byers R, Bashein A, Hoyland J, Buckle A, Brady G. Gene expression analysis of myeloid and lymphoid lineage markers during mouse haematopoiesis. Br J Haematol. 2006;135:105-16 pubmed..1 and CD5) were investigated in 40 mouse myeloid haematopoietic precursors covering the entire haematopoietic hierarchy from ..
- Lane P, Eicher E, Southard J. Chromosome 19 of the house mouse. J Hered. 1974;65:297-300 pubmed
- Mock B, Krall M, Dosik J. Genetic mapping of tumor susceptibility genes involved in mouse plasmacytomagenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9499-503 pubmed
- Posevitz V, Arndt B, Krieger T, Warnecke N, Schraven B, Simeoni L. Regulation of T cell homeostasis by the transmembrane adaptor protein SIT. J Immunol. 2008;180:1634-42 pubmed..Finally, we show that SIT-deficient T cells develop a mechanism analogous to sensory adaptation as they up-regulate CD5, down-regulate the coreceptor, and display impaired TCR-mediated ZAP-70 activation.
- Sekine M, Sakaizumi M, Moriwaki K, Yamakawa T, Suzuki A. Two genes controlling the expression of extended globoglycolipids in mouse kidney are closely linked to each other on chromosome 19. J Biochem. 1989;105:680-3 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Horlick K, Cheng I, Wong W, Wakeland E, Nick H. Mouse lipocortin I gene structure and chromosomal assignment: gene duplication and the origins of a gene family. Genomics. 1991;10:365-74 pubmed..This pattern supports the gene duplication theory, and the similarity in gene structure between mouse Lipo I and Lipo II suggests they have a recent evolutionary ancestor. ..
- Huber B, Devinsky O, Gershon R, Cantor H. Cell-mediated immunity: delayed-type hypersensitivity and cytotoxic responses are mediated by different T-cell subclasses. J Exp Med. 1976;143:1534-9 pubmed..The relative contribution of DTH-competent Lyl cells and cytotoxic Ly23 cells to the classical homograft response remains to be determined. ..
- Weichert T, Schwartz R. Cloning of the murine CD5 promoter and its tissue-specific regulation. J Immunol. 1995;154:4603-12 pubmedA genomic clone containing 1700 bp of the 5'-flanking region and first exon of the murine CD5 gene was isolated by screening a NIH 3T3 fibroblast genomic library with the previously characterized murine CD5 cDNA...
- Roa N, Ordoñez Rueda D, Chávez Rios J, Raman C, Garcia Zepeda E, Lozano F, et al. The carboxy-terminal region of CD5 is required for c-CBL mediated TCR signaling downmodulation in thymocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;432:52-9 pubmed publisherb>CD5 functions as a negative regulator of TCR signaling during thymocyte development, however, the molecular mechanisms involved in this process remain elusive...
- Opavsky R, Haviernik P, Jurkovicova D, Garin M, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Molecular characterization of the mouse Tem1/endosialin gene regulated by cell density in vitro and expressed in normal tissues in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38795-807 pubmed..The ubiquitous expression in vivo is in contrast to previously reported expression limited to corpus luteum and highly angiogenic tissues such as tumors and wound tissue. ..
- Lecomte O, Bock J, Birren B, Vollrath D, Parnes J. Molecular linkage of the mouse CD5 and CD6 genes. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:385-90 pubmed
- Joliat M, Lang P, Lyons B, Burzenski L, Lynes M, Yi T, et al. Absence of CD5 dramatically reduces progression of pulmonary inflammatory lesions in SHP-1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase-deficient 'viable motheaten' mice. J Autoimmun. 2002;18:105-17 pubmed..A high percentage of B-cells in viable motheaten mice express the cell surface glycoprotein CD5, in contrast to wild type mice that express CD5 on only a small percentage of B-cells...
- Teh S, Killeen N, Tarakhovsky A, Littman D, Teh H. CD2 regulates the positive selection and function of antigen-specific CD4- CD8+ T cells. Blood. 1997;89:1308-18 pubmed..to promote the positive selection of cells in a manner that is similar to that which occurs in the absence of CD5. Consistent with this, compound homozygotes that lacked both CD2 and CD5 showed evidence of enhanced positive ..
- Takai S, Kozak C, Kitamura K, Takeda A. Assignment of the CD45-AP gene to the centromeric end of mouse chromosome 19 and human chromosome 11q13.1-q13.3. Genomics. 1996;38:429-31 pubmed..The CD45-AP gene mapped to the centromeric region of Chr 19 proximal to the genes Fth, Cd5, and Pcna-rs. The gene for the human CD45-AP homologue, PTPRCAP, was localized to chromosome band 11q13.1-q13...
- Graw F, Weber K, Allen P, Perelson A. Dynamics of CD4(+) T cell responses against Listeria monocytogenes. J Immunol. 2012;189:5250-6 pubmed publisher..and LLO56, both specific for the same epitope but differing in their expression level of the cell surface protein CD5, were generated...
- Hogarth P, Houlden B, Latham S, Cherry M, Taylor B, McKenzie I. The mouse Ly-12.1 specificity: genetic and biochemical relationship to Ly-1. Immunogenetics. 1988;27:383-7 pubmed
- Kretschmer K, Jungebloud A, Stopkowicz J, Kleinke T, Hoffmann R, Weiss S. The selection of marginal zone B cells differs from that of B-1a cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:6495-501 pubmed..Thus, our data demonstrate that despite common functional properties, MZ B and B-1a cells exhibit striking differences in their selection and/or maintenance requirements. ..
- Kamimura D, Arima Y, Tsuruoka M, Jiang J, Bando H, Meng J, et al. Strong TCR-mediated signals suppress integrated stress responses induced by KDELR1 deficiency in naive T cells. Int Immunol. 2016;28:117-26 pubmed publisher..In mice lacking functional KDELR1, surviving naive T cells expressed significantly higher levels of CD5, a surrogate marker of TCR self-reactivity...
- Fowler K, Clouston W, Fournier R, Evans B. The relaxin gene is located on chromosome 19 in the mouse. FEBS Lett. 1991;292:183-6 pubmed..The finding of a BamHI restriction fragment length polymorphism in AKR mice enabled us to use recombinant inbred strains to make an assignment to chromosome 19. This was confirmed by Southern analysis of DNA from microcell hybrids. ..
- Garza K, McKall Faienza K, Otheki T, Zakarian A, Odermatt B, Ohashi P. Enhanced T cell responses contribute to the genetic predisposition of CD8-mediated spontaneous autoimmunity. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:885-94 pubmed..to enhanced cross-presentation of LCMV-gp, nor to decreased expression levels of the negative regulatory molecule CD5. Disease susceptibility did associate, however, with enhanced T cell responses...
- Bendelac A, Lantz O, Quimby M, Yewdell J, Bennink J, Brutkiewicz R. CD1 recognition by mouse NK1+ T lymphocytes. Science. 1995;268:863-5 pubmed..This particular subset, and its human counterpart, provide evidence that CD1 has a general role in selecting and interacting with specialized alpha beta T cells. ..
- Li X, Yin W, Perez Jurado L, Bonadio J, Francke U. Mapping of human and murine genes for latent TGF-beta binding protein-2 (LTBP2). Mamm Genome. 1995;6:42-5 pubmed..Analysis of BXD and AKXL recombinant inbred strains have placed Ltbp2 between D19Rp19 and Ly10 on proximal mouse Chr 19. ..
- Henderson J, Opejin A, Jones A, Gross C, Hawiger D. CD5 instructs extrathymic regulatory T cell development in response to self and tolerizing antigens. Immunity. 2015;42:471-83 pubmed publisher..We report that CD5, whose expression is upregulated in T cells by self and tolerizing antigens in the thymus and periphery, governed ..
- Hupp K, Siwarski D, Mock B, Kinet J. Gene mapping of the three subunits of the high affinity FcR for IgE to mouse chromosomes 1 and 19. J Immunol. 1989;143:3787-91 pubmed..The close association of the genes for Fc epsilon RI alpha, FC gamma RII, and their shared gamma subunits raises interesting implications regarding coordinate regulation of gene expression. ..
- Berland R, Fiering S, Wortis H. A conserved enhancer element differentially regulates developmental expression of CD5 in B and T cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:7537-43 pubmed publisherWe previously identified an enhancer element upstream of the mouse cd5 gene that was required in reporter assays for the induction of cd5 promoter activity by BCR cross-linking. This element is highly conserved in placental mammals...
- Szepetowski P, Simon M, Grosgeorge J, Huebner K, Bastard C, Evans G, et al. Localization of 11q13 loci with respect to regional chromosomal breakpoints. Genomics. 1992;12:738-44 pubmed