Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd3e
Description: CD3 antigen, epsilon polypeptide
Alias: AI504783, CD3, CD3epsilon, T3e, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain, T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon chain
- Kuhns M, Davis M. Disruption of extracellular interactions impairs T cell receptor-CD3 complex stability and signaling. Immunity. 2007;26:357-69 pubmed..are critical for the assembly of the complex, the location of extracellular contacts between the TCR and CD3 subunits and their contributions to stability and signal transduction have not been defined...
- DeJarnette J, Sommers C, Huang K, Woodside K, Emmons R, Katz K, et al. Specific requirement for CD3epsilon in T cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14909-14 pubmed..In contrast, mature T cells are absent from CD3epsilon-/- mice, and thymocyte development is arrested at the early CD4(-)CD8(-) stage...
- Wiest D, Ashe J, Howcroft T, Lee H, Kemper D, Negishi I, et al. A spontaneously arising mutation in the DLAARN motif of murine ZAP-70 abrogates kinase activity and arrests thymocyte development. Immunity. 1997;6:663-71 pubmed..The developmental arrest is due to the inability of CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes to propagate TCR signals in the absence of ZAP-70 kinase activity despite tyrosine phosphorylation of TCR-associated ZAP-70 molecules. ..
- Negishi I, Motoyama N, Nakayama K, Senju S, Hatakeyama S, Zhang Q, et al. Essential role for ZAP-70 in both positive and negative selection of thymocytes. Nature. 1995;376:435-8 pubmed..ZAP-70 is a protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) that is associated with the TCR signalling subunits (CD3 and zeta) and is expressed in T cells and natural killer cells...
- Kearse K, Roberts J, Singer A. TCR alpha-CD3 delta epsilon association is the initial step in alpha beta dimer formation in murine T cells and is limiting in immature CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes. Immunity. 1995;2:391-9 pubmed..We demonstrate that TCR assembly proceeds by initial association of TCR alpha with CD3 delta epsilon proteins and by association of TCR beta with CD3 gamma epsilon proteins to form alpha delta epsilon ..
- Renard V, Ardouin L, Malissen M, Milon G, Lebastard M, Gillet A, et al. Normal development and function of natural killer cells in CD3 epsilon delta 5/delta 5 mutant mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7545-9 pubmedThe CD3 epsilon polypeptide contributes to the cell surface display as well as to the signal transduction properties of the T-cell antigen receptor complex...
- Sun Z, Kim K, Wagner G, Reinherz E. Mechanisms contributing to T cell receptor signaling and assembly revealed by the solution structure of an ectodomain fragment of the CD3 epsilon gamma heterodimer. Cell. 2001;105:913-23 pubmed..of genetically diverse disulfide-linked alpha and beta chains in noncovalent association with the invariant CD3 subunits. CD3 epsilon and CD3 gamma are integral components of both the TCR and pre-TCR...
- Shores E, Ono M, Kawabe T, Sommers C, Tran T, Lui K, et al. T cell development in mice lacking all T cell receptor zeta family members (Zeta, eta, and FcepsilonRIgamma). J Exp Med. 1998;187:1093-101 pubmed..A possible function for the differential expression of zeta family proteins may be to impart distinctive signaling properties to TCR complexes expressed on specific T cell populations. ..
- Martínez Martín N, Risueno R, Morreale A, Zaldivar I, Fernández Arenas E, Herranz F, et al. Cooperativity between T cell receptor complexes revealed by conformational mutants of CD3epsilon. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra43 pubmed publisherThe CD3epsilon subunit of the T cell receptor (TCR) complex undergoes a conformational change upon ligand binding that is thought to be important for the activation of T cells...
- Prinz I, Sansoni A, Kissenpfennig A, Ardouin L, Malissen M, Malissen B. Visualization of the earliest steps of gammadelta T cell development in the adult thymus. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:995-1003 pubmed..In addition, we show that gammadelta selection triggered a phase of sustained proliferation similar to that induced by the pre-TCR. ..
- Wang B, Levelt C, Salio M, Zheng D, Sancho J, Liu C, et al. Over-expression of CD3 epsilon transgenes blocks T lymphocyte development. Int Immunol. 1995;7:435-48 pubmedWe have reported previously that mice carrying > 30 copies of the human CD3 epsilon transgene completely lose their T lymphocytes and NK cells (36)...
- Tailor P, Tsai S, Shameli A, Serra P, Wang J, Robbins S, et al. The proline-rich sequence of CD3epsilon as an amplifier of low-avidity TCR signaling. J Immunol. 2008;181:243-55 pubmedEngagement of peptide-MHC by the TCR induces a conformational change in CD3epsilon that exposes a proline-rich sequence (PRS) and recruits the cytoskeletal adaptor Nck...
- Tsuji M, Komatsu N, Kawamoto S, Suzuki K, Kanagawa O, Honjo T, et al. Preferential generation of follicular B helper T cells from Foxp3+ T cells in gut Peyer's patches. Science. 2009;323:1488-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, environmental cues present in gut Peyer's patches promote the selective differentiation of distinct helper T cell subsets, such as TFH cells. ..
- Williams J, Hathcock K, Klug D, Harada Y, Choudhury B, Allison J, et al. Regulated costimulation in the thymus is critical for T cell development: dysregulated CD28 costimulation can bypass the pre-TCR checkpoint. J Immunol. 2005;175:4199-207 pubmed..of the requirement for TCRbeta expression manifest in wild-type thymocytes, occurring even in Rag- or CD3epsilon- knockouts...
- Ardouin L, Ismaili J, Malissen B, Malissen M. The CD3-gammadeltaepsilon and CD3-zeta/eta modules are each essential for allelic exclusion at the T cell receptor beta locus but are both dispensable for the initiation of V to (D)J recombination at the T cell receptor-beta, -gamma, and -delta loci. J Exp Med. 1998;187:105-16 pubmedThe pre-T cell receptor (TCR) associates with CD3-transducing subunits and triggers the selective expansion and maturation of T cell precursors expressing a TCR-beta chain...
- Deford Watts L, Tassin T, Becker A, Medeiros J, Albanesi J, Love P, et al. The cytoplasmic tail of the T cell receptor CD3 epsilon subunit contains a phospholipid-binding motif that regulates T cell functions. J Immunol. 2009;183:1055-64 pubmed publisherThe CD3 epsilon subunit of the TCR complex contains two defined signaling domains, a proline-rich sequence and an ITAM. We identified a third signaling sequence in CD3 epsilon, termed the basic-rich stretch (BRS)...
- Mao C, Jiang L, Melo Jorge M, Puthenveetil M, Zhang X, Carroll M, et al. T cell-independent somatic hypermutation in murine B cells with an immature phenotype. Immunity. 2004;20:133-44 pubmed..Mutation frequency was not diminished in the absence of T cells. Our results support the idea that somatic hypermutation can occur in murine immature B cells and may represent a mechanism for enlarging the V gene repertoire. ..
- Levelt C, Mombaerts P, Iglesias A, Tonegawa S, Eichmann K. Restoration of early thymocyte differentiation in T-cell receptor beta-chain-deficient mutant mice by transmembrane signaling through CD3 epsilon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:11401-5 pubmedThymic repertoire selection requires the expression of the alpha beta CD3 T-cell receptor (TCR) together with the coreceptors CD4 and CD8...
- Shinkai Y, Alt F. CD3 epsilon-mediated signals rescue the development of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes in RAG-2-/- mice in the absence of TCR beta chain expression. Int Immunol. 1994;6:995-1001 pubmed..The TCR beta chain is expressed on the surface of DP thymocytes in association with CD3 gamma, delta and epsilon chains, suggesting a potential role for CD3 components in this signaling process...
- Singh N, Schwartz R. The strength of persistent antigenic stimulation modulates adaptive tolerance in peripheral CD4+ T cells. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1107-17 pubmed
- Bosco N, Engdahl C, Benard A, Rolink J, Ceredig R, Rolink A. TCR-beta chains derived from peripheral gammadelta T cells can take part in alphabeta T-cell development. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:3520-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we reconstituted the T-cell compartment of CD3epsilon-deficient mice with Pax5-TCR-beta deficient proB cells expressing, via a retroviral vector, TCR-beta chains from ..
- Gauen L, Zhu Y, Letourneur F, Hu Q, Bolen J, Matis L, et al. Interactions of p59fyn and ZAP-70 with T-cell receptor activation motifs: defining the nature of a signalling motif. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3729-41 pubmed..We propose that the activation of cells by the tyrosine activating motif occurs in four discrete steps: binding of p59fyn, phosphorylation of the motif, binding of ZAP-70, and activation of ZAP-70 kinase activity. ..
- Tokoro Y, Sugawara T, Yaginuma H, Nakauchi H, Terhorst C, Wang B, et al. A mouse carrying genetic defect in the choice between T and B lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1998;161:4591-8 pubmedTransgenic mice with human CD3epsilon gene have been shown to exhibit early arrest of T cell development in the thymus...
- Naramura M, Kole H, Hu R, Gu H. Altered thymic positive selection and intracellular signals in Cbl-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15547-52 pubmed..Second, Cbl-deficient thymocytes expressed CD3 and CD4 molecules at higher levels, which consequently may increase the avidity of TCR/major histocompatibility ..
- Makino Y, Kanno R, Koseki H, Taniguchi M. Development of Valpha4+ NK T cells in the early stages of embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6516-20 pubmed..Fluorescence-activated cell sorter analysis also demonstrated that there exist CD3+ alpha beta+ T cells, almost all of which are Valpha14/Vbeta8+ NK+ T cells, during early embryogenesis...
- Wang Y, Kissenpfennig A, Mingueneau M, Richelme S, Perrin P, Chevrier S, et al. Th2 lymphoproliferative disorder of LatY136F mutant mice unfolds independently of TCR-MHC engagement and is insensitive to the action of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:1565-75 pubmed..Therefore, despite the presence of autoantibodies causative of severe systemic disease, the pathological conditions observed in Lat(Y136F) mice unfold in an Ag-independent manner and thus do not qualify as a genuine autoimmune disorder. ..
- Bosco N, Agenes F, Ceredig R. Effects of increasing IL-7 availability on lymphocytes during and after lymphopenia-induced proliferation. J Immunol. 2005;175:162-70 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide new insights into the pleiotropic effects of IL-7 on lymphopenia-induced T cell proliferation. ..
- Ardouin L, Rolink A, Mura A, Gommeaux J, Melchers F, Busslinger M, et al. Rapid in vivo analysis of mutant forms of the LAT adaptor using Pax5-Lat double-deficient pro-B cells. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:977-86 pubmed..Therefore, it constitutes a powerful first-line screen for mutations worth fastidious knock-in approaches. ..
- Hathcock K, Padilla Nash H, Camps J, Shin D, Triner D, Shaffer A, et al. ATM deficiency promotes development of murine B-cell lymphomas that resemble diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in humans. Blood. 2015;126:2291-301 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that ATM protects against development of B-cell lymphomas that model human ABC DLBCL and identifies a potential role for T cells in preventing the emergence of these tumors. ..
- Lambolez F, Azogui O, Joret A, Garcia C, von Boehmer H, Di Santo J, et al. Characterization of T cell differentiation in the murine gut. J Exp Med. 2002;195:437-49 pubmed..gut epithelium: (a) we determined the kinetics of their generation from bone marrow precursors; (b) we quantified CD3-epsilon, recombination activating gene (Rag)-1, and pre-Talpha mRNAs expression at single cell level; (c) we ..
- Pommier A, Audemard A, Durand A, Lengagne R, Delpoux A, Martin B, et al. Inflammatory monocytes are potent antitumor effectors controlled by regulatory CD4+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13085-90 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that regulatory CD4(+) T cells favor tumor progression, in part, by inhibiting recruitment and/or differentiation of inflammatory monocytes in the skin. ..
- Mok H, Mendoza M, Prchal J, Balogh P, Schumacher A. Dysregulation of ferroportin 1 interferes with spleen organogenesis in polycythaemia mice. Development. 2004;131:4871-81 pubmed..Thus, aberrant Fpn1 regulation and iron homeostasis interferes with development of the spleen stroma during embryogenesis, resulting in a novel defect in spleen architecture postnatally. ..
- Müller A, Filipe Santos O, Eberl G, Aebischer T, Späth G, Bousso P. CD4+ T cells rely on a cytokine gradient to control intracellular pathogens beyond sites of antigen presentation. Immunity. 2012;37:147-57 pubmed publisher..Our results thus demonstrate that CD4(+) T cells can exert their protective activity by engaging a minority of infected cells. ..
- Martinet V, Tonon S, Torres D, Azouz A, Nguyen M, Kohler A, et al. Type I interferons regulate eomesodermin expression and the development of unconventional memory CD8(+) T cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7089 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that type I interferon signalling in CD8(+) T cells drives Eomes expression and thereby regulates the function and homeostasis of memory-like CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Martin B, Bourgeois C, Dautigny N, Lucas B. On the role of MHC class II molecules in the survival and lymphopenia-induced proliferation of peripheral CD4+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:6021-6 pubmed..Nevertheless, interactions with classical MHC class II molecules are required for CD4(+) T cells to survive in CD8(+) T-cell-containing mice. ..
- Podsypanina K, Ellenson L, Nemes A, Gu J, Tamura M, Yamada K, et al. Mutation of Pten/Mmac1 in mice causes neoplasia in multiple organ systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1563-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that PTEN is a regulator of apoptosis and proliferation that behaves as a "landscaper" tumor suppressor in the gut and a "gatekeeper" tumor suppressor in other organs...
- Marquez M, Ellmeier W, Sanchez Guajardo V, Freitas A, Acuto O, Di Bartolo V. CD8 T cell sensory adaptation dependent on TCR avidity for self-antigens. J Immunol. 2005;175:7388-97 pubmed..This may contribute to buffer excessive autoreactivity while optimizing TCR repertoire usage. ..
- Sugiyama M, Nakato G, Jinnohara T, Akiba H, Okumura K, Ohno H, et al. Expression pattern changes and function of RANKL during mouse lymph node microarchitecture development. Int Immunol. 2012;24:369-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RANKL expression on LTi cells during the early phase of LN development is critical for the development LN microarchitecture. ..
- Garcia G, Miller R. Age-related defects in CD4+ T cell activation reversed by glycoprotein endopeptidase. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:3464-72 pubmed..These data support a model in which O-glycosylated forms of T cell surface molecules, including CD43, are largely responsible for age-related defects in TCR signaling and function. ..
- Moriggl R, Topham D, Teglund S, Sexl V, McKay C, Wang D, et al. Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;10:249-59 pubmed..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells. ..
- Ceredig R. The ontogeny of B cells in the thymus of normal, CD3 epsilon knockout (KO), RAG-2 KO and IL-7 transgenic mice. Int Immunol. 2002;14:87-99 pubmed..In CD3 epsilon gene-deleted mice, the phenotypic progression and number of thymic B cells remains unaltered, showing that ..
- Ramond C, Berthault C, Burlen Defranoux O, de Sousa A, Guy Grand D, Vieira P, et al. Two waves of distinct hematopoietic progenitor cells colonize the fetal thymus. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:27-35 pubmed publisher..Our work reconciles conflicting hypotheses on the nature of thymus-settling progenitor cells. ..
- Brisson L, Pouyet L, N Guessan P, Garcia S, Lopes N, Warcollier G, et al. The thymus-specific serine protease TSSP/PRSS16 is crucial for the antitumoral role of CD4(+) T cells. Cell Rep. 2015;10:39-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data demonstrate that antitumoral immune surveillance requires thymic TSSP-driven production of CD4(+) TÂ cells contributing to inflammatory balance. ..
- Jacoby E, Nguyen S, Fountaine T, Welp K, Gryder B, Qin H, et al. CD19 CAR immune pressure induces B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukaemia lineage switch exposing inherent leukaemic plasticity. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12320 pubmed publisher..Deletion of Pax5 or Ebf1 recapitulates lineage reprogramming occurring during CD19 CAR pressure. Our findings establish lineage switch as a mechanism of CAR resistance exposing inherent plasticity in genetic subtypes of pre-B-cell ALL. ..
- Wang Y, Wang J, Sun Y, Wu Q, Fu Y. Complementary effects of TNF and lymphotoxin on the formation of germinal center and follicular dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2001;166:330-7 pubmed..Thus, the development and maintenance of these lymphoid structures depend on a delicate interaction between TNF and LT from different subsets of lymphocytes...
- Sevilla L, Nachat R, Groot K, Klement J, Uitto J, Djian P, et al. Mice deficient in involucrin, envoplakin, and periplakin have a defective epidermal barrier. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:1599-612 pubmed publisher..Thus, combined loss of the cornified envelope proteins not only impairs the epidermal barrier, but also changes the composition of T cell subpopulations in the skin. ..
- Charmley P, Nguyen J, Wei S, Gatti R. Genetic linkage analysis and homology relationships of genes located on human chromosome 11q. Genomics. 1991;10:608-17 pubmed..progesterone receptor, stromelysin, collagenase, N-CAM, dopamine-D2 receptor, apolipoproteins AI-CIII-AIV, CD3-epsilon, -delta, and -gamma, porphobilinogen deaminase, thy-1, and ets-1...
- Evans G, Lewis K, Lawless G. Molecular organization of the human CD3 gene family on chromosome 11q23. Immunogenetics. 1988;28:365-73 pubmedThe genes encoding three invariant components of the human T-cell antigen receptor, the CD3 delta, gamma, and epsilon chains, are located on human chromosome 11 at band q23...
- Kechichian T, Shea J, Del Poeta M. Depletion of alveolar macrophages decreases the dissemination of a glucosylceramide-deficient mutant of Cryptococcus neoformans in immunodeficient mice. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4792-8 pubmed..This study highlights the hypothesis that AMs may exacerbate C. neoformans infection in conditions in which there is severe host immunodeficiency. ..
- Li Q, Yu B, Grover A, Zeng X, Chang A. Therapeutic effects of tumor reactive CD4+ cells generated from tumor-primed lymph nodes using anti-CD3/anti-CD28 monoclonal antibodies. J Immunother. 2002;25:304-13 pubmed..we conducted in vitro and in vivo immune function analysis of tumor-draining lymph node (TDLN) cells after anti-CD3/anti-CD28 activation versus anti-CD3 activation alone in a murine tumor model...
- Seach N, Guerri L, Le Bourhis L, Mburu Y, Cui Y, Bessoles S, et al. Double-positive thymocytes select mucosal-associated invariant T cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:6002-9 pubmed publisher..The revelation of a common cell type for the selection of both NKT and MAIT subsets raises questions about the mechanisms underlying acquisition of their specific features. ..
- dos Santos N, Ghysdael J. A transgenic mouse model for TEL-JAK2-induced B-cell lymphoma/leukemia. Leukemia. 2006;20:182-5 pubmed
- Aguado E, Richelme S, Nunez Cruz S, Miazek A, Mura A, Richelme M, et al. Induction of T helper type 2 immunity by a point mutation in the LAT adaptor. Science. 2002;296:2036-40 pubmed..This paradoxical phenotype establishes an unanticipated inhibitory function for LAT that is critical for the differentiation and homeostasis of TH cells. ..
- Miyao T, Floess S, Setoguchi R, Luche H, Fehling H, Waldmann H, et al. Plasticity of Foxp3(+) T cells reflects promiscuous Foxp3 expression in conventional T cells but not reprogramming of regulatory T cells. Immunity. 2012;36:262-75 pubmed publisher..This study establishes that Treg cells constitute a stable cell lineage, whose committed state in a changing environment is ensured by DNA demethylation of the Foxp3 locus irrespectively of ongoing Foxp3 expression. ..
- Dear T, Boehm T. Diverse mRNA expression patterns of the mouse calpain genes Capn5, Capn6 and Capn11 during development. Mech Dev. 1999;89:201-9 pubmed..Capn11 mRNA is restricted exclusively to spermatocytes and only during the later stages of meiosis. ..
- Kim K, Sun Z, Wagner G, Reinherz E. Heterodimeric CD3epsilongamma extracellular domain fragments: production, purification and structural analysis. J Mol Biol. 2000;302:899-916 pubmed..structure, Escherichia coli expression was utilized to produce CD3 ectodomain fragments including the murine CD3epsilon subunit N-terminal Ig-like extracellular domain alone or as a single chain construct with that of CD3gamma...
- McPherson J, Sarras H, Lemmers B, Tamblyn L, Migon E, Matysiak Zablocki E, et al. Essential role for Bclaf1 in lung development and immune system function. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:331-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings show a critical role for Bclaf1 in developmental processes independent of apoptosis. ..
- Wilson T, Presti R, Tassi I, Overton E, Cella M, Colonna M. FcRL6, a new ITIM-bearing receptor on cytolytic cells, is broadly expressed by lymphocytes following HIV-1 infection. Blood. 2007;109:3786-93 pubmed
- Du C, Liu C, Kang J, Zhao G, Ye Z, Huang S, et al. MicroRNA miR-326 regulates TH-17 differentiation and is associated with the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:1252-9 pubmed publisher..Our data show a critical role for microRNA in T(H)-17 differentiation and the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. ..
- Casati A, Frascoli M, Traggiai E, Proietti M, Schenk U, Grassi F. Cell-autonomous regulation of hematopoietic stem cell cycling activity by ATP. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:396-404 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ATP acts as an autocrine stimulus in regulating HSCs pool size. ..
- Gold D, Clevers H, Alarcon B, Dunlap S, Novotny J, Williams A, et al. Evolutionary relationship between the T3 chains of the T-cell receptor complex and the immunoglobulin supergene family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:7649-53 pubmed..surface of the thymus-derived (T) lymphocytes are associated with small integral membrane proteins called the T3 (CD3) gamma, delta, epsilon, and zeta chains...
- Fröb F, Bremer M, Finzsch M, Kichko T, Reeh P, Tamm E, et al. Establishment of myelinating Schwann cells and barrier integrity between central and peripheral nervous systems depend on Sox10. Glia. 2012;60:806-19 pubmed publisher..We infer that in addition to its many roles in Schwann cells, Sox10 is also important for the integrity of the boundary between central and peripheral nervous systems. ..
- McCarty N, Paust S, Ikizawa K, Dan I, Li X, Cantor H. Signaling by the kinase MINK is essential in the negative selection of autoreactive thymocytes. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:65-72 pubmed
- Bello R, Feito M, Ojeda G, Portoles P, Rojo J. Loss of N-terminal charged residues of mouse CD3 epsilon chains generates isoforms modulating antigen T cell receptor-mediated signals and T cell receptor-CD3 interactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22324-34 pubmedThe antigen T cell receptor (TCR)-CD3 complexes present on the cell surface of CD4(+) T lymphocytes and T cell lines express CD3 epsilon chain isoforms with different isoelectric points (pI), with important structural and functional ..
- Brossard C, Feuillet V, Schmitt A, Randriamampita C, Romao M, Raposo G, et al. Multifocal structure of the T cell - dendritic cell synapse. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1741-53 pubmed..Immunofluorescence images of synapses formed in the absence of antigen show a diffuse synaptic accumulation of CD3 and LFA-1...
- Chappert P, Bouladoux N, Naik S, Schwartz R. Specific gut commensal flora locally alters T cell tuning to endogenous ligands. Immunity. 2013;38:1198-210 pubmed publisher..These findings define a key role for the gut commensal flora in sustaining ongoing autoimmune responses through the local fine tuning of T-cell-receptor-proximal activation events in autoreactive TÂ cells. ..
- Meier D, Bornmann C, Chappaz S, Schmutz S, Otten L, Ceredig R, et al. Ectopic lymphoid-organ development occurs through interleukin 7-mediated enhanced survival of lymphoid-tissue-inducer cells. Immunity. 2007;26:643-54 pubmedDevelopment of Peyer's patches and lymph nodes requires the interaction between CD4+ CD3- IL-7Ralpha+ lymphoid-tissue inducer (LTi) and VCAM-1+ organizer cells...
- Marwali M, MacLeod M, Muzia D, Takei F. Lipid rafts mediate association of LFA-1 and CD3 and formation of the immunological synapse of CTL. J Immunol. 2004;173:2960-7 pubmedLipid rafts accumulate in the immunological synapse formed by an organized assembly of the TCR/CD3, LFA-1, and signaling molecules. However, the precise role of lipid rafts in the formation of the immunological synapse is unclear...
- Wang B, Wang N, Whitehurst C, She J, Chen J, Terhorst C. T lymphocyte development in the absence of CD3 epsilon or CD3 gamma delta epsilon zeta. J Immunol. 1999;162:88-94 pubmedb>CD3 gamma, delta, epsilon, and zeta proteins together with the pre-TCR alpha-chain (pT alpha) and a rearranged TCR beta-chain assemble to form the pre-TCR that controls the double negative (DN) to double positive (DP) stages of ..
- Preite S, Baumjohann D, Foglierini M, Basso C, Ronchi F, Fernandez Rodriguez B, et al. Somatic mutations and affinity maturation are impaired by excessive numbers of T follicular helper cells and restored by Treg cells or memory T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:3010-21 pubmed publisherWe previously reported that Cd3e-deficient mice adoptively transferred with CD4(+) T cells generate high numbers of T follicular helper (Tfh) cells, which go on to induce a strong B-cell and germinal center (GC) reaction...
- Miyajima M, Zhang B, Sugiura Y, Sonomura K, Guerrini M, Tsutsui Y, et al. Metabolic shift induced by systemic activation of T cells in PD-1-deficient mice perturbs brain monoamines and emotional behavior. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:1342-1352 pubmed publisher..Together these data indicate that excessive activation of T cells causes a systemic metabolomic shift with consequences that extend beyond the immune system. ..
- McClive P, Baxter A, Morahan G. Genetic polymorphisms of the non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse. Immunol Cell Biol. 1994;72:137-42 pubmed..The expression of uncommon alleles of these antigens suggests candidates whose role in the diabetogenic process can be tested. ..
- Moriggl R, Sexl V, Piekorz R, Topham D, Ihle J. Stat5 activation is uniquely associated with cytokine signaling in peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;11:225-30 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that activation of the Stat5 proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation is uniquely contributed by cytokine receptor signaling and specifically does not occur through the T cell receptor complex. ..
- Brenner O, Levanon D, Negreanu V, Golubkov O, Fainaru O, Woolf E, et al. Loss of Runx3 function in leukocytes is associated with spontaneously developed colitis and gastric mucosal hyperplasia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16016-21 pubmed..Several susceptibility loci were identified on different human chromosomes including the chromosomal region 1p36 where RUNX3 resides. It is thus tempting to speculate that mutations in RUNX3 may constitute an IBD risk factor in humans. ..
- Michie A, Chan A, Ciofani M, Carleton M, Lefebvre J, He Y, et al. Constitutive Notch signalling promotes CD4 CD8 thymocyte differentiation in the absence of the pre-TCR complex, by mimicking pre-TCR signals. Int Immunol. 2007;19:1421-30 pubmed..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that constitutive Notch signalling can bypass beta-selection during early T-cell development by inducing pre-TCR-like signals within a T-cell-promoting environment. ..