Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd34
Description: CD34 antigen
Alias: AU040960, hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34, cluster designation 34
- Horsley V, O Carroll D, Tooze R, Ohinata Y, Saitou M, Obukhanych T, et al. Blimp1 defines a progenitor population that governs cellular input to the sebaceous gland. Cell. 2006;126:597-609 pubmed
- Sasaki T, Mizuochi C, Horio Y, Nakao K, Akashi K, Sugiyama D. Regulation of hematopoietic cell clusters in the placental niche through SCF/Kit signaling in embryonic mouse. Development. 2010;137:3941-52 pubmed publisher..hematopoietic cell (HC) clusters in mouse placenta, defined as cells expressing the embryonic HSC markers CD31, CD34 and Kit, by immunohistochemistry. HC clusters were first observed in the placenta at 9.5 days post coitum (dpc)...
- Wood H, May G, Healy L, Enver T, Morriss Kay G. CD34 expression patterns during early mouse development are related to modes of blood vessel formation and reveal additional sites of hematopoiesis. Blood. 1997;90:2300-11 pubmedb>CD34 is a cell surface glycoprotein that is selectively expressed within the human hematopoietic system on stem and progenitor cells, and in early blood vessels...
- Vidal V, Chaboissier M, Lützkendorf S, Cotsarelis G, Mill P, Hui C, et al. Sox9 is essential for outer root sheath differentiation and the formation of the hair stem cell compartment. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1340-51 pubmed..Our genetic analysis places Sox9 in a molecular cascade downstream of sonic hedgehog and suggests that this gene is involved in basal cell carcinoma. ..
- Sassetti C, van Zante A, Rosen S. Identification of endoglycan, a member of the CD34/podocalyxin family of sialomucins. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9001-10 pubmedb>CD34 and podocalyxin are structurally related sialomucins, which are expressed in multiple tissues including vascular endothelium and hematopoietic progenitors...
- Horsley V, Aliprantis A, Polak L, Glimcher L, Fuchs E. NFATc1 balances quiescence and proliferation of skin stem cells. Cell. 2008;132:299-310 pubmed publisher..Our findings may explain why patients receiving cyclosporine A for immunosuppressive therapy display excessive hair growth, and unveil a functional role for calcium-NFATc1-CDK4 circuitry in governing stem cell quiescence. ..
- Blanchet M, Bennett J, Gold M, Levantini E, Tenen D, Girard M, et al. CD34 is required for dendritic cell trafficking and pathology in murine hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184:687-98 pubmed publisherAlthough recent work has shown that CD34 plays an important role in the trafficking of inflammatory cells during Th2-biased inflammatory responses, its role in Th1/Th17-biased disease as well as dendritic cell (DC) trafficking is unknown...
- Maltby S, Wohlfarth C, Gold M, Zbytnuik L, Hughes M, McNagny K. CD34 is required for infiltration of eosinophils into the colon and pathology associated with DSS-induced ulcerative colitis. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:1244-54 pubmed publisher..We recently demonstrated that eosinophil migration into the lung requires cell surface expression of the sialomucin CD34 on mast cells and eosinophils in an asthma model...
- Suda J, Sudo T, Ito M, Ohno N, Yamaguchi Y, Suda T. Two types of murine CD34 mRNA generated by alternative splicing. Blood. 1992;79:2288-95 pubmedTo characterize and clarify the function of CD34 antigen experimentally, we isolated two types of CD34 mRNA from a cDNA library of murine stromal cell line, PA-6 stimulated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and 12-o-tetra-decanoylphorbol 13-..
- Gounaris E, Erdman S, Restaino C, Gurish M, Friend D, Gounari F, et al. Mast cells are an essential hematopoietic component for polyp development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19977-82 pubmed..In particular, it has been suggested that CD34(+) immature myeloid precursor cells are required for tumor development and invasion...
- Jaks V, Barker N, Kasper M, van Es J, Snippert H, Clevers H, et al. Lgr5 marks cycling, yet long-lived, hair follicle stem cells. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1291-9 pubmed publisher..Expression analysis suggests involvement of autocrine Hedgehog signaling in maintaining the Lgr5(+) stem cell population. ..
- Garza L, Yang C, Zhao T, Blatt H, Lee M, He H, et al. Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:613-22 pubmed publisher..Cells expressing cytokeratin15 (KRT15), CD200, CD34, and integrin, α6 (ITGA6) were quantitated via flow cytometry...
- Grassl G, Faustmann M, Gill N, Zbytnuik L, Merkens H, So L, et al. CD34 mediates intestinal inflammation in Salmonella-infected mice. Cell Microbiol. 2010;12:1562-75 pubmed publisherb>CD34 is a highly glycosylated sialomucin expressed on a variety of cells, ranging from vascular endothelial cells to haematopoietic stem cells...
- Blanchet M, Gold M, Maltby S, Bennett J, Petri B, Kubes P, et al. Loss of CD34 leads to exacerbated autoimmune arthritis through increased vascular permeability. J Immunol. 2010;184:1292-9 pubmed publisherb>CD34 is a cell surface sialomucin expressed by hematopoietic precursors, eosinophils, mast cells, and vascular endothelia and is suggested to play an integral role in mucosal inflammatory responses...
- Brown J, Greaves M, Molgaard H. The gene encoding the stem cell antigen, CD34, is conserved in mouse and expressed in haemopoietic progenitor cell lines, brain, and embryonic fibroblasts. Int Immunol. 1991;3:175-84 pubmedThe human haemopoietic cell surface antigen, CD34, is a 105 - 120 kd cell surface glycoprotein whose stage-specific expression by stem cells and lineage-specific progenitor cells suggests a role in regulating early events in blood cell ..
- Drew E, Merzaban J, Seo W, Ziltener H, McNagny K. CD34 and CD43 inhibit mast cell adhesion and are required for optimal mast cell reconstitution. Immunity. 2005;22:43-57 pubmedb>CD34 is a cell-surface sialomucin expressed by hematopoietic stem cells (HSC), mast cells, and vascular endothelia. Despite its popularity as an HSC marker, the function of CD34 on hematopoietic cells remains enigmatic...
- Morel F, Szilvassy S, Travis M, Chen B, Galy A. Primitive hematopoietic cells in murine bone marrow express the CD34 antigen. Blood. 1996;88:3774-84 pubmedThe CD34 antigen is expressed on most, if not all, human hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and hematopoietic progenitor cells, and its use for the enrichment of HSCs with repopulating potential is well established...
- Tremblay L, Nagy Kovács E, Daniels E, Wong N, Sutton Smith M, Morris H, et al. Respiratory distress and neonatal lethality in mice lacking Golgi alpha1,2-mannosidase IB involved in N-glycan maturation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2558-66 pubmed..The alpha1,2-mannosidase IB null phenotype differs from phenotypes caused by ablation of other enzymes in N-glycan biosynthesis and from other mouse gene disruptions that affect pulmonary development and function. ..
- van Zante A, Gauguet J, Bistrup A, Tsay D, von Andrian U, Rosen S. Lymphocyte-HEV interactions in lymph nodes of a sulfotransferase-deficient mouse. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1289-300 pubmedThe interaction of L-selectin expressed on lymphocytes with sulfated sialomucin ligands such as CD34 and GlyCAM-1 on high endothelial venules (HEV) of lymph nodes results in lymphocyte rolling and is essential for lymphocyte recruitment...
- Chamoto K, Gibney B, Lee G, Lin M, Collings Simpson D, Voswinckel R, et al. CD34+ progenitor to endothelial cell transition in post-pneumonectomy angiogenesis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;46:283-9 pubmed publisher..This increase in total endothelial cells was temporally associated with a 7.3-fold increase in the number of CD34(+) endothelial cells...
- Vanhoutteghem A, Delhomme B, HervÃ© F, Nondier I, Petit J, Araki M, et al. The importance of basonuclin 2 in adult mice and its relation to basonuclin 1. Mech Dev. 2016;140:53-73 pubmed publisher..The function of the basonuclins in the secondary hair germ is of particular interest. ..
- Maes C, Carmeliet P, Moermans K, Stockmans I, Smets N, Collen D, et al. Impaired angiogenesis and endochondral bone formation in mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms VEGF164 and VEGF188. Mech Dev. 2002;111:61-73 pubmed
- Shalaby F, Rossant J, Yamaguchi T, Gertsenstein M, Wu X, Breitman M, et al. Failure of blood-island formation and vasculogenesis in Flk-1-deficient mice. Nature. 1995;376:62-6 pubmed..These results indicate that Flk-1 is essential for yolk-sac blood-island formation and vasculogenesis in the mouse embryo. ..
- Villani R, Hodgson S, Legrand J, Greaney J, Wong H, Pichol Thievend C, et al. Dominant-negative Sox18 function inhibits dermal papilla maturation and differentiation in all murine hair types. Development. 2017;144:1887-1895 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SOX18 acts as a mesenchymal molecular switch necessary for the formation and function of the dermal papilla in all hair types. ..
- Okuno Y, Iwasaki H, Huettner C, Radomska H, Gonzalez D, Tenen D, et al. Differential regulation of the human and murine CD34 genes in hematopoietic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6246-51 pubmedHuman CD34 (hCD34)-positive cells are used currently as a source for hematopoietic transplantation in humans...
- Xu S, De Becker A, De Raeve H, Van Camp B, Vanderkerken K, Van Riet I. In vitro expanded bone marrow-derived murine (C57Bl/KaLwRij) mesenchymal stem cells can acquire CD34 expression and induce sarcoma formation in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;424:391-7 pubmed publisher..mMSCs from the C57Bl/KaLwRij mouse strain can lose their specific stem cells markers (CD90 and CD105) and acquire CD34 expression, accompanied with an altered morphology and an impaired tri-lineages differentiation capacity...
- Kuo C, Veselits M, Barton K, Lu M, Clendenin C, Leiden J. The LKLF transcription factor is required for normal tunica media formation and blood vessel stabilization during murine embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2996-3006 pubmed..Therefore, LKLF defines a novel transcriptional pathway in which endothelial cells regulate the assembly of the vascular tunica media and concomitant vessel wall stabilization during mammalian embryogenesis. ..
- Liu Y, Wada R, Yamashita T, Mi Y, Deng C, Hobson J, et al. Edg-1, the G protein-coupled receptor for sphingosine-1-phosphate, is essential for vascular maturation. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:951-61 pubmed..Our data reveal Edg-1 to be the first G protein-coupled receptor required for blood vessel formation and show that sphingolipid signaling is essential during mammalian development. ..
- Li W, Ferkowicz M, Johnson S, Shelley W, Yoder M. Endothelial cells in the early murine yolk sac give rise to CD41-expressing hematopoietic cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2005;14:44-54 pubmed..At 8.25 days post coitus (dpc), CD41 was coexpressed with CD31, CD34, and Flk1 in some intraluminal round cells that appeared to arise from flattened endothelial cells lining yolk sac ..
- Takakura N, Watanabe T, Suenobu S, Yamada Y, Noda T, Ito Y, et al. A role for hematopoietic stem cells in promoting angiogenesis. Cell. 2000;102:199-209 pubmed..HSCs, which express Ang1, directly promoted migration of ECs in vivo and in vitro. These results indicate that HSCs are critical for angiogenesis. ..
- Solano M, Kowal M, O Rourke G, Horst A, Modest K, PlÃ¶sch T, et al. Progesterone and HMOX-1 promote fetal growth by CD8+ T cell modulation. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1726-38 pubmed publisher..These observations in mice could promote the identification of pregnancies at risk for IUGR and the generation of clinical interventional strategies. ..
- Yvernogeau L, Auda Boucher G, Fontaine Pérus J. Limb bud colonization by somite-derived angioblasts is a crucial step for myoblast emigration. Development. 2012;139:277-87 pubmed publisher..It also reveals that cells delaminating from the somites display marked differentiation traits, suggesting that if a common progenitor exists, its lifespan is extremely short and restricted to the somite. ..
- Osorio K, Lilja K, Tumbar T. Runx1 modulates adult hair follicle stem cell emergence and maintenance from distinct embryonic skin compartments. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:235-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, a master regulator of hematopoiesis also controls HFSC emergence and maintenance via modulation of bidirectional cross talking between nascent stem cells and their niche. ..
- Driskell R, Lichtenberger B, Hoste E, Kretzschmar K, Simons B, Charalambous M, et al. Distinct fibroblast lineages determine dermal architecture in skin development and repair. Nature. 2013;504:277-281 pubmed publisher..They also form a platform for discovering fibroblast lineages in other tissues and for examining fibroblast changes in ageing and disease. ..
- Andersen D, Laborda J, Baladron V, Kassem M, Sheikh S, Jensen C. Dual role of delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) in skeletal muscle development and adult muscle regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3743-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest a novel and surprising dual biological function of DLK1 as an enhancer of muscle development, but as an inhibitor of adult muscle regeneration. ..
- Iwamoto N, Kawaguchi T, Horikawa K, Nagakura S, Kagimoto T, Suda T, et al. Preferential hematopoiesis by paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria clone engrafted in SCID mice. Blood. 1996;87:4944-8 pubmed..The PNH clone is thus expected to exhibit some neoplastic features. We report here that CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells of PNH-BM yielded blood cells of three lineages with PNH phenotype alone when ..
- Eshkar Oren I, Viukov S, Salameh S, Krief S, Oh C, Akiyama H, et al. The forming limb skeleton serves as a signaling center for limb vasculature patterning via regulation of Vegf. Development. 2009;136:1263-72 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Vegf expression in the condensing mesenchyme as the mechanism by which the skeleton patterns limb vasculature. ..
- Krause D, Mucenski M, Lawler A, May W. CD34 expression by embryonic hematopoietic and endothelial cells does not require c-Myb. Exp Hematol. 1998;26:1086-92 pubmedb>CD34 is a cell-surface glycoprotein expressed in a developmental, stage-specific manner by bone marrow stem and progenitor cells. In this study we explored a possible role for c-Myb in CD34 regulation during developmental hematopoiesis...
- Hu X, Li J, Zhang Q, Zheng L, Wang G, Zhang X, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase (PI3K) Subunit p110? Is Essential for Trophoblast Cell Differentiation and Placental Development in Mouse. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28201 pubmed publisher..These data, taken together, provide the first in vivo evidence that p110? may play an important role in placental vascularization through manipulating trophoblast giant cell. ..
- Siemerink M, Hughes M, Dallinga M, Gora T, Cait J, Vogels I, et al. CD34 Promotes Pathological Epi-Retinal Neovascularization in a Mouse Model of Oxygen-Induced Retinopathy. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0157902 pubmed publisherThe sialomucins CD34 and podocalyxin (PODXL) are anti-adhesive molecules expressed at the luminal membrane of endothelial cells of small blood vessels and facilitate vascular lumen formation in the developing mouse aorta...
- Lo B, Gold M, Scheer S, Hughes M, Cait J, Debruin E, et al. Loss of Vascular CD34 Results in Increased Sensitivity to Lung Injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017;57:651-661 pubmed publisherSurvival during lung injury requires a coordinated program of damage limitation and rapid repair. CD34 is a cell surface sialomucin expressed by epithelial, vascular, and stromal cells that promotes cell adhesion, coordinates inflammatory ..
- You L, Lin F, Lee C, DeMayo F, Tsai M, Tsai S. Suppression of Notch signalling by the COUP-TFII transcription factor regulates vein identity. Nature. 2005;435:98-104 pubmed..Thus, COUP-TFII has a critical role in repressing Notch signalling to maintain vein identity, which suggests that vein identity is under genetic control and is not derived by a default pathway. ..
- McSweeney P, Rouleau K, Storb R, Bolles L, Wallace P, Beauchamp M, et al. Canine CD34: cloning of the cDNA and evaluation of an antiserum to recombinant protein. Blood. 1996;88:1992-2003 pubmed..The separation of progenitors is based on the expression of CD34, a marker preferentially expressed on progenitor cells...
- Stanczuk L, Martínez Corral I, Ulvmar M, Zhang Y, LaviÃ±a B, Fruttiger M, et al. cKit Lineage Hemogenic Endothelium-Derived Cells Contribute to Mesenteric Lymphatic Vessels. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The progenitor cells identified in this study may be exploited to restore lymphatic function following cancer surgery, lymphedema, or tissue trauma. ..
- Schmidt K, Glaser G, Wernig A, Wegner M, Rosorius O. Sox8 is a specific marker for muscle satellite cells and inhibits myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29769-75 pubmed..Our data suggest that Sox8 acts as a specific negative regulator of skeletal muscle differentiation, possibly by interfering with the function of myogenic basic helix-loop-helix proteins. ..
- Tillman B, Kelly J, Richards T, Chen A, Donnenberg A, Donnenberg V, et al. A depleting antibody toward sca-1 mitigates a surge of CD34(+)/c-kit(+) progenitors and reduces vascular restenosis in a murine vascular injury model. J Vasc Surg. 2016;64:1084-92 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that circulating CD34(+)/c-kit(+) progenitors would increase after vascular injury, mirrored by changes in the injury signal, stromal ..
- Drew E, Merkens H, Chelliah S, Doyonnas R, McNagny K. CD34 is a specific marker of mature murine mast cells. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:1211-8 pubmedb>CD34 is a 90- to 120-kDa cell surface sialomucin that is widely used for the enrichment of human hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) because of its selective expression on progenitor cells and absence on mature hematopoietic cells...
- Red Horse K, Ueno H, Weissman I, Krasnow M. Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cells. Nature. 2010;464:549-53 pubmed publisher..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart. ..
- Cano E, Carmona R, Muñoz Chápuli R. Wt1-expressing progenitors contribute to multiple tissues in the developing lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L322-32 pubmed publisher..pulmonary endothelial and smooth muscle cells, bronchial musculature, tracheal and bronchial cartilage, as well as CD34? fibroblast-like interstitial cells...
- Marcos M, Morales Alcelay S, Godin I, Dieterlen Lievre F, Copin S, Gaspar M. Antigenic phenotype and gene expression pattern of lymphohemopoietic progenitors during early mouse ontogeny. J Immunol. 1997;158:2627-37 pubmed..In the 12.5- to 13.5-day-pc fetal liver (FL), a switch occurs, characterized by the random use of all IgH DJ and the detection of lambda 5 gene transcripts. ..
- Urness L, Sorensen L, Li D. Arteriovenous malformations in mice lacking activin receptor-like kinase-1. Nat Genet. 2000;26:328-31 pubmed..The early loss of anatomical, molecular and functional distinctions between arteries and veins indicates that Acvrl1 is required for developing distinct arterial and venous vascular beds. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Tanaka S, Oshima N, Kiyonari H, Asashima M, Nishinakamura R. Translocon-associated protein subunit Trap-?/Ssr3 is required for vascular network formation in the mouse placenta. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:394-403 pubmed publisher..Thus, Trap-? appears to be required for vascular network formation in murine placental development. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Wheeler H, Leid M, Ganguli Indra G, INDRA A. Transcription Factor CTIP2 Maintains Hair Follicle Stem Cell Pool and Contributes to Altered Expression of LHX2 and NFATC1. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:2593-2602 pubmed publisher..CTIP2 appears to serve as a transcriptional organizer that integrates input from multiple signaling cues during HF morphogenesis and hair cycling. ..
- Beronja S, Janki P, Heller E, Lien W, Keyes B, Oshimori N, et al. RNAi screens in mice identify physiological regulators of oncogenic growth. Nature. 2013;501:185-90 pubmed publisher..By documenting some oncogenic growth regulators, we pave the way for future investigations of other hits and raise promise for unearthing new targets for cancer therapies. ..
- Bose B, Shenoy P. Aging induced loss of stemness with concomitant gain of myogenic properties of a pure population of CD34(+)/CD45(-) muscle derived stem cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:1-12 pubmed publisher..This study, hence, also opens the possibilities of using unipotent aged MDSCs as potential candidates for transplantation in patients with muscular dystrophies. ..
- Barrett N, Malouf C, Kapeni C, Bacon W, Giotopoulos G, Jacobsen S, et al. Mll-AF4 Confers Enhanced Self-Renewal and Lymphoid Potential during a Restricted Window in Development. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1039-1054 pubmed publisher..Future analysis of the molecular details of this pre-leukemic state will shed light on additional events required for progression to acute leukemia. ..
- Ma X, Sung D, Yang Y, Wakabayashi Y, Adelstein R. Nonmuscle myosin IIB regulates epicardial integrity and epicardium-derived mesenchymal cell maturation. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2696-2706 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a novel mechanism linking epicardial formation and epicardial function to the activity of the cytoplasmic motor protein NMIIB. ..
- Mikelis C, Palmby T, Simaan M, Li W, Szabo R, Lyons R, et al. PDZ-RhoGEF and LARG are essential for embryonic development and provide a link between thrombin and LPA receptors and Rho activation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:12232-43 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence of an essential role for the RGS-containing RhoGEF family in signaling to Rho by G?12/13-coupled GPCRs, which may likely play a critical role during embryonic development. ..
- Madhu V, Kilanski A, Reghu N, Dighe A, Cui Q. Expression of CD105 and CD34 receptors controls BMP-induced in vitro mineralization of mouse adipose-derived stem cells but does not predict their in vivo bone-forming potential. J Orthop Res. 2015;33:625-32 pubmed publisher..Four purified populations of mouse ADSCs: CD105(+) CD34(+), CD105(-) CD34(-), CD105(+) CD34(-) and CD105(-) CD34(+) were obtained using fluorescence-activated cell sorting ..
- Wu J, Bohanan C, Neumann J, Lingrel J. KLF2 transcription factor modulates blood vessel maturation through smooth muscle cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3942-50 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that KLF2 is required for smooth muscle cell migration and elucidate a novel mechanism involving communication between PDGF and KLF2 in vascular maturation. ..
- Taketo M, Howard T, Seldin M. Mapping of recombinant retrovirus integration sites that cause expression of the viral genome in murine embryonal carcinoma cells. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:240-5 pubmed..None of these loci appear to be linked to any known Mo-MuLV proviral integration sites previously mapped. These enhancer and promoter loci may represent a new set of genes active in undifferentiated embryonic cells. ..
- Quackenbush E, Aguirre V, Wershil B, Gutierrez Ramos J. Eotaxin influences the development of embryonic hematopoietic progenitors in the mouse. J Leukoc Biol. 1997;62:661-6 pubmed..This response is diminished by Pertussis toxin, the Gi alpha inhibitor. These studies suggest that eotaxin is involved in the growth of myeloid cell progenitors and the differentiation of mast cells during embryogenic development. ..
- Tanaka Y, Naruse I, Hongo T, Xu M, Nakahata T, Maekawa T, et al. Extensive brain hemorrhage and embryonic lethality in a mouse null mutant of CREB-binding protein. Mech Dev. 2000;95:133-45 pubmed..Since both Cbp and p300 are ubiquitously expressed in embryonic tissues including the developing heart, these results suggest that cardiac anomalies observed in RTS patients may be caused by a dominant negative effect of mutant CBP. ..
- Minasi M, Riminucci M, De Angelis L, Borello U, Berarducci B, Innocenzi A, et al. The meso-angioblast: a multipotent, self-renewing cell that originates from the dorsal aorta and differentiates into most mesodermal tissues. Development. 2002;129:2773-83 pubmed..of a single cell from the mouse dorsal aorta acquired unlimited lifespan, expressed hemo-angioblastic markers (CD34, Flk1 and Kit) at both early and late passages, and maintained multipotency in culture or when transplanted into a ..
- Sakurai Y, Ohgimoto K, Kataoka Y, Yoshida N, Shibuya M. Essential role of Flk-1 (VEGF receptor 2) tyrosine residue 1173 in vasculogenesis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1076-81 pubmed..In contrast, Flk-1(1212F) homozygous mice were viable and fertile. These results suggest that the signaling via Y1173 of Flk-1 is essential for endothelial and hematopoietic development during embryogenesis. ..
- Golonzhka O, Leid M, Indra G, Indra A. Expression of COUP-TF-interacting protein 2 (CTIP2) in mouse skin during development and in adulthood. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:754-60 pubmed..but not all, of the cells present within hair follicle bulge were found to co-express CTIP2, keratin K15, but not CD34, indicating that a subset of K15(+) CD34(-) skin stem cells may express CTIP2...
- Arima T, Hata K, Tanaka S, Kusumi M, Li E, Kato K, et al. Loss of the maternal imprint in Dnmt3Lmat-/- mice leads to a differentiation defect in the extraembryonic tissue. Dev Biol. 2006;297:361-73 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that not only is DNA methylation required for the appropriate maternal imprint in the placenta but that the appropriate imprint is absolutely required for vertebrate placentation. ..
- Ren X, Ustiyan V, Pradhan A, Cai Y, Havrilak J, Bolte C, et al. FOXF1 transcription factor is required for formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating VEGF signaling in endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2014;115:709-20 pubmed publisher..for vascular development, including vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt1 and Flk1, Pdgfb, Pecam1, CD34, integrin ?3, ephrin B2, Tie2, and the noncoding RNA Fendrr...
- Francois M, Caprini A, Hosking B, Orsenigo F, Wilhelm D, Browne C, et al. Sox18 induces development of the lymphatic vasculature in mice. Nature. 2008;456:643-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a critical role for Sox18 in developmental lymphangiogenesis, and suggest new avenues to investigate for therapeutic management of human lymphangiopathies. ..
- Jankowski R, Deasy B, Cao B, Gates C, Huard J. The role of CD34 expression and cellular fusion in the regeneration capacity of myogenic progenitor cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4361-74 pubmed..Based on previous studies, we used cell sorting to investigate stem cell antigen-1 (Sca-1) and CD34 expression on myogenic populations with late adhesion characteristics...
- Kröger C, Vijayaraj P, Reuter U, Windoffer R, Simmons D, Heukamp L, et al. Placental vasculogenesis is regulated by keratin-mediated hyperoxia in murine decidual tissues. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1578-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that keratin mutations might mediate conditions leading to early pregnancy loss due to hyperoxia in the decidua. ..
- Doehring L, Heeger C, Aherrahrou Z, Kaczmarek P, Erdmann J, Schunkert H, et al. Myeloid CD34+CD13+ precursor cells transdifferentiate into chondrocyte-like cells in atherosclerotic intimal calcification. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:473-80 pubmed publisher..To examine whether hematopoietic stem cells contribute to the phenotype, stem cell marker CD34 and myeloid progenitor-associated antigen CD13 were analyzed. CD34(+) was detectable in 86.9 +/- 8...
- Nijhof J, Braun K, Giangreco A, van Pelt C, Kawamoto H, Boyd R, et al. The cell-surface marker MTS24 identifies a novel population of follicular keratinocytes with characteristics of progenitor cells. Development. 2006;133:3027-37 pubmed..This novel population does not express the bulge-specific stem cell markers CD34 or keratin 15, and is infrequently BrdU label retaining...
- Carotta S, Pilat S, Mairhofer A, Schmidt U, Dolznig H, Steinlein P, et al. Directed differentiation and mass cultivation of pure erythroid progenitors from mouse embryonic stem cells. Blood. 2004;104:1873-80 pubmed..In addition, the system allows detailed characterization of processes during erythroid proliferation and differentiation using wild-type (wt) and genetically modified ES cells. ..
- Morisada T, Oike Y, Yamada Y, Urano T, Akao M, Kubota Y, et al. Angiopoietin-1 promotes LYVE-1-positive lymphatic vessel formation. Blood. 2005;105:4649-56 pubmed..On the basis of these observations, we propose that Ang signaling regulates lymphatic vessel formation through Tie2. ..
- Cornett B, Snowball J, Varisco B, Lang R, Whitsett J, Sinner D. Wntless is required for peripheral lung differentiation and pulmonary vascular development. Dev Biol. 2013;379:38-52 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a new framework for understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying normal pulmonary vasculature formation and the dysmorphic pulmonary vasculature development associated with congenital lung disease. ..
- Cusella De Angelis M, Balconi G, Bernasconi S, Zanetta L, Boratto R, Galli D, et al. Skeletal myogenic progenitors in the endothelium of lung and yolk sac. Exp Cell Res. 2003;290:207-16 pubmed..The number (or potency to generate skeletal muscle) of these vessels associated cells decreases rapidly with age and is very low in mature animals, possibly correlating with reduced regenerative capacity of adult mammalian tissues. ..
- Brachtendorf G, Kuhn A, Samulowitz U, Knorr R, Gustafsson E, Potocnik A, et al. Early expression of endomucin on endothelium of the mouse embryo and on putative hematopoietic clusters in the dorsal aorta. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:410-9 pubmed..associated with the luminal surface of the endothelium of the dorsal aorta could be stained for endomucin and for CD34. At a later stage (E15.5) single leukocytes in the lumen of large venules were stained for endomucin...
- Chang C, Pasolli H, Giannopoulou E, Guasch G, Gronostajski R, Elemento O, et al. NFIB is a governor of epithelial-melanocyte stem cell behaviour in a shared niche. Nature. 2013;495:98-102 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal how melanocyte and hair follicle stem cell behaviours maintain reliance upon cooperative factors within the niche, and how this can be uncoupled in injury, stress and disease states. ..
- Belaoussoff M, Farrington S, Baron M. Hematopoietic induction and respecification of A-P identity by visceral endoderm signaling in the mouse embryo. Development. 1998;125:5009-18 pubmed..Therefore, primitive endoderm signaling is a critical early determinant of hematopoietic and vascular development and plays a decisive role in anterior-posterior patterning during mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Levantini E, Lee S, Radomska H, Hetherington C, Alberich Jorda M, Amabile G, et al. RUNX1 regulates the CD34 gene in haematopoietic stem cells by mediating interactions with a distal regulatory element. EMBO J. 2011;30:4059-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we obtained novel insights into RUNX1 function by studying regulation of the human CD34 gene, which is expressed in HSCs...
- Giangreco A, Jensen K, Takai Y, Miyoshi J, Watt F. Necl2 regulates epidermal adhesion and wound repair. Development. 2009;136:3505-14 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Necl2 is involved in regulating epidermal stem cell quiescence and location. ..