Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd209a
Description: CD209a antigen
Alias: CD209, CDSIGN, CIRE, DC-SIGN, DC-SIGN1, Dcsign, SIGN-R1, SIGNR5, CD209 antigen-like protein A, dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3-grabbing non-integrin
- Davidson M, Alonso M, Kenkel J, Suhoski M, González J, Yuan R, et al. In vivo T cell activation induces the formation of CD209(+) PDL-2(+) dendritic cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76258 pubmed publisher..activation of T cells in mice, with either an anti-CD3 antibody or super antigen, drives the rapid formation of CD209(+)CD11b(+)CD11c(+) MHC II(+) DC from monocytic precursors (Mo-DC)...
- Snyder G, Ford J, Torabi Parizi P, Arthos J, Schuck P, Colonna M, et al. Characterization of DC-SIGN/R interaction with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 and ICAM molecules favors the receptor's role as an antigen-capturing rather than an adhesion receptor. J Virol. 2005;79:4589-98 pubmed..Our work contradicts the function of DC-SIGN as a Trojan horse to facilitate HIV-1 infection; rather, it supports the function of DC-SIGN/R (a designation referring to both DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR) as an antigen-capturing receptor. ..
- Choi H, Choi W, Park J, Kang K, Prabagar M, Shin C, et al. Enhanced immune response of T-cell independent or dependent antigens in SIGN-R1 knock-out mice. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2011;30:109-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study suggests that inhibition of TI-2 polysaccharide antigen uptake in SIGN-R1(+) macrophages contributes to the development of novel vaccination strategies against TI-2 polysaccharide antigens. ..
- You Y, Myers R, Freeberg L, Foote J, Kearney J, Justement L, et al. Marginal zone B cells regulate antigen capture by marginal zone macrophages. J Immunol. 2011;186:2172-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, MZ B cells regulate expression of molecules on macrophages that are important for trapping Ag, which, in turn, is required for Ag capture by the B cells. ..
- Katz L. Somatosensory development. A new level of refinement. Curr Biol. 1994;4:831-4 pubmed..Gene 'knockout' mice lacking a critical NMDA-receptor subunit have a brief life span, but have already resolved some long-standing controversies about the development of the rodent somatosensory system. ..
- Cox N, Pilling D, Gomer R. DC-SIGN activation mediates the differential effects of SAP and CRP on the innate immune system and inhibits fibrosis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:8385-90 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SAP activates DC-SIGN to regulate the innate immune system differently from CRP, and that DC-SIGN is a target for antifibrotics. ..
- Fujisaka S, Usui I, Kanatani Y, Ikutani M, Takasaki I, Tsuneyama K, et al. Telmisartan improves insulin resistance and modulates adipose tissue macrophage polarization in high-fat-fed mice. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1789-99 pubmed publisher..CD11c and TNF-?, M1 macrophage markers, and significantly increased the expressions of M2 markers, such as CD163, CD209, and macrophage galactose N-acetyl-galactosamine specific lectin (Mgl2), in a quantitative RT-PCR analysis...
- Park J, Loh S, Cho E, Choi H, Na T, Nemeno J, et al. SIGN-R1 and complement factors are involved in the systemic clearance of radiation-induced apoptotic cells in whole-body irradiated mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463:1064-70 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SIGN-R1 and complement factors play an important role in the systemic clearance of radiation-induced apoptotic innate immune cells to maintain tissue homeostasis after Î³-irradiation. ..
- Tanne A, Ma B, Boudou F, Tailleux L, Botella H, Badell E, et al. A murine DC-SIGN homologue contributes to early host defense against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2205-20 pubmed publisher..host response to pathogens in vivo, by generating mouse lines lacking the DC-SIGN homologues SIGNR1, SIGNR3, and SIGNR5. Resistance to Mycobacterium tuberculosis was impaired only in SIGNR3-deficient animals...
- Lu X, Chen Q, Rong Y, Yang G, Li C, Xu N, et al. LECT2 drives haematopoietic stem cell expansion and mobilization via regulating the macrophages and osteolineage cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12719 pubmed publisher..Recombinant LECT2 administration results in HSC expansion in the bone marrow and mobilization to the blood via CD209a. The effect of LECT2 on HSCs is reduced after specific depletion of macrophages or reduction of osteolineage cells...
- Schjetne K, Thompson K, Aarvak T, Fleckenstein B, Sollid L, Bogen B. A mouse C kappa-specific T cell clone indicates that DC-SIGN is an efficient target for antibody-mediated delivery of T cell epitopes for MHC class II presentation. Int Immunol. 2002;14:1423-30 pubmed..These results strongly argue that DC-SIGN-specific mAb are channeled into the MHC class II presentation pathway. Thus, DC-SIGN could be an efficient target for antibody-mediated delivery of T cell epitopes in vaccine development. ..
- Saunders S, Barlow J, Walsh C, Bellsoi A, Smith P, McKenzie A, et al. C-type lectin SIGN-R1 has a role in experimental colitis and responsiveness to lipopolysaccharide. J Immunol. 2010;184:2627-37 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a role for SIGN-R1 in the regulation of inflammation in a model of experimental colitis and illustrate that SIGN-R1 is a critical innate factor in response to LPS. ..
- Ponichtera H, Shainheit M, Liu B, Raychowdhury R, Larkin B, Russo J, et al. CD209a expression on dendritic cells is critical for the development of pathogenic Th17 cell responses in murine schistosomiasis. J Immunol. 2014;192:4655-65 pubmed publisher..We show by gene profiling that CBA DCs display an 18-fold higher expression of the C-type lectin receptor CD209a, a murine homolog of human DC-specific ICAM-3-grabbing nonintegrin, compared with BL/6 DCs...
- Silva Martin N, Schauer J, Park C, Hermoso J. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the carbohydrate-recognition domain of SIGN-R1, a receptor for microbial polysaccharides and sialylated antibody on splenic marginal zone macrophages. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:1264-6 pubmed publisher..5. Single crystals, which belonged to the monoclinic space group C2 with unit-cell parameters a = 146.72, b = 92.77, c = 77.06 A, beta = 121.66 degrees , allowed the collection of a full X-ray data set to a maximum resolution of 1.87 A. ..
- Zeng J, Xu C, Zhou T, Wu J, Lin K, Liu W, et al. Enterocyte dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-3-grabbing non-integrin expression in inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:187-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IECs can promote T cell proliferation. IECs regulate tissue-associated immune compartments under the control of DC-SIGN in IBD. ..
- Silva MartÃn N, Bartual S, RamÃrez Aportela E, ChacÃ³n P, Park C, Hermoso J. Structural basis for selective recognition of endogenous and microbial polysaccharides by macrophage receptor SIGN-R1. Structure. 2014;22:1595-606 pubmed
- Dominguez Soto A, Puig Kröger A, Vega M, Corbi A. PU.1 regulates the tissue-specific expression of dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-3-grabbing nonintegrin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33123-31 pubmed..1 has on the acquisition of the antigen uptake molecular repertoire by dendritic cells and macrophages. ..
- Liu P, Wang X, Itano M, Neumann A, Jacobson K, Thompson N. The formation and stability of DC-SIGN microdomains require its extracellular moiety. Traffic. 2012;13:715-26 pubmed publisher..By contrast, we propose that interactions between the CRD of DC-SIGN and the extracellular matrix and/or cis interactions with transmembrane scaffolding protein(s) play an essential role in organizing these microdomains. ..
- Caminschi I, Lucas K, O Keeffe M, Hochrein H, Laabi Y, Brodnicki T, et al. Molecular cloning of a C-type lectin superfamily protein differentially expressed by CD8alpha(-) splenic dendritic cells. Mol Immunol. 2001;38:365-73 pubmed..Using Representational Difference Analysis (RDA) we identified a gene (CIRE) that is expressed at higher levels in the myeloid-related CD8alpha(-) DC than in the lymphoid-related CD8alpha(+) ..
- Cruz Aguilar M, Castillo Rodal A, Schcolnik Cabrera A, Bonifaz L, Molina G, LÃ³pez Vidal Y. TLR4 and DC-SIGN receptors recognized Mycobacterium scrofulaceum promoting semi-activated phenotype on bone marrow dendritic cells. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2016;99:31-40 pubmed publisher..scrofulaceum are different to other known pathogenic mycobacteria. This is the first report about the immunophenotypic characterization of DC stimulated by M.Â scrofulaceum. ..
- Pathak S, Sköld A, Mohanram V, Persson C, Johansson U, Spetz A. Activated apoptotic cells induce dendritic cell maturation via engagement of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-grabbing nonintegrin (DC-SIGN), and ?2 integrins. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13731-42 pubmed publisher..These studies provide important mechanistic insight into the responses of DCs during encounter with cells undergoing immunogenic cell death. ..
- Tacken P, Ginter W, Berod L, Cruz L, Joosten B, Sparwasser T, et al. Targeting DC-SIGN via its neck region leads to prolonged antigen residence in early endosomes, delayed lysosomal degradation, and cross-presentation. Blood. 2011;118:4111-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that anti-neck antibodies trigger a distinct mode of DC-SIGN internalization that shows potential for targeted vaccination strategies. ..
- Galustian C, Park C, Chai W, Kiso M, Bruening S, Kang Y, et al. High and low affinity carbohydrate ligands revealed for murine SIGN-R1 by carbohydrate array and cell binding approaches, and differing specificities for SIGN-R3 and langerin. Int Immunol. 2004;16:853-66 pubmed..But there is a close relationship between dextran recognition and mannose/fucose recognition, with dextran- and mannose-conjugates co-localizing in intracellular compartments. ..
- Cai M, Zhou T, Wang X, Shang M, Zhang Y, Luo M, et al. DC-SIGN expression on podocytes and its role in inflammatory immune response of lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2016;183:317-25 pubmed publisher..However, blockage of DC-SIGN can inhibit immune functions of podocytes, which may have preventive and therapeutic effects. ..
- Lu X, Chen J, Yu C, Shi Y, He Y, Zhang R, et al. LECT2 protects mice against bacterial sepsis by activating macrophages via the CD209a receptor. J Exp Med. 2013;210:5-13 pubmed publisher..LECT2 treatment could alter gene expression and enhance phagocytosis and bacterial killing of M? in vitro. CD209a was identified to specifically interact with LECT2 and mediate LECT2-induced M? activation...
- Manzo C, Torreno Pina J, Joosten B, Reinieren Beeren I, Gualda E, Loza Alvarez P, et al. The neck region of the C-type lectin DC-SIGN regulates its surface spatiotemporal organization and virus-binding capacity on antigen-presenting cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38946-55 pubmed publisher..Insight into how virus receptors are organized prior to virus binding and how they assemble into functional platforms for virus docking is helpful to develop novel strategies to prevent virus entry and infection. ..
- Bogoevska V, Horst A, Klampe B, Lucka L, Wagener C, Nollau P. CEACAM1, an adhesion molecule of human granulocytes, is fucosylated by fucosyltransferase IX and interacts with DC-SIGN of dendritic cells via Lewis x residues. Glycobiology. 2006;16:197-209 pubmed