Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd1d2
Description: CD1d2 antigen
Alias: CD1.2, Cd1b, Ly-38, antigen-presenting glycoprotein CD1d2, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD1d2
- Wang B, Geng Y, Wang C. CD1-restricted NK T cells protect nonobese diabetic mice from developing diabetes. J Exp Med. 2001;194:313-20 pubmed..Our results not only suggest a protective role of CD1-restricted NK T cells in autoimmune diabetes but also reveal a causative link between the deficiency of NK T cells and the induction of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. ..
- Kumar H, Belperron A, Barthold S, Bockenstedt L. Cutting edge: CD1d deficiency impairs murine host defense against the spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi. J Immunol. 2000;165:4797-801 pubmed..These results show that CD1d deficiency impairs host resistance to a spirochete pathogen, and are the first example of a mutation that imparts Bb-resistant mice with the Ab and disease profile of a susceptible mouse strain. ..
- Saubermann L, Beck P, de Jong Y, Pitman R, Ryan M, Kim H, et al. Activation of natural killer T cells by alpha-galactosylceramide in the presence of CD1d provides protection against colitis in mice. Gastroenterology. 2000;119:119-28 pubmed..These results show an important functional role for NK T cells, activated by alpha-GalCer in a CD1d-restricted manner, in regulating intestinal inflammation. ..
- Wei D, Lee H, Park S, Beaudoin L, Teyton L, Lehuen A, et al. Expansion and long-range differentiation of the NKT cell lineage in mice expressing CD1d exclusively on cortical thymocytes. J Exp Med. 2005;202:239-48 pubmed..These surprising findings suggest that, unlike thymic epithelial cells, cortical thymocytes can provide unexpected, cell type-specific signals leading to lineage expansion and NKT cell differentiation. ..
- Exley M, Bigley N, Cheng O, Shaulov A, Tahir S, Carter Q, et al. Innate immune response to encephalomyocarditis virus infection mediated by CD1d. Immunology. 2003;110:519-26 pubmed..We propose that CD1d-reactive T cells respond to early immune signals and function in the innate immune response to a physiological viral infection by rapidly augmenting APC IL-12 production and activating NK cells. ..
- Wang B, Chun T, Wang C. Comparative contribution of CD1 on the development of CD4+ and CD8+ T cell compartments. J Immunol. 2000;164:739-45 pubmed..Our data suggest that, unlike other MHC class I molecules, CD1 does not contribute in a major way to the development of CD8+ T cells...
- Kim P, Pai S, Brigl M, Besra G, Gumperz J, Ho I. GATA-3 regulates the development and function of invariant NKT cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:6650-9 pubmed..In addition, GATA-3 is also required for survival, activation, and effector functions of this unique population of T cells. Our data also reveal a previously unidentified peripheral maturation step that is GATA-3 dependent. ..
- Shi F, Flodstrom M, Balasa B, Kim S, Van Gunst K, Strominger J, et al. Germ line deletion of the CD1 locus exacerbates diabetes in the NOD mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6777-82 pubmed..Thus, CD1d-restricted T cells are critically important for regulation of the spontaneous disease process in NOD mice. ..
- Park S, Guy Grand D, Lemonnier F, Wang C, Bendelac A, Jabri B. Selection and expansion of CD8alpha/alpha(1) T cell receptor alpha/beta(1) intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes in the absence of both classical major histocompatibility complex class I and nonclassical CD1 molecules. J Exp Med. 1999;190:885-90 pubmed
- Chun T, Page M, Gapin L, Matsuda J, Xu H, Nguyen H, et al. CD1d-expressing dendritic cells but not thymic epithelial cells can mediate negative selection of NKT cells. J Exp Med. 2003;197:907-18 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that NKT cells developmentally undergo negative selection when engaged by high-avidity antigen or abundant self-antigen. ..
- D Souza C, Cooper A, Frank A, Ehlers S, Turner J, Bendelac A, et al. A novel nonclassic beta2-microglobulin-restricted mechanism influencing early lymphocyte accumulation and subsequent resistance to tuberculosis in the lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2000;23:188-93 pubmed
- Smiley S, Kaplan M, Grusby M. Immunoglobulin E production in the absence of interleukin-4-secreting CD1-dependent cells. Science. 1997;275:977-9 pubmed..Thus, although dependent on CD1 for their development, IL-4-secreting NK-like T cells are not required for TH2 responses. ..
- Xu H, Chun T, Colmone A, Nguyen H, Wang C. Expression of CD1d under the control of a MHC class Ia promoter skews the development of NKT cells, but not CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:4105-12 pubmed
- Nieuwenhuis E, Matsumoto T, Exley M, Schleipman R, Glickman J, Bailey D, et al. CD1d-dependent macrophage-mediated clearance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from lung. Nat Med. 2002;8:588-93 pubmed..aeruginosa by alveolar macrophages. These results reveal a crucial role played by CD1d-restricted T cells in regulating the antimicrobial immune functions of macrophages at the lung mucosal surface. ..
- Chiu Y, Park S, Benlagha K, Forestier C, Jayawardena Wolf J, Savage P, et al. Multiple defects in antigen presentation and T cell development by mice expressing cytoplasmic tail-truncated CD1d. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:55-60 pubmed
- Behar S, Dascher C, Grusby M, Wang C, Brenner M. Susceptibility of mice deficient in CD1D or TAP1 to infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1973-80 pubmed
- Park S, Weiss A, Benlagha K, Kyin T, Teyton L, Bendelac A. The mouse CD1d-restricted repertoire is dominated by a few autoreactive T cell receptor families. J Exp Med. 2001;193:893-904 pubmed..Altogether, these findings imply that lipid recognition by CD1d-restricted T cells may have largely evolved as an innate rather than an adaptive arm of the mouse immune system. ..
- Benlagha K, Wei D, Veiga J, Teyton L, Bendelac A. Characterization of the early stages of thymic NKT cell development. J Exp Med. 2005;202:485-92 pubmed..1neg CD4 cells. These findings identify the HSAhigh CD4+ stage as a potential branchpoint between NKT and conventional T lineages and between the CD4 and DN NKT sublineages. ..
- Lee Y, Holzapfel K, Zhu J, Jameson S, Hogquist K. Steady-state production of IL-4 modulates immunity in mouse strains and is determined by lineage diversity of iNKT cells. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1146-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, iNKT cell-derived IL-4 altered immunological properties under normal steady-state conditions. ..
- Yue S, Nowak M, Shaulov Kask A, Wang R, Yue D, Balk S, et al. Direct CD1d-mediated stimulation of APC IL-12 production and protective immune response to virus infection in vivo. J Immunol. 2010;184:268-76 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that NKT cells can be bypassed with CD1d-mediated induction of robust Th1 immunity, which may have therapeutic potential both directly and as an adjuvant. ..
- Arrunategui Correa V, Kim H. The role of CD1d in the immune response against Listeria infection. Cell Immunol. 2004;227:109-20 pubmed..Thus, the absence of CD1d resulted in increased susceptibility towards Listeria infection, induced changes in NKT cells, and increased trafficking of alpha4beta1 molecule to inflamed lung. ..
- Sagiv Y, Hudspeth K, Mattner J, Schrantz N, Stern R, Zhou D, et al. Cutting edge: impaired glycosphingolipid trafficking and NKT cell development in mice lacking Niemann-Pick type C1 protein. J Immunol. 2006;177:26-30 pubmed..These findings reveal a blockade of lipid trafficking between endosome and lysosome as a consequence of NPC1 deficiency and suggest a common mechanism for the defects in lipid presentation and development of Valpha14-Jalpha18 NKT cells. ..
- Chen Y, Chiu N, Mandal M, Wang N, Wang C. Impaired NK1+ T cell development and early IL-4 production in CD1-deficient mice. Immunity. 1997;6:459-67 pubmed..The rapid effector cytokine secretion of these T cells suggests that CD1 educates adaptive immune cells to subserve functions of innate immunity. ..
- Park S, Roark J, Bendelac A. Tissue-specific recognition of mouse CD1 molecules. J Immunol. 1998;160:3128-34 pubmed..They suggest that CD1.1 may be naturally associated with a variety of self ligands that overlap only partially in different cell types. ..
- Yang J, Wen X, Kim P, Singh R. Invariant NKT cells inhibit autoreactive B cells in a contact- and CD1d-dependent manner. J Immunol. 2011;186:1512-20 pubmed publisher..Such ability of iNKTs to suppress autoantibody production, without causing global suppression of B cells, has important implications for the development of iNKT-based therapy for autoimmune diseases. ..
- Lang G, Johnson A, Devera T, Joshi S, Lang M. Reduction of CD1d expression in vivo minimally affects NKT-enhanced antibody production but boosts B-cell memory. Int Immunol. 2011;23:251-60 pubmed publisher..This work may impact vaccine design since over-stimulation of NKT cells at the time of vaccination may not lead to optimal B-cell memory. ..
- Shin Y, Hong C, Lee H, Shin J, Hong S, Park S. NKT cell-dependent regulation of secondary antigen-specific, conventional CD4+ T cell immune responses. J Immunol. 2010;184:5589-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that NKT cells are critical for the regulation of Ag-specific, conventional CD4(+) T cells during the secondary phase of an adaptive immune response. ..
- Porubsky S, Speak A, Salio M, Jennemann R, Bonrouhi M, Zafarulla R, et al. Globosides but not isoglobosides can impact the development of invariant NKT cells and their interaction with dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:3007-17 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in ?GalA(-/-) mice, it is the Gb3 storage that is responsible for the decreased iNKT cell numbers and impeded Ag presentation on DCs. ..
- Corr M, Crain B. The role of FcgammaR signaling in the K/B x N serum transfer model of arthritis. J Immunol. 2002;169:6604-9 pubmed
- Wakao H, Kawamoto H, Sakata S, Inoue K, Ogura A, Wakao R, et al. A novel mouse model for invariant NKT cell study. J Immunol. 2007;179:3888-95 pubmed..These mice will be useful for the study on the development of iNKT cells as well as on their functions in the immune system. ..
- Huang E, Liu R, Lu Z, Liu J, Liu X, Zhang D, et al. NKT cells mediate the recruitment of neutrophils by stimulating epithelial chemokine secretion during colitis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;474:252-258 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NKT cells can regulate colitis via the NKT cell-epithelium-neutrophil axis. Targeting this mechanism may help to improve the therapy of UC and prevent colitis-associated colorectal cancer. ..
- Yokote H, Miyake S, Croxford J, Oki S, Mizusawa H, Yamamura T. NKT cell-dependent amelioration of a mouse model of multiple sclerosis by altering gut flora. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1714-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, gut flora may influence the development of EAE in a way that is dependent on iNKT cells, which has significant implications for the prevention and treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Aifantis I, Bassing C, Garbe A, Sawai K, Alt F, von Boehmer H. The E delta enhancer controls the generation of CD4- CD8- alphabetaTCR-expressing T cells that can give rise to different lineages of alphabeta T cells. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1543-50 pubmed..Thus, alphabetaTCR expression by CD4- CD8- thymocytes not only represents a transgenic artifact but occurs under physiological conditions. ..
- Ström A, Wigren M, Hultgårdh Nilsson A, Saxena A, Gomez M, Cardell S, et al. Involvement of the CD1d-natural killer T cell pathway in neointima formation after vascular injury. Circ Res. 2007;101:e83-9 pubmed..The results suggest that presentation of lipid antigens through the CD1d-natural killer T cell pathway modulates vascular repair responses. ..
- Enoksson S, Grasset E, Hägglöf T, Mattsson N, Kaiser Y, Gabrielsson S, et al. The inflammatory cytokine IL-18 induces self-reactive innate antibody responses regulated by natural killer T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E1399-407 pubmed publisher..Thus, NKT cells regulate innate antibody responses initiated by an inflammatory stimulus, suggesting a general mechanism that regulates B-cell behavior in inflammation and autoreactivity. ..
- Ji Y, Sun S, Xu A, Bhargava P, Yang L, Lam K, et al. Activation of natural killer T cells promotes M2 Macrophage polarization in adipose tissue and improves systemic glucose tolerance via interleukin-4 (IL-4)/STAT6 protein signaling axis in obesity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13561-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data identify a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of obesity-associated inflammation and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Sonoda K, Faunce D, Taniguchi M, Exley M, Balk S, Stein Streilein J. NK T cell-derived IL-10 is essential for the differentiation of antigen-specific T regulatory cells in systemic tolerance. J Immunol. 2001;166:42-50 pubmed..Thus, NK T cell-derived IL-10 is critical for the generation of the Ag-specific Tr cells and systemic tolerance induced to eye-inoculated Ags. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Kim S, Chung J, Park W, Chung D. Natural killer T (NKT) cells attenuate bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by producing interferon-gamma. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:1231-41 pubmed..In conclusion, IFN-gamma-producing NKT cells play a novel anti-fibrotic role in pulmonary fibrosis by regulating TGF-beta1 production. ..
- Bedel R, Berry R, Mallevaey T, Matsuda J, Zhang J, Godfrey D, et al. Effective functional maturation of invariant natural killer T cells is constrained by negative selection and T-cell antigen receptor affinity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E119-28 pubmed publisher..These results provide a direct link between the affinity of the TCR expressed by T-cell precursors for self-antigens and the proper development of a unique population of lymphocytes essential to immune responses. ..
- Schumann J, Pittoni P, Tonti E, MacDonald H, Dellabona P, Casorati G. Targeted expression of human CD1d in transgenic mice reveals independent roles for thymocytes and thymic APCs in positive and negative selection of Valpha14i NKT cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:7303-10 pubmed..Taken together, our data reveal that selective CD1d expression by thymocytes is sufficient for positive selection of functional Valpha14i NKT cells and that both thymocytes and APCs may independently mediate negative selection. ..
- Exley M, Bigley N, Cheng O, Tahir S, Smiley S, Carter Q, et al. CD1d-reactive T-cell activation leads to amelioration of disease caused by diabetogenic encephalomyocarditis virus. J Leukoc Biol. 2001;69:713-8 pubmed..A model for how CD1d-reactive T cells can initiate immune responses, which synthesizes current results, is presented. ..
- Benlagha K, Park S, Guinamard R, Forestier C, Karlsson L, Chang C, et al. Mechanisms governing B cell developmental defects in invariant chain-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2004;172:2076-83 pubmed..These findings reveal unexpected consequences of Ii deficiency on the development and organization of B cell follicles. ..
- Im J, Arora P, Bricard G, Molano A, Venkataswamy M, Baine I, et al. Kinetics and cellular site of glycolipid loading control the outcome of natural killer T cell activation. Immunity. 2009;30:888-98 pubmed publisher..These findings help to explain how subtle alterations in glycolipid ligand structure can control the balance of proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory activities of NKT cells. ..
- Ilyinskii P, Wang R, Balk S, Exley M. CD1d mediates T-cell-dependent resistance to secondary infection with encephalomyocarditis virus (EMCV) in vitro and immune response to EMCV infection in vivo. J Virol. 2006;80:7146-58 pubmed..These results point to the existence of a previously unrecognized mechanism of rapid CD1d-dependent stimulation of the antiviral adaptive cellular immune response. ..
- Wermeling F, Lind S, Jordö E, Cardell S, Karlsson M. Invariant NKT cells limit activation of autoreactive CD1d-positive B cells. J Exp Med. 2010;207:943-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, these observations connect two clinical observations in SLE patients previously considered to be unrelated and define a new target for immunotherapy. ..
- Manolova V, Hirabayashi Y, Mori L, De Libero G. CD1a and CD1b surface expression is independent from de novo synthesized glycosphingolipids. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:29-37 pubmed..different levels the de novo and salvage pathways of GSL synthesis does not prevent surface expression of CD1a and CD1b. Furthermore, transfection of CD1A and CD1B genes in a mutant cell line unable to synthesize glucosylceramides and ..
- Wei D, Curran S, Savage P, Teyton L, Bendelac A. Mechanisms imposing the Vbeta bias of Valpha14 natural killer T cells and consequences for microbial glycolipid recognition. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1197-207 pubmed
- Sonoda K, Sakamoto T, Qiao H, Hisatomi T, Oshima T, Tsutsumi Miyahara C, et al. The analysis of systemic tolerance elicited by antigen inoculation into the vitreous cavity: vitreous cavity-associated immune deviation. Immunology. 2005;116:390-9 pubmed..As for the anterior chamber model, systemic tolerance can be induced in the VC in non-inflamed eyes and in the presence of invariant NKT cells. ..
- Chen Y, Wang B, Chun T, Zhao L, Cardell S, Behar S, et al. Expression of CD1d2 on thymocytes is not sufficient for the development of NK T cells in CD1d1-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1999;162:4560-6 pubmed..The murine CD1 locus contains two highly homologous genes, CD1d1 and CD1d2. CD1d1 is essential for the development of a major subset of NK T cells that promptly secrete IL-4 following ..
- Lang G, Devera T, Lang M. Requirement for CD1d expression by B cells to stimulate NKT cell-enhanced antibody production. Blood. 2008;111:2158-62 pubmed..Our data show that the mechanism by which NKT cells enhance humoral immune responses involves interaction with CD1d-expressing B cells. ..
- Zullo A, Benlagha K, Bendelac A, Taparowsky E. Sensitivity of NK1.1-negative NKT cells to transgenic BATF defines a role for activator protein-1 in the expansion and maturation of immature NKT cells in the thymus. J Immunol. 2007;178:58-66 pubmed..This study is the first to characterize AP-1 activity in NKT cells and implicates the integrity of this transcription factor complex in developmental events essential to the establishment of this unique T cell subset in the thymus. ..
- Uldrich A, Patel O, Cameron G, Pellicci D, Day E, Sullivan L, et al. A semi-invariant V?10+ T cell antigen receptor defines a population of natural killer T cells with distinct glycolipid antigen-recognition properties. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:616-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the structural basis and evolution of glycolipid antigen recognition and have notable implications for the scope and immunological role of glycolipid-specific T cell responses. ..
- Dower N, Seldin M, Pugh S, Stone J. Organization and chromosomal locations of Rap1a/Krev sequences in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:162-7 pubmed..Rap1a-rs2 is more distantly related to the gene sequence and is located on Chr 2 near Actc-1. ..
- Hams E, Locksley R, McKenzie A, Fallon P. Cutting edge: IL-25 elicits innate lymphoid type 2 and type II NKT cells that regulate obesity in mice. J Immunol. 2013;191:5349-53 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a mechanism whereby IL-25 eliciting IL-13-producing innate cells regulates inflammation in adipose tissue and prevents diet-induced obesity. ..
- Cripps J, Celaj S, Burdick M, Strieter R, Gorham J. Liver inflammation in a mouse model of Th1 hepatitis despite the absence of invariant NKT cells or the Th1 chemokine receptors CXCR3 and CCR5. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1461-71 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that the cellular and biochemical basis for CD4(+) T-cell-mediated injury in liver can be complex, with myriad pathways potentially involved. ..
- Horowitz J, Rogers D, Simon R, Sisson T, Thannickal V. Plasminogen activation induced pericellular fibronectin proteolysis promotes fibroblast apoptosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:78-87 pubmed..These findings support a novel role for the plasminogen activation system in the regulation of fibroblast apoptosis and a potential role of TGF-beta1/PAI-1 in promoting (myo)fibroblast survival in chronic fibrotic disorders. ..
- Simkins H, Hyde E, Farrand K, Ong M, Degli Esposti M, Hermans I, et al. Administration of alpha-galactosylceramide impairs the survival of dendritic cell subpopulations in vivo. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:753-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, iNKT cells regulate the survival of CD8(+) DCs through a mechanism that does not appear to involve direct cell killing. ..
- Klezovich Bénard M, Corre J, Jusforgues Saklani H, Fiole D, Burjek N, Tournier J, et al. Mechanisms of NK cell-macrophage Bacillus anthracis crosstalk: a balance between stimulation by spores and differential disruption by toxins. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002481 pubmed publisher..This highlights the potential implication of the crosstalk between host innate defences and B. anthracis in initial anthrax control mechanisms...
- Dang Y, Heyborne K. Cutting edge: regulation of uterine NKT cells by a fetal class I molecule other than CD1. J Immunol. 2001;166:3641-4 pubmed..Moreover, the class I/class I-like molecule leading to the uterine NKT cell expansion may be supplied by the fetus. These data demonstrate a novel mechanism whereby the fetus is capable of modulating the maternal immune system. ..
- Zimmer M, Colmone A, Felio K, Xu H, Ma A, Wang C. A cell-type specific CD1d expression program modulates invariant NKT cell development and function. J Immunol. 2006;176:1421-30 pubmed..Interestingly, Lck-CD1d Tg+ mice develop liver pathology in the absence of any exogenous manipulation. The results of these studies suggest that changes to the CD1d expression program modulate iNKT cell development and function. ..
- Nieuwenhuis E, Matsumoto T, Lindenbergh D, Willemsen R, Kaser A, Simons Oosterhuis Y, et al. Cd1d-dependent regulation of bacterial colonization in the intestine of mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1241-50 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a role for Cd1d in regulating intestinal colonization through mechanisms that include the control of Paneth cell function. ..
- Li Z, Oben J, Yang S, Lin H, Stafford E, Soloski M, et al. Norepinephrine regulates hepatic innate immune system in leptin-deficient mice with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Hepatology. 2004;40:434-41 pubmed..In conclusion, low NE activity increases hepatic NKT cell apoptosis and depletes liver NKT cells, promoting proinflammatory polarization of hepatic cytokine production that sensitizes the liver to LPS toxicity. ..
- Oshima T, Sonoda K, Nakao S, Hijioka K, Taniguchi M, Ishibashi T. Protective role for CD1d-reactive invariant natural killer T cells in cauterization-induced corneal inflammation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:105-12 pubmed publisher..However, in this study, they did not affect the corneal revascularization process induced by VEGF. ..
- Devera T, Shah H, Lang G, Lang M. Glycolipid-activated NKT cells support the induction of persistent plasma cell responses and antibody titers. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:1001-11 pubmed publisher..Although NKT cells are capable of inducing persistent plasma cell responses, they may not play a major role in supporting longevity post-induction. ..
- Paget C, Ivanov S, Fontaine J, Blanc F, Pichavant M, Renneson J, et al. Potential role of invariant NKT cells in the control of pulmonary inflammation and CD8+ T cell response during acute influenza A virus H3N2 pneumonia. J Immunol. 2011;186:5590-602 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings point to a role for iNKT cells in the control of pneumonia as well as in the development of the CD8(+) T cell response during the early stage of acute IAV H3N2 infection. ..
- Gozalbo López B, Perez Rosado A, Parra Cuadrado J, Martinez Naves E. Identification of a new mouse Cd1d2 allele. Eur J Immunogenet. 2004;31:1-3 pubmedThe mouse CD1 system is formed by two closely related genes named Cd1d1 and Cd1d2. Cd1d1 encodes a molecule that presents antigens to NKT cells. The function of the Cd1d2 gene has not been elucidated...
- Jones T, Finkelman F, Austen K, Gurish M. T regulatory cells control antigen-induced recruitment of mast cell progenitors to the lungs of C57BL/6 mice. J Immunol. 2010;185:1804-11 pubmed publisher..2% without any reduction in MNC influx. These results reveal an unexpected role for T regulatory cells in promoting the recruitment of MCps to the lungs of C57BL/6 mice with Ag-induced pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Sun R, Gao B. Negative regulation of liver regeneration by innate immunity (natural killer cells/interferon-gamma). Gastroenterology. 2004;127:1525-39 pubmed..Our findings suggest that viral infection and the TLR3 ligand negatively regulate liver regeneration via activation of innate immunity (NK/IFN-gamma), which may play an important role in the pathogenesis of viral hepatitis. ..
- Boyton R. The role of natural killer T cells in lung inflammation. J Pathol. 2008;214:276-82 pubmed
- Braud V, Allan D, McMichael A. Functions of nonclassical MHC and non-MHC-encoded class I molecules. Curr Opin Immunol. 1999;11:100-8 pubmed
- Velazquez P, Wei B, McPherson M, Mendoza L, Nguyen S, Turovskaya O, et al. Villous B cells of the small intestine are specialized for invariant NK T cell dependence. J Immunol. 2008;180:4629-38 pubmed..These findings define a distinct population of conventional B cells in small intestinal villi, and suggest an immunologic link between CD1-restricted invariant NK T cells and this B cell population. ..