Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccne1
Description: cyclin E1
Alias: AW538188, CycE1, G1/S-specific cyclin-E1
- Berthet C, Aleem E, Coppola V, Tessarollo L, Kaldis P. Cdk2 knockout mice are viable. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1775-85 pubmed..Loss of Cdk2 affects the timing of S phase, suggesting that Cdk2 is involved in regulating progression through the mitotic cell cycle. ..
- Tsunematsu R, Nakayama K, Oike Y, Nishiyama M, Ishida N, Hatakeyama S, et al. Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9417-23 pubmed..Expression of Notch1, -2, or -3 or of cyclin E was unaffected in Fbw7(-/-) embryos. Mammalian Fbw7 thus appears to play an indispensable role in negative regulation of the Notch4-Hey1 pathway and is required for vascular development. ..
- Panic L, Tamarut S, Sticker Jantscheff M, Barkic M, Solter D, Uzelac M, et al. Ribosomal protein S6 gene haploinsufficiency is associated with activation of a p53-dependent checkpoint during gastrulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8880-91 pubmed..Thus, a p53-dependent checkpoint is activated during gastrulation in response to ribosome insufficiency to prevent improper execution of the developmental program. ..
- Minella A, Loeb K, Knecht A, Welcker M, Varnum Finney B, Bernstein I, et al. Cyclin E phosphorylation regulates cell proliferation in hematopoietic and epithelial lineages in vivo. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1677-89 pubmed publisher..Overall these data show the critical role of both degrons in regulating cyclin E activity and reveal that complete loss of Fbw7-mediated cyclin E degradation causes spontaneous and cell type-specific proliferative anomalies. ..
- Odajima J, Wills Z, Ndassa Y, Terunuma M, Kretschmannova K, Deeb T, et al. Cyclin E constrains Cdk5 activity to regulate synaptic plasticity and memory formation. Dev Cell. 2011;21:655-68 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a cell cycle-independent role for a core cell cycle protein, cyclin E, in synapse function and memory. ..
- Jiang B, Zhao W, Yuan J, Qian Y, Sun W, Zou Y, et al. Lack of Cul4b, an E3 ubiquitin ligase component, leads to embryonic lethality and abnormal placental development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37070 pubmed publisher..Together, our results showed that CUL4B is indispensable for embryonic development in the mouse. ..
- Liao W, Tsai H, Wang H, Chang J, Lu K, Wu H, et al. Modular patterning of structure and function of the striatum by retinoid receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6765-70 pubmed publisher..RARbeta signaling thus plays a crucial role in setting up striatal compartments that may engage in neural circuits of psychomotor control. ..
- O Brien K, Alberich Jorda M, Yadav N, Kocher O, Diruscio A, Ebralidze A, et al. CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cells. Development. 2010;137:2147-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells. ..
- Pawar S, Laws M, Bagchi I, Bagchi M. Uterine Epithelial Estrogen Receptor-Î± Controls Decidualization via a Paracrine Mechanism. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1362-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively our results provide unique insights into the paracrine mechanisms by which ESR1 directs epithelial-stromal dialogue during pregnancy establishment. ..
- Damjanov I, Shan J, Wang R, Damjanov A, DeLoia J. Molecular cloning and characterization of murine cyclin E. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;201:994-1000 pubmed..In adult tissues, cycE mRNA is detectable in the spleen and to a lesser extent in the testis and brain. These data show that cycE is developmentally regulated and unevenly expressed in fetal and adult mouse tissues. ..
- Chen Q, Hung F, Fromm L, Overbeek P. Induction of cell cycle entry and cell death in postmitotic lens fiber cells by overexpression of E2F1 or E2F2. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:4223-31 pubmed..Expression of either E2F1 or E2F2 can induce postmitotic lens fiber cells to re-enter the cell cycle. Inappropriate cell cycle entry is recognized by p53 in each case, and programmed cell death ensues. ..
- Wu C, Kirley S, Xiao H, Chuang Y, Chung D, Zukerberg L. Cables enhances cdk2 tyrosine 15 phosphorylation by Wee1, inhibits cell growth, and is lost in many human colon and squamous cancers. Cancer Res. 2001;61:7325-32 pubmed..The data provide evidence for a Cables-mediated interplay between cdk2 and Wee1 that leads to inhibition of cell growth. Conversely, loss of Cables may cause uncontrolled cell growth and enhance tumor formation. ..
- Wei J, Shimazu J, Makinistoglu M, Maurizi A, Kajimura D, Zong H, et al. Glucose Uptake and Runx2 Synergize to Orchestrate Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Formation. Cell. 2015;161:1576-1591 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unexpected intricacy between bone and glucose metabolism. ..
- Fuchs S, Herzog D, Sumara G, Büchmann Møller S, Civenni G, Wu X, et al. Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:236-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal distinct mechanisms for growth control of NCSCs from different developmental stages. ..
- Fromm L, Overbeek P. Regulation of cyclin and cyclin-dependent kinase gene expression during lens differentiation requires the retinoblastoma protein. Oncogene. 1996;12:69-75 pubmed..These results indicate that the regulated expression of multiple cell cycle regulatory genes during lens fiber cell differentiation requires the presence of pRb. ..
- Lavado A, Lagutin O, Chow L, Baker S, Oliver G. Prox1 is required for granule cell maturation and intermediate progenitor maintenance during brain neurogenesis. PLoS Biol. 2010;8: pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the ectopic expression of Prox1 induces premature differentiation of neural stem cells. ..
- Ikenishi A, Okayama H, Iwamoto N, Yoshitome S, Tane S, Nakamura K, et al. Cell cycle regulation in mouse heart during embryonic and postnatal stages. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:731-8 pubmed publisher..The data obtained should provide a basis for the analysis of cell cycle regulation in cardiomyocytes during embryonic and postnatal stages. ..
- Sumerel J, Moore J, Schnackenberg B, Nichols J, Canman J, Wessel G, et al. Cyclin E and its associated cdk activity do not cycle during early embryogenesis of the sea Urchin. Dev Biol. 2001;234:425-40 pubmed..In particular, cyclin E-cdk2 levels remain high during both S-phase and mitosis. Our results suggest that progression through the early embryonic cell cycles in the sea urchin does not require fluctuations in cyclin E kinase activity. ..
- Cheasley D, Pereira L, Sampurno S, Sieber O, Jorissen R, Xu H, et al. Defective Myb Function Ablates Cyclin E1 Expression and Perturbs Intestinal Carcinogenesis. Mol Cancer Res. 2015;13:1185-96 pubmed publisher..When hypomorphic mutant Myb mice (Myb(Plt4)) were examined, it was noted that Cyclin E1 (Ccne1) expression was reduced...
- Capecchi M, Pozner A. ASPM regulates symmetric stem cell division by tuning Cyclin E ubiquitination. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8763 pubmed publisher..Thus, we reveal a novel function of ASPM in mediating the tightly coordinated Ubiquitin- Cyclin E- Retinoblastoma- E2F bistable-signalling pathway controlling restriction point progression and stem cell maintenance. ..
- Hwang H, Clurman B. Cyclin E in normal and neoplastic cell cycles. Oncogene. 2005;24:2776-86 pubmed..Moreover, cyclin E deregulation is thought to play a fundamental role in tumorigenesis. In this review, we discuss the regulation and functions of cyclin E in normal and neoplastic mammalian cells. ..
- Martinerie L, Manterola M, Chung S, Panigrahi S, Weisbach M, Vasileva A, et al. Mammalian E-type cyclins control chromosome pairing, telomere stability and CDK2 localization in male meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004165 pubmed publisher..cyclins during spermatogenesis, we characterized their expression patterns and produced additional deletions of Ccne1 and Ccne2 alleles in the germline, revealing unexpected meiotic functions...
- Morice W, Wiederrecht G, Brunn G, Siekierka J, Abraham R. Rapamycin inhibition of interleukin-2-dependent p33cdk2 and p34cdc2 kinase activation in T lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22737-45 pubmed..The inhibitory effects of RAP on the activation of cyclin E- and cyclin A-associated cyclin-dependent kinases suggest that one or both events participate in the regulation of T cell entry into S-phase. ..
- Cheng S, Hsia C, Leone G, Liou H. Cyclin E and Bcl-xL cooperatively induce cell cycle progression in c-Rel-/- B cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:8472-86 pubmed
- Hirai H, Roussel M, Kato J, Ashmun R, Sherr C. Novel INK4 proteins, p19 and p18, are specific inhibitors of the cyclin D-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2672-81 pubmed..However, introduction of a vector encoding p19 into mouse NIH 3T3 cells leads to constitutive p19 synthesis, inhibits cyclin D1-CDK4 activity in vivo, and induces G1 phase arrest. ..
- Jaradat S, Ko M, Grossman L. Tissue-specific expression and mapping of the Cox7ah gene in mouse. Genomics. 1998;49:363-70 pubmed..1. As a result, all three COX heart isoform genes in mouse group to chromosome 7. Interestingly, mapping of the mouse Cox7al to chromosome 9 suggests a new syntenic region between the mouse and the human genomes. ..
- Gergics P, Brinkmeier M, Camper S. Lhx4 deficiency: increased cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor expression and pituitary hypoplasia. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:597-612 pubmed publisher..We show evidence for indirect and direct effects of LHX4 on p21 expression in Î±T3-1 pituitary cells. In summary, Lhx4 is necessary for efficient pituitary progenitor cell proliferation and restriction of p21 expression. ..
- Geng Y, Whoriskey W, Park M, Bronson R, Medema R, Li T, et al. Rescue of cyclin D1 deficiency by knockin cyclin E. Cell. 1999;97:767-77 pubmed..Thus, cyclin E can functionally replace cyclin D1. Our analyses suggest that cyclin E is the major downstream target of cyclin D1. ..
- Loeb D, Korz D, Katsnelson M, Burwell E, Friedman A, Sukumar S. Cyclin E is a target of WT1 transcriptional repression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19627-32 pubmed..In intact cells, induction of WT1 expression down-regulates cyclin E protein levels. These results provide the first demonstration that WT1 can directly modulate the expression of a gene involved in cell cycle progression. ..
- Hurlin P, Zhou Z, Toyo oka K, Ota S, Walker W, Hirotsune S, et al. Deletion of Mnt leads to disrupted cell cycle control and tumorigenesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:4584-96 pubmed..These results demonstrate a unique negative regulatory role for Mnt in governing key Myc functions associated with cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Lee H, Nam K, Park S, Kwon B. 4-1BB enhances CD8+ T cell expansion by regulating cell cycle progression through changes in expression of cyclins D and E and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27kip1. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:2133-41 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for cyclin D2, D3, and E, and p27(kip1) proteins in the 4-1BB-mediated cell cycle progression of CD8(+) T cells in vivo. ..
- Bochkis I, Schug J, Ye D, Kurinna S, Stratton S, Barton M, et al. Genome-wide location analysis reveals distinct transcriptional circuitry by paralogous regulators Foxa1 and Foxa2. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002770 pubmed publisher..Thus, Foxa1 and Foxa2, while redundant during development, have evolved divergent roles in the adult liver, ensuring the maintenance of both genes during evolution. ..
- Zhou X, Anderson K. Development of head organizer of the mouse embryo depends on a high level of mitochondrial metabolism. Dev Biol. 2010;344:185-95 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a requirement for high levels of ATP for early forebrain patterning may contribute to certain human microcephaly syndromes...
- Xie R, Medina R, Zhang Y, Hussain S, Colby J, Ghule P, et al. The histone gene activator HINFP is a nonredundant cyclin E/CDK2 effector during early embryonic cell cycles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12359-64 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the CDK2/cyclin E/p220(NPAT)/HINFP/histone gene signaling pathway at the G1/S phase transition is an essential, nonredundant cell cycle regulatory mechanism that is established early in embryogenesis. ..
- Rutter M, Wang J, Huang Z, Kuliszewski M, Post M. Gli2 influences proliferation in the developing lung through regulation of cyclin expression. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:615-25 pubmed publisher..However, no change in the levels of cyclins D1, D2, or E1 due to altered Gli3 was observed. These findings suggest that Gli2 and not Gli3 is the primary mediator of Shh signaling influencing fetal lung growth through cyclin regulation. ..
- Monahan P, Himes A, Parfieniuk A, Raetzman L. p21, an important mediator of quiescence during pituitary tumor formation, is dispensable for normal pituitary development during embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 2012;128:640-52 pubmed publisher..However, p21 mutant pituitaries have significantly less mRNA of Myc and the cyclins Ccnb1, Ccnd1, Ccnd2 and Ccne1 than wildtype pituitaries...
- Akli S, Van Pelt C, Bui T, Multani A, Chang S, Johnson D, et al. Overexpression of the low molecular weight cyclin E in transgenic mice induces metastatic mammary carcinomas through the disruption of the ARF-p53 pathway. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7212-22 pubmed..Therefore, LMW cyclin E overexpression strongly selects for spontaneous inactivation of the ARF-p53 pathway in vivo, canceling its protective checkpoint function and accelerating progression to malignancy. ..
- Wang X, Chan K, Ming X, Lui V, Poon R, Lo C, et al. G1 checkpoint establishment in vivo during embryonic liver development. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:23 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to demonstrate the establishment of the DNA damage-mediated G1 cell cycle checkpoint in liver cells during embryogenesis and its in vivo biological effects during embryonic liver development. ..
- Liu H, Barr S, Chu C, Kohtz D, Kinoshita Y, Johnson E. Functional interaction of Puralpha with the Cdk2 moiety of cyclin A/Cdk2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:851-7 pubmed..Pur family member Purgamma colocalizes with Cdk2 to a specific DNA segment in this region. ..
- Woo M, Hakem R, Furlonger C, Hakem A, Duncan G, Sasaki T, et al. Caspase-3 regulates cell cycle in B cells: a consequence of substrate specificity. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:1016-22 pubmed..Our genetic and biochemical data demonstrate that caspase-3 is essential in the regulation of B cell homeostasis. ..
- Chen Q, Ash J, Branton P, Fromm L, Overbeek P. Inhibition of crystallin expression and induction of apoptosis by lens-specific E1A expression in transgenic mice. Oncogene. 2002;21:1028-37 pubmed
- Kozar K, Ciemerych M, Rebel V, Shigematsu H, Zagozdzon A, Sicinska E, et al. Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclins. Cell. 2004;118:477-91 pubmed..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion. ..
- Hu W, Nevzorova Y, Haas U, Moro N, Sicinski P, Geng Y, et al. Concurrent deletion of cyclin E1 and cyclin-dependent kinase 2 in hepatocytes inhibits DNA replication and liver regeneration in mice. Hepatology. 2014;59:651-60 pubmed publisher..of primed hepatocytes is regulated by complexes of cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) with E-type cyclins (CcnE1 or CcnE2). However, single genetic ablation of either E-cyclin or Cdk2 does not affect overall liver regeneration...
- Cecchini M, Thwaites M, Talluri S, MacDonald J, Passos D, Chong J, et al. A retinoblastoma allele that is mutated at its common E2F interaction site inhibits cell proliferation in gene-targeted mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2029-45 pubmed publisher..This suggests that non-E2F-, pRB-dependent pathways may have a more relevant role in proliferative control than previously identified. ..
- Falk S, Wurdak H, Ittner L, Ille F, Sumara G, Schmid M, et al. Brain area-specific effect of TGF-beta signaling on Wnt-dependent neural stem cell expansion. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;2:472-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF-beta signaling controls the size of a specific brain area, the dorsal midbrain, by antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling and negatively regulating self-renewal of neuroepithelial stem cells. ..
- Mullany L, Nelsen C, Hanse E, Goggin M, Anttila C, Peterson M, et al. Akt-mediated liver growth promotes induction of cyclin E through a novel translational mechanism and a p21-mediated cell cycle arrest. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21244-52 pubmed..Furthermore, p21 suppresses proliferation in the overgrown livers and may play a role in preventing cell cycle progression in response to organ size homeostatic mechanisms. ..
- Perucho L, Artero Castro A, Guerrero S, Ramon Y Cajal S, Lleonart M, Wang Z. RPLP1, a crucial ribosomal protein for embryonic development of the nervous system. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99956 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we demonstrated that the translation "fine-tuning" exerted by Rplp1 is essential for embryonic and brain development and for proper cell proliferation. ..
- Toyo oka K, Hirotsune S, Gambello M, Zhou Z, Olson L, Rosenfeld M, et al. Loss of the Max-interacting protein Mnt in mice results in decreased viability, defective embryonic growth and craniofacial defects: relevance to Miller-Dieker syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:1057-67 pubmed..These results demonstrate an important role for Mnt in embryonic development and survival, and suggest that Mnt may play a role in the craniofacial defects displayed by MDS patients. ..
- Burton R. Relationships among fat mass, fat-free mass and height in adults: A new method of statistical analysis applied to NHANES data. Am J Hum Biol. 2017;29: pubmed publisher..A more accurate way of quantifying mean BMI0 and the dependence of FFM on FM is established that may be easily applied to new and existing population data. ..
- Ikeda Y, Matsunaga Y, Takiguchi M, Ikeda M. Expression of cyclin E in postmitotic neurons during development and in the adult mouse brain. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:64-71 pubmed publisher..Our report presents the first detailed analysis of cyclin E expression in postmitotic neurons during development and in the adult mouse brain. ..
- Botrugno O, Fayard E, Annicotte J, Haby C, Brennan T, Wendling O, et al. Synergy between LRH-1 and beta-catenin induces G1 cyclin-mediated cell proliferation. Mol Cell. 2004;15:499-509 pubmed..The implication of LRH-1 in cell proliferation highlights an unanticipated crosstalk between LRH-1 and the beta-catenin/Tcf4 signaling pathway, which is relevant for the renewal of intestinal crypt cells. ..
- Davis H, Lewis A, Spencer Dene B, Tateossian H, Stamp G, Behrens A, et al. FBXW7 mutations typically found in human cancers are distinct from null alleles and disrupt lung development. J Pathol. 2011;224:180-9 pubmed publisher..Fbxw7(R482Q) alleles are not functionally equivalent to heterozygous or homozygous null alleles, and we propose that they are selected in tumourigenesis because they cause a selective or partial loss of FBXW7 function. ..
- Komada M, Iguchi T, Takeda T, Ishibashi M, Sato M. Smoothened controls cyclin D2 expression and regulates the generation of intermediate progenitors in the developing cortex. Neurosci Lett. 2013;547:87-91 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Smoothened signaling, acting through cyclin D2, is critical for the proper development and maturation of the neocortex. ..
- Gerhardt C, Lier J, Kuschel S, Ruther U. The ciliary protein Ftm is required for ventricular wall and septal development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57545 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests ciliopathy as a cause of VSDs. ..
- Toyoshima H, Hunter T. p27, a novel inhibitor of G1 cyclin-Cdk protein kinase activity, is related to p21. Cell. 1994;78:67-74 pubmed..p27 is identical to p27Kip1, a cyclin-Cdk inhibitor present in TGF beta-treated cells. p27 has the hallmarks of a negative regulator of G1 progression and may mediate TGF beta-induced G1 arrest. ..
- Zhang D, Wang Y, Lu P, Wang P, Yuan X, Yan J, et al. REST regulates the cell cycle for cardiac development and regeneration. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1979 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a REST-p21 regulatory axis as a mechanism for cell cycle progression in cardiomyocytes, which might be exploited therapeutically to enhance cardiac regeneration. ..
- Elbediwy A, Vincent Mistiaen Z, Spencer Dene B, Stone R, Boeing S, Wculek S, et al. Integrin signalling regulates YAP and TAZ to control skin homeostasis. Development. 2016;143:1674-87 pubmed publisher..When columnar epithelial tumours lose their apical domain and become invasive, YAP/TAZ becomes nuclear and tumour growth becomes sensitive to the Src inhibitor Dasatinib...
- Lykke Andersen K, Schaefer L, Menon S, Deng X, Miller J, Wei N. Disruption of the COP9 signalosome Csn2 subunit in mice causes deficient cell proliferation, accumulation of p53 and cyclin E, and early embryonic death. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6790-7 pubmed..Furthermore, Csn2(-/-) embryos contained elevated levels of p53 and p21, which may contribute to premature cell cycle arrest of the mutant. ..
- Roussel Gervais A, Bilodeau S, Vallette S, Berthelet F, Lacroix A, Figarella Branger D, et al. Cooperation between cyclin E and p27(Kip1) in pituitary tumorigenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1835-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cyclin E up-regulation and p27(Kip1) loss-of-function act cooperatively on pituitary adenoma development. ..
- Suzuki A, de la Pompa J, Hakem R, Elia A, Yoshida R, Mo R, et al. Brca2 is required for embryonic cellular proliferation in the mouse. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1242-52 pubmed..The similarity in phenotype between Brca1 and Brca2 mutants suggests that these genes may have cooperative roles or convergent functions during embryogenesis. ..
- Spruck C, Strohmaier H, Watson M, Smith A, Ryan A, Krek T, et al. A CDK-independent function of mammalian Cks1: targeting of SCF(Skp2) to the CDK inhibitor p27Kip1. Mol Cell. 2001;7:639-50 pubmed..CKS1-/- mice are abnormally small, and cells derived from them proliferate poorly, particularly under limiting mitogen conditions, possibly due to elevated levels of p27Kip1. ..
- Liu L, Michowski W, Inuzuka H, Shimizu K, Nihira N, Chick J, et al. G1 cyclins link proliferation, pluripotency and differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:177-188 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CDK inhibition might represent an attractive therapeutic strategy by targeting glioblastoma tumour-initiating cells, which depend on Sox2 to maintain their tumorigenic potential. ..
- Fajas L, Annicotte J, Miard S, Sarruf D, Watanabe M, Auwerx J. Impaired pancreatic growth, beta cell mass, and beta cell function in E2F1 (-/- )mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:1288-95 pubmed..These data demonstrate that factors controlling cell proliferation, such as E2F1, determine pancreatic growth and function, subsequently affecting metabolic homeostasis. ..
- Kumar P P, Emechebe U, Smith R, Franklin S, Moore B, Yandell M, et al. Coordinated control of senescence by lncRNA and a novel T-box3 co-repressor complex. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Our elucidation of CAPER? and UCA1 functions in vivo provides new insights into senescence induction, and the oncogenic and developmental properties of TBX3. ..
- Kosaka Y, Cieslik K, Li L, Lezin G, Maguire C, Saijoh Y, et al. 14-3-3? plays a role in cardiac ventricular compaction by regulating the cardiomyocyte cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:5089-102 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with the long-held view that human LVNC may result from compaction arrest, and they implicate 14-3-3? as a new candidate gene in congenital human cardiomyopathies. ..
- Hui S, Choi J, Zaidi S, Momen A, Steinbach S, Sadi A, et al. Peptide-mediated disruption of calmodulin-cyclin E interactions inhibits proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and neointima formation. Circ Res. 2011;108:1053-62 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this effect appears to be cyclin E-dependent and may form the basis of a potentially novel therapeutic approach for restenosis. ..
- Odajima J, Saini S, Jung P, Ndassa Colday Y, Ficaro S, Geng Y, et al. Proteomic Landscape of Tissue-Specific Cyclin E Functions in Vivo. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006429 pubmed publisher..This approach can be used to study how protein interactome changes during development or in any pathological state such as aging or cancer. ..
- Milewski D, Pradhan A, Wang X, Cai Y, Le T, Turpin B, et al. FoxF1 and FoxF2 transcription factors synergistically promote rhabdomyosarcoma carcinogenesis by repressing transcription of p21Cip1 CDK inhibitor. Oncogene. 2017;36:850-862 pubmed publisher..Because of the robust oncogenic activity in RMS tumors, FoxF1 and FoxF2 may represent promising targets for anti-tumor therapy. ..
- Mirando A, Maruyama T, Fu J, Yu H, Hsu W. ?-catenin/cyclin D1 mediated development of suture mesenchyme in calvarial morphogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:116 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our knowledge base of Wnt signaling in calvarial morphogenesis, suggesting a key regulatory pathway of Axin2/?-catenin/cyclin D1 in development of the suture mesenchyme. ..
- Karsunky H, Geisen C, Schmidt T, Haas K, Zevnik B, Gau E, et al. Oncogenic potential of cyclin E in T-cell lymphomagenesis in transgenic mice: evidence for cooperation between cyclin E and Ras but not Myc. Oncogene. 1999;18:7816-24 pubmed..This would be consistent with our previous finding that cyclin E and Ha-Ras cooperate in focus formation assays in rat embryo fibroblasts. ..
- Chan J, Balasubramanian S, Witt R, Nazemi K, Choi Y, Pazyra Murphy M, et al. Proteoglycan interactions with Sonic Hedgehog specify mitogenic responses. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:409-17 pubmed publisher..Because activation of the Shh pathway is a feature of diverse human cancers, selective stimulation of proliferation by Shh-proteoglycan interactions may also figure prominently in neoplastic growth. ..
- Tarapore P, Okuda M, Fukasawa K. A mammalian in vitro centriole duplication system: evidence for involvement of CDK2/cyclin E and nucleophosmin/B23 in centrosome duplication. Cell Cycle. 2002;1:75-81 pubmed
- Domashenko A, Latham K, Hatton K. Expression of myc-family, myc-interacting, and myc-target genes during preimplantation mouse development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:57-65 pubmed
- Rousselet E, Marcinkiewicz J, Kriz J, Zhou A, Hatten M, Prat A, et al. PCSK9 reduces the protein levels of the LDL receptor in mouse brain during development and after ischemic stroke. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1383-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCSK9 downregulates LDLR levels during brain development and following transient ischemic stroke in adult mice. ..
- Sicinska E, Lee Y, Gits J, Shigematsu H, Yu Q, Rebel V, et al. Essential role for cyclin D3 in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-driven expansion of neutrophil granulocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8052-60 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that cyclin D3 is an essential cell cycle recipient of G-CSF signaling, and they provide a molecular link of how G-CSF-dependent signaling triggers cell proliferation. ..
- Tu H, Schwitalla S, Qian Z, LaPier G, Yermalovich A, Ku Y, et al. LIN28 cooperates with WNT signaling to drive invasive intestinal and colorectal adenocarcinoma in mice and humans. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1074-86 pubmed publisher..Our late-stage CRC murine models and analysis of primary human tumors demonstrate prominent roles for both LIN28 paralogs in promoting CRC growth and progression and implicate the LIN28/let-7 pathway as a therapeutic target. ..
- Wheeler L, Lents N, Baldassare J. Cyclin A-CDK activity during G1 phase impairs MCM chromatin loading and inhibits DNA synthesis in mammalian cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2179-88 pubmed
- Wei W, Zhang W, Bai J, Zhang H, Zhao Y, Li X, et al. The NF-ÎºB-modulated microRNAs miR-195 and miR-497 inhibit myoblast proliferation by targeting Igf1r, Insr and cyclin genes. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:39-50 pubmed publisher..Further investigation revealed that Igf1r, Insr, Ccnd2 and Ccne1 were directly targeted by miR-195 and miR-497 in myoblasts...
- Wells J, Boyd K, Fry C, Bartley S, Farnham P. Target gene specificity of E2F and pocket protein family members in living cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5797-807 pubmed
- Jaime M, Pujol M, Serratosa J, Pantoja C, Canela N, Casanovas O, et al. The p21(Cip1) protein, a cyclin inhibitor, regulates the levels and the intracellular localization of CDC25A in mice regenerating livers. Hepatology. 2002;35:1063-71 pubmed..In conclusion, premature translocation of CDC25A to the nucleus might be involved in the advanced induction of cyclin E/CDK2 activity and DNA replication in cells from animals lacking p21(Cip1). ..
- Hakem R, de la Pompa J, Sirard C, Mo R, Woo M, Hakem A, et al. The tumor suppressor gene Brca1 is required for embryonic cellular proliferation in the mouse. Cell. 1996;85:1009-23 pubmed..Thus, the death of Brca1(5-6) mutant embryos prior to gastrulation may be due to a failure of the proliferative burst required for the development of the different germ layers. ..
- Perez Millan M, Brinkmeier M, Mortensen A, Camper S. PROP1 triggers epithelial-mesenchymal transition-like process in pituitary stem cells. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Zeb2 activation appears to be a key step in the EMT process. Our findings identify PROP1 as a central transcriptional component of pituitary stem cell differentiation. ..
- Kalaszczynska I, Geng Y, Iino T, Mizuno S, Choi Y, Kondratiuk I, et al. Cyclin A is redundant in fibroblasts but essential in hematopoietic and embryonic stem cells. Cell. 2009;138:352-65 pubmed publisher..Expression of cyclin A is particularly high in these compartments, which might render stem cells dependent on cyclin A, whereas in fibroblasts cyclins A and E play redundant roles in cell proliferation. ..
- Peters L, Ciciotte S, Su G, Simon M. The gene encoding the transcription factor Spi-B maps to mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:452-3 pubmed
- Miranda Carboni G, Krum S, Yee K, Nava M, Deng Q, Pervin S, et al. A functional link between Wnt signaling and SKP2-independent p27 turnover in mammary tumors. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3121-34 pubmed publisher..CUL4A and CUL4B are therefore components of a conserved Wnt-induced proteasome targeting (WIPT) complex that regulates p27(KIP1) levels and cell cycle progression in mammalian cells. ..
- Ieda M, Tsuchihashi T, Ivey K, Ross R, Hong T, Shaw R, et al. Cardiac fibroblasts regulate myocardial proliferation through beta1 integrin signaling. Dev Cell. 2009;16:233-44 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized paracrine function of embryonic cardiac fibroblasts in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation. ..
- Bicknell K, Coxon C, Brooks G. Can the cardiomyocyte cell cycle be reprogrammed?. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;42:706-21 pubmed..The validity of therapeutic strategies that aim to reinstate the proliferative potential of cardiomyocytes to improve myocardial repair following injury will be discussed. ..