Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccnd3
Description: cyclin D3
Alias: 9230106B05Rik, AA682053, AL024085, AW146355, C78795, G1/S-specific cyclin-D3
- Cato M, Chintalapati S, Yau I, Omori S, Rickert R. Cyclin D3 is selectively required for proliferative expansion of germinal center B cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:127-37 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that cyclin D3 is uniquely required for germinal center progression. Ccnd3(-/-) mice exhibit a B-cell-intrinsic defect in germinal center maturation and fail to generate an affinity-matured ..
- Choi Y, Li X, Hydbring P, Sanda T, Stefano J, Christie A, et al. The requirement for cyclin D function in tumor maintenance. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:438-51 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of cyclin D-kinase activity represents a highly-selective anticancer strategy that specifically targets cancer cells without significantly affecting normal tissues. ..
- Powers S, Mandal M, Matsuda S, Miletic A, Cato M, Tanaka A, et al. Subnuclear cyclin D3 compartments and the coordinated regulation of proliferation and immunoglobulin variable gene repression. J Exp Med. 2012;209:2199-213 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that subnuclear compartmentalization enables cyclin D3 to drive cell cycle progression and repress V gene accessibility, thereby ensuring coordination of proliferation with immunoglobulin recombination. ..
- Salisbury E, Sakai K, Schoser B, Huichalaf C, Schneider Gold C, Nguyen H, et al. Ectopic expression of cyclin D3 corrects differentiation of DM1 myoblasts through activation of RNA CUG-binding protein, CUGBP1. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2266-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, normalization of cyclin D3 might be a therapeutic approach to correct differentiation of skeletal muscle in DM1 patients. ..
- Johnson K, Hashimshony T, Sawai C, Pongubala J, Skok J, Aifantis I, et al. Regulation of immunoglobulin light-chain recombination by the transcription factor IRF-4 and the attenuation of interleukin-7 signaling. Immunity. 2008;28:335-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that IRF-4 coordinates the two pathways regulating light-chain recombination by positioning pre-B cells away from IL-7-expressing stromal cells. ..
- Gurung R, Parnaik V. Cyclin D3 promotes myogenic differentiation and Pax7 transcription. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:209-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that cyclin D3 primes myoblasts for differentiation by enhancing muscle specific gene expression and cell cycle exit. ..
- Inaba T, Matsushime H, Valentine M, Roussel M, Sherr C, Look A. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and independent expression of human cyclin D genes. Genomics. 1992;13:565-74 pubmed..symbol, CCND1) was assigned to chromosome band 11q13, cyclin D2 (CCND2) to chromosome band 12p13, and cyclin D3 (CCND3) to chromosome band 6p21...
- Sankaran V, Ludwig L, Sicinska E, Xu J, Bauer D, Eng J, et al. Cyclin D3 coordinates the cell cycle during differentiation to regulate erythrocyte size and number. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2075-87 pubmed publisher..We show that this variant affects an erythroid-specific enhancer of CCND3. A Ccnd3 knockout mouse phenocopies these erythroid phenotypes, with a dramatic increase in erythrocyte size and a ..
- Ciemerych M, Kenney A, Sicinska E, Kalaszczynska I, Bronson R, Rowitch D, et al. Development of mice expressing a single D-type cyclin. Genes Dev. 2002;16:3277-89 pubmed..Hence, the requirement for a particular cyclin in a given tissue is likely caused by specific transcription factors, rather than by unique properties of cyclins. ..
- Bienvenu F, Jirawatnotai S, Elias J, Meyer C, Mizeracka K, Marson A, et al. Transcriptional role of cyclin D1 in development revealed by a genetic-proteomic screen. Nature. 2010;463:374-8 pubmed publisher..Our approach, which we term 'genetic-proteomic', can be used to study the in vivo function of essentially any protein. ..
- Lahti J, Li H, Kidd V. Elimination of cyclin D1 in vertebrate cells leads to an altered cell cycle phenotype, which is rescued by overexpression of murine cyclins D1, D2, or D3 but not by a mutant cyclin D1. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10859-69 pubmed..Thus, there may be distinct differences in cyclin D1 complexes and/or its target(s) in proliferating and apoptotic DT40 lymphoma B-cells. ..
- Sawai C, Freund J, Oh P, Ndiaye Lobry D, Bretz J, Strikoudis A, et al. Therapeutic targeting of the cyclin D3:CDK4/6 complex in T cell leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:452-65 pubmed publisher..combined deletion of p27(Kip1) and retinoblastoma tumor suppressor (Rb) is sufficient to rescue the development of Ccnd3(-/-) thymocytes...
- Kozar K, Ciemerych M, Rebel V, Shigematsu H, Zagozdzon A, Sicinska E, et al. Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclins. Cell. 2004;118:477-91 pubmed..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion. ..
- Sicinska E, Lee Y, Gits J, Shigematsu H, Yu Q, Rebel V, et al. Essential role for cyclin D3 in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-driven expansion of neutrophil granulocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8052-60 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that cyclin D3 is an essential cell cycle recipient of G-CSF signaling, and they provide a molecular link of how G-CSF-dependent signaling triggers cell proliferation. ..
- Mariappan I, Gurung R, Thanumalayan S, Parnaik V. Identification of cyclin D3 as a new interaction partner of lamin A/C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:981-5 pubmed..The identification of cyclin D3 as a novel binding partner of lamin A/C has important implications for a role for lamin A/C in muscle differentiation. ..
- Choi Y, Saez B, Anders L, Hydbring P, Stefano J, Bacon N, et al. D-cyclins repress apoptosis in hematopoietic cells by controlling death receptor Fas and its ligand FasL. Dev Cell. 2014;30:255-67 pubmed publisher..Acute ablation of D-cyclins upregulated these proapoptotic genes and led to Fas- and caspase 8-dependent apoptosis. These results reveal an unexpected function of cell-cycle proteins in controlling apoptosis in normal cell homeostasis. ..
- Stiles B, Kuralwalla Martinez C, Guo W, Gregorian C, Wang Y, Tian J, et al. Selective deletion of Pten in pancreatic beta cells leads to increased islet mass and resistance to STZ-induced diabetes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2772-81 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that PTEN loss in beta cells is not tumorigenic but beneficial. This suggests that modulating the PTEN-controlled signaling pathway is a potential approach for beta-cell protection and regeneration therapies. ..
- Mangale S, Modi D, Reddy K. Identification of genes regulated by an interaction between alphavbeta3 integrin and vitronectin in murine decidua. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2008;20:311-9 pubmed..Signalling through alpha(v)beta(3) seems to be important to maintain a balance between cell proliferation and apoptosis, along with the modulation of inflammatory responses of decidual cells. ..
- Mataraza J, Tumang J, Gumina M, Gurdak S, Rothstein T, Chiles T. Disruption of cyclin D3 blocks proliferation of normal B-1a cells, but loss of cyclin D3 is compensated by cyclin D2 in cyclin D3-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:787-95 pubmed
- Zhang K, Xiang M, Zhou L, Liu J, Curry N, Heine SuÃ±er D, et al. Gene network and familial analyses uncover a gene network involving Tbx5/Osr1/Pcsk6 interaction in the second heart field for atrial septation. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1140-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study implicated a gene network involving Tbx5, Osr1 and Pcsk6 interaction in SHF for atrial septation, providing a molecular framework for understanding the role of Tbx5 in CHD ontogeny. ..
- Mirando A, Maruyama T, Fu J, Yu H, Hsu W. ?-catenin/cyclin D1 mediated development of suture mesenchyme in calvarial morphogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:116 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our knowledge base of Wnt signaling in calvarial morphogenesis, suggesting a key regulatory pathway of Axin2/?-catenin/cyclin D1 in development of the suture mesenchyme. ..
- Soonpaa M, Kim K, Pajak L, Franklin M, Field L. Cardiomyocyte DNA synthesis and binucleation during murine development. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:H2183-9 pubmed..Northern and Western blot analyses identified several candidate genes that were differentially expressed during the reduplicative and binucleation phases of cardiomyocyte growth. ..
- Geum D, Sun W, Paik S, Lee C, Kim K. Estrogen-induced cyclin D1 and D3 gene expressions during mouse uterine cell proliferation in vivo: differential induction mechanism of cyclin D1 and D3. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;46:450-8 pubmed..However, the superinducibility and temporal shift of cyclin D3 by CHX suggest that there is a different regulatory mechanism underlying cyclin D1 and D3 gene expressions in the mouse uterine cell cycle progression. ..
- Zeisberg E, Ma Q, Juraszek A, Moses K, Schwartz R, Izumo S, et al. Morphogenesis of the right ventricle requires myocardial expression of Gata4. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1522-31 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a general role of myocardial Gata4 in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation and a specific, stage-dependent role in regulating the morphogenesis of the RV and the atrioventricular canal. ..
- Konishi M, Asaki T, Koike N, Miwa H, Miyake A, Itoh N. Role of Fgf10 in cell proliferation in white adipose tissue. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;249:71-7 pubmed..In contrast, expression but not phosphorylation of pRb was impaired in the Fgf10(-/-) WAT. As pRb is essential for adipogenesis, Fgf10 might play a role in adipogenesis by inducing its expression. ..
- El Wakil A, Francius C, Wolff A, Pleau Varet J, Nardelli J. The GATA2 transcription factor negatively regulates the proliferation of neuronal progenitors. Development. 2006;133:2155-65 pubmed..Hence, our data have provided evidence for the ability of Gata2 to inhibit the proliferation of neural progenitors, and they further suggest that, in this regard, Gata2 can operate independently of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Chen Q, Lin J, Jinno S, Okayama H. Overexpression of Cdk6-cyclin D3 highly sensitizes cells to physical and chemical transformation. Oncogene. 2003;22:992-1001 pubmed
- Landis M, Brown N, Baker G, Shifrin A, Das M, Geng Y, et al. The LxCxE pRb interaction domain of cyclin D1 is dispensable for murine development. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7613-20 pubmed
- Hansen G, Skapura D, Justice M. Genetic profile of insertion mutations in mouse leukemias and lymphomas. Genome Res. 2000;10:237-43 pubmed
- Han J, Ito Y, Yeo J, Sucov H, Maas R, Chai Y. Cranial neural crest-derived mesenchymal proliferation is regulated by Msx1-mediated p19(INK4d) expression during odontogenesis. Dev Biol. 2003;261:183-96 pubmed..Genetic mutation of Msx1 may alternatively instruct the fate of these progenitor cells during craniofacial development. ..
- Garcia Gras E, Chi P, Thompson E. Glucocorticoid-mediated destabilization of cyclin D3 mRNA involves RNA-protein interactions in the 3'-untranslated region of the mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22001-8 pubmedGlucocorticoids regulate the expression of the G(1) progression factor, cyclin D3. Cyclin D3 messenger RNA (CcnD3 mRNA) stability decreases rapidly when murine T lymphoma cells are treated with the synthetic glucocorticoid dexamethasone...
- Sel S, Münzenberg C, Nass N, Kalinski T, Datan M, Auffarth G, et al. The transcription factor Foxk1 is expressed in developing and adult mouse neuroretina. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:280-6 pubmed publisher..The expression pattern during development suggests that Foxk1 may have an important role in retinal cells. ..
- Thompson B, Bhansali R, Diebold L, Cook D, Stolzenburg L, Casagrande A, et al. DYRK1A controls the transition from proliferation to quiescence during lymphoid development by destabilizing Cyclin D3. J Exp Med. 2015;212:953-70 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a previously unknown role for DYRK1A in lymphopoiesis, and demonstrate how Cyclin D3 protein stability is negatively regulated during exit from the proliferative phases of B and T cell development. ..
- Jun D, Kang H, Seu J, Kim Y. Isolation and characterization of a processed pseudogene for murine cyclin D3. Mol Cells. 1997;7:278-83 pubmed..It is thus estimated that the cyclin D3 pseudogene arose approximately 11 million years (Myr) ago. These data provide the first characterization of murine cyclin D3 pseudogene and insight into its evolutionary age. ..
- Tsunekawa Y, Britto J, Takahashi M, Polleux F, Tan S, Osumi N. Cyclin D2 in the basal process of neural progenitors is linked to non-equivalent cell fates. EMBO J. 2012;31:1879-92 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Cyclin D2 is also expressed in the developing human cortex within similar domains, thus indicating that its role as a fate determinant is ancient and conserved. ..
- Geng Y, Yu Q, Sicinska E, Das M, Bronson R, Sicinski P. Deletion of the p27Kip1 gene restores normal development in cyclin D1-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:194-9 pubmed..Here we report that ablation of p27(Kip1) restores essentially normal development in cyclin D1-deficient mice. Our results provide genetic evidence that p27(Kip1) functions downstream of cyclin D1. ..
- Jena N, Deng M, Sicinska E, Sicinski P, Daley G. Critical role for cyclin D2 in BCR/ABL-induced proliferation of hematopoietic cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:535-41 pubmed..These results establish that BCR/ABL promotes cell cycle progression by altering expression of cyclin D2 and that cyclin D2 induction plays a critical role in proliferation of hematopoietic cells by BCR/ABL. ..
- Das S, Lim H, Paria B, Dey S. Cyclin D3 in the mouse uterus is associated with the decidualization process during early pregnancy. J Mol Endocrinol. 1999;22:91-101 pubmed..Collectively, the results suggest that cyclin D3 could be important for the process of decidualization. ..
- Gao F, Bian F, Ma X, Kalinichenko V, Das S. Control of regional decidualization in implantation: Role of FoxM1 downstream of Hoxa10 and cyclin D3. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13863 pubmed publisher..Overall, we suggest that proper regional decidualization and polyploidy development requires FoxM1 signaling downstream of Hoxa10 and cyclin D3. ..
- Hishida T, Naito K, Osada S, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Crucial roles of D-type cyclins in the early stage of adipocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:289-94 pubmed publisher..Each of the D-type cyclins seems to play a crucial role in adipocyte differentiation by regulating MCE. ..
- Ravnik S, Rhee K, Wolgemuth D. Distinct patterns of expression of the D-type cyclins during testicular development in the mouse. Dev Genet. 1995;16:171-8 pubmed..Also surprising was the observation that cyclin D3 expression was highest in the non-dividing, haploid, round spermatids. The possible roles of these cyclins in the events of spermatogenesis are discussed. ..
- Pasumarthi K, Nakajima H, Nakajima H, Soonpaa M, Field L. Targeted expression of cyclin D2 results in cardiomyocyte DNA synthesis and infarct regression in transgenic mice. Circ Res. 2005;96:110-8 pubmed..These data suggested that modulation of D-type cyclins could be exploited to promote regenerative growth in injured hearts. ..
- Lagarrigue S, Lopez Mejia I, Denechaud P, EscotÃ© X, Castillo Armengol J, Jimenez V, et al. CDK4 is an essential insulin effector in adipocytes. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:335-48 pubmed publisher..We determined that insulin activates the CCND3-CDK4 complex, which in turn phosphorylates insulin receptor substrate 2 (IRS2) at serine 388, thereby creating a ..
- Kumar P P, Emechebe U, Smith R, Franklin S, Moore B, Yandell M, et al. Coordinated control of senescence by lncRNA and a novel T-box3 co-repressor complex. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Our elucidation of CAPER? and UCA1 functions in vivo provides new insights into senescence induction, and the oncogenic and developmental properties of TBX3. ..
- Toyoshima H, Hunter T. p27, a novel inhibitor of G1 cyclin-Cdk protein kinase activity, is related to p21. Cell. 1994;78:67-74 pubmed..p27 is identical to p27Kip1, a cyclin-Cdk inhibitor present in TGF beta-treated cells. p27 has the hallmarks of a negative regulator of G1 progression and may mediate TGF beta-induced G1 arrest. ..
- Matsushime H, Roussel M, Ashmun R, Sherr C. Colony-stimulating factor 1 regulates novel cyclins during the G1 phase of the cell cycle. Cell. 1991;65:701-13 pubmed..The timing of p36CYL expression, its rapid turnover in the absence of CSF-1, and its phosphorylation and transient binding to a cdc2-related polypeptide suggest that CYL genes may function during S phase commitment. ..
- Liu L, Michowski W, Inuzuka H, Shimizu K, Nihira N, Chick J, et al. G1 cyclins link proliferation, pluripotency and differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:177-188 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CDK inhibition might represent an attractive therapeutic strategy by targeting glioblastoma tumour-initiating cells, which depend on Sox2 to maintain their tumorigenic potential. ..
- Bernardin Fried F, Kummalue T, Leijen S, Collector M, Ravid K, Friedman A. AML1/RUNX1 increases during G1 to S cell cycle progression independent of cytokine-dependent phosphorylation and induces cyclin D3 gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15678-87 pubmed
- Kushner J, Ciemerych M, Sicinska E, Wartschow L, Teta M, Long S, et al. Cyclins D2 and D1 are essential for postnatal pancreatic beta-cell growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3752-62 pubmed..Thus, cyclins D2 and D1 were essential for beta-cell expansion in adult mice. Strategies to tightly regulate D-type cyclin activity in beta cells could prevent or cure diabetes. ..
- Ciemerych M, Yu Q, Szczepanska K, Sicinski P. CDK4 activity in mouse embryos expressing a single D-type cyclin. Int J Dev Biol. 2008;52:299-305 pubmed publisher..These data and results from other laboratories indicate that cyclin D1-dependent CDK4 activity is dispensable for normal development of the mouse embryo. ..
- Reese J, Binart N, Brown N, Ma W, Paria B, Das S, et al. Implantation and decidualization defects in prolactin receptor (PRLR)-deficient mice are mediated by ovarian but not uterine PRLR. Endocrinology. 2000;141:1872-81 pubmed..The function of uterine PRLR remains unclear. However, the eventual loss of pregnancy in P4-treated PRLR-/- mice suggests that uterine PRLR may be essential for the support of late gestation. ..
- Wianny F, Real F, Mummery C, van Rooijen M, Lahti J, Samarut J, et al. G1-phase regulators, cyclin D1, cyclin D2, and cyclin D3: up-regulation at gastrulation and dynamic expression during neurulation. Dev Dyn. 1998;212:49-62 pubmed..In the hindbrain, cyclin D1 and D2 show distinct segment-specific restricted expression and this pattern is conserved between mouse and chick. These results strongly suggest that D-type cyclins act as developmental regulators. ..
- Faria T, LaRosa G, Wilen E, Liao J, Gudas L. Characterization of genes which exhibit reduced expression during the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma cells: involvement of cyclin D3 in RA-mediated growth arrest. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1998;143:155-66 pubmed
- Long F, Zhang X, Karp S, Yang Y, McMahon A. Genetic manipulation of hedgehog signaling in the endochondral skeleton reveals a direct role in the regulation of chondrocyte proliferation. Development. 2001;128:5099-108 pubmed..Taken together, the present study establishes Ihh as a key mitogen in the endochondral skeleton. ..
- Kosaka Y, Cieslik K, Li L, Lezin G, Maguire C, Saijoh Y, et al. 14-3-3? plays a role in cardiac ventricular compaction by regulating the cardiomyocyte cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:5089-102 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with the long-held view that human LVNC may result from compaction arrest, and they implicate 14-3-3? as a new candidate gene in congenital human cardiomyopathies. ..
- Iida A, Iwagawa T, Kuribayashi H, Satoh S, Mochizuki Y, Baba Y, et al. Histone demethylase Jmjd3 is required for the development of subsets of retinal bipolar cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:3751-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that lineage-specific H3K27me3 demethylation of critical gene loci by spatiotemporal-specific Jmjd3 expression is required for appropriate maturation of retinal cells. ..
- Suiko T, Kobayashi K, Aono K, Kawashima T, Inoue K, Ku L, et al. Expression of Quaking RNA-Binding Protein in the Adult and Developing Mouse Retina. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156033 pubmed publisher..The data raises the possibility that QKI may function in retinal cell fate determination and maturation in both glia and neurons. ..
- Georgia S, Bhushan A. Beta cell replication is the primary mechanism for maintaining postnatal beta cell mass. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:963-8 pubmed
- Panic L, Tamarut S, Sticker Jantscheff M, Barkic M, Solter D, Uzelac M, et al. Ribosomal protein S6 gene haploinsufficiency is associated with activation of a p53-dependent checkpoint during gastrulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8880-91 pubmed..Thus, a p53-dependent checkpoint is activated during gastrulation in response to ribosome insufficiency to prevent improper execution of the developmental program. ..
- Chen B, Glasser J, Coon T, Mallampalli R. FBXL2 is a ubiquitin E3 ligase subunit that triggers mitotic arrest. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3487-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest a role for SCF (FBXL2) in regulating the fidelity of cellular division. ..
- Zong H, Chi Y, Wang Y, Yang Y, Zhang L, Chen H, et al. Cyclin D3/CDK11p58 complex is involved in the repression of androgen receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7125-42 pubmed..Furthermore, androgen-dependent proliferation of PCa cells was inhibited by cyclin D3/CDK11p58 through AR repression. These data suggest that cyclin D3/CDK11p58 signaling is involved in the negative regulation of AR function. ..
- Bicknell K, Coxon C, Brooks G. Can the cardiomyocyte cell cycle be reprogrammed?. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;42:706-21 pubmed..The validity of therapeutic strategies that aim to reinstate the proliferative potential of cardiomyocytes to improve myocardial repair following injury will be discussed. ..
- Muto A, Iida A, Satoh S, Watanabe S. The group E Sox genes Sox8 and Sox9 are regulated by Notch signaling and are required for Müller glial cell development in mouse retina. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:549-58 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that group E Sox genes play important roles in the developing vertebrate retina. ..
- Ehrlich L, Yang Iott K, DeMicco A, Bassing C. Somatic inactivation of ATM in hematopoietic cells predisposes mice to cyclin D3 dependent T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:388-98 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a pre-clinical model for pediatric T-ALLs with acquired ATM inactivation and identifies the cell cycle machinery as a therapeutic target for this aggressive childhood T-ALL subtype. ..
- Tiefenbrun N, Melamed D, Levy N, Resnitzky D, Hoffman I, Reed S, et al. Alpha interferon suppresses the cyclin D3 and cdc25A genes, leading to a reversible G0-like arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3934-44 pubmed..The delayed pattern of cyclin reexpression provides evidence that alpha-interferon signaling imposes a G0-like state on this system. ..
- Pu W, Ishiwata T, Juraszek A, Ma Q, Izumo S. GATA4 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2004;275:235-44 pubmed..These data demonstrate that multiple aspects of embryonic cardiac morphogenesis and function are exquisitely sensitive to small changes in GATA4 expression levels. ..
- Horowitz J, Bassing C. Noncore RAG1 regions promote V? rearrangements and ?? T cell development by overcoming inherent inefficiency of V? recombination signal sequences. J Immunol. 2014;192:1609-19 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that noncore RAG1 regions establish a diverse TCR repertoire by overcoming V? RSS inefficiency to promote V? recombination and ?? T cell development, and by modulating TCR? and TCR? gene segment utilization. ..
- Feng L, Xie X, Joshi P, Yang Z, Shibasaki K, Chow R, et al. Requirement for Bhlhb5 in the specification of amacrine and cone bipolar subtypes in mouse retina. Development. 2006;133:4815-25 pubmed..Our results reveal that a bHLH transcription factor cascade is involved in regulating retinal cell differentiation and imply that Bhlhb5 functions downstream of retinogenic factors to specify bipolar and amacrine subtypes. ..
- Yagi H, Deguchi K, Aono A, Tani Y, Kishimoto T, Komori T. Growth disturbance in fetal liver hematopoiesis of Mll-mutant mice. Blood. 1998;92:108-17 pubmed..These data show that the hematopoietic precursors were greatly reduced in mutant mice, and suggest that Mll functions as a regulator of the growth of hematopoietic precursors. ..
- Wang H, Kumar T. Segment- and cell-specific expression of D-type cyclins in the postnatal mouse epididymis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:136-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, on the basis of our immunophenotyping and protein expression data, we conclude that the D-type cyclins are expressed in a development-, segment-, and cell-specific manner in the postnatal mouse epididymis. ..
- Rickheim D, Nelsen C, Fassett J, Timchenko N, Hansen L, Albrecht J. Differential regulation of cyclins D1 and D3 in hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatology. 2002;36:30-8 pubmed
- Chen B, Glasser J, Coon T, Mallampalli R. F-box protein FBXL2 exerts human lung tumor suppressor-like activity by ubiquitin-mediated degradation of cyclin D3 resulting in cell cycle arrest. Oncogene. 2012;31:2566-79 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate SCF(FBXL2) as an indispensible regulator of mitosis that serves as a tumor suppressor. ..