Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccl9
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 9
Alias: CCF18, MRP-2, Scya10, Scya9, C-C motif chemokine 9, MIP-1 gamma, macrophage inflammatory protein 1-gamma, macrophage inflammatory protein-related protein 2, small inducible cytokine A10, small inducible cytokine A9
- Okamatsu Y, Kim D, Battaglino R, Sasaki H, Späte U, Stashenko P. MIP-1 gamma promotes receptor-activator-of-NF-kappa-B-ligand-induced osteoclast formation and survival. J Immunol. 2004;173:2084-90 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that MIP-1 gamma plays an important role in the differentiation and survival of osteoclasts, most likely via an autocrine pathway. ..
- Yu R, Park J, Kawada T, Kwon B. Alteration of a macrophages inflammatory protein-related protein-2 (MRP-2) response by high fat and cholesterol diet in mice. Life Sci. 2002;70:2535-45 pubmed..These results suggest that MRP-2 may be an important contributing factor in the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Fukuda S, Hanano Y, Iio M, Miura R, Yoshie O, Nomiyama H. Genomic organization of the genes for human and mouse CC chemokine LEC. DNA Cell Biol. 1999;18:275-83 pubmed..with the human LEC cDNA was isolated from a BAC clone that also contained the CC chemokine genes for C10, MRP-2/CCF18/MIP-1gamma, and RANTES...
- Krulova M, Havelková H, Kosarová M, Holan V, Hart A, Demant P, et al. IL-2-induced proliferative response is controlled by loci Cinda1 and Cinda2 on mouse chromosomes 11 and 12: a distinct control of the response induced by different IL-2 concentrations. Genomics. 1997;42:11-5 pubmed..Understanding the action of genetic factors, such as Cinda1 and Cinda2, that control T cell function is expected to contribute to the efficient analysis of the genetic control of susceptibility to infections and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Lean J, Murphy C, Fuller K, Chambers T. CCL9/MIP-1gamma and its receptor CCR1 are the major chemokine ligand/receptor species expressed by osteoclasts. J Cell Biochem. 2002;87:386-93 pubmed..We found that RANKL induced expression of CCL9/MIP-1gamma to levels comparable to that of tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP), a major specialized product ..
- Wilson G, Hewit K, Pallas K, Cairney C, Lee K, Hansell C, et al. Atypical chemokine receptor ACKR2 controls branching morphogenesis in the developing mammary gland. Development. 2017;144:74-82 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that ACKR2 is an important regulator of branching morphogenesis in diverse biological contexts and provide the first evidence of a role for chemokines and their receptors in postnatal development processes. ..
- Meyer M, Hensbergen P, van der Raaij Helmer E, Brandacher G, Margreiter R, Heufler C, et al. Cross reactivity of three T cell attracting murine chemokines stimulating the CXC chemokine receptor CXCR3 and their induction in cultured cells and during allograft rejection. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:2521-7 pubmed..Chemokine mRNA levels exceeded those of CXCR3 and IFN-gamma which were induced with similar kinetics by several orders of magnitude. ..
- Teuscher C, Butterfield R, Ma R, Zachary J, Doerge R, Blankenhorn E. Sequence polymorphisms in the chemokines Scya1 (TCA-3), Scya2 (monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1), and Scya12 (MCP-5) are candidates for eae7, a locus controlling susceptibility to monophasic remitting/nonrelapsing experimental allergic enceph. J Immunol. 1999;163:2262-6 pubmed..Similarly, cDNA sequence polymorphisms in Nos2, Scya3, Scya4, Scya5, Scya6, Scya7, Scya9, Scya10, and Scya11 were excluded as candidates for eae7...
- Yan H, Jiang J, Pang Y, Achyut B, Lizardo M, Liang X, et al. CCL9 Induced by TGFÎ² Signaling in Myeloid Cells Enhances Tumor Cell Survival in the Premetastatic Organ. Cancer Res. 2015;75:5283-98 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that chemokine CCL9 was highly induced in Gr-1(+)CD11b(+) immature myeloid cells and in premetastatic lung in tumor-bearing mice...
- Ravindran C, Cheng Y, Liang S. CpG-ODNs induces up-regulated expression of chemokine CCL9 in mouse macrophages and microglia. Cell Immunol. 2010;260:113-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the potential involvement of the chemokine CCL9 and its receptor CCR1 in the effects of CpG-ODNs on macrophage/microglial cells...
- Poltorak A, Bazzoni F, Smirnova I, Alejos E, Thompson P, Luheshi G, et al. MIP-1 gamma: molecular cloning, expression, and biological activities of a novel CC chemokine that is constitutively secreted in vivo. J Inflamm. 1995;45:207-19 pubmed..As such it might, under normal circumstances, markedly influence responses to the inducible CC chemokines. ..
- Swamydas M, Ricci K, Rego S, Dreau D. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived CCL-9 and CCL-5 promote mammary tumor cell invasion and the activation of matrix metalloproteinases. Cell Adh Migr. 2013;7:315-24 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that mesenchymal D1 cells produced concentrations of CCL5 and CCL9 4- to 5-fold higher than the concentrations secreted by 4T1 tumor cells (P < 0.01)...
- Hu K, Luo S, Tong L, Huang X, Jin W, Huang W, et al. CCL19 and CCL28 augment mucosal and systemic immune responses to HIV-1 gp140 by mobilizing responsive immunocytes into secondary lymph nodes and mucosal tissue. J Immunol. 2013;191:1935-47 pubmed publisher..Such enhancements appear to be associated with mobilization of responsive immunocytes into secondary lymphoid organs and mucosal tissues through interactions with corresponding receptors...
- Li J, Zhou Z, Zhang X, Zheng L, He D, Ye Y, et al. Inflammatory Molecule, PSGL-1, Deficiency Activates Macrophages to Promote Colorectal Cancer Growth through NF?B Signaling. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:467-477 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, increased production of the mouse chemokine ligand 9 (CCL9/MIP-1?) was found in the PSGL-1-deficient mice, and the macrophages are likely the major source of ..
- Simon L, Ekman G, Garcia T, Carnes K, Zhang Z, Murphy T, et al. ETV5 regulates sertoli cell chemokines involved in mouse stem/progenitor spermatogonia maintenance. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1882-92 pubmed publisher..Rescue assays using recombinant chemokines indicated that C-C-motif ligand 9 (CCL9) facilitates Sertoli cell chemoattraction of stem/progenitor spermatogonia, which express C-C-receptor type 1 (CCR1)..
- Nardi V, Naveiras O, Azam M, Daley G. ICSBP-mediated immune protection against BCR-ABL-induced leukemia requires the CCL6 and CCL9 chemokines. Blood. 2009;113:3813-20 pubmed publisher..We identify the chemokines CCL6 and CCL9 as genes prominently induced by the type I IFNs and ICSBP, and demonstrate that these immunomodulators are required ..
- Lomas Neira J, Chung C, Grutkoski P, Dunican A, Simms H, Cioffi W, et al. Divergent roles of murine neutrophil chemokines in hemorrhage induced priming for acute lung injury. Cytokine. 2005;31:169-79 pubmed..These data suggest that KC and MIP-2alpha differ in their mediation of neutrophil function (apoptosis and chemotaxis) and contribution to the pathogenesis of lung injury following hemorrhage subsequent to sepsis. ..
- Berahovich R, Miao Z, Wang Y, Premack B, Howard M, Schall T. Proteolytic activation of alternative CCR1 ligands in inflammation. J Immunol. 2005;174:7341-51 pubmed..Indeed, four such chemokines, CCL6/C10/MIP-related protein-1, CCL9/MIP-1gamma/MIP-related protein-2, CCL15/MIP-1delta/hemofiltrate CC chemokine-2/leukotactin-1, and CCL23/CKbeta8/..