Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccl24
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 24
Alias: CKb-6, MPIF-2, Scya24, C-C motif chemokine 24, CC chemokine CCL24, eosinophil chemotactic protein 2, eotaxin-2, small-inducible cytokine A24
- Ahrens R, Waddell A, Seidu L, Blanchard C, Carey R, Forbes E, et al. Intestinal macrophage/epithelial cell-derived CCL11/eotaxin-1 mediates eosinophil recruitment and function in pediatric ulcerative colitis. J Immunol. 2008;181:7390-9 pubmed..have demonstrated a link between the eosinophil-selective chemokines, eotaxins (eotaxin-1/CCL11 and eotaxin-2/CCL24), eosinophils, and the inflammatory bowel diseases, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Duchesnes C, Murphy P, Williams T, Pease J. Alanine scanning mutagenesis of the chemokine receptor CCR3 reveals distinct extracellular residues involved in recognition of the eotaxin family of chemokines. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:1221-31 pubmedDespite considerable differences in primary structure, the chemokines eotaxin-1/CCL11, eotaxin-2/CCL24 and eotaxin-3/CCL26 signal via a single receptor, CCR3, but exhibit different potencies and efficacies...
- Siddiqui S, Secor E, Silbart L. Broncho-alveolar macrophages express chemokines associated with leukocyte migration in a mouse model of asthma. Cell Immunol. 2013;281:159-69 pubmed publisher..b>Eotaxin 2 (CCL-24), which is known to influence eosinophil migration, was highly up-regulated in BAMs, but not Eotaxin-1 (..
- Dai C, Yao X, Gordon E, Barochia A, Cuento R, Kaler M, et al. A CCL24-dependent pathway augments eosinophilic airway inflammation in house dust mite-challenged Cd163(-/-) mice. Mucosal Immunol. 2016;9:702-17 pubmed publisher..The increased airway eosinophils and MCM in HDM-challenged Cd163(-/-) mice were mediated by augmented CCL24 production and could be reversed by administration of a neutralizing anti-CCL24 antibody...
- Ben Yehuda C, Bader R, Puxeddu I, Levi Schaffer F, Breuer R, Berkman N. Airway eosinophil accumulation and eotaxin-2/CCL24 expression following allergen challenge in BALB/c mice. Exp Lung Res. 2008;34:467-79 pubmed publisher..In order to clarify whether eotaxin-2/CCL24 accounts for prolonged airway eosinophilia, the authors determined the expression of CCL11 and CCL24 in lung ..
- Schulze J, Bickert T, Beil F, Zaiss M, Albers J, Wintges K, et al. Interleukin-33 is expressed in differentiated osteoblasts and blocks osteoclast formation from bone marrow precursor cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:704-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings have uncovered a previously unknown function of IL-33 as an inhibitor of bone resorption. ..
- Fulkerson P, Fischetti C, Rothenberg M. Eosinophils and CCR3 regulate interleukin-13 transgene-induced pulmonary remodeling. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:2117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data definitively identify a functional contribution by eosinophils on the effects of chronic IL-13 expression in the lung. ..
- Kannan Y, Li Y, Coomes S, Okoye I, Pelly V, Sriskantharajah S, et al. Tumor progression locus 2 reduces severe allergic airway inflammation by inhibiting Ccl24 production in dendritic cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:655-666.e7 pubmed publisher..ELISA was used to assess the production of IgE, type 2 cytokines, and Ccl24. RNA sequencing was used to characterize dendritic cell (DC) transcripts...
- Wilson G, Hewit K, Pallas K, Cairney C, Lee K, Hansell C, et al. Atypical chemokine receptor ACKR2 controls branching morphogenesis in the developing mammary gland. Development. 2017;144:74-82 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that ACKR2 is an important regulator of branching morphogenesis in diverse biological contexts and provide the first evidence of a role for chemokines and their receptors in postnatal development processes. ..
- Zimmermann N, Hogan S, Mishra A, Brandt E, Bodette T, Pope S, et al. Murine eotaxin-2: a constitutive eosinophil chemokine induced by allergen challenge and IL-4 overexpression. J Immunol. 2000;165:5839-46 pubmed..Thus, murine eotaxin-2 is a constitutively expressed eosinophil chemokine likely to be involved in homeostatic, allergen-induced, and IL-4-associated immune responses. ..
- Beal D, Stepien D, Natarajan S, Kim J, Remick D. Reduction of eotaxin production and eosinophil recruitment by pulmonary autologous macrophage transfer in a cockroach allergen-induced asthma model. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L866-77 pubmed publisher..undetectable; eotaxin 2: 2,383 vs. 131 pg/ml) and lung homogenate (eotaxin 1: 1,043 vs. 218 pg/ml; eotaxin 2: 10 vs. 1.5 ng/ml)...
- Pope S, Fulkerson P, Blanchard C, Akei H, Nikolaidis N, Zimmermann N, et al. Identification of a cooperative mechanism involving interleukin-13 and eotaxin-2 in experimental allergic lung inflammation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13952-61 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate a cooperative mechanism between IL-13 and eotaxin-2. In particular, IL-13 mediates allergen-induced eotaxin-2 expression, and eotaxin-2 mediates IL-13-induced airway eosinophilia. ..