Genomes and Genes
carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1c
Gene Symbol: carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1c
Description: carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1c
Alias: 6530437J22Rik, 9630004I06Rik, CPT I-C, CPT IC, CPT1-B, CPTI-B, carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, brain isoform, carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase I, brain isoform, carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1, brain
Products: carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1c
- Lee J, Wolfgang M. Metabolomic profiling reveals a role for CPT1c in neuronal oxidative metabolism. BMC Biochem. 2012;13:23 pubmed publisher..The subtle changes in a broad range of metabolites in vivo indicate that CPT1c does not play a significant or required role in fatty acid oxidation; however, it could play an alternative role in neuronal oxidative metabolism. ..
- Yasrebi A, Hsieh A, Mamounis K, Krumm E, Yang J, Magby J, et al. Differential gene regulation of GHSR signaling pathway in the arcuate nucleus and NPY neurons by fasting, diet-induced obesity, and 17Î²-estradiol. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;422:42-56 pubmed publisher..DIO in females suppressed Agrp and augmented Cpt1c in NPY neurons. In summary, genes involved in GHSR signaling are differentially regulated between the ARC and NPY neurons in a sex-dependent manner. ..
- Schwenk J, Harmel N, Brechet A, Zolles G, Berkefeld H, Müller C, et al. High-resolution proteomics unravel architecture and molecular diversity of native AMPA receptor complexes. Neuron. 2012;74:621-33 pubmed publisher..6 and 1 MDa. The additional constituents change the gating properties of AMPARs and provide links to the protein dynamics fundamental for the complex role of AMPARs in formation and operation of glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Sanchez Macedo N, Feng J, Faubert B, Chang N, Elia A, Rushing E, et al. Depletion of the novel p53-target gene carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C delays tumor growth in the neurofibromatosis type I tumor model. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:659-68 pubmed publisher..Earlier we reported that carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C (CPT1C), a brain-specific member of a family of mitochondria-associated enzymes that have a central ..
- Carrasco P, Jacas J, Sahún I, Muley H, Ramirez S, Puisac B, et al. Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C deficiency causes motor impairment and hypoactivity. Behav Brain Res. 2013;256:291-7 pubmed publisherb>Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1c (CPT1C), a brain-specific protein localized in the endoplasmic reticulum of neurons, is expressed in almost all brain regions, but its only known functions to date are involved in the hypothalamic ..
- Rinaldi C, Schmidt T, Situ A, Johnson J, Lee P, Chen K, et al. Mutation in CPT1C Associated With Pure Autosomal Dominant Spastic Paraplegia. JAMA Neurol. 2015;72:561-70 pubmed publisher..The association of the CPT1C mutation with changes in lipid droplet biogenesis supports a role for altered lipid-mediated signal transduction in HSP pathogenesis. ..
- FadÃ³ R, Soto D, MiÃ±ano Molina A, Pozo M, Carrasco P, Yefimenko N, et al. Novel Regulation of the Synthesis of Î±-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic Acid (AMPA) Receptor Subunit GluA1 by Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase 1C (CPT1C) in the Hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25548-60 pubmed publisher..Recent data suggest that one of the constituents of the AMPAR complex is carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C (CPT1C), a brain-specific isoform located in the endoplasmic reticulum of neurons...
- Pozo M, Rodriguez Rodriguez R, Ramirez S, Seoane Collazo P, Lopez M, Serra D, et al. Hypothalamic Regulation of Liver and Muscle Nutrient Partitioning by Brain-Specific Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase 1C in Male Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2226-2238 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that CPT1C in the MBH is necessary for proper hypothalamic sensing of a negative energy balance and fuel partitioning in liver and muscle. ..