Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car5b
Description: carbonic anhydrase 5b, mitochondrial
Alias: 7330410H16Rik, CAVB, Ca5b, CarVb, D730005F19Rik, carbonic anhydrase 5B, mitochondrial, CA-VB, carbonate dehydratase VB, carbonic anhydrase VB
- Shah G, Hewett Emmett D, Grubb J, Migas M, Fleming R, Waheed A, et al. Mitochondrial carbonic anhydrase CA VB: differences in tissue distribution and pattern of evolution from those of CA VA suggest distinct physiological roles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:1677-82 pubmedA cDNA for a second mouse mitochondrial carbonic anhydrase (CA) called CA VB was identified by homology to the previously characterized murine CA V, now called CA VA...
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..The CAs expressed in all tissues were Car5b, Car7, and Car15, among which Car5b showed moderate and Car7 and Car15 extremely low expression levels...
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals...
- Price T, Eranki V, Banks W, Ercal N, Shah G. Topiramate treatment protects blood-brain barrier pericytes from hyperglycemia-induced oxidative damage in diabetic mice. Endocrinology. 2012;153:362-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitochondrial CA may provide a new therapeutic target for oxidative stress related illnesses of the central nervous system. ..
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..The temporal and spatial expression patterns of each CA isozyme suggest unique and differential roles in inner ear development and function. ..
- Shah G, Rubbelke T, Hendin J, Nguyen H, Waheed A, Shoemaker J, et al. Targeted mutagenesis of mitochondrial carbonic anhydrases VA and VB implicates both enzymes in ammonia detoxification and glucose metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7423-8 pubmed publisher..of each enzyme, we studied the effects of targeted disruption of the murine CA genes, called Car5A and Car5B. The Car5A mutation had several deleterious consequences...