Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car3
Description: carbonic anhydrase 3
Alias: BB219044, Ca3, Car-3, carbonic anhydrase 3, CA-III, carbonate dehydratase III, carbonic anhydrase III
- Mingin G, Stahl D, Chacko J, Koul H. Global gene expression patterns in mouse wolffian duct development. J Urol. 2006;176:1701-5 pubmed..Our results diverge from expression patterns reported in the kidney. This information will enable future comparisons between WT and transgenic mice with an abnormal phenotype. ..
- Lyons G, Buckingham M, Tweedie S, Edwards Y. Carbonic anhydrase III, an early mesodermal marker, is expressed in embryonic mouse skeletal muscle and notochord. Development. 1991;111:233-44 pubmedb>Carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) is an abundant soluble protein in adult mammalian slow twitch skeletal muscle fibers...
- Liu M, Walter G, Pathare N, Forster R, Vandenborne K. A quantitative study of bioenergetics in skeletal muscle lacking carbonic anhydrase III using 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:371-6 pubmedOxidative slow skeletal muscle contains carbonic anhydrase III in high concentration, but its primary function remains unknown...
- Kim G, Lee T, Wetzel P, Geers C, Robinson M, Myers T, et al. Carbonic anhydrase III is not required in the mouse for normal growth, development, and life span. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9942-7 pubmedb>Carbonic anhydrase III is a cytosolic protein which is particularly abundant in skeletal muscle, adipocytes, and liver...
- Carter W, Vigneswara V, Newlaczyl A, Wayne D, Ahmed B, Saddington S, et al. Isoaspartate, carbamoyl phosphate synthase-1, and carbonic anhydrase-III as biomarkers of liver injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;458:626-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that elevated isoaspartate and CPS-1, and reduced CA-III levels could serve as biomarkers of hepatocellular injury. ..
- Tweedie S, Edwards Y. Mouse carbonic anhydrase III: nucleotide sequence and expression studies. Biochem Genet. 1989;27:17-30 pubmed..Restriction fragment length polymorphisms using TaqI and PstI are described which distinguish between Mus spretus and Mus musculus domesticus. ..
- Marotta P, Amendola E, Scarfò M, De Luca P, Zoppoli P, Amoresano A, et al. The paired box transcription factor Pax8 is essential for function and survival of adult thyroid cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;396:26-36 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Pax8 is also an essential player in controlling survival and differentiation of adult thyroid follicular cells. ..
- Pazin D, Gamer L, Cox K, Rosen V. Molecular profiling of synovial joints: use of microarray analysis to identify factors that direct the development of the knee and elbow. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1816-26 pubmed publisher..Our microarray analyses provides a new resource for further investigation of the pathways involved in the morphogenesis of specific synovial joints. ..
- Mitterberger M, Kim G, Rostek U, Levine R, Zwerschke W. Carbonic anhydrase III regulates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-?2. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:877-86 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) is an isoenzyme of the CA family. Because of its low specific anhydrase activity, physiological functions in addition to hydrating CO(2) have been proposed...
- Kim G, Lee T, Wynshaw Boris A, Levine R. Nucleotide sequence and structure of the mouse carbonic anhydrase III gene. Gene. 2001;265:37-44 pubmed..b>Carbonic anhydrase III is highly expressed in certain tissues, including muscle and fat where it constitutes up to 25% of the ..
- Gailly P, Jouret F, Martin D, Debaix H, Parreira K, Nishita T, et al. A novel renal carbonic anhydrase type III plays a role in proximal tubule dysfunction. Kidney Int. 2008;74:52-61 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that lack of PT ClC-5 in mice and men is associated with CAIII induction, increased cell proliferation, and oxidative stress. ..
- Knudsen B, Miyamoto M, Laipis P, Silverman D. Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrases. Genetics. 2003;164:1261-9 pubmed..with this other information, these LRTs also support a unique antioxidant defense role for the puzzling CA III. As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-..
- Stanton L, Ponte P, Coleman R, Snyder M. Expression of CA III in rodent models of obesity. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:860-6 pubmed..By two-dimensional gel analysis, carbonic anhydrase-III (CA III) has been identified as a major constituent of murine adipose tissue...
- Singh U, Sun T, Shi W, Schulz R, Nuber U, Varanou A, et al. Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1034-45 pubmed..However, expression analysis of Car3 and Ncam2, which can take over the function of Car2 and Ncam1, respectively, indicated a possible rescue mechanism, ..
- Allen B, Tenzen T, McMahon A. The Hedgehog-binding proteins Gas1 and Cdo cooperate to positively regulate Shh signaling during mouse development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1244-57 pubmed
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..b>Car3, Car12, Car13, and Car14 were detected in seven out of eight tissues and Car2 and Car4 were expressed in six ..
- Reibring C, El Shahawy M, Hallberg K, Kannius Janson M, Nilsson J, Parkkila S, et al. Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96007 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important information for future single or multiple gene targeting strategies aiming at deciphering the function of CAs during odontogenesis. ..
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the detection limits...
- Renner S, Walker L, Forsberg L, Sexton J, Brenman J. Carbonic anhydrase III (Car3) is not required for fatty acid synthesis and does not protect against high-fat diet induced obesity in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176502 pubmed publisher..b>Carbonic anhydrase III (Car3) is nutritionally regulated at both the mRNA and protein level...
- Smits P, Lefebvre V. Sox5 and Sox6 are required for notochord extracellular matrix sheath formation, notochord cell survival and development of the nucleus pulposus of intervertebral discs. Development. 2003;130:1135-48 pubmed..Through these roles and essential roles in cartilage formation, they are central transcriptional regulators of vertebral column development. ..
- Sowden J, Smith H, Morrison K, Edwards Y. Sequence comparisons and functional studies of the proximal promoter of the carbonic anhydrase 3 (CA3) gene. Gene. 1998;214:157-65 pubmedb>Carbonic anhydrase 3 (CA3) is a member of a gene family encoding proteins which catalyse the hydration of CO2 to generate protons and bicarbonate ions for cellular ion transport and pH homeostasis...
- Sowden J, Morrison K, Putt W, Beddington R, Edwards Y. The identification of novel sequences expressed in the mouse notochord. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:42-4 pubmed
- Grimes A, Paynter J, Walker I, Bhave M, Mercer J. Decreased carbonic anhydrase III levels in the liver of the mouse mutant 'toxic milk' (tx) due to copper accumulation. Biochem J. 1997;321 ( Pt 2):341-6 pubmed..The amino acid sequences of two CNBr peptides were identical with portions of the mouse skeletal muscle carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) sequence...
- Connor M, Puhvel S, Sakamoto M, Nanthur J. The hr locus and the toxicity of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in newborn mice. Arch Toxicol. 1994;69:87-90 pubmed..However, the hairless animals were affected at lower doses than were the haired. The results of this study document that the hr/hr genotype does influence the systemic toxicity of TCDD in mice. ..
- Beechey C, Tweedie S, Spurr N, Ball S, Peters J, Edwards Y. Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8. Genomics. 1990;6:692-6 pubmed
- Lowe N, Edwards Y, Edwards M, Butterworth P. Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8. Genomics. 1991;10:882-8 pubmed..These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. The genes lie in the order CA2, CA3, CA1. CA2 and CA3 are separated by 20 kb and are transcribed in the same direction, away from CA1...
- Nguyen C, Singson E, Kim J, Cornelius J, Attia R, Doyle M, et al. Sjögren's syndrome-like disease of C57BL/6.NOD-Aec1 Aec2 mice: gender differences in keratoconjunctivitis sicca defined by a cross-over in the chromosome 3 Aec1 locus. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:295-307 pubmed..These data suggest SjS-like disease in the NOD mouse shows gender-specific regulation determined by autosomal genes...
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..During inner ear development, transcripts of four cytosolic isozymes (Car1, Car2, Car3, and Car13), two membrane-bound isozymes (Car12 and Car14), and two CA-related proteins (Car8 and Car11) were ..
- Kelly C, Carter N, Jeffery S, Edwards Y. Characterisation of cDNA clones for rat muscle carbonic anhydrase III. Biosci Rep. 1988;8:401-6 pubmedcDNA clones for rat muscle carbonic anhydrase III have been isolated from a lambda gt-11 library and sequenced. Comparison with human CAIII cDNA showed about 90% homology to rat...