Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car15
Description: carbonic anhydrase 15
Alias: AI315043, Ca15, Cals2, carbonic anhydrase 15, CA-XV, carbonate dehydratase XV, carbonic anhydrase XV, carbonic anhydrase-like sequence 2
- Hilvo M, Salzano A, Innocenti A, Kulomaa M, Scozzafava A, Scaloni A, et al. Cloning, expression, post-translational modifications and inhibition studies on the latest mammalian carbonic anhydrase isoform, CA XV. J Med Chem. 2009;52:646-54 pubmed publisher..2.1.1) family, the mouse CA XV (mCA XV) protein. An investigation on the post-translational modifications of the enzyme has also been performed...
- Hilvo M, Tolvanen M, Clark A, Shen B, Shah G, Waheed A, et al. Characterization of CA XV, a new GPI-anchored form of carbonic anhydrase. Biochem J. 2005;392:83-92 pubmed..had already been described, analyses of genomic databases suggested that there still exists another isoenzyme, CA XV. Sequence analyses were performed to identify those species that are likely to have an active form of this enzyme...
- Hilvo M, Innocenti A, Monti S, De Simone G, Supuran C, Parkkila S. Recent advances in research on the most novel carbonic anhydrases, CA XIII and XV. Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14:672-8 pubmed..The most recently characterized members of this family are cytosolic CA XIII and membrane-bound CA XV. This article describes recent advances in the CA family, especially CA XIII and XV...
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..The CAs expressed in all tissues were Car5b, Car7, and Car15, among which Car5b showed moderate and Car7 and Car15 extremely low expression levels...
- Saari S, Hilvo M, Pan P, Gros G, Hanke N, Waheed A, et al. The most recently discovered carbonic anhydrase, CA XV, is expressed in the thick ascending limb of Henle and in the collecting ducts of mouse kidney. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9624 pubmed publisher..Recently, we showed by in situ hybridization that the mRNA for the most novel CA isozyme, CA XV, is present in the renal cortex...
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the detection limits...
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..The temporal and spatial expression patterns of each CA isozyme suggest unique and differential roles in inner ear development and function. ..