Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car14
Description: carbonic anhydrase 14
Alias: AW536446, CA-XIV, Ca14, carbonic anhydrase 14, CA XIV, carbonate dehydratase XIV, carbonic anhydrase XIV
- Whittington D, Grubb J, Waheed A, Shah G, Sly W, Christianson D. Expression, assay, and structure of the extracellular domain of murine carbonic anhydrase XIV: implications for selective inhibition of membrane-associated isozymes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7223-8 pubmed..Full-length CA XIV is a transmembrane protein composed of an extracellular catalytic domain, a single transmembrane helix, and a ..
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..Car3, Car12, Car13, and Car14 were detected in seven out of eight tissues and Car2 and Car4 were expressed in six tissues...
- Hallerdei J, Scheibe R, Parkkila S, Waheed A, Sly W, Gros G, et al. T tubules and surface membranes provide equally effective pathways of carbonic anhydrase-facilitated lactic acid transport in skeletal muscle. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15137 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that about half the CA-dependent muscular lactate flux occurs across the surface membrane, while the other half occurs across the membranes of the T tubuli. ..
- Vargas L, Alvarez B. Carbonic anhydrase XIV in the normal and hypertrophic myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;52:741-52 pubmed publisher..Increased CAXIV expression and consequent AE3/CAXIV complex formation would render AE3 hyperactive in the SHR heart. ..
- Supuran C. Carbonic anhydrases as drug targets--an overview. Curr Top Med Chem. 2007;7:825-33 pubmed..isozymes are cytosolic (CA I, CA II, CA III, CA VII, CA XIII), others are membrane-bound (CA IV, CA IX, CA XII, CA XIV and CA XV), CA VA and CA VB are mitochondrial, and CA VI is secreted in saliva and milk...
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..transcripts of four cytosolic isozymes (Car1, Car2, Car3, and Car13), two membrane-bound isozymes (Car12 and Car14), and two CA-related proteins (Car8 and Car11) were expressed at higher levels than other isozymes...
- Makani S, Chen H, Esquenazi S, Shah G, Waheed A, Sly W, et al. NMDA receptor-dependent afterdepolarizations are curtailed by carbonic anhydrase 14: regulation of a short-term postsynaptic potentiation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16754-62 pubmed publisher..We studied the role of Car14 in this brain structure, in which it is expressed solely on neurons...
- Svichar N, Waheed A, Sly W, Hennings J, Hübner C, Chesler M. Carbonic anhydrases CA4 and CA14 both enhance AE3-mediated Cl--HCO3- exchange in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3252-8 pubmed publisherCarbonic anhydrase (CA) activity in the brain extracellular space is attributable mainly to isoforms CA4 and CA14. In brain, these enzymes have been studied mostly in the context of buffering activity-dependent extracellular pH transients...
- Parkkila S, Kivela A, Kaunisto K, Parkkila A, Hakkola J, Rajaniemi H, et al. The plasma membrane carbonic anhydrase in murine hepatocytes identified as isozyme XIV. BMC Gastroenterol. 2002;2:13 pubmed..blotting results indicated the presence of mRNA for the most recently discovered membrane-bound CA isozyme, CA XIV, in the liver...