Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car13
Description: carbonic anhydrase 13
Alias: 2310075C21Rik, Ca13, carbonic anhydrase 13, CA-XIII, carbonate dehydratase XIII, carbonic anhydrase XIII
- Lehtonen J, Shen B, Vihinen M, Casini A, Scozzafava A, Supuran C, et al. Characterization of CA XIII, a novel member of the carbonic anhydrase isozyme family. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2719-27 pubmed..provided evidence that human and mouse genomes contain genes for still another novel CA isozyme hereby named CA XIII. In the present study, we modeled the structure of human CA XIII...
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..Car3, Car12, Car13, and Car14 were detected in seven out of eight tissues and Car2 and Car4 were expressed in six tissues...
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..During inner ear development, transcripts of four cytosolic isozymes (Car1, Car2, Car3, and Car13), two membrane-bound isozymes (Car12 and Car14), and two CA-related proteins (Car8 and Car11) were expressed at ..
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals...
- Reibring C, El Shahawy M, Hallberg K, Kannius Janson M, Nilsson J, Parkkila S, et al. Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96007 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important information for future single or multiple gene targeting strategies aiming at deciphering the function of CAs during odontogenesis. ..