Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car1
Description: carbonic anhydrase 1
Alias: AW555628, Ca1, Car-1, carbonic anhydrase 1, CA-I, carbonate dehydratase I, carbonic anhydrase I
- Li J, Chow S. Subcellular distribution of carbonic anhydrase and Na+,K(+)-ATPase in the brain of the hyt/hyt hypothyroid mice. Neurochem Res. 1994;19:83-8 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- McClelland K, Bell K, Larney C, Harley V, Sinclair A, Oshlack A, et al. Purification and Transcriptomic Analysis of Mouse Fetal Leydig Cells Reveals Candidate Genes for Specification of Gonadal Steroidogenic Cells. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:145 pubmed publisher..In addition, it provides a basis for targeted studies designed to identify causes of idiopathic XY DSD. ..
- Fraser P, Cummings P, Curtis P. The mouse carbonic anhydrase I gene contains two tissue-specific promoters. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:3308-13 pubmedWe report the isolation and characterization of the mouse carbonic anhydrase I (CAI) gene...
- Beechey C, Tweedie S, Spurr N, Ball S, Peters J, Edwards Y. Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8. Genomics. 1990;6:692-6 pubmed
- Lowe N, Edwards Y, Edwards M, Butterworth P. Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8. Genomics. 1991;10:882-8 pubmed..These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. The genes lie in the order CA2, CA3, CA1. CA2 and CA3 are separated by 20 kb and are transcribed in the same direction, away from CA1...
- Eicher E, Stern R, Womack J, Davisson M, Roderick T, Reynolds S. Evolution of mammalian carbonic anhydrase loci by tanden duplication: close linkage of Car-1 and Car-2 to the centromere region of chromosome 3 of the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1976;14:651-60 pubmedElectrophoretic variants of two carbonic anhydrase enzymes CAR-1 (CA I) and Car-2 (CA II), have been found in the laboratory mouse, Mus musculus...
- Tetteh P, Kretzschmar K, Begthel H, van den Born M, Korving J, Morsink F, et al. Generation of an inducible colon-specific Cre enzyme mouse line for colon cancer research. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:11859-11864 pubmed..b>Carbonic anhydrase I (Car1) is a gene expressed uniquely in colonic epithelial cells...
- Davisson M, Eicher E, Green M. Genes on chromosome 3 of the mouse. J Hered. 1976;67:155-6 pubmed..The Robertsonian translocation Rb(1.3) 1Bnr was used as a marker for the centromere of Chromosome 3. The loci map is as follows: centromere-2.5cM-(Car-1, Car-2)-26cM-my. ..
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..Importantly, Car1, Car3, and Car13 showed very high expression levels in certain tissues as compared to the other CAs, suggesting ..
- Knudsen B, Miyamoto M, Laipis P, Silverman D. Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrases. Genetics. 2003;164:1261-9 pubmed..As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-effective approach for testing hypotheses, making predictions, and designing experiments in protein functional studies. ..
- von Deimling O, Schupp P, Otto J. Esterase-16 (es-16): characterization, polymorphism, and linkage to chromosome 3 of a kidney esterase locus of the house mouse. Biochem Genet. 1981;19:1091-9 pubmed..Es-16 is closely linked to Car-1 and Car-2 on chromosome 3 Typing of 94 animals of the backcross (C57BL/10Sn x M. m. mol.) F1 x M. m. mol. revealed a recombination frequency of 8.51 /+- 2.9%. ..
- Fraser P, Curtis P. Molecular evolution of the carbonic anhydrase genes: calculation of divergence time for mouse carbonic anhydrase I and II. J Mol Evol. 1986;23:294-9 pubmed..The divergence-time calculation provides the first estimation of the evolutionary relationship between CAs based entirely on nucleotide sequence comparison. ..
- Sowden J, Edwards M, Morrison K, Butterworth P, Edwards Y. Erythroid expression and DNAaseI-hypersensitive sites of the carbonic anhydrase 1 gene. Biochem J. 1992;288 ( Pt 2):545-51 pubmedThe carbonic anhydrase 1 gene is expressed in adult human and mouse erythroid cells and colon epithelia from two distinct promoters...