Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car1
Description: carbonic anhydrase 1
Alias: AW555628, Ca1, Car-1, carbonic anhydrase 1, CA-I, carbonate dehydratase I, carbonic anhydrase I
- Yamanishi H, Murakami H, Ikeda Y, Abe M, Kumagi T, Hiasa Y, et al. Regulatory dendritic cells pulsed with carbonic anhydrase I protect mice from colitis induced by CD4+CD25- T cells. J Immunol. 2012;188:2164-72 pubmed publisher..Using two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, carbonic anhydrase I (CA I) was identified as a major protein of CBA...
- Henry E, Sy C, Inclan Rico J, Espinosa V, Ghanny S, Dwyer D, et al. Carbonic anhydrase enzymes regulate mast cell-mediated inflammation. J Exp Med. 2016;213:1663-73 pubmed publisher..Further, we used CRISPR/Cas9 technology and illustrate that genetically editing Car1 is sufficient to selectively reduce mast cell development...
- Zheng Y, Wang L, Zhang W, Xu H, Chang X. Transgenic mice over-expressing carbonic anhydrase I showed aggravated joint inflammation and tissue destruction. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012;13:256 pubmed publisherStudies have demonstrated that carbonic anhydrase I (CA1) stimulates calcium salt precipitation and cell calcification, which is an essential step in new bone formation...
- Nuez B, Michalovich D, Bygrave A, Ploemacher R, Grosveld F. Defective haematopoiesis in fetal liver resulting from inactivation of the EKLF gene. Nature. 1995;375:316-8 pubmed..Enucleated erythrocytes are formed but these do not contain the proper amount of haemoglobin. We conclude that the transcription factor EKLF is essential for the final steps of definitive erythropoiesis in fetal liver. ..
- Song S, Kim A, Dale R, Dean A. Ldb1 regulates carbonic anhydrase 1 during erythroid differentiation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:885-91 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase 1 (Car1), an early specific marker of the erythroid differentiation, has been used to distinguish fetal and adult erythroid cells since its production closely follows the ?- to ?-globin transition, but the molecular ..
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..During inner ear development, transcripts of four cytosolic isozymes (Car1, Car2, Car3, and Car13), two membrane-bound isozymes (Car12 and Car14), and two CA-related proteins (Car8 and Car11)..
- Nguyen C, Singson E, Kim J, Cornelius J, Attia R, Doyle M, et al. Sjögren's syndrome-like disease of C57BL/6.NOD-Aec1 Aec2 mice: gender differences in keratoconjunctivitis sicca defined by a cross-over in the chromosome 3 Aec1 locus. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:295-307 pubmed..These data suggest SjS-like disease in the NOD mouse shows gender-specific regulation determined by autosomal genes...
- Singh U, Sun T, Shi W, Schulz R, Nuber U, Varanou A, et al. Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1034-45 pubmed..This strongly suggested that altered expression of Car2 and Ncam1 is a downstream event in placental hyperplasia. ..
- Sollerbrant K, Raschperger E, Mirza M, Engstrom U, Philipson L, Ljungdahl P, et al. The Coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) forms a complex with the PDZ domain-containing protein ligand-of-numb protein-X (LNX). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7439-44 pubmed..CAR and LNX were also shown to colocalize in vivo in mammalian cells. We speculate that CAR and LNX are part of a larger protein complex that might have important functions at discrete subcellular localizations in the cell. ..
- Li J, Chow S. Subcellular distribution of carbonic anhydrase and Na+,K(+)-ATPase in the brain of the hyt/hyt hypothyroid mice. Neurochem Res. 1994;19:83-8 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- McClelland K, Bell K, Larney C, Harley V, Sinclair A, Oshlack A, et al. Purification and Transcriptomic Analysis of Mouse Fetal Leydig Cells Reveals Candidate Genes for Specification of Gonadal Steroidogenic Cells. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:145 pubmed publisher..In addition, it provides a basis for targeted studies designed to identify causes of idiopathic XY DSD. ..
- Fraser P, Cummings P, Curtis P. The mouse carbonic anhydrase I gene contains two tissue-specific promoters. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:3308-13 pubmedWe report the isolation and characterization of the mouse carbonic anhydrase I (CAI) gene...
- Beechey C, Tweedie S, Spurr N, Ball S, Peters J, Edwards Y. Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8. Genomics. 1990;6:692-6 pubmed
- Lowe N, Edwards Y, Edwards M, Butterworth P. Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8. Genomics. 1991;10:882-8 pubmed..These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. The genes lie in the order CA2, CA3, CA1. CA2 and CA3 are separated by 20 kb and are transcribed in the same direction, away from CA1...
- Eicher E, Stern R, Womack J, Davisson M, Roderick T, Reynolds S. Evolution of mammalian carbonic anhydrase loci by tanden duplication: close linkage of Car-1 and Car-2 to the centromere region of chromosome 3 of the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1976;14:651-60 pubmedElectrophoretic variants of two carbonic anhydrase enzymes CAR-1 (CA I) and Car-2 (CA II), have been found in the laboratory mouse, Mus musculus...
- Tetteh P, Kretzschmar K, Begthel H, van den Born M, Korving J, Morsink F, et al. Generation of an inducible colon-specific Cre enzyme mouse line for colon cancer research. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:11859-11864 pubmed..b>Carbonic anhydrase I (Car1) is a gene expressed uniquely in colonic epithelial cells...
- Davisson M, Eicher E, Green M. Genes on chromosome 3 of the mouse. J Hered. 1976;67:155-6 pubmed..The Robertsonian translocation Rb(1.3) 1Bnr was used as a marker for the centromere of Chromosome 3. The loci map is as follows: centromere-2.5cM-(Car-1, Car-2)-26cM-my. ..
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..Importantly, Car1, Car3, and Car13 showed very high expression levels in certain tissues as compared to the other CAs, suggesting ..
- Knudsen B, Miyamoto M, Laipis P, Silverman D. Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrases. Genetics. 2003;164:1261-9 pubmed..As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-effective approach for testing hypotheses, making predictions, and designing experiments in protein functional studies. ..
- von Deimling O, Schupp P, Otto J. Esterase-16 (es-16): characterization, polymorphism, and linkage to chromosome 3 of a kidney esterase locus of the house mouse. Biochem Genet. 1981;19:1091-9 pubmed..Es-16 is closely linked to Car-1 and Car-2 on chromosome 3 Typing of 94 animals of the backcross (C57BL/10Sn x M. m. mol.) F1 x M. m. mol. revealed a recombination frequency of 8.51 /+- 2.9%. ..
- Fraser P, Curtis P. Molecular evolution of the carbonic anhydrase genes: calculation of divergence time for mouse carbonic anhydrase I and II. J Mol Evol. 1986;23:294-9 pubmed..The divergence-time calculation provides the first estimation of the evolutionary relationship between CAs based entirely on nucleotide sequence comparison. ..
- Sowden J, Edwards M, Morrison K, Butterworth P, Edwards Y. Erythroid expression and DNAaseI-hypersensitive sites of the carbonic anhydrase 1 gene. Biochem J. 1992;288 ( Pt 2):545-51 pubmedThe carbonic anhydrase 1 gene is expressed in adult human and mouse erythroid cells and colon epithelia from two distinct promoters...