Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cadps2
Description: Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion 2
Alias: A230044C21Rik, Caps-2, Caps2, Cpd2, calcium-dependent secretion activator 2, cerebellum postnatal development associated protein 2
- Liu Y, Schirra C, Stevens D, Matti U, Speidel D, Hof D, et al. CAPS facilitates filling of the rapidly releasable pool of large dense-core vesicles. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5594-601 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CAPS is required for the adequate refilling and/or maintenance of a rapidly releasable granule pool. ..
- Sadakata T, Washida M, Iwayama Y, Shoji S, Sato Y, Ohkura T, et al. Autistic-like phenotypes in Cadps2-knockout mice and aberrant CADPS2 splicing in autistic patients. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:931-43 pubmed..Ca(2+)-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CADPS2; also known as CAPS2) mediates the exocytosis of dense-core vesicles, and the human CADPS2 is located within the ..
- Sadakata T, Washida M, Morita N, Furuichi T. Tissue distribution of Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion family members CAPS1 and CAPS2 in mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:301-11 pubmed..CAPS1/CADPS1 and CAPS2/CADPS2 have been identified in mammals...
- Sadakata T, Itakura M, Kozaki S, Sekine Y, Takahashi M, Furuichi T. Differential distributions of the Ca2+ -dependent activator protein for secretion family proteins (CAPS2 and CAPS1) in the mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2006;495:735-53 pubmedThe Ca(2+)-dependent activator protein for secretion (CAPS/Cadps) family consists of two members, CAPS1 and CAPS2, and plays an important role in secretory granule exocytosis...
- Sadakata T, Mizoguchi A, Sato Y, Katoh Semba R, Fukuda M, Mikoshiba K, et al. The secretory granule-associated protein CAPS2 regulates neurotrophin release and cell survival. J Neurosci. 2004;24:43-52 pubmed..cerebellum, which turned out to be a paralog of CAPS (Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion), and named CAPS2. CAPS2 is enriched on vesicular structures of presynaptic parallel fiber terminals of granule cells connecting ..
- Speidel D, Varoqueaux F, Enk C, Nojiri M, Grishanin R, Martin T, et al. A family of Ca2+-dependent activator proteins for secretion: comparative analysis of structure, expression, localization, and function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52802-9 pubmed..study, we report the identification, cloning, and comparative characterization of a second mammalian CAPS isoform, CAPS2. The structure of CAPS2 and its function in LDCV exocytosis from PC12 cells are very similar to those of CAPS1...
- Vogl C, Cooper B, Neef J, Wojcik S, Reim K, Reisinger E, et al. Unconventional molecular regulation of synaptic vesicle replenishment in cochlear inner hair cells. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:638-44 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IHCs use an unconventional priming machinery that involves otoferlin. ..
- Crawley J. Translational animal models of autism and neurodevelopmental disorders. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2012;14:293-305 pubmed..The field is now poised to employ the most robust phenotypes in the most replicable mouse models for preclinical screening of novel therapeutics. ..
- Sadakata T, Sekine Y, Oka M, Itakura M, Takahashi M, Furuichi T. Calcium-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 interacts with the class II ARF small GTPases and regulates dense-core vesicle trafficking. FEBS J. 2012;279:384-94 pubmed publisherThe Ca(2+) -dependent activator protein for secretion (CAPS) family consists of two members (CAPS1 and CAPS2) and regulates the exocytosis of catecholamine-containing or neuropeptide-containing dense-core vesicles (DCVs) at secretion ..
- Hamatake M, Miyazaki N, Sudo K, Matsuda M, Sadakata T, Furuya A, et al. Phase advance of the light-dark cycle perturbs diurnal rhythms of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 protein levels, which reduces synaptophysin-positive presynaptic terminals in the cortex of juvenile rats. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21478-87 pubmed publisher..In the latter mice, no diurnal variation in BDNF levels was observed. These results indicate that regular rhythms of BDNF and NT-3 are essential for correct cortical network formation in juvenile rodents. ..
- Sadakata T, Furuichi T. Ca(2+)-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 and autistic-like phenotypes. Neurosci Res. 2010;67:197-202 pubmed publisherCa(2+)-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CAPS2 or CADPS2) regulates dense-core vesicle (DCV) exocytosis...
- Burgalossi A, Jung S, Meyer G, Jockusch W, Jahn O, Taschenberger H, et al. SNARE protein recycling by ?SNAP and ?SNAP supports synaptic vesicle priming. Neuron. 2010;68:473-87 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of ?- and ?SNAP deletion mutant neurons shows that the two NSF cofactors support synaptic vesicle priming by determining the availability of free SNARE components, particularly during phases of high synaptic activity. ..
- Liu Y, Schirra C, Edelmann L, Matti U, Rhee J, Hof D, et al. Two distinct secretory vesicle-priming steps in adrenal chromaffin cells. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:1067-77 pubmed publisher..Either CAPS1 or CAPS2 can rescue secretion in cells lacking both CAPS isoforms...
- Speidel D, Salehi A, Obermueller S, Lundquist I, Brose N, Renstrom E, et al. CAPS1 and CAPS2 regulate stability and recruitment of insulin granules in mouse pancreatic beta cells. Cell Metab. 2008;7:57-67 pubmed publisherCAPS1 and CAPS2 regulate dense-core vesicle release of transmitters and hormones in neuroendocrine cells, but their precise roles in the secretory process remain enigmatic...
- Dubois S, Waldmann T, Müller J. Survival adjustment of mature dendritic cells by IL-15. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8662-7 pubmed..These findings support the hypothesis that DCs mediate the effect of IL-15 on CD8+/CD44(hi) memory phenotype T cells. ..
- Sadakata T, Shinoda Y, Oka M, Sekine Y, Furuichi T. Autistic-like behavioral phenotypes in a mouse model with copy number variation of the CAPS2/CADPS2 gene. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:54-9 pubmed publisherCa²?-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CAPS2 or CADPS2) facilitates secretion and trafficking of dense-core vesicles...
- Sadakata T, Kakegawa W, Shinoda Y, Hosono M, Katoh Semba R, Sekine Y, et al. Axonal localization of Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 is critical for subcellular locality of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 release affecting proper development of postnatal mouse cerebellum. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99524 pubmed publisherCa2+-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CAPS2) is a protein that is essential for enhanced release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) from cerebellar granule cells...
- Farina M, van de Bospoort R, He E, Persoon C, van Weering J, Broeke J, et al. CAPS-1 promotes fusion competence of stationary dense-core vesicles in presynaptic terminals of mammalian neurons. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..These data indicate that CAPS-1 promotes fusion competence of immobile (tethered) DCVs in presynaptic terminals and that CAPS-1 localization to DCVs is probably not essential for this role. ..
- Holmfeldt P, Ganuza M, Marathe H, He B, Hall T, Kang G, et al. Functional screen identifies regulators of murine hematopoietic stem cell repopulation. J Exp Med. 2016;213:433-49 pubmed publisher..We identified 17 regulators of HSPC repopulation: Arhgef5, Armcx1, Cadps2, Crispld1, Emcn, Foxa3, Fstl1, Glis2, Gprasp2, Gpr56, Myct1, Nbea, P2ry14, Smarca2, Sox4, Stat4, and Zfp251...
- Sadakata T, Shinoda Y, Ishizaki Y, Furuichi T. Analysis of gene expression in Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (Cadps2) knockout cerebellum using GeneChip and KEGG pathways. Neurosci Lett. 2017;639:88-93 pubmed publisherIn the mouse cerebellum, Ca2+-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CADPS2, CAPS2) is involved in regulated secretion from dense-core vesicles (DCVs), which contain neuropeptides including brain-derived neurotrophic ..
- Walter A, Müller R, Tawfik B, Wierda K, Pinheiro P, Nadler A, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate optical uncaging potentiates exocytosis. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Thus, optical uncaging of signaling lipids can uncover their rapid effects on cellular processes and identify lipid effectors. ..