Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacnb2
Description: calcium channel, voltage-dependent, beta 2 subunit
Alias: AW060387, CAB2, Cavbeta2, Cchb2, voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit beta-2, voltage-gated calcium channel beta2 subunit transcript variant X13
- Murakami M, Aoyama M, Suzuki T, Sasano H, Nakayama S, Iijima T. Genetic characterization of a new splice variant of the beta2 subunit of the voltage-dependent calcium channel. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;254:217-25 pubmed..Other beta3 subunits, such as beta3 and beta4, significantly increased the peak current and accelerated current inactivation. ..
- Kim D, Park Y, Jang D, Suh B. Dynamic phospholipid interaction of Î²2e subunit regulates the gating of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels. J Gen Physiol. 2015;145:529-41 pubmed publisher..The phospholipid-protein interaction observed here provides structural insight into mechanisms of membrane-protein association and the role of phospholipids in ion channel regulation. ..
- Katiyar R, Weissgerber P, Roth E, DÃ¶rr J, Sothilingam V, Garcia Garrido M, et al. Influence of the Î²2-Subunit of L-Type Voltage-Gated Cav Channels on the Structural and Functional Development of Photoreceptor Ribbon Synapses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:2312-24 pubmed publisherThe cacnb2 gene encodes the Î²2 subunit (CavÎ²2) of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels in photoreceptors, and its targeted deletion in mice has previously been shown to cause altered retinal morphology and synaptic transmission...
- Serikov V, Bodi I, Koch S, Muth J, Mikala G, Martinov S, et al. Mice with cardiac-specific sequestration of the beta-subunit of the L-type calcium channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1405-11 pubmed..In contrast, beta1 and beta3 in skeletal muscle and brain, the predominant isoforms in these tissues, respectively, are membrane bound. ..
- Wakana S, Sugaya E, Naramoto F, Yokote N, Maruyama C, Jin W, et al. Gene mapping of SEZ group genes and determination of pentylenetetrazol susceptible quantitative trait loci in the mouse chromosome. Brain Res. 2000;857:286-90 pubmed..Since epilepsy is assumed to be a disease syndrome which is probably manifested by abnormal expression of multifocal genes, determination of the role of each chromosomal locus in the provocation of seizure activity is important. ..
- Lee A, Wang S, Williams B, Hagen J, Scheetz T, Haeseleer F. Characterization of Cav1.4 complexes (Î±11.4, Î²2, and Î±2Î´4) in HEK293T cells and in the retina. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:1505-21 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first detailed functional analysis of the Cav1.4 subunits that form native photoreceptor Cav1.4 channels and indicate potential heterogeneity in these channels conferred by Î²2a and Î²2X13 variants. ..
- Bodrikov V, Sytnyk V, Leshchyns ka I, den Hertog J, Schachner M. NCAM induces CaMKIIalpha-mediated RPTPalpha phosphorylation to enhance its catalytic activity and neurite outgrowth. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1185-200 pubmed publisher..Thus, we reveal a novel function for a cell adhesion molecule in coordination of cell behavior with intracellular phosphatase activity. ..
- Jha A, Singh A, Weissgerber P, Freichel M, Flockerzi V, Flavell R, et al. Essential roles for CavÎ²2 and Cav1 channels in thymocyte development and T cell homeostasis. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra103 pubmed publisher..In mice, T cell-specific deletion of the gene encoding the Î²2 regulatory subunit of Cav channels (Cacnb2) reduced the abundances of the channels Cav1.2 and Cav1...
- Link S, Meissner M, Held B, Beck A, Weissgerber P, Freichel M, et al. Diversity and developmental expression of L-type calcium channel beta2 proteins and their influence on calcium current in murine heart. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30129-37 pubmed publisherBy now, little is known on L-type calcium channel (LTCC) subunits expressed in mouse heart. We show that CaVbeta2 proteins are the major CaVbeta components of the LTCC in embryonic and adult mouse heart, but that in embryonic heart ..
- Meissner M, Weissgerber P, Londoño J, Prenen J, Link S, Ruppenthal S, et al. Moderate calcium channel dysfunction in adult mice with inducible cardiomyocyte-specific excision of the cacnb2 gene. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15875-82 pubmed publisher..Here we conditionally excised the Ca(V)?2 gene (cacnb2) specifically in cardiac myocytes of adult mice (KO)...
- Frank T, Rutherford M, Strenzke N, Neef A, Pangrsic T, Khimich D, et al. Bassoon and the synaptic ribbon organize Ca²+ channels and vesicles to add release sites and promote refilling. Neuron. 2010;68:724-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Bassoon and the ribbon (1) create a large number of release sites by organizing Ca²+ channels and vesicles, and (2) promote vesicle replenishment. ..
- Neef J, Gehrt A, Bulankina A, Meyer A, Riedel D, Gregg R, et al. The Ca2+ channel subunit beta2 regulates Ca2+ channel abundance and function in inner hair cells and is required for hearing. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10730-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, Ca(V)beta(2) has an essential role in regulating the abundance and properties of Ca(V)1.3 channels in IHCs and, thereby, is critical for IHC development and synaptic encoding of sound. ..
- Vergnes L, Lee J, Chin R, Auwerx J, Reue K. Diet1 functions in the FGF15/19 enterohepatic signaling axis to modulate bile acid and lipid levels. Cell Metab. 2013;17:916-28 pubmed publisher..Diet1 and FGF19 proteins exhibited overlapping subcellular localization in cultured intestinal cells. These results establish Diet1 as a control point in enterohepatic bile acid signaling and lipid homeostasis. ..
- Correll R, Makarewich C, Zhang H, Zhang C, Sargent M, York A, et al. Caveolae-localized L-type Ca2+ channels do not contribute to function or hypertrophic signalling in the mouse heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:749-759 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that LTCCs in the caveolae microdomain do not affect cardiac function and are not necessary for the regulation of hypertrophic signaling in the adult mouse heart. ..
- Schlick B, Flucher B, Obermair G. Voltage-activated calcium channel expression profiles in mouse brain and cultured hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience. 2010;167:786-98 pubmed publisher..Developmental changes are likely determined by an intrinsic program and not regulated by changes in neuronal activity. ..
- Pankonien I, Otto A, Dascal N, Morano I, Haase H. Ahnak1 interaction is affected by phosphorylation of Ser-296 on Cav??. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:184-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that this phosphorylation event is one mechanism underlying ahnak1's modulator function on Cav1.2 channel activity. ..
- Brandmayr J, Poomvanicha M, Domes K, Ding J, Blaich A, Wegener J, et al. Deletion of the C-terminal phosphorylation sites in the cardiac ?-subunit does not affect the basic ?-adrenergic response of the heart and the Ca(v)1.2 channel. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22584-92 pubmed publisher..targeted mutation of the Ca(v)?(2) gene by insertion of a stop codon after proline 501 in exon 14 (mouse sequence Cacnb2; ?Stop mouse)...
- Weissgerber P, Held B, Bloch W, Kaestner L, Chien K, Fleischmann B, et al. Reduced cardiac L-type Ca2+ current in Ca(V)beta2-/- embryos impairs cardiac development and contraction with secondary defects in vascular maturation. Circ Res. 2006;99:749-57 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly support the essential role of L-type Ca2+ channel activity in cardiomyocytes for normal heart development and function and that this is a prerequisite for proper maturation of the vasculature. ..
- Marmorstein L, Wu J, McLaughlin P, Yocom J, Karl M, Neussert R, et al. The light peak of the electroretinogram is dependent on voltage-gated calcium channels and antagonized by bestrophin (best-1). J Gen Physiol. 2006;127:577-89 pubmed..Furthermore, we suggest that the loss of vision associated with BMD is not caused by the same pathologic process as the diminished LP, but rather is caused by as yet unidentified effects of best-1 on other cellular processes. ..
- Acosta L, Haase H, Morano I, Moorman A, Franco D. Regional expression of L-type calcium channel subunits during cardiac development. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:131-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that beta subunits might play a major role in conferring calcium handling heterogeneity within the developing embryonic myocardium, while alpha1C subunits might contribute just transiently. ..
- Nariyama M, Shimizu K, Uematsu T, Maeda T. Identification of chromosomes associated with dental caries susceptibility using quantitative trait locus analysis in mice. Caries Res. 2004;38:79-84 pubmed..These results suggest that major gene(s) responsible for dental caries susceptibility or resistance are located in one or more of these regions. ..
- Taviaux S, Williams M, Harpold M, Nargeot J, Lory P. Assignment of human genes for beta 2 and beta 4 subunits of voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels to chromosomes 10p12 and 2q22-q23. Hum Genet. 1997;100:151-4 pubmed..b>CACNB2 (beta 2) and CACNB4 (beta 4), to human chromosomes 10p12 and 2q22-q23, respectively, by fluorescence in situ ..
- Girard L, Hanna Z, Beaulieu N, Hoemann C, Simard C, Kozak C, et al. Frequent provirus insertional mutagenesis of Notch1 in thymomas of MMTVD/myc transgenic mice suggests a collaboration of c-myc and Notch1 for oncogenesis. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1930-44 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that Notch1 alleles mutated by provirus insertion can lead to increased expression of truncated and full-length (330/280-kD) Notch1 proteins, both being produced in a cleaved and uncleaved form. ..
- Kim D, Kweon H, Park Y, Jang D, Suh B. Ca2+ controls gating of voltage-gated calcium channels by releasing the Î²2e subunit from the plasma membrane. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra67 pubmed publisher..2 currents. Many hormone- or neurotransmitter-activated receptors stimulate PIP2 hydrolysis and increase cytosolic Ca(2+); thus, our findings suggest that Î²2e may integrate such receptor-mediated signals to limit Cav activity. ..
- Ortiz Miranda S, Ji R, Jurczyk A, Aryee K, Mo S, Fletcher T, et al. A novel transgenic mouse model of lysosomal storage disorder. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;311:G903-G919 pubmed publisher..Lesions were limited to mice homozygous for transgene and independent of native Cacnb2 genomic copy number...
- Massa E, Kelly K, Yule D, Macdonald R, Uhler M. Comparison of fura-2 imaging and electrophysiological analysis of murine calcium channel alpha 1 subunits coexpressed with novel beta 2 subunit isoforms. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;47:707-16 pubmed..These experiments suggested that coexpression of the alpha 1 and beta 2 subunits produced functional dihydropyridine-sensitive Ca2+ channels and that both beta subunit isoforms had modulatory effects on these channels. ..
- Read D, McCall M, Gregg R. Absence of voltage-dependent calcium channels delays photoreceptor degeneration in rd mice. Exp Eye Res. 2002;75:415-20 pubmed..These data indicate that Ca(2+) entry via the L-type voltage-dependent Ca(2+) channel contributes to the mechanisms responsible for photoreceptor cell death in this mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa. ..
- Freise D, Himmerkus N, Schroth G, Trost C, Weissgerber P, Freichel M, et al. Mutations of calcium channel beta subunit genes in mice. Biol Chem. 1999;380:897-902 pubmed..Here we summarize the phenotype of mice deficient in the beta1 subunit, the beta3 subunit or the beta4 subunit, respectively. ..