Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C1galt1
Description: core 1 synthase, glycoprotein-N-acetylgalactosamine 3-beta-galactosyltransferase, 1
Alias: 2210410E06Rik, AV284120, T-synthase, glycoprotein-N-acetylgalactosamine 3-beta-galactosyltransferase 1, T-syn, core 1 O-glycan T-synthase, core 1 UDP-galactose:N-acetylgalactosamine-alpha-R beta 1,3-galactosyltransferase 1, core 1 beta1,3-galactosyltransferase 1, core 1 beta3-Gal-T, core 1 beta3-Gal-T1, core1 UDP-galactose:N-acetylgalactosamine-alpha-R beta 1,3-galactosyltransferase 1
- Jacobs J, Lin L, Goudarzi M, Ruegger P, McGovern D, Fornace A, et al. Microbial, metabolomic, and immunologic dynamics in a relapsing genetic mouse model of colitis induced by T-synthase deficiency. Gut Microbes. 2017;8:1-16 pubmed publisher..We explored this question using mice with intestine-specific deletion of C1galt1 (also known as T-synthase) (Tsyn mice)...
- Grasa P, Sheikh S, Krzys N, Millar K, Janjua S, Nawaggi P, et al. Dysregulation of follicle development in a mouse model of premature ovarian insufficiency. Reproduction. 2016;152:591-601 pubmed..mouse model of follicular POI, the Double Mutant (DM), arises from oocyte-specific deletion of Mgat1 and C1galt1 required for the generation of O- and N-glycans...
- Kudo T, Sato T, Hagiwara K, Kozuma Y, Yamaguchi T, Ikehara Y, et al. C1galt1-deficient mice exhibit thrombocytopenia due to abnormal terminal differentiation of megakaryocytes. Blood. 2013;122:1649-57 pubmed publisherb>C1galt1 is essential for synthesis of the core 1 structure of mucin-type O-glycans...
- Alexander W, Viney E, Zhang J, Metcalf D, Kauppi M, Hyland C, et al. Thrombocytopenia and kidney disease in mice with a mutation in the C1galt1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16442-7 pubmed..loss-of-function mutation in the gene encoding glycoprotein-N-acetylgalactosamine-3-beta-galactosyltransferase (C1GalT1), an enzyme essential for the synthesis of extended mucin-type O-glycans...
- Batista F, Lu L, Williams S, Stanley P. Complex N-glycans are essential, but core 1 and 2 mucin O-glycans, O-fucose glycans, and NOTCH1 are dispensable, for mammalian spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:179 pubmed publisher..roles in spermatogenesis for major subclasses of N- and O-glycans and Notch signaling, male mice carrying floxed C1galt1, Pofut1, Notch1 or Mgat1 alleles and a testis-specific Cre recombinase transgene were generated...
- Sommer F, Adam N, Johansson M, Xia L, Hansson G, Backhed F. Altered mucus glycosylation in core 1 O-glycan-deficient mice affects microbiota composition and intestinal architecture. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85254 pubmed publisher..Thus, the mucus layer plays a role in the regulation of gut microbiota composition, balancing intestinal inflammation, and affects gut architecture. ..
- Pan Y, Yago T, Fu J, Herzog B, McDaniel J, Mehta D souza P, et al. Podoplanin requires sialylated O-glycans for stable expression on lymphatic endothelial cells and for interaction with platelets. Blood. 2014;124:3656-65 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that sialylated O-glycans of PDPN are essential for platelet adhesion and prevent PDPN from proteolytic degradation primarily mediated by MMPs in the lymph. ..
- Grasa P, Ploutarchou P, Williams S. Oocytes lacking O-glycans alter follicle development and increase fertility by increasing follicle FSH sensitivity, decreasing apoptosis, and modifying GDF9:BMP15 expression. FASEB J. 2015;29:525-39 pubmed publisher..Here we analyze the basis of this phenotype using Mutant [core 1 Î²1,3-galactosyltransferase 1 (C1galt1)(FF):zona pellucida glycoprotein 3 Cre (ZP3Cre)] and Control (C1galt1(FF)) female mice...
- Ploutarchou P, Melo P, Day A, Milner C, Williams S. Molecular analysis of the cumulus matrix: insights from mice with O-glycan-deficient oocytes. Reproduction. 2015;149:533-43 pubmed publisher..In contrast to other in vivo models where modified expansion impairs fertility, the cumulus mass of C1galt1 Mutants, which have oocyte-specific deletion of core 1-derived O-glycans, is modified without impairing fertility...
- Xia L, McEver R. Targeted disruption of the gene encoding core 1 beta1-3-galactosyltransferase (T-synthase) causes embryonic lethality and defective angiogenesis in mice. Methods Enzymol. 2006;416:314-31 pubmed..These data reveal an unexpected requirement for core 1-derived O-glycans during angiogenesis. ..
- Miner J, Shao B, Wang Y, Chichili G, Liu Z, Klopocki A, et al. Cytoplasmic domain of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 facilitates dimerization and export from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9577-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the cytoplasmic domain provides a key signal to export precursors of PSGL-1 from the ER to the Golgi apparatus en route to the cell surface. ..
- Grasa P, Kaune H, Williams S. Embryos generated from oocytes lacking complex N- and O-glycans have compromised development and implantation. Reproduction. 2012;144:455-65 pubmed publisher..we investigate the basis of the small litter by evaluating ovulation rate and embryo development in DM (Mgat1(F/F)C1galt1(F/F):ZP3Cre) and Control (Mgat1(F/F)C1galt1(F/F)) females...
- Liu C, Hu R, Huang M, Lai I, Chen C, Lai H, et al. C1GALT1 promotes invasive phenotypes of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by modulating integrin ?1 glycosylation and activity. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94995 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that core 1 ?1,3-galactosyltransferase (C1GALT1) is frequently overexpressed in HCC tumors and its expression is associated with advanced tumor stage, metastasis,..
- Gao N, Bergstrom K, Fu J, Xie B, Chen W, Xia L. Loss of intestinal O-glycans promotes spontaneous duodenal tumors. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;311:G74-83 pubmed publisher..Using mice lacking intestinal core 1- and core 3-derived O-glycans [intestinal epithelial cell C1galt1(-/-);C3GnT(-/-) or double knockout (DKO)], we found that loss of O-glycans predisposes DKO mice to spontaneous ..