Genomes and Genes
brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1
Gene Symbol: brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1
Description: adhesion G protein-coupled receptor B1
Alias: B830018M07Rik, Bai1, R75078, mKIAA4089, adhesion G protein-coupled receptor B1, brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1
Products: brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1
- Das S, Owen K, Ly K, Park D, Black S, Wilson J, et al. Brain angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1) is a pattern recognition receptor that mediates macrophage binding and engulfment of Gram-negative bacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2136-41 pubmed publisher..Brain angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1) is a receptor that recognizes apoptotic cells through its conserved type I thrombospondin repeats and triggers ..
- Ozkan A, Bicer A, Avsar T, Seker A, Toktas Z, Bozkurt S, et al. Temporal expression analysis of angiogenesis-related genes in brain development. Vasc Cell. 2012;4:16 pubmed publisher..b>Bai1 (brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor-1), a recently identified novel anti-angiogenic gene, has been selected for ..
- Duman J, Tzeng C, Tu Y, Munjal T, Schwechter B, Ho T, et al. The adhesion-GPCR BAI1 regulates synaptogenesis by controlling the recruitment of the Par3/Tiam1 polarity complex to synaptic sites. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6964-78 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1) as a synaptic adhesion GPCR that is required for spinogenesis and synaptogenesis in mice and rats...
- Hochreiter Hufford A, Lee C, Kinchen J, Sokolowski J, Arandjelovic S, Call J, et al. Phosphatidylserine receptor BAI1 and apoptotic cells as new promoters of myoblast fusion. Nature. 2013;497:263-7 pubmed publisher..Here we report an unexpected discovery that the membrane protein BAI1, previously linked to recognition of apoptotic cells by phagocytes, promotes myoblast fusion...
- Zhu D, Li C, Swanson A, Villalba R, Guo J, Zhang Z, et al. BAI1 regulates spatial learning and synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1497-508 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrated that mice lacking brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1) have severe deficits in hippocampus-dependent spatial learning and memory that are accompanied by enhanced long-..
- Fond A, Lee C, Schulman I, Kiss R, Ravichandran K. Apoptotic cells trigger a membrane-initiated pathway to increase ABCA1. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2748-58 pubmed publisher..This pathway involves the phagocytic receptor brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 (BAI1), which recognizes phosphatidylserine on apoptotic cells, and the intracellular signaling intermediates engulfment ..
- Lee C, Penberthy K, Wheeler K, Juncadella I, Vandenabeele P, Lysiak J, et al. Boosting Apoptotic Cell Clearance by Colonic Epithelial Cells Attenuates Inflammation In Vivo. Immunity. 2016;44:807-20 pubmed publisher..In a colonic inflammation model, we noted that the expression of the phagocytic receptor Bai1 was progressively downmodulated...