Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bmpr1b
Description: bone morphogenetic protein receptor, type 1B
Alias: AI385617, ALK-6, AV355320, Acvrlk6, Alk6, BMPR-1B, BMPR-IB, CFK-43a, SKR6, bone morphogenetic protein receptor type-1B, BMP type-1B receptor, activin receptor-like kinase 6, serine/threonine-protein kinase receptor R6
- Seemann P, Schwappacher R, Kjaer K, Krakow D, Lehmann K, Dawson K, et al. Activating and deactivating mutations in the receptor interaction site of GDF5 cause symphalangism or brachydactyly type A2. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2373-81 pubmed..and symphalangism (R438L), conditions previously associated with mutations in the GDF5 receptor bone morphogenetic protein receptor type 1b (BMPR1B) and the BMP antagonist NOGGIN, respectively...
- Dymecki S. Flp recombinase promotes site-specific DNA recombination in embryonic stem cells and transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6191-6 pubmed..These properties indicate that Flp can be exploited to make prescribed alterations in the mouse genome. ..
- ten Dijke P, Yamashita H, Sampath T, Reddi A, Estevez M, Riddle D, et al. Identification of type I receptors for osteogenic protein-1 and bone morphogenetic protein-4. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16985-8 pubmed..These results suggest that ALK-3 and ALK-6 are type I receptors for OP-1 and BMP-4; in addition, ALK-2 is a type I receptor shared by activin and OP-1, but not by BMP-4. ..
- Caronia G, Wilcoxon J, Feldman P, Grove E. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling in the developing telencephalon controls formation of the hippocampal dentate gyrus and modifies fear-related behavior. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6291-301 pubmed publisher..We therefore generated mice that were deficient in Bmpr1b constitutively, and deficient in Bmpr1a conditionally in the dorsal telencephalon...
- Wakabayashi J, Zhang Z, Wakabayashi N, Tamura Y, Fukaya M, Kensler T, et al. The dynamin-related GTPase Drp1 is required for embryonic and brain development in mice. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:805-16 pubmed publisher..These findings clearly demonstrate the physiological importance of Drp1-mediated organelle division in mice. ..
- Andl T, Ahn K, Kairo A, Chu E, Wine Lee L, Reddy S, et al. Epithelial Bmpr1a regulates differentiation and proliferation in postnatal hair follicles and is essential for tooth development. Development. 2004;131:2257-68 pubmed..These results provide definitive genetic evidence that epithelial Bmpr1a is required for completion of tooth morphogenesis, and regulates terminal differentiation and proliferation in postnatal hair follicles. ..
- Yamaji N, Celeste A, Thies R, Song J, Bernier S, Goltzman D, et al. A mammalian serine/threonine kinase receptor specifically binds BMP-2 and BMP-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1944-51 pubmed..During embryogenesis, in situ hybridization analysis indicates that CFK-43a mRNA is localized in developing skeletal tissues in a complementary fashion to the transcripts for its ligands. ..
- Ishidou Y, Kitajima I, Obama H, Maruyama I, Murata F, Imamura T, et al. Enhanced expression of type I receptors for bone morphogenetic proteins during bone formation. J Bone Miner Res. 1995;10:1651-9 pubmed..The present data suggest that expression of BMP type I receptors is up-regulated during bone formation, and that they may play important roles in bone morphogenesis. ..
- Muñoz Espín D, Canamero M, Maraver A, Gomez Lopez G, Contreras J, Murillo Cuesta S, et al. Programmed cell senescence during mammalian embryonic development. Cell. 2013;155:1104-18 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the role of developmentally programmed senescence is to promote tissue remodeling and propose that this is the evolutionary origin of damage-induced senescence. ..
- Keng V, Yae K, Hayakawa T, Mizuno S, Uno Y, Yusa K, et al. Region-specific saturation germline mutagenesis in mice using the Sleeping Beauty transposon system. Nat Methods. 2005;2:763-9 pubmed..All genes within a 4-Mb region of the original donor site were mutated by SB, indicating the potential of this system for functional genomic studies within a specific chromosomal region. ..
- Berenjeno I, Piñeiro R, Castillo S, Pearce W, McGranahan N, Dewhurst S, et al. Oncogenic PIK3CA induces centrosome amplification and tolerance to genome doubling. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1773 pubmed publisher..While this can limit the impact of PI3K-targeted therapies, these findings also open the opportunity for therapeutic approaches aimed at limiting tumour heterogeneity and evolution. ..
- Durand C, Robin C, Bollerot K, Baron M, Ottersbach K, Dzierzak E. Embryonic stromal clones reveal developmental regulators of definitive hematopoietic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20838-43 pubmed..We suggest that Bmp4 plays a relatively late role in the regulation of HSCs as they emerge in the midgestation AGM...
- Jung B, Padula D, Burtscher I, Landerer C, Lutter D, Theis F, et al. Pitchfork and Gprasp2 Target Smoothened to the Primary Cilium for Hedgehog Pathway Activation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149477 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify a novel protein complex that is regulated by Hh signaling and required for Smo ciliary trafficking and Hh pathway activation. ..
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Differential expression of BMP receptors in early mouse development. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:541-9 pubmed..In postimplantation embryos BMPR-II transcripts were first detected from 6.0 days post coitum. In situ hybridization analysis revealed that BMPR-II mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in the entire embryo at least until midgestation. ..
- Wu M, Li J, Engleka K, Zhou B, Lu M, Plotkin J, et al. Persistent expression of Pax3 in the neural crest causes cleft palate and defective osteogenesis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2076-87 pubmed publisher..These studies provide in vivo evidence for the importance of Pax3 downregulation during differentiation of multipotent neural crest precursors and cranial development. ..
- Kaps C, Hoffmann A, Zilberman Y, Pelled G, Häupl T, Sittinger M, et al. Distinct roles of BMP receptors Type IA and IB in osteo-/chondrogenic differentiation in mesenchymal progenitors (C3H10T1/2). Biofactors. 2004;20:71-84 pubmed..In addition this indicates that type IB and IA BMP receptors may transmit different signals during the specification and differentiation of mesenchymal lineages. ..
- Visser J, Olaso R, Verhoef Post M, Kramer P, Themmen A, Ingraham H. The serine/threonine transmembrane receptor ALK2 mediates Müllerian inhibiting substance signaling. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:936-45 pubmed..In contrast, ALK6, the other candidate MIS type I receptor, was not required...
- Fox E, Biddinger J, Baquet Z, Jones K, McAdams J. Loss of neurotrophin-3 from smooth muscle disrupts vagal gastrointestinal afferent signaling and satiation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;305:R1307-22 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of a role for GI NT-3 in short-term controls of feeding, most likely involving effects on development of vagal GI afferents that regulate satiation. ..
- Hanashima C, Fernandes M, Hebert J, Fishell G. The role of Foxg1 and dorsal midline signaling in the generation of Cajal-Retzius subtypes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11103-11 pubmed
- Ohba S, Ikeda T, Kugimiya F, Yano F, Lichtler A, Nakamura K, et al. Identification of a potent combination of osteogenic genes for bone regeneration using embryonic stem (ES) cell-based sensor. FASEB J. 2007;21:1777-87 pubmed..Thus, we successfully identified the potent combination of genes for bone regeneration, which helped broaden cell sources. ..
- Self M, Geng X, Oliver G. Six2 activity is required for the formation of the mammalian pyloric sphincter. Dev Biol. 2009;334:409-17 pubmed publisher..g., Bmp4, Bmpr1b, Nkx2.5, Sox9, and Gremlin) also appear to be required for the formation of this structure in mammals...
- Andree M, Seeger J, Schüll S, Coutelle O, Wagner Stippich D, Wiegmann K, et al. BID-dependent release of mitochondrial SMAC dampens XIAP-mediated immunity against Shigella. EMBO J. 2014;33:2171-87 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate how the cellular death machinery can be subverted by an invasive pathogen to ensure bacterial colonization. ..
- Liu C, Bickford L, Held R, Nyitrai H, SÃ¼dhof T, Kaeser P. The active zone protein family ELKS supports Ca2+ influx at nerve terminals of inhibitory hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2014;34:12289-303 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that ELKS is required for normal Ca(2+) influx at nerve terminals of inhibitory hippocampal neurons. ..
- Huang B, Trofka A, Furusawa A, Norrie J, Rabinowitz A, Vokes S, et al. An interdigit signalling centre instructs coordinate phalanx-joint formation governed by 5'Hoxd-Gli3 antagonism. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12903 pubmed publisher..We propose that 5'Hoxd genes and Gli3 are part of an interdigital signalling centre that sets net Bmp signalling levels from different interdigits to coordinately regulate phalanx and joint formation. ..
- Hebert J, Mishina Y, McConnell S. BMP signaling is required locally to pattern the dorsal telencephalic midline. Neuron. 2002;35:1029-41 pubmed..Our data fail to support a more global, concentration-dependent role in specifying telencephalic cell fates. ..
- Yamauchi K, Varadarajan S, Li J, Butler S. Type Ib BMP receptors mediate the rate of commissural axon extension through inhibition of cofilin activity. Development. 2013;140:333-42 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal the mechanistic differences used by distinct components of the canonical Bmpr complex to mediate the diverse activities of the BMPs...
- Tang M, Leung A, Kwong W, Chow P, Chan J, Ngo Muller V, et al. Bmp-4 requires the presence of the digits to initiate programmed cell death in limb interdigital tissues. Dev Biol. 2000;218:89-98 pubmed..In sum, the results suggest that Bmp-4 is a multifunctional protein and its effect on the interdigital tissues is dependent on the modulating influence of the digits. ..
- Degenkolbe E, König J, Zimmer J, Walther M, Reißner C, Nickel J, et al. A GDF5 point mutation strikes twice--causing BDA1 and SYNS2. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003846 pubmed publisher..These novel insights into the biology of GDF5 might also provide further clues on the pathophysiology of OA. ..
- Juriloff D, Harris M. Mouse genetic models of cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2008;82:63-77 pubmed publisher..human CLP genes with insights from the mouse models, the following previously unexamined genes are identified as strong candidate genes for causative roles in human nonsyndromic CLP: BMP4, BMPR1B, TFAP2A, SOX4, WNT9B, WNT3, and SP8.
- Lee N, Kirkbride K, Sheu R, Blobe G. The transforming growth factor-beta type III receptor mediates distinct subcellular trafficking and downstream signaling of activin-like kinase (ALK)3 and ALK6 receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4362-70 pubmed publisher..The type I BMP receptors activin-like kinase (ALK)3 and ALK6 share a high degree of homology, yet possess distinct signaling roles...
- Morty R, Nejman B, Kwapiszewska G, Hecker M, Zakrzewicz A, Kouri F, et al. Dysregulated bone morphogenetic protein signaling in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1072-8 pubmed..BMP signaling and BMP-regulated physiological phenomena are perturbed in MCT-treated rats, lending solid support to the proposed roles for BMP signaling in the pathogenesis of human PAH. ..
- Chiang P, Ling J, Jeong Y, Price D, AJA S, Wong P. Deletion of TDP-43 down-regulates Tbc1d1, a gene linked to obesity, and alters body fat metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16320-4 pubmed publisher..We show that Tbc1d1, a gene known to mediate leanness and linked to obesity, is down-regulated in the absence of TDP-43. Collectively, our results establish that TDP-43 is critical for fat metabolism and ES cell survival. ..
- Lee G, Jung Y, Lee J, Kim W, Kim I. Bone morphogenetic protein 6-induced interleukin-1? expression in macrophages requires PU.1/Smad1 interaction. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:1540-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that BMP-6-induced IL-1? expression in macrophages is mediated via a cross-talk between the Smad and the non-Smad pathways through Smad1 and PU.1. ..
- Morgan E, Nguyen S, Scott V, Stadler H. Loss of Bmp7 and Fgf8 signaling in Hoxa13-mutant mice causes hypospadia. Development. 2003;130:3095-109 pubmed..Finally, a novel role for Hoxa13 in the vascularization of the glans penis is also identified. ..
- Kemoun P, Laurencin Dalicieux S, Rue J, Vaysse F, Romeas A, Arzate H, et al. Localization of STRO-1, BMP-2/-3/-7, BMP receptors and phosphorylated Smad-1 during the formation of mouse periodontium. Tissue Cell. 2007;39:257-66 pubmed..These results suggest that STRO-1 positive DF cells may be target of BMPs secreted by HERS. BMP-3 might be involved in the arrest of this process by inhibiting the signaling provided by cementogenic and osteogenic BMPs...
- Xie P, Stunz L, Larison K, Yang B, Bishop G. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 3 is a critical regulator of B cell homeostasis in secondary lymphoid organs. Immunity. 2007;27:253-67 pubmed..These findings indicate that TRAF3 is a critical regulator of peripheral B cell homeostasis and may be implicated in the regulation of peripheral self-tolerance induction. ..
- Lindeberg J, Usoskin D, Bengtsson H, Gustafsson A, Kylberg A, Söderström S, et al. Transgenic expression of Cre recombinase from the tyrosine hydroxylase locus. Genesis. 2004;40:67-73 pubmed..This knockin mouse can also be used for tracing cell lineages expressing TH during development. ..
- Lamm M, Podlasek C, Barnett D, Lee J, Clemens J, Hebner C, et al. Mesenchymal factor bone morphogenetic protein 4 restricts ductal budding and branching morphogenesis in the developing prostate. Dev Biol. 2001;232:301-14 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that BMP4 is a urogenital sinus mesenchymal factor that restricts prostate ductal budding and branching morphogenesis. ..
- Wang Y, Wu N, Hu M, Mou Y, Li R, Chen L, et al. Inhibitory effect of adenovirus-mediated siRNA-targeting BMPR-IB on UHMWPE-induced bone destruction in the murine air pouch model. Connect Tissue Res. 2012;53:528-34 pubmed publisher..Local administration of adenovirus expressing siRNA-targeting BMPR-IB may be a feasible and effective therapeutic candidate to treat or prevent wear debris-associated osteolysis. ..
- Danesh S, Villasenor A, Chong D, Soukup C, Cleaver O. BMP and BMP receptor expression during murine organogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:255-65 pubmed publisher..of the developmental expression profiles of three BMP ligands (Bmp2, Bmp4, Bmp7) and three BMP receptors (Bmpr1a, Bmpr1b, and BmprII), as well as their molecular antagonist (noggin), in the early embryo during the initial steps of ..
- Inamitsu M, Itoh S, Hellman U, Ten Dijke P, Kato M. Methylation of Smad6 by protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6603-11 pubmed..Both wild-type and Smad6R74A were equally efficient in blocking BMP-induced growth arrest upon their ectopic expression in HS-72 mouse B-cell hybridoma cells. ..
- Xiao L, Michalski N, Kronander E, Gjoni E, Genoud C, Knott G, et al. BMP signaling specifies the development of a large and fast CNS synapse. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:856-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, BMP signaling specifies large and fast-transmitting synapses in the auditory system in a process that shares homologies with, but also extends beyond, retrograde BMP signaling at Drosophila neuromuscular synapses. ..
- Regn M, Laggerbauer B, Jentzsch C, Ramanujam D, Ahles A, Sichler S, et al. Peptidase inhibitor 16 is a membrane-tethered regulator of chemerin processing in the myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;99:57-64 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that PI16 suppresses chemerin activation in the myocardium and suggest that this circuit may be part of the cardiac stress response. ..
- Li L, Lin M, Wang Y, Cserjesi P, Chen Z, Chen Y. BmprIa is required in mesenchymal tissue and has limited redundant function with BmprIb in tooth and palate development. Dev Biol. 2011;349:451-61 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an essential role for BmprIa in the mesenchymal component and a limited functional redundancy between BmprIa and BmprIb in a tissue-specific manner during tooth and palate development...
- Torihashi S, Hattori T, Hasegawa H, Kurahashi M, Ogaeri T, Fujimoto T. The expression and crucial roles of BMP signaling in development of smooth muscle progenitor cells in the mouse embryonic gut. Differentiation. 2009;77:277-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BMP signaling was expressed for a short window in the smooth muscle progenitors and the signal, especially BMP2, plays an essential role in smooth muscle differentiation in cooperation with PDGF signaling. ..
- Pan H, Zhang H, Abraham P, Komatsu Y, Lyons K, Kaartinen V, et al. BmpR1A is a major type 1 BMP receptor for BMP-Smad signaling during skull development. Dev Biol. 2017;429:260-270 pubmed publisher..In this study, we superimposed heterozygous null mutations of the other two BMP type I receptors, Bmpr1b and Acvr1 (ca1A;1bH and ca1A;AcH respectively hereafter) to further dissect involvement of BMP-Smad signaling...
- Wilson T, Wu X, Juengel J, Ross I, Lumsden J, Lord E, et al. Highly prolific Booroola sheep have a mutation in the intracellular kinase domain of bone morphogenetic protein IB receptor (ALK-6) that is expressed in both oocytes and granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1225-35 pubmed..The mutation in BMPR-IB found in Booroola sheep is the second reported defect in a gene from the TGF-beta pathway affecting fertility in sheep following the recent discovery of mutations in the growth factor, GDF9b/BMP15. ..
- Lee H, Park J, Cho Y, Bae H, Cho M, Park J. Odontogenic ameloblasts-associated protein (ODAM), via phosphorylation by bone morphogenetic protein receptor type IB (BMPR-IB), is implicated in ameloblast differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1754-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ODAM facilitates the progression of tooth development in cooperation with BMPR-IB through distinct domains of ODAM. ..
- Stottmann R, Klingensmith J. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling is required in the dorsal neural folds before neurulation for the induction of spinal neural crest cells and dorsal neurons. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:755-65 pubmed publisher..Our results also demonstrate a requirement for BMP signaling in patterning of dorsal neural tube cell fate and in neural crest cell formation, and imply a critical period shortly before neural tube closure. ..
- Vincent S, Robertson E. Targeted insertion of an IRES Cre into the Hnf4alpha locus: Cre-mediated recombination in the liver, kidney, and gut epithelium. Genesis. 2004;39:206-11 pubmed..Thus, the Hnf4alpha(Creex2) strain should prove useful for conditionally deleting gene activity in the liver, gut epithelium, or kidney. ..
- Barna M, Pandolfi P, Niswander L. Gli3 and Plzf cooperate in proximal limb patterning at early stages of limb development. Nature. 2005;436:277-81 pubmed..of a specific subset of proximal mesenchymal cells that express bone morphogenetic protein receptor, type 1B (Bmpr1b) at the onset of limb development...
- Liu S, Yin F, Fan W, Wang S, Guo X, Zhang J, et al. Over-expression of BMPR-IB reduces the malignancy of glioblastoma cells by upregulation of p21 and p27Kip1. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:52 pubmed publisher..BMPR-IB could represent a new potential therapeutic target for malignant human gliomas. ..
- Haaijman A, Burger E, Goei S, Nelles L, ten Dijke P, Huylebroeck D, et al. Correlation between ALK-6 (BMPR-IB) distribution and responsiveness to osteogenic protein-1 (BMP-7) in embryonic mouse bone rudiments. Growth Factors. 2000;17:177-92 pubmed..Increased local production of OP-1 may be partially responsible for the age-related decrease in responsiveness to exogenous OP-1 with respect to hypertrophy and mineralization of cartilage. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang J, Bauer A, Zhang L, Selinger D, Lu C, et al. Fine-tuning BMP7 signalling in adipogenesis by UBE2O/E2-230K-mediated monoubiquitination of SMAD6. EMBO J. 2013;32:996-1007 pubmed publisher..Moreover, UBE2O and SMAD6 cooperated in the regulation of BMP7-induced adipogenesis. ..
- Nadiri A, Kuchler Bopp S, Perrin Schmitt F, Lesot H. Expression patterns of BMPRs in the developing mouse molar. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;324:33-40 pubmed
- Ho C, Zhou X, Mishina Y, Bernard D. Mechanisms of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2) stimulated inhibitor of DNA binding 3 (Id3) transcription. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:242-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we have defined a general mechanism whereby BMP2 regulates Id3/ID3 transcription in different cell types and in different species. ..
- Lim J, Tu X, Choi K, Akiyama H, Mishina Y, Long F. BMP-Smad4 signaling is required for precartilaginous mesenchymal condensation independent of Sox9 in the mouse. Dev Biol. 2015;400:132-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, BMP-Smad signaling critically controls mesenchymal condensation to initiate skeletal development likely through a Sox9-independent mechanism. ..
- Du Y, Xiao Q, Yip H. Regulation of retinal progenitor cell differentiation by bone morphogenetic protein 4 is mediated by the smad/id cascade. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3764-73 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS. These results suggest that Id genes are one of the potential targets of BMP signaling in the differentiation of RPCs. ..
- Martinelli D, Chew K, Rohlmann A, Lum M, Ressl S, Hattar S, et al. Expression of C1ql3 in Discrete Neuronal Populations Controls Efferent Synapse Numbers and Diverse Behaviors. Neuron. 2016;91:1034-1051 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that C1ql3 is a signaling protein essential for subsets of synaptic projections and the behaviors controlled by these projections. ..
- Darshan D, Vanoaica L, Richman L, Beermann F, Kühn L. Conditional deletion of ferritin H in mice induces loss of iron storage and liver damage. Hepatology. 2009;50:852-60 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that the iron storage function of ferritin plays a major role in preventing iron-mediated cell and tissue damage. ..
- ten Dijke P, Yamashita H, Ichijo H, Franzen P, Laiho M, Miyazono K, et al. Characterization of type I receptors for transforming growth factor-beta and activin. Science. 1994;264:101-4 pubmed
- Fernandes M, Gutin G, Alcorn H, McConnell S, Hebert J. Mutations in the BMP pathway in mice support the existence of two molecular classes of holoprosencephaly. Development. 2007;134:3789-94 pubmed..In the present study, deletion of the BMP receptor genes, Bmpr1b and Bmpr1a, in the mouse telencephalon results in a loss of all dorsal midline cell types without affecting the ..
- Hager Theodorides A, Outram S, Shah D, Sacedon R, Shrimpton R, Vicente A, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 2/4 signaling regulates early thymocyte differentiation. J Immunol. 2002;169:5496-504 pubmed..Our study suggests that the BMP2/4 pathway may function in thymic homeostasis by regulating T cell lineage commitment and differentiation. ..
- Hegarty S, Wyatt S, Howard L, Stappers E, Huylebroeck D, Sullivan A, et al. Zeb2 is a negative regulator of midbrain dopaminergic axon growth and target innervation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8568 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings reveal a new mechanism for the regulation of midbrain dopaminergic axon growth during central nervous system development. ..
- Liu Y, Liu C, Yamada Y, Fan C. Growth arrest specific gene 1 acts as a region-specific mediator of the Fgf10/Fgf8 regulatory loop in the limb. Development. 2002;129:5289-300 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Gas1 acts to maintain high levels of FGF10 at the tip mesenchyme and support the proposal that Fgf10 expression in this region is crucial for maintaining Fgf8 expression in the AER. ..
- Wang S, Zhang J, Zhao A, Hipkens S, Magnuson M, Gu G. Loss of Myt1 function partially compromises endocrine islet cell differentiation and pancreatic physiological function in the mouse. Mech Dev. 2007;124:898-910 pubmed..The consequences of Myt1 inactivation in the developing pancreas could be masked by activation of its paralogs, Myt1l and Myt3. These findings suggest Myt1 is involved in proper endocrine differentiation and function. ..
- Engert S, Liao W, Burtscher I, Lickert H. Sox17-2A-iCre: a knock-in mouse line expressing Cre recombinase in endoderm and vascular endothelial cells. Genesis. 2009;47:603-10 pubmed publisher..The Sox17-2A-iCre line will be an excellent tool to conditionally inactivate genes in the definitive endoderm as well as in the vasculature and hematopoietic system. ..
- Heymer J, Ruther U. Syndactyly of Ft/+ mice correlates with an imbalance in bmp4 and fgf8 expression. Mech Dev. 1999;88:173-81 pubmed..The data suggest a negative effect of Bmp4 on Fgf8 expression and a positive influence on the induction of bone elements. ..
- Coucouvanis E, Martin G. BMP signaling plays a role in visceral endoderm differentiation and cavitation in the early mouse embryo. Development. 1999;126:535-46 pubmed..Based on these and other data, we propose a model for the role of BMP signaling during peri-implantation stages of mouse embryo development. ..
- Alejandre Alcazar M, Shalamanov P, Amarie O, Sevilla Pérez J, Seeger W, Eickelberg O, et al. Temporal and spatial regulation of bone morphogenetic protein signaling in late lung development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2825-35 pubmed..We describe changes in the expression and localization of BMP receptors (Bmpr1a, Bmpr1b, and Bmpr2) and Smad (Smad1, Smad4, Smad5, and Smad8) intracellular signaling proteins during the saccular and ..
- Babitt J, Huang F, Wrighting D, Xia Y, Sidis Y, Samad T, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling by hemojuvelin regulates hepcidin expression. Nat Genet. 2006;38:531-9 pubmed..Our data suggest a mechanism by which HFE2 mutations cause hemochromatosis: hemojuvelin dysfunction decreases BMP signaling, thereby lowering hepcidin expression. ..
- Liu J, Saito K, Maruya Y, Nakamura T, Yamada A, Fukumoto E, et al. Mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-induced Smad1/5/8 phosphorylation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23670 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-signalling. ..
- Clarke T, Hoshiya Y, Yi S, Liu X, Lyons K, Donahoe P. Müllerian inhibiting substance signaling uses a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-like pathway mediated by ALK2 and induces SMAD6 expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:946-59 pubmed..truncated ALK2 (tALK2) receptor but not by truncated forms of the other BMP type I receptors ALK1, ALK3, or ALK6. MIS induced activation of a Gal4DBD-Smad1 but not a Gal4DBD-Smad2 fusion protein...
- Graul Neumann L, Deichsel A, Wille U, Kakar N, Koll R, Bassir C, et al. Homozygous missense and nonsense mutations in BMPR1B cause acromesomelic chondrodysplasia-type Grebe. Eur J Hum Genet. 2014;22:726-33 pubmed publisher..157T>C, p.(C53R)) or nonsense (c.657G>A, p.(W219*)) mutations in BMPR1B. Homozygous affected individuals show clinical and radiographic findings consistent with ACD-type Grebe...
- Luong H, Chaplin J, McRae A, Medland S, Willemsen G, Nyholt D, et al. Variation in BMPR1B, TGFRB1 and BMPR2 and control of dizygotic twinning. Twin Res Hum Genet. 2011;14:408-16 pubmed publisher..receptors transforming growth factor ß receptor 1 (TGFBR1), bone morphogenetic protein receptor 2 (BMPR2) and BMPR1B, have been investigated with respect to their roles in human DZ twinning...
- Majdazari A, Stubbusch J, Müller C, Hennchen M, Weber M, Deng C, et al. Dendrite complexity of sympathetic neurons is controlled during postnatal development by BMP signaling. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15132-44 pubmed publisher..The combined deletion of Bmpr1a and Bmpr1b causes no further decrease in dendritic features...
- Billington C, Ng B, Forsman C, Schmidt B, Bagchi A, Symer D, et al. The molecular and cellular basis of variable craniofacial phenotypes and their genetic rescue in Twisted gastrulation mutant mice. Dev Biol. 2011;355:21-31 pubmed publisher..We postulate that variable responses to stress may contribute to variable craniofacial phenotypes by triggering differential expression of genes and variable cellular apoptosis. ..
- Stemmler M, Hecht A, Kemler R. E-cadherin intron 2 contains cis-regulatory elements essential for gene expression. Development. 2005;132:965-76 pubmed..Taken together, our findings reveal a complex mechanism of gene regulation, with a vital role for the large intron 2. ..
- Means A, Xu Y, Zhao A, Ray K, Gu G. A CK19(CreERT) knockin mouse line allows for conditional DNA recombination in epithelial cells in multiple endodermal organs. Genesis. 2008;46:318-23 pubmed publisher..This mouse line should therefore provide a valuable reagent for manipulating gene activity and for cell lineage marking in multiorgans during normal tissue homeostasis and regeneration. ..
- Hoelzl M, Heby Henricson K, Gerling M, Dias J, Kuiper R, Trünkle C, et al. Differential requirement of SUFU in tissue development discovered in a hypomorphic mouse model. Dev Biol. 2017;429:132-146 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that tissue development is differentially affected in response to the reduced SUFU levels, providing novel insight regarding the requirements of different levels of SUFU for proper organogenesis. ..
- Ekstrand M, Terzioglu M, Galter D, Zhu S, Hofstetter C, Lindqvist E, et al. Progressive parkinsonism in mice with respiratory-chain-deficient dopamine neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1325-30 pubmed..These experiments demonstrate that respiratory chain dysfunction in DA neurons may be of pathophysiological importance in PD. ..
- Miguez A, Ducret S, di Meglio T, Parras C, Hmidan H, Haton C, et al. Opposing roles for Hoxa2 and Hoxb2 in hindbrain oligodendrocyte patterning. J Neurosci. 2012;32:17172-85 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first in vivo evidence that Hox genes determine oligodendrocyte regional identity in the mammalian brain. ..
- Paek H, Hwang J, Zukin R, Hebert J. ?-Catenin-dependent FGF signaling sustains cell survival in the anterior embryonic head by countering Smad4. Dev Cell. 2011;20:689-99 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these antagonistic pathways converge on the transcriptional regulation of apoptosis, and genes such as Cdkn1a, suggesting a mechanism for how signaling centers in the embryonic head regulate cell survival...