Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bmp3
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 3
Alias: 9530029I04Rik, bone morphogenetic protein 3
- Dudley A, Robertson E. Overlapping expression domains of bone morphogenetic protein family members potentially account for limited tissue defects in BMP7 deficient embryos. Dev Dyn. 1997;208:349-62 pubmed..These data suggest that BMP family members can functionally substitute for BMP7 at sites where they colocalize in vivo. ..
- Matzelle M, Shaw A, Baum R, Maeda Y, Li J, Karmakar S, et al. Inflammation in arthritis induces expression of BMP3, an inhibitor of bone formation. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:379-83 pubmed publisher..are also regulated by the osteogenic bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signalling pathway, which is antagonized by BMP3. We therefore examined the potential role of BMP3 in inflammatory arthritis...
- Cernea M, Tang W, Guan H, Yang K. Wisp1 mediates Bmp3-stimulated mesenchymal stem cell proliferation. J Mol Endocrinol. 2016;56:39-46 pubmed publisher..Previously, we demonstrated that bone morphogenetic protein 3 (Bmp3), the expression of which was upregulated in our rat model of hyperplasic visceral adiposity, ..
- Minina E, Wenzel H, Kreschel C, Karp S, Gaffield W, McMahon A, et al. BMP and Ihh/PTHrP signaling interact to coordinate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Development. 2001;128:4523-34 pubmed..This role of BMP signaling is independent of the Ihh/PTHrP pathway. ..
- Ozkaynak E, Schnegelsberg P, Jin D, Clifford G, Warren F, Drier E, et al. Osteogenic protein-2. A new member of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily expressed early in embryogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:25220-7 pubmed..OP-1 is expressed in kidney; however, OP-2 and BMP-2 mRNAs were not detected in any organs studied, suggesting an early developmental role. ..
- Vaahtokari A, Aberg T, Jernvall J, Keranen S, Thesleff I. The enamel knot as a signaling center in the developing mouse tooth. Mech Dev. 1996;54:39-43 pubmed..We suggest that the enamel knot acts as a signaling or organizing center, which provides positional information for tooth morphogenesis and regulates the growth of tooth cusps. ..
- Lowery J, Lavigne A, Kokabu S, Rosen V. Comparative genomics identifies the mouse Bmp3 promoter and an upstream evolutionary conserved region (ECR) in mammals. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57840 pubmed publisher..One member, BMP3, which arose more recently in evolution and is found only in deuterostomes, serves a unique role as an antagonist ..
- Long F, Chung U, Ohba S, McMahon J, Kronenberg H, McMahon A. Ihh signaling is directly required for the osteoblast lineage in the endochondral skeleton. Development. 2004;131:1309-18 pubmed..We suggest that Ihh acts in vivo on a potential progenitor cell to promote osteoblast and prevent chondrocyte differentiation. ..
- Kettunen P, Nie X, Kvinnsland I, Luukko K. Histological development and dynamic expression of Bmp2-6 mRNAs in the embryonic and postnatal mouse cranial base. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2006;288:1250-8 pubmed..Bmp2, Bmp5, and Bmp6 were expressed in the early mesenchymal condensations. Later, Bmp2, Bmp3, Bmp4, and Bmp5 were detected in the perichondrium and in the adjacent mesenchyme...
- Yamashiro T, Zheng L, Shitaku Y, Saito M, Tsubakimoto T, Takada K, et al. Wnt10a regulates dentin sialophosphoprotein mRNA expression and possibly links odontoblast differentiation and tooth morphogenesis. Differentiation. 2007;75:452-62 pubmed..We conclude that Wnt10a may link the differentiation of odontoblasts and cusp morphogenesis. ..
- Lord E, Lumsden J, Dodds K, Henry H, Crawford A, Ansari H, et al. The linkage map of sheep Chromosome 6 compared with orthologous regions in other species. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:373-6 pubmed..However, a region from platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha polypeptide (PDGFRA) to bone morphogenetic protein 3 (BMP3), which spans 19 cM on sheep Chr 6, appears to be inverted with respect to the human and mouse ..
- Bialek P, Parkington J, Li X, Gavin D, Wallace C, Zhang J, et al. A myostatin and activin decoy receptor enhances bone formation in mice. Bone. 2014;60:162-71 pubmed publisher..Of the other known ActRIIB-Fc ligands, BMP3 has been identified as a negative regulator of bone mass...
- Solloway M, Dudley A, Bikoff E, Lyons K, Hogan B, Robertson E. Mice lacking Bmp6 function. Dev Genet. 1998;22:321-39 pubmed..These sternal defects are slightly exacerbated in Bmp5/6 double mutant animals. ..
- Colnot C, Helms J. A molecular analysis of matrix remodeling and angiogenesis during long bone development. Mech Dev. 2001;100:245-50 pubmed..Here, we have produced a 'molecular map' of the initial vascularization of the developing skeleton that provides a framework in which to interpret a wide range of fetal skeletal malformations, disruptions, and dysplasias. ..
- Bell D, Taguchi T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Gilks C, et al. Chromosomal localization of a gene, GF1, encoding a novel zinc finger protein reveals a new syntenic region between man and rodents. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;70:263-7 pubmed..Comparative mapping data presented here describes a new syntenic region between man and rodents. ..
- St Jacques B, Hammerschmidt M, McMahon A. Indian hedgehog signaling regulates proliferation and differentiation of chondrocytes and is essential for bone formation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2072-86 pubmed..Together, the results suggest a model in which Ihh coordinates diverse aspects of skeletal morphogenesis through PTHrP-dependent and independent processes. ..
- Yamaji N, Celeste A, Thies R, Song J, Bernier S, Goltzman D, et al. A mammalian serine/threonine kinase receptor specifically binds BMP-2 and BMP-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1944-51 pubmed..During embryogenesis, in situ hybridization analysis indicates that CFK-43a mRNA is localized in developing skeletal tissues in a complementary fashion to the transcripts for its ligands. ..
- Lu H, Jin Y, Tipoe G. Alteration in the expression of bone morphogenetic protein-2,3,4,5 mRNA during pathogenesis of cleft palate in BALB/c mice. Arch Oral Biol. 2000;45:133-40 pubmed..It was concluded that spatial and temporal expression of BMP-2,4,5 was required during normal palatogenesis, and that a deficiency of their mRNA expression may contribute to the pathogenesis of cleft palate. ..
- Zhang Y, Li S, Yuan L, Tian Y, Weidenfeld J, Yang J, et al. Foxp1 coordinates cardiomyocyte proliferation through both cell-autonomous and nonautonomous mechanisms. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1746-57 pubmed publisher..These data show that Foxp1 coordinates the balance of cardiomyocyte proliferation and differentiation through cell lineage-specific regulation of Fgf ligand and Nkx2.5 expression. ..
- Ohta S, Hiraki Y, Shigeno C, Suzuki F, Kasai R, Ikeda T, et al. Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP-2 and BMP-3) induce the late phase expression of the proto-oncogene c-fos in murine osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:356-60 pubmed..These data suggest that in osteoblasts BMP-2 and BMP-3 induce the late phase expression of c-fos, which may play a role in transcriptional activation of the genes involved in differentiation of osteoblasts. ..
- Cain J, Hartwig S, Bertram J, Rosenblum N. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling in the developing kidney: present and future. Differentiation. 2008;76:831-42 pubmed publisher..We highlight major gaps in our knowledge of the roles of BMP signaling in the development of the normal and abnormal kidney and identify areas and techniques likely to improve our understanding. ..
- Dahn R, Fallon J. Limbiting outgrowth: BMPs as negative regulators in limb development. Bioessays. 1999;21:721-5 pubmed..These studies provide the first insights into how the termination of a limb bud signaling center is accomplished, and intriguingly suggest how distinct aspects of limb morphogenesis are regulated. ..
- Benovic J, Onorato J, Arriza J, Stone W, Lohse M, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization of beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 2. A new member of the receptor kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14939-46 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a "family" of receptor kinases which may serve broadly to regulate receptor function. ..
- Aberg T, Wozney J, Thesleff I. Expression patterns of bone morphogenetic proteins (Bmps) in the developing mouse tooth suggest roles in morphogenesis and cell differentiation. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:383-96 pubmed..The remarkable overlaps in the expression domains of different Bmp genes may implicate functional redundancy and/or formation of active heterodimers between different BMPs. ..