Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bmp10
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 10
Alias: b2b2711Clo, bone morphogenetic protein 10, BMP-10
- Xiong Y, Yang P, Proia R, Hla T. Erythrocyte-derived sphingosine 1-phosphate is essential for vascular development. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4823-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that rbc are essential for embryogenesis by supplying the lysophospholipid S1P, which regulates embryonic vascular development via its receptors. ..
- Choi M, Stottmann R, Yang Y, Meyers E, Klingensmith J. The bone morphogenetic protein antagonist noggin regulates mammalian cardiac morphogenesis. Circ Res. 2007;100:220-8 pubmed..These data indicate that antagonism of BMP signaling by Noggin plays a critical role in ensuring proper levels of cell proliferation and EMT during cardiac morphogenesis in the mouse. ..
- Clay H, Wilsbacher L, Wilson S, Duong D, McDonald M, Lam I, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor-1 in cardiomyocytes is required for normal cardiac development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:157-165 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. These results suggest that S1P signaling via S1P1 in cardiomyocytes plays a previously unknown and necessary role in heart development in mice. ..
- Ricard N, Ciais D, Levet S, Subileau M, Mallet C, Zimmers T, et al. BMP9 and BMP10 are critical for postnatal retinal vascular remodeling. Blood. 2012;119:6162-71 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we detected a high level of circulating BMP10 in WT and Bmp9-KO pups...
- Yang J, Bücker S, Jungblut B, Böttger T, Cinnamon Y, Tchorz J, et al. Inhibition of Notch2 by Numb/Numblike controls myocardial compaction in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:276-85 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling revealed a strong up-regulation of Bmp10 in Numb/Numblike mutant hearts, which might also interfere with trabeculation and compaction...
- Willis M, Dyer L, Ren R, Lockyer P, Moreno Miralles I, Schisler J, et al. BMPER regulates cardiomyocyte size and vessel density in vivo. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2013;22:228-40 pubmed publisher..BMPER appears to play a role in regulating both vessel density and cardiac development in vivo; however, BMPER haploinsufficiency does not result in marked effects on cardiac function or adaptation to pressure overload hypertrophy. ..
- Koshiba Takeuchi K, Mori A, Kaynak B, Cebra Thomas J, Sukonnik T, Georges R, et al. Reptilian heart development and the molecular basis of cardiac chamber evolution. Nature. 2009;461:95-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a molecular mechanism for the evolution of the amniote ventricle, and support the concept that altered expression of developmental regulators is a key mechanism of vertebrate evolution. ..
- Song L, Yan W, Chen X, Deng C, Wang Q, Jiao K. Myocardial smad4 is essential for cardiogenesis in mouse embryos. Circ Res. 2007;101:277-85 pubmed..In conclusion, this study provides the first mouse model showing that Smad4 plays essential roles during cardiogenesis. ..
- Ribeiro I, Kawakami Y, Buscher D, Raya A, Rodriguez Leon J, Morita M, et al. Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e398 pubmed
- Togi K, Yoshida Y, Matsumae H, Nakashima Y, Kita T, Tanaka M. Essential role of Hand2 in interventricular septum formation and trabeculation during cardiac development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:144-51 pubmed..These results suggested that the absence of Hand2 expression in the interventricular boundary region inhibits expansion and trabeculation in this area, contributing to the proper formation of the IVS. ..
- Fiore R, Rahim B, Christoffels V, Moorman A, Püschel A. Inactivation of the Sema5a gene results in embryonic lethality and defective remodeling of the cranial vascular system. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2310-9 pubmed..Our results represent the first genetic analysis of the function of a class 5 semaphorin during embryonic development and identify a role of Sema5A in the regional patterning of the vasculature. ..
- Luxan G, Casanova J, Martínez Poveda B, Prados B, D Amato G, MacGrogan D, et al. Mutations in the NOTCH pathway regulator MIB1 cause left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Nat Med. 2013;19:193-201 pubmed publisher..These results implicate NOTCH signaling in LVNC and indicate that MIB1 mutations arrest chamber myocardium development, preventing trabecular maturation and compaction. ..
- Wystub K, Besser J, Bachmann A, Boettger T, Braun T. miR-1/133a clusters cooperatively specify the cardiomyogenic lineage by adjustment of myocardin levels during embryonic heart development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003793 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that myocardin positively regulates expression of miR-1/133a, thus constituting a negative feedback loop that is essential for early cardiac development. ..
- Castonguay R, Werner E, Matthews R, Presman E, Mulivor A, Solban N, et al. Soluble endoglin specifically binds bone morphogenetic proteins 9 and 10 via its orphan domain, inhibits blood vessel formation, and suppresses tumor growth. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:30034-46 pubmed publisher..ECD-Fc bound directly, specifically, and with high affinity to bone morphogenetic proteins 9 and 10 (BMP9 and BMP10) in surface plasmon resonance (Biacore) and cell-based assays...
- Susan Resiga D, Essalmani R, Hamelin J, Asselin M, Benjannet S, Chamberland A, et al. Furin is the major processing enzyme of the cardiac-specific growth factor bone morphogenetic protein 10. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22785-94 pubmed publisherb>Bone morphogenetic protein 10 (BMP10) is a member of the TGF-Î² superfamily and plays a critical role in heart development. In the postnatal heart, BMP10 is restricted to the right atrium...
- Lee Y, Chang C, Bali D, Chen Y, Yan Y. Glycogen-branching enzyme deficiency leads to abnormal cardiac development: novel insights into glycogen storage disease IV. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:455-65 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that early molecular events associated with Gbe1 deficiency contribute to abnormal cardiac development and fetal hydrops in the fetal form of GSD-IV. ..
- Tessari A, Pietrobon M, Notte A, Cifelli G, Gage P, Schneider M, et al. Myocardial Pitx2 differentially regulates the left atrial identity and ventricular asymmetric remodeling programs. Circ Res. 2008;102:813-22 pubmed publisher..Conversely, selective left atrial BMP10 mRNA downregulation which normally occurs at fetal stages is not found in the Pitx2 ko(myo) mice...
- Shamis Y, Cullen D, Liu L, Yang G, Ng S, Xiao L, et al. Maternal and zygotic Zfp57 modulate NOTCH signaling in cardiac development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E2020-9 pubmed publisher..This serves as an example of a maternal effect that can influence mammalian organ development. It also links genomic imprinting to NOTCH signaling and particular developmental functions. ..
- He A, Ma Q, Cao J, von Gise A, Zhou P, Xie H, et al. Polycomb repressive complex 2 regulates normal development of the mouse heart. Circ Res. 2012;110:406-15 pubmed publisher..EZH2 was also required for proper spatiotemporal regulation of cardiac gene expression, because Hcn4, Mlc2a, and Bmp10 were inappropriately upregulated in ventricular RNA...
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Xu L, Xin H. The potential role of ATF3 on immune response is regulated by BMP10 through Smad dependent pathway. Med Hypotheses. 2011;76:685-8 pubmed publisherIt is hypothesis that ATF3 is a downstream component of BMP10. The possible function of ATF3 on immune response is partially regulated by BMP10 via Smad dependent pathway...
- Seemann P, Brehm A, König J, Reissner C, Stricker S, Kuss P, et al. Mutations in GDF5 reveal a key residue mediating BMP inhibition by NOGGIN. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000747 pubmed publisher..receptor and antagonist interfaces, is highly conserved among the BMP family with the exception of BMP9 and BMP10, in which it is substituted with lysine...
- Venkatesh D, Park K, Harrington A, Miceli Libby L, Yoon J, Liaw L. Cardiovascular and hematopoietic defects associated with Notch1 activation in embryonic Tie2-expressing populations. Circ Res. 2008;103:423-31 pubmed publisher..Cardiovascular lineages are sensitive to an imbalance in Notch signaling, with aberrant activation reflecting a vascular phenotype comparable to a loss-of-function Notch1 mutation...
- Jiang H, Salmon R, Upton P, Wei Z, Lawera A, Davenport A, et al. The Prodomain-bound Form of Bone Morphogenetic Protein 10 Is Biologically Active on Endothelial Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2954-66 pubmed publisherb>BMP10 is highly expressed in the developing heart and plays essential roles in cardiogenesis. BMP10 deletion in mice results in embryonic lethality because of impaired cardiac development...
- Lauriol J, Cabrera J, Roy A, Keith K, Hough S, Damilano F, et al. Developmental SHP2 dysfunction underlies cardiac hypertrophy in Noonan syndrome with multiple lentigines. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:2989-3005 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide functional and disease-based evidence that aberrant SHP2 signaling during cardiac development leads to CHD and adult-onset heart hypertrophy. ..
- Jumabay M, Zhumabai J, Mansurov N, Niklason K, Guihard P, Cubberly M, et al. Combined effects of bone morphogenetic protein 10 and crossveinless-2 on cardiomyocyte differentiation in mouse adipocyte-derived stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to examine the combined effects of BMP10 and CV2 on cardiomyocyte differentiation using mouse dedifferentiated fat (mDFAT) cells, which spontaneously ..
- Vincentz J, Toolan K, Zhang W, Firulli A. Hand factor ablation causes defective left ventricular chamber development and compromised adult cardiac function. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006922 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we conclude that, within a mixed cardiomyocyte population, removal of defective myocardium and replacement with healthy endogenous cardiomyocytes may provide an effective strategy for cardiac repair. ..
- Zhang W, Chen H, Wang Y, Yong W, Zhu W, Liu Y, et al. Tbx20 transcription factor is a downstream mediator for bone morphogenetic protein-10 in regulating cardiac ventricular wall development and function. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36820-9 pubmed publisherb>Bone morphogenetic protein 10 (BMP10) belongs to the TGF?-superfamily. Previously, we had demonstrated that BMP10 is a key regulator for ventricular chamber formation, growth, and maturation...
- Koibuchi N, Chin M. CHF1/Hey2 plays a pivotal role in left ventricular maturation through suppression of ectopic atrial gene expression. Circ Res. 2007;100:850-5 pubmed..Our findings suggest that CHF1/Hey2 suppresses atrial identity in the left ventricular compact myocardium, facilitates myocardial proliferation by suppressing Tbx5, and thereby promotes proper ventricular myocardial maturation. ..
- Chen H, Yong W, Ren S, Shen W, He Y, Cox K, et al. Overexpression of bone morphogenetic protein 10 in myocardium disrupts cardiac postnatal hypertrophic growth. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27481-91 pubmed..generated a novel transgenic mouse model (alphaMHC-BMP10) in which the cardiac-specific growth factor bone morphogenetic protein 10 (BMP10) is overexpressed in postnatal myocardium...
- Gaussin V, Van de Putte T, Mishina Y, Hanks M, Zwijsen A, Huylebroeck D, et al. Endocardial cushion and myocardial defects after cardiac myocyte-specific conditional deletion of the bone morphogenetic protein receptor ALK3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2878-83 pubmed..Hence, ALK3 is essential, beyond just the egg cylinder stage, for myocyte-dependent functions and signals in cardiac organogenesis. ..
- Chen H, Brady Ridgway J, Sai T, Lai J, Warming S, Chen H, et al. Context-dependent signaling defines roles of BMP9 and BMP10 in embryonic and postnatal development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11887-92 pubmed publisher..Using conventional knockout and specific antibodies against bone morphogenetic protein 9 (BMP9) or BMP10, we showed that BMP9 and BMP10 are the physiological, functionally equivalent ligands of ALK1 in vascular ..
- Gaborit N, Sakuma R, Wylie J, Kim K, Zhang S, Hui C, et al. Cooperative and antagonistic roles for Irx3 and Irx5 in cardiac morphogenesis and postnatal physiology. Development. 2012;139:4007-19 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that direct transcriptional repression of Bmp10 by Irx3 and Irx5 in the endocardium is required for ventricular septation...
- Li D, Hallett M, Zhu W, Rubart M, Liu Y, Yang Z, et al. Dishevelled-associated activator of morphogenesis 1 (Daam1) is required for heart morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:303-15 pubmed publisher..Biochemical analyses indicate that Daam1 does not regulate cytoskeletal organization through RhoA, Rac1 or Cdc42. Our study highlights a crucial role for Daam1 in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Li J, Miao L, Shieh D, Spiotto E, Li J, Zhou B, et al. Single-Cell Lineage Tracing Reveals that Oriented Cell Division Contributes to Trabecular Morphogenesis and Regional Specification. Cell Rep. 2016;15:158-170 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, N-Cadherin deletion in labeled clones disrupted the clonal patterns. In summary, our data demonstrate that OCD contributes to trabecular morphogenesis and specification. ..
- Chen J, Zhou B, Yu Q, Shin S, Jiao K, Schneider M, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific deletion of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor results in hyperplasia of the embryonic left ventricle and abnormalities of sinuatrial valves. Circ Res. 2006;98:923-30 pubmed..In addition, the results suggest that CAR-mediated intercellular contacts may regulate proliferation and differentiation of cardiomyocytes within the embryonic left ventricular wall. ..