Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Blk
Description: B lymphoid kinase
Alias: tyrosine-protein kinase Blk, b lymphocyte kinase, p55-Blk
- Zhang H, Peng C, Hu Y, Li H, Sheng Z, Chen Y, et al. The Blk pathway functions as a tumor suppressor in chronic myeloid leukemia stem cells. Nat Genet. 2012;44:861-71 pubmed publisher..BCR-ABL-induced chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) as a disease model for CSCs, we show that BCR-ABL downregulates the Blk gene (encoding B-lymphoid kinase) through c-Myc in leukemic stem cells (LSCs) in CML mice and that Blk functions as ..
- Rinke De Wit T, Izon D, Revilla C, Oosterwegel M, Bakker A, van Ewijk W, et al. Expression of tyrosine kinase gene in mouse thymic stromal cells. Int Immunol. 1996;8:1787-95 pubmed..These data provide the first example of a receptor PTK in TSC and open new approaches to study the regulation of TSC differentiation. ..
- Rovedo M, Longnecker R. Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 2A preferentially signals through the Src family kinase Lyn. J Virol. 2008;82:8520-8 pubmed publisher..the role of various SFKs in LMP2A signaling, we crossed LMP2A transgenic mice (TgE) with Lyn(-/-), Fyn(-/-), or Blk(-/-) mice...
- Wu Y, Georg I, DÃaz Barreiro A, Varela N, Lauwerys B, Kumar R, et al. Concordance of increased B1 cell subset and lupus phenotypes in mice and humans is dependent on BLK expression levels. J Immunol. 2015;194:5692-702 pubmed publisherPolymorphisms in the B lymphoid tyrosine kinase (BLK) gene have been associated with autoimmune diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus, with risk correlating with reduced expression of BLK...
- Bao Y, Zheng J, Han C, Jin J, Han H, Liu Y, et al. Tyrosine kinase Btk is required for NK cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23769-78 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Btk is required for activation of NK cells, thus providing insight into the physiological significance of Btk in the regulation of immune cell functions and innate inflammatory response. ..
- Pujianto D, Damdimopoulos A, Sipila P, Jalkanen J, Huhtaniemi I, Poutanen M. Bfk, a novel member of the bcl2 gene family, is highly expressed in principal cells of the mouse epididymis and demonstrates a predominant nuclear localization. Endocrinology. 2007;148:3196-204 pubmed..Being exceptionally highly expressed in the initial segment, Bfk is suggested to have a role in the differentiation of this segment of the epididymis. ..
- Tretter T, Ross A, Dordai D, Desiderio S. Mimicry of pre-B cell receptor signaling by activation of the tyrosine kinase Blk. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1863-73 pubmed..Here the Src-related kinase Blk is shown to effect functions associated with the pre-BCR...
- Clise Dwyer K, Amanna I, Duzeski J, Nashold F, Hayes C. Genetic studies of B-lymphocyte deficiency and mastocytosis in strain A/WySnJ mice. Immunogenetics. 2001;53:729-35 pubmed..Thus, the major genetic controls on B-cell homeostasis and mast cell homeostasis in A/WySnJ mice are asserted by distinct genes. ..
- Chan V, Mecklenbrauker I, Su I, Texido G, Leitges M, Carsetti R, et al. The molecular mechanism of B cell activation by toll-like receptor protein RP-105. J Exp Med. 1998;188:93-101 pubmed..We also find that negative regulation of RP-105-mediated activation of MAP kinases by membrane immunoglobulin may account for the phenomenon of antigen receptor-mediated arrest of RP-105-mediated B cell proliferation. ..
- Metzler W, Leiting B, Pryor K, Mueller L, Farmer B. The three-dimensional solution structure of the SH2 domain from p55blk kinase. Biochemistry. 1996;35:6201-11 pubmed..In addition to binding to the phosphorylated cytoplasmic domains of Ig-alpha and Ig-beta, blk and fyn(T), two members of the src family kinases, have been shown to bind overlapping but distinct sets of ..
- Malek S, Yang C, Earnshaw W, Kozak C, Desiderio S. p150TSP, a conserved nuclear phosphoprotein that contains multiple tetratricopeptide repeats and binds specifically to SH2 domains. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6952-62 pubmed..The sequence and binding properties of p150TSP suggest that it may mediate interactions between TPR-containing and SH2-containing proteins. ..
- Drebin J, Hartzell S, Griffin C, Campbell M, Niederhuber J. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of the human homologue of a B-lymphocyte specific protein tyrosine kinase (blk). Oncogene. 1995;10:477-86 pubmedA cDNA encoding the human homologue of the murine protein tyrosine kinase, blk, has been cloned from a human B-lymphocyte cDNA library by cross-species hybridization using the murine blk cDNA as a probe...
- Alexandropoulos K, Cheng G, Baltimore D. Proline-rich sequences that bind to Src homology 3 domains with individual specificities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3110-4 pubmed..The rules governing in vivo usage of particular sites by particular SH3 domains are not clear, but one binding orientation may be more specific than another. ..
- Kojima T, Morikawa Y, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Senba E, et al. TROY, a newly identified member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, exhibits a homology with Edar and is expressed in embryonic skin and hair follicles. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20742-7 pubmed..The Troy gene is located near the waved coat (Wc) locus, a mutant related to abnormalities in skin and hair. ..
- Samuelson E, Laird R, Papillion A, Tatum A, Princiotta M, Hayes S. Reduced B lymphoid kinase (Blk) expression enhances proinflammatory cytokine production and induces nephrosis in C57BL/6-lpr/lpr mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92054 pubmed publisherb>BLK, which encodes B lymphoid kinase, was recently identified in genome wide association studies as a susceptibility gene for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and risk alleles mapping to the BLK locus result in reduced gene expression...