Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bcl11b
Description: B cell leukemia/lymphoma 11B
Alias: 9130430L19Rik, AI604821, B630002E05Rik, BCL-11B, Ctip2, Rit1, B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 11B, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 11B, B-cell lymphoma/leukaemia 11B, COUP-TF-interacting protein 2, mRit1, radiation-induced tumor suppressor gene 1 protein
- Zarbalis K, Siegenthaler J, Choe Y, May S, Peterson A, Pleasure S. Cortical dysplasia and skull defects in mice with a Foxc1 allele reveal the role of meningeal differentiation in regulating cortical development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14002-7 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that defects in meningeal differentiation can lead to severe cortical dysplasia. ..
- Golonzhka O, Leid M, Indra G, Indra A. Expression of COUP-TF-interacting protein 2 (CTIP2) in mouse skin during development and in adulthood. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:754-60 pubmedCOUP-TF-interacting protein 2 (CTIP2), also known as Bcl11b, is a transcriptional regulatory protein that is highly expressed in and plays a critical role(s) during development of T lymphocytes and the central nervous system...
- Ikawa T, Hirose S, Masuda K, Kakugawa K, Satoh R, Shibano Satoh A, et al. An essential developmental checkpoint for production of the T cell lineage. Science. 2010;329:93-6 pubmed publisher..arrest and self-renewal of progenitors were observed in thymocytes of mice deficient in the transcription factor Bcl11b. Our study thus identifies the earliest checkpoint during T cell development and shows that it is Bcl11b-dependent. ..
- Albu D, Feng D, Bhattacharya D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Liu P, et al. BCL11B is required for positive selection and survival of double-positive thymocytes. J Exp Med. 2007;204:3003-15 pubmed..We show that the transcription factor BCL11B plays a critical role in DP thymocytes by controlling positive selection of both CD4 and CD8 lineages...
- Lai T, Jabaudon D, Molyneaux B, Azim E, Arlotta P, Menezes J, et al. SOX5 controls the sequential generation of distinct corticofugal neuron subtypes. Neuron. 2008;57:232-47 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that SOX5 controls the timing of critical fate decisions during corticofugal neuron production and thus subtype-specific differentiation and neocortical neuron diversity. ..
- Dominguez M, Ayoub A, Rakic P. POU-III transcription factors (Brn1, Brn2, and Oct6) influence neurogenesis, molecular identity, and migratory destination of upper-layer cells of the cerebral cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:2632-43 pubmed publisher..ventricular zone (VZ) progenitors, and that Pou3f3/2 subsequently label neural progeny switching from deep-layer Ctip2(+) identity to Satb2(+) upper-layer fate as they migrate to proper superficial positions...
- Cismasiu V, Ghanta S, Duque J, Albu D, Chen H, Kasturi R, et al. BCL11B participates in the activation of IL2 gene expression in CD4+ T lymphocytes. Blood. 2006;108:2695-702 pubmedBCL11A and BCL11B are transcriptional regulators important for lymphopoiesis and previously associated with hematopoietic malignancies...
- Li P, Burke S, Wang J, Chen X, Ortiz M, Lee S, et al. Reprogramming of T cells to natural killer-like cells upon Bcl11b deletion. Science. 2010;329:85-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the transcription factor Bcl11b was expressed in all T cell compartments and was indispensable for T lineage development...
- Chen B, Wang S, Hattox A, Rayburn H, Nelson S, McConnell S. The Fezf2-Ctip2 genetic pathway regulates the fate choice of subcortical projection neurons in the developing cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11382-7 pubmed publisher..b>Ctip2 is a major downstream effector of Fezf2 in regulating the extension of axons toward subcortical targets and can ..
- Inoue J, Kanefuji T, Okazuka K, Watanabe H, Mishima Y, Kominami R. Expression of TCR alpha beta partly rescues developmental arrest and apoptosis of alpha beta T cells in Bcl11b-/- mice. J Immunol. 2006;176:5871-9 pubmedb>Bcl11b(-/-) mice show developmental arrest at the CD44(-)CD25(+) double-negative 3 (DN3) or immature CD8(+)single-positive stage of alphabeta T cell...
- Lehtinen M, Zappaterra M, Chen X, Yang Y, Hill A, Lun M, et al. The cerebrospinal fluid provides a proliferative niche for neural progenitor cells. Neuron. 2011;69:893-905 pubmed publisher..The temporal control of CSF composition may have critical relevance to normal development and neuropathological conditions...
- Kwan K, Lam M, Krsnik Z, Kawasawa Y, Lefebvre V, Sestan N. SOX5 postmitotically regulates migration, postmigratory differentiation, and projections of subplate and deep-layer neocortical neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:16021-6 pubmed publisher..Fezf2 and Bcl11b, transiently expressed in all subtypes of newly postmigratory early-born neurons, are subsequently downregulated ..
- Wakabayashi Y, Inoue J, Takahashi Y, Matsuki A, Kosugi Okano H, Shinbo T, et al. Homozygous deletions and point mutations of the Rit1/Bcl11b gene in gamma-ray induced mouse thymic lymphomas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:598-603 pubmed..analysis were conducted for gamma-ray induced mouse thymic lymphomas and a novel tumor suppressor gene, Rit1/Bcl11b, on chromosome 12 was isolated...
- Zhang S, Rozell M, Verma R, Albu D, Califano D, VanValkenburgh J, et al. Antigen-specific clonal expansion and cytolytic effector function of CD8+ T lymphocytes depend on the transcription factor Bcl11b. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1687-99 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that the transcription factor Bcl11b/Ctip2 controls hallmark features of CD8(+) T cell immunity, specifically antigen (Ag)-dependent clonal expansion ..
- Simon R, Brylka H, Schwegler H, Venkataramanappa S, Andratschke J, Wiegreffe C, et al. A dual function of Bcl11b/Ctip2 in hippocampal neurogenesis. EMBO J. 2012;31:2922-36 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Bcl11b/Ctip2, a zinc finger transcription factor expressed in postmitotic neurons, plays a critical role during postnatal ..
- Hodge R, Garcia A, Elsen G, Nelson B, Mussar K, Reiner S, et al. Tbr2 expression in Cajal-Retzius cells and intermediate neuronal progenitors is required for morphogenesis of the dentate gyrus. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4165-80 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that Tbr2 is explicitly required for morphogenesis of the DG and participates in multiple aspects of the intricate developmental process of this structure. ..
- Wakabayashi Y, Watanabe H, Inoue J, Takeda N, Sakata J, Mishima Y, et al. Bcl11b is required for differentiation and survival of alphabeta T lymphocytes. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:533-9 pubmedThe gene Bcl11b, which encodes zinc finger proteins, and its paralog, Bcl11a, are associated with immune-system malignancies...
- Chou S, Perez Garcia C, Kroll T, O Leary D. Lhx2 specifies regional fate in Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors generating cerebral cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1381-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a genetic mechanism for determining regional-fate in the Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors that generate cerebral cortex. ..
- Siegenthaler J, Ashique A, Zarbalis K, Patterson K, Hecht J, KANE M, et al. Retinoic acid from the meninges regulates cortical neuron generation. Cell. 2009;139:597-609 pubmed publisher..Lastly, in utero RA treatment rescued the cortical phenotype in Foxc1 mutants. These results establish RA as a potent, meningeal-derived cue required for successful corticogenesis. ..
- Desplats P, Lambert J, Thomas E. Functional roles for the striatal-enriched transcription factor, Bcl11b, in the control of striatal gene expression and transcriptional dysregulation in Huntington's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2008;31:298-308 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that expression of Bcl11b (a.k.a...
- Li L, Leid M, Rothenberg E. An early T cell lineage commitment checkpoint dependent on the transcription factor Bcl11b. Science. 2010;329:89-93 pubmed publisher..The zinc finger transcription factor Bcl11b is T cell-specific in expression among hematopoietic cell types and is first expressed in precursors immediately ..
- Avram D, Fields A, Pretty On Top K, Nevrivy D, Ishmael J, Leid M. Isolation of a novel family of C(2)H(2) zinc finger proteins implicated in transcriptional repression mediated by chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF) orphan nuclear receptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10315-22 pubmedTwo novel and related C(2)H(2) zinc finger proteins that are highly expressed in the brain, CTIP1 and CTIP2 (COUP TF-interacting proteins 1 and 2, respectively), were isolated and shown to interact with all members of the chicken ..
- Lizarraga S, Margossian S, Harris M, Campagna D, Han A, Blevins S, et al. Cdk5rap2 regulates centrosome function and chromosome segregation in neuronal progenitors. Development. 2010;137:1907-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the reduction in brain size observed in humans with mutations in CDK5RAP2 is associated with impaired centrosomal function and with changes in mitotic spindle orientation during progenitor proliferation. ..
- Zhang L, Vogel W, Liu X, Topark Ngarm A, Arbogast B, Maier C, et al. Coordinated regulation of transcription factor Bcl11b activity in thymocytes by the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways and protein sumoylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26971-88 pubmed publisherThe transcriptional regulatory protein Bcl11b is essential for T-cell development. We have discovered a dynamic, MAPK-regulated pathway involving sequential, linked, and reversible post-translational modifications of Bcl11b in thymocytes...
- Tang B, Di Lena P, Schaffer L, Head S, Baldi P, Thomas E. Genome-wide identification of Bcl11b gene targets reveals role in brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23691 pubmed publisherB-cell leukemia/lymphoma 11B (Bcl11b) is a transcription factor showing predominant expression in the striatum. To date, there are no known gene targets of Bcl11b in the nervous system...
- Lickiss T, Cheung A, Hutchinson C, Taylor J, Molnar Z. Examining the relationship between early axon growth and transcription factor expression in the developing cerebral cortex. J Anat. 2012;220:201-11 pubmed publisherThe transcription factors Satb2 (special AT-rich sequence binding protein 2) and Ctip2 (COUP-TF interacting protein 2) have been shown to be required for callosal and corticospinal axon growth respectively from subtypes of cerebral ..
- Senawong T, Peterson V, Avram D, Shepherd D, Frye R, Minucci S, et al. Involvement of the histone deacetylase SIRT1 in chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF)-interacting protein 2-mediated transcriptional repression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43041-50 pubmedChicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF)-interacting proteins 1 and 2 (CTIP1 and CTIP2) enhance transcriptional repression mediated by COUP-TF II and have been implicated in hematopoietic cell development and ..
- Feng L, Cooper J. Dual functions of Dab1 during brain development. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:324-32 pubmed publisher..These results show that Reelin-induced Akt stimulation and Dab1 turnover are not sufficient for normal development and suggest that Dab1 acts both as a kinase switch and as a scaffold for assembling signaling complexes in vivo. ..
- Li S, Jin Z, Koirala S, Bu L, Xu L, Hynes R, et al. GPR56 regulates pial basement membrane integrity and cortical lamination. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5817-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a putative ligand of GPR56 is localized in the marginal zone or overlying extracellular matrix. These observations provide compelling evidence that GPR56 functions in regulating pial BM integrity during cortical development...
- Jung H, Nobumori C, Goulbourne C, Tu Y, Lee J, Tatar A, et al. Farnesylation of lamin B1 is important for retention of nuclear chromatin during neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E1923-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, farnesylation of lamin B1--but not lamin B2--is crucial for brain development and for retaining chromatin within the bounds of the nuclear lamina during neuronal migration...
- Franco S, Gil Sanz C, Martinez Garay I, Espinosa A, Harkins Perry S, Ramos C, et al. Fate-restricted neural progenitors in the mammalian cerebral cortex. Science. 2012;337:746-9 pubmed publisher..Because upper cortical layers were expanded during primate evolution, amplification of this RGC pool may have facilitated human brain evolution. ..
- Britanova O, de Juan Romero C, Cheung A, Kwan K, Schwark M, Gyorgy A, et al. Satb2 is a postmitotic determinant for upper-layer neuron specification in the neocortex. Neuron. 2008;57:378-92 pubmed publisher..b>Ctip2, a gene required for the formation of the corticospinal tract, is ectopically expressed in all UL1 neurons in the ..
- Cappello S, Böhringer C, Bergami M, Conzelmann K, Ghanem A, Tomassy G, et al. A radial glia-specific role of RhoA in double cortex formation. Neuron. 2012;73:911-24 pubmed publisher..These data not only demonstrate that RhoA is largely dispensable for migration in neurons but also showed that defects in radial glial cells, rather than neurons, can be sufficient to produce SBH. ..
- Uddin M, Zhang Y, Harton J, MacNamara K, Avram D. TNF-?-dependent hematopoiesis following Bcl11b deletion in T cells restricts metastatic melanoma. J Immunol. 2014;192:1946-53 pubmed publisherUsing several tumor models, we demonstrate that mice deficient in Bcl11b in T cells, although having reduced numbers of T cells in the peripheral lymphoid organs, developed significantly less tumors compared with wild-type mice...
- Go R, Hirose S, Katsuragi Y, Obata M, Abe M, Mishima Y, et al. Cell of origin in radiation-induced premalignant thymocytes with differentiation capability in mice conditionally losing one Bcl11b allele. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1009-16 pubmed publisherb>Bcl11b is a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor, mutations or deletion of which has been found in 10-16% of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias...
- Eguren M, Porlan E, Manchado E, Garcia Higuera I, Canamero M, Farinas I, et al. The APC/C cofactor Cdh1 prevents replicative stress and p53-dependent cell death in neural progenitors. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2880 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the inactivation of Cdh1 in vivo results in replicative stress, cell cycle arrest and cell death, supporting recent therapeutic proposals aimed to inhibit the APC/C in tumours. ..
- Roberts J, Ennajdaoui H, Edmondson C, Wirth B, Sanford J, Chen B. Splicing factor TRA2B is required for neural progenitor survival. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:372-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, TRA2B is essential for proper development of the cerebral cortex. ..
- Kraushar M, Thompson K, Wijeratne H, Viljetić B, Sakers K, Marson J, et al. Temporally defined neocortical translation and polysome assembly are determined by the RNA-binding protein Hu antigen R. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E3815-24 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a crucial role for HuR in neocortical development as a translational gatekeeper for functionally related mRNA subgroups and polysomal protein specificity. ..
- Dudok J, Sanz A, Lundvig D, Wijnholds J. MPP3 is required for maintenance of the apical junctional complex, neuronal migration, and stratification in the developing cortex. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8518-27 pubmed publisher..These data show that MPP3 is required for maintenance of the apical protein complex and adherens junctions and for stratification and proper migration of neurons during the development of the cortex. ..
- Hennen E, Safina D, Haussmann U, Wörsdörfer P, Edenhofer F, Poetsch A, et al. A LewisX glycoprotein screen identifies the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) as a modulator of oligodendrogenesis in mice. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16538-45 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide first evidence that LRP1 is necessary for the differentiation of neural stem cells toward oligodendrocytes. However, this function is independent of LeX glycosylation. ..
- Liu M, Guan Z, Shen Q, Flinter F, Dominguez L, Ahn J, et al. Ulk4 Regulates Neural Stem Cell Pool. Stem Cells. 2016;34:2318-31 pubmed publisher..ULK4, therefore, may significantly contribute to neurodevelopmental, neuropsychiatric, and neurodegenerative disorders. Stem Cells 2016;34:2318-2331. ..
- Kamimura K, Ohi H, Kubota T, Okazuka K, Yoshikai Y, Wakabayashi Y, et al. Haploinsufficiency of Bcl11b for suppression of lymphomagenesis and thymocyte development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:538-42 pubmedRecurrent chromosomal rearrangements at BCL11B are found in human hematopoietic malignancies mostly of T-cell origin...
- Simon R, Baumann L, Fischer J, Seigfried F, de Bruyckere E, Liu P, et al. Structure-function integrity of the adult hippocampus depends on the transcription factor Bcl11b/Ctip2. Genes Brain Behav. 2016;15:405-19 pubmed publisher..Ongoing adult neurogenesis is a prerequisite for the maintenance of adult hippocampal functionality. Bcl11b, a zinc finger transcription factor, is expressed by postmitotic granule cells in the developing as well as adult ..
- Büttner N, Johnsen S, Kügler S, Vogel T. Af9/Mllt3 interferes with Tbr1 expression through epigenetic modification of histone H3K79 during development of the cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7042-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study identified AF9 as a developmental active epigenetic modifier during the generation of cortical projection neurons. ..
- Nandi S, Gokhan S, Dai X, Wei S, Enikolopov G, Lin H, et al. The CSF-1 receptor ligands IL-34 and CSF-1 exhibit distinct developmental brain expression patterns and regulate neural progenitor cell maintenance and maturation. Dev Biol. 2012;367:100-13 pubmed publisher..Thus our results also indicate novel roles for the CSF-1R in the regulation of corticogenesis. ..
- Komai T, Iwanari H, Mochizuki Y, Hamakubo T, Shinkai Y. Expression of the mouse PR domain protein Prdm8 in the developing central nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:503-14 pubmed publisher..These results show that Prdm8 expression is tightly regulated in a spatio-temporal manner during neural development and mainly restricted to postmitotic neurons, except in the spinal cord. ..
- van den Berghe V, Stappers E, Vandesande B, Dimidschstein J, Kroes R, Francis A, et al. Directed migration of cortical interneurons depends on the cell-autonomous action of Sip1. Neuron. 2013;77:70-82 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that Sip1, through tuning of Unc5b levels, is essential for cortical interneuron guidance. ..
- Zembrzycki A, Perez Garcia C, Wang C, Chou S, O Leary D. Postmitotic regulation of sensory area patterning in the mammalian neocortex by Lhx2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6736-41 pubmed publisher..Our results reemphasize critical roles for Lhx2 that acts as one of the terminal selector genes in controlling principal properties of neurons. ..
- Insolera R, Shao W, Airik R, Hildebrandt F, Shi S. SDCCAG8 regulates pericentriolar material recruitment and neuronal migration in the developing cortex. Neuron. 2014;83:805-22 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a critical role for SDCCAG8 in controlling centrosomal properties and function, and provide insights into the basis of neurological defects linked to SDCCAG8 mutations. ..
- Sun J, Rockowitz S, Xie Q, Ashery Padan R, Zheng D, Cvekl A. Identification of in vivo DNA-binding mechanisms of Pax6 and reconstruction of Pax6-dependent gene regulatory networks during forebrain and lens development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:6827-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies provide genome-wide analysis of Pax6-dependent GRNs in lens and forebrain and establish novel roles of Pax6 in organogenesis. ..
- Issa L, Kraemer N, Rickert C, Sifringer M, Ninnemann O, Stoltenburg Didinger G, et al. CDK5RAP2 expression during murine and human brain development correlates with pathology in primary autosomal recessive microcephaly. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:2245-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings in human tissue confirm those in mouse tissues, underlining the function of CDK5RAP2 in cell proliferation and arguing for a conserved role of this protein in the development of the mammalian cerebral cortex. ..
- Dixit R, Wilkinson G, Cancino G, Shaker T, Adnani L, Li S, et al. Neurog1 and Neurog2 control two waves of neuronal differentiation in the piriform cortex. J Neurosci. 2014;34:539-53 pubmed publisher..Neurog1 and Neurog2 thus have unique and redundant functions in the piriform cortex, controlling the timing of differentiation of early-born CR/lot cells and specifying the identities of later-born layer II/III neurons. ..
- Wang H, Ge G, Uchida Y, Luu B, Ahn S. Gli3 is required for maintenance and fate specification of cortical progenitors. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6440-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Gli3 is required for maintaining the cortical progenitors in active cell cycle, suggesting that cells may acquire differentiated status as they turn off Gli3 expression during neurogenesis. ..
- Shibasaki T, Tokunaga A, Sakamoto R, Sagara H, Noguchi S, Sasaoka T, et al. PTB deficiency causes the loss of adherens junctions in the dorsal telencephalon and leads to lethal hydrocephalus. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:1824-35 pubmed publisher..5. These findings demonstrated that PTB depletion in the dorsal telencephalon is causally involved in the development of HC and that PTB is important for the maintenance of AJs in the NSCs of the dorsal telencephalon. ..
- Nishiguchi Y, Ohmoto M, Koki J, Enomoto T, Kominami R, Matsumoto I, et al. Bcl11b/Ctip2 is required for development of lingual papillae in mice. Dev Biol. 2016;416:98-110 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Bcl11b, a zinc finger transcription factor, plays an important role in the development of lingual papillae, especially ..
- Muralidharan B, Khatri Z, Maheshwari U, Gupta R, Roy B, Pradhan S, et al. LHX2 Interacts with the NuRD Complex and Regulates Cortical Neuron Subtype Determinants Fezf2 and Sox11. J Neurosci. 2017;37:194-203 pubmed publisher..Loss of LHX2 produces an increase, and overexpression of LHX2 causes a decrease, in layer 5 Fezf2 and CTIP2-expressing neurons...
- Sessa A, Ciabatti E, Drechsel D, Massimino L, Colasante G, Giannelli S, et al. The Tbr2 Molecular Network Controls Cortical Neuronal Differentiation Through Complementary Genetic and Epigenetic Pathways. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:3378-3396 pubmed publisher..These data identify TBR2 as a major determinant of the INP-specific traits by regulating both genetic and epigenetic pathways. ..
- Martinez Garay I, Guidi L, Holloway Z, Bailey M, Lyngholm D, Schneider T, et al. Normal radial migration and lamination are maintained in dyslexia-susceptibility candidate gene homolog Kiaa0319 knockout mice. Brain Struct Funct. 2017;222:1367-1384 pubmed publisher..The constitutive and conditional knockout lines reported here will be useful tools for further functional analyses of Kiaa0319. ..
- Yoon K, Ringeling F, Vissers C, Jacob F, Pokrass M, Jimenez Cyrus D, et al. Temporal Control of Mammalian Cortical Neurogenesis by m6A Methylation. Cell. 2017;171:877-889.e17 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies an epitranscriptomic mechanism in heightened transcriptional coordination during mammalian cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Shibata K, Yamada H, Nakamura M, Hatano S, Katsuragi Y, Kominami R, et al. IFN-?-producing and IL-17-producing ?? T cells differentiate at distinct developmental stages in murine fetal thymus. J Immunol. 2014;192:2210-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal that ?? T cells are functionally differentiated to IFN-? and IL-17 producers at different developmental stages in fetal thymus. ..
- Jiang D, Liang J, Hodge J, Lu B, Zhu Z, Yu S, et al. Regulation of pulmonary fibrosis by chemokine receptor CXCR3. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:291-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate a nonredundant role for CXCR3 in limiting tissue fibroproliferation and suggest that this effect may be mediated, in part, by the innate production of IFN-gamma following lung injury. ..
- Morello F, Prasad A, Rehberg K, Vieira de SÃ¡ R, AntÃ³n BolaÃ±os N, Leyva Díaz E, et al. Frizzled3 Controls Axonal Polarity and Intermediate Target Entry during Striatal Pathway Development. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14205-19 pubmed publisher..e., striatal and thalamocortical axons). ..
- Chen C, Lee G, Pourmorady A, Sock E, Donoghue M. Orchestration of Neuronal Differentiation and Progenitor Pool Expansion in the Developing Cortex by SoxC Genes. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10629-42 pubmed publisher..This work reveals an intricately structured molecular architecture for SoxC molecules, with Sox11 acting in a select set of cortical neurons and Sox4 playing an unanticipated role in designating secondary progenitors. ..
- Fujimura K, Mitsuhashi T, Shibata S, Shimozato S, Takahashi T. In Utero Exposure to Valproic Acid Induces Neocortical Dysgenesis via Dysregulation of Neural Progenitor Cell Proliferation/Differentiation. J Neurosci. 2016;36:10908-10919 pubmed..Further, we suggest that histone deacetylase inhibition by VPA may be involved in the dysregulation of proliferation/differentiation characteristics of NPCs. ..
- Wu X, Gu X, Han X, Du A, Jiang Y, Zhang X, et al. A novel function for Foxm1 in interkinetic nuclear migration in the developing telencephalon and anxiety-related behavior. J Neurosci. 2014;34:1510-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ablation of Foxm1 causes anxiety-related behaviors in adulthood. Thus, this study provides evidence of linkages among the cell cycle regulator Foxm1, INM, and adult behavior. ..
- Ravindran E, Hu H, Yuzwa S, Hernández Miranda L, Kraemer N, Ninnemann O, et al. Homozygous ARHGEF2 mutation causes intellectual disability and midbrain-hindbrain malformation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006746 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the crucial function of ARHGEF2 in human brain development and identify a mutation in ARHGEF2 as novel cause of a neurodevelopmental disorder. ..