Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bcat2
Description: branched chain aminotransferase 2, mitochondrial
Alias: Bcat(m), Bcat-2, Eca40, branched-chain-amino-acid aminotransferase, mitochondrial
- Bledsoe R, Dawson P, Hutson S. Cloning of the rat and human mitochondrial branched chain aminotransferases (BCATm). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1339:9-13 pubmed..Finally, the nomenclature BCAT1 for the cytosolic gene and BCAT2 for the mitochondrial BCAT gene is proposed.
- Sewell W, Sparrow D, Smith A, Gonzalez D, Rappaport E, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cyclical expression of the Notch/Wnt regulator Nrarp requires modulation by Dll3 in somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;329:400-9 pubmed publisher..Towards identifying the role of Dll3 in regulating somitogenesis, Nrarp emerges as a potentially important regulator that requires Dll3 but not Lfng for normal function...
- Lynch C, Kimball S, Xu Y, Salzberg A, Kawasawa Y. Global deletion of BCATm increases expression of skeletal muscle genes associated with protein turnover. Physiol Genomics. 2015;47:569-80 pubmed publisher..Mice lacking the mitochondrial branched-chain aminotransferase (BCATm/Bcat2), which interconverts leucine and Î±-ketoisocaproate, exhibit elevated protein turnover...
- Herman M, She P, Peroni O, Lynch C, Kahn B. Adipose tissue branched chain amino acid (BCAA) metabolism modulates circulating BCAA levels. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11348-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time the capacity of adipose tissue to catabolize circulating BCAAs in vivo and that coordinate regulation of adipose-tissue BCAA enzymes may modulate circulating BCAA levels. ..
- Zimmerman H, Olson K, Chen G, Lynch C. Adipose transplant for inborn errors of branched chain amino acid metabolism in mice. Mol Genet Metab. 2013;109:345-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, subcutaneous fat transplantation may have merit as an adjunct to dietary treatment of MSUD. Additional studies are needed to further refine this approach. ..
- Lang C, Lynch C, Vary T. Alcohol-induced IGF-I resistance is ameliorated in mice deficient for mitochondrial branched-chain aminotransferase. J Nutr. 2010;140:932-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that whereas the sustained elevation in plasma BCAA is not sufficient to ameliorate the catabolic effect of acute alcohol intoxication on muscle protein synthesis, it does improve the anabolic effect of IGF-I. ..