Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp8b1
Description: ATPase, class I, type 8B, member 1
Alias: AI451886, FIC1, phospholipid-transporting ATPase IC, ATPase 8B1, p type, ATPase B1, class I, P4-ATPase flippase complex alpha subunit ATP8B1, aminophospholipid translocase, familial intrahepatic cholestasis type I
- Bruurs L, Donker L, Zwakenberg S, Zwartkruis F, Begthel H, Knisely A, et al. ATP8B1-mediated spatial organization of Cdc42 signaling maintains singularity during enterocyte polarization. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:1055-63 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the disease-associated flippase ATPase class I type 8b member 1 (ATP8B1) enables Cdc42 clustering during enterocyte polarization...
- van der Mark V, de Jonge H, Chang J, Ho Mok K, Duijst S, Vidović D, et al. The phospholipid flippase ATP8B1 mediates apical localization of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:2280-8 pubmed publisher..intrahepatic cholestasis type 1 (PFIC1) is caused by mutations in the gene encoding the phospholipid flippase ATP8B1. Apart from severe cholestatic liver disease, many PFIC1 patients develop extrahepatic symptoms characteristic of ..
- Allen R, Marquart T, Albert C, Suchy F, Wang D, Ananthanarayanan M, et al. miR-33 controls the expression of biliary transporters, and mediates statin- and diet-induced hepatotoxicity. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:882-95 pubmed publisher..We show that two of these transporters, ABCB11 and ATP8B1, are functional targets of miR-33, a micro-RNA that is expressed from within an intron of SREBP-2...
- Groen A, Romero M, Kunne C, Hoosdally S, Dixon P, Wooding C, et al. Complementary functions of the flippase ATP8B1 and the floppase ABCB4 in maintaining canalicular membrane integrity. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:1927-37.e1-4 pubmed publisherProgressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis can be caused by mutations in ABCB4 or ATP8B1; each encodes a protein that translocates phospholipids, but in opposite directions...
- Ray N, Durairaj L, Chen B, McVerry B, Ryan A, Donahoe M, et al. Dynamic regulation of cardiolipin by the lipid pump Atp8b1 determines the severity of lung injury in experimental pneumonia. Nat Med. 2010;16:1120-1127 pubmed publisher..and characterized the activity of a unique cardiolipin transporter, the P-type ATPase transmembrane lipid pump Atp8b1, a mutant version of which is associated with severe pneumonia in humans and mice...
- Muñoz Martínez F, Torres C, Castanys S, Gamarro F. CDC50A plays a key role in the uptake of the anticancer drug perifosine in human carcinoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:793-800 pubmed publisher..However, when CDC50A was co-expressed with the P4-ATPase Atp8b1, the two proteins co-localized at the plasma membrane and the uptake of aminophospholipids and perifosine ..
- Stapelbroek J, Peters T, van Beurden D, Curfs J, Joosten A, Beynon A, et al. ATP8B1 is essential for maintaining normal hearing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9709-14 pubmed publisherb>ATP8B1 deficiency is caused by autosomal recessive mutations in ATP8B1, which encodes the putative phospatidylserine flippase ATP8B1 (formerly called FIC1)...
- Kunne C, de Graaff M, Duijst S, de Waart D, Oude Elferink R, Paulusma C. Hepatic cytochrome P450 deficiency in mouse models for intrahepatic cholestasis predispose to bile salt-induced cholestasis. Lab Invest. 2014;94:1103-13 pubmed publisher..Double transgenes were obtained by backcrossing Atp8b1(G308V/G308V) and Abcb4(-/-) mice with Hrn mice that have a liver-specific disruption of the cytochrome P450 ..