Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp2a3
Description: ATPase, Ca++ transporting, ubiquitous
Alias: SERCA3b, Serca3, sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 3, SR Ca(2+)-ATPase 3, calcium pump 3, sarco /endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ -ATPase, sarcoendoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase type 3
- Kulkarni R, Roper M, Dahlgren G, Shih D, Kauri L, Peters J, et al. Islet secretory defect in insulin receptor substrate 1 null mice is linked with reduced calcium signaling and expression of sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA)-2b and -3. Diabetes. 2004;53:1517-25 pubmed
- Jaisser F, Beggah A. The nongastric H+-K+-ATPases: molecular and functional properties. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:F812-24 pubmed..Extensive studies will be required in the future to better understand the physiological role of these H-K-ATPases, especially in disease processes including ionic or acid-base disorders. ..
- Ozog A, Pouzet B, Bobe R, Lompre A. Characterization of the 3' end of the mouse SERCA 3 gene and tissue distribution of mRNA spliced variants. FEBS Lett. 1998;427:349-52 pubmed
- Nakagawa H, Oberwinkler H, Nikolaev V, Gaßner B, Umbenhauer S, Wagner H, et al. Atrial natriuretic peptide locally counteracts the deleterious effects of cardiomyocyte mineralocorticoid receptor activation. Circ Heart Fail. 2014;7:814-21 pubmed publisher..ANP counter-regulates cardiac MR activation in hypertensive heart disease. An imbalance in cardiac ANP/GC-A (inhibition) and aldosterone/MR signaling (augmentation) favors adverse cardiac remodeling in chronic pressure overload. ..
- Hadri L, Ozog A, Soncin F, Lompre A. Basal transcription of the mouse sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase type 3 gene in endothelial cells is controlled by Ets-1 and Sp1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36471-8 pubmedWe reported previously that the sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase type 3 (SERCA3) gene is expressed in many tissues and in a subset of cells such as endothelial, epithelial, and lymphoid lineages...
- Shull G. Gene knockout studies of Ca2+-transporting ATPases. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:5284-90 pubmed..These studies are yielding important insights regarding the physiological functions of individual Ca2+-transporting ATPases in vivo. ..
- Tuvia S, Buhusi M, Davis L, Reedy M, Bennett V. Ankyrin-B is required for intracellular sorting of structurally diverse Ca2+ homeostasis proteins. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:995-1008 pubmed..Similar mechanisms involving ankyrins may be essential for segregation of functionally defined proteins within specialized regions of the plasma membrane and within the Ca(2+) homeostasis compartment of the ER. ..
- Paul R. The role of phospholamban and SERCA3 in regulation of smooth muscle-endothelial cell signalling mechanisms: evidence from gene-ablated mice. Acta Physiol Scand. 1998;164:589-97 pubmed..Data from smooth muscle tissues of the SERCA3 gene-ablated mouse demonstrate that this isoform affects endothelium-dependent function, but not that of smooth ..
- Dode L, De Greef C, Mountian I, Attard M, Town M, Casteels R, et al. Structure of the human sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase 3 gene. Promoter analysis and alternative splicing of the SERCA3 pre-mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13982-94 pubmed..included, or totally included, thus generating, respectively, SERCA3a (human and mouse, 999 amino acids (aa)), SERCA3b (human, 1043 aa; mouse, 1038 aa), or SERCA3c (human, 1024 aa; mouse, 1021 aa) isoforms with different C termini...
- Anderson D, Anderson K, Chang C, Makarewich C, Nelson B, McAnally J, et al. A micropeptide encoded by a putative long noncoding RNA regulates muscle performance. Cell. 2015;160:595-606 pubmed publisher..These findings identify MLN as an important regulator of skeletal muscle physiology and highlight the possibility that additional micropeptides are encoded in the many RNAs currently annotated as noncoding. ..
- Elaib Z, Adam F, Berrou E, Bordet J, Prevost N, Bobe R, et al. Full activation of mouse platelets requires ADP secretion regulated by SERCA3 ATPase-dependent calcium stores. Blood. 2016;128:1129-38 pubmed publisherThe role of the sarco-endoplasmic reticulum calcium (Ca(2+)) adenosine triphosphatase (ATPase) 3 (SERCA3) in platelet physiology remains poorly understood...