Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp1b2
Description: ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, beta 2 polypeptide
Alias: Amog, Atpb-2, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit beta-2, adhesion molecule in glia, glial cell adhesion molecule, sodium/potassium-dependent ATPase subunit beta-2
- Pressmar S, Ader M, Richard G, Schachner M, Bartsch U. The fate of heterotopically grafted neural precursor cells in the normal and dystrophic adult mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:3311-9 pubmed..Results of the present study also indicate that replacement of retinal cell types is likely to require more appropriate donor cells, such as retinal precursor cells. ..
- Schulte B, Steel K. Expression of alpha and beta subunit isoforms of Na,K-ATPase in the mouse inner ear and changes with mutations at the Wv or Sld loci. Hear Res. 1994;78:65-76 pubmed..Thus, failure of mutants to generate a positive EP could be explained by the absence of intermediate cells which may form the final link in the conduit for moving K+ from perilymph to the intrastrial compartment. ..
- Liu Q, Guntuku S, Cui X, Matsuoka S, Cortez D, Tamai K, et al. Chk1 is an essential kinase that is regulated by Atr and required for the G(2)/M DNA damage checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1448-59 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that Chk1 plays an essential role in the mammalian DNA damage checkpoint, embryonic development, and tumor suppression, and that Atr regulates Chk1. ..
- Tokhtaeva E, Clifford R, Kaplan J, Sachs G, Vagin O. Subunit isoform selectivity in assembly of Na,K-ATPase ?-? heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26115-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the diversity of the ?-? Na,K-ATPase heterodimers in vivo is determined not only by cell-specific co-expression of particular isoforms, but also by selective association of the ? and ? subunit isoforms. ..
- Friedrich U, Stohr H, Hilfinger D, Loenhardt T, Schachner M, Langmann T, et al. The Na/K-ATPase is obligatory for membrane anchorage of retinoschisin, the protein involved in the pathogenesis of X-linked juvenile retinoschisis. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1132-42 pubmed publisher..A recent proteomic approach identified the Na/K-ATPase subunits ATP1A3 and ATP1B2 as binding partners of retinoschisin...
- Molday L, Wu W, Molday R. Retinoschisin (RS1), the protein encoded by the X-linked retinoschisis gene, is anchored to the surface of retinal photoreceptor and bipolar cells through its interactions with a Na/K ATPase-SARM1 complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32792-801 pubmed..This interaction may be part of a novel SARM1-mediated cell signaling pathway required for the maintenance of retinal cell organization and photoreceptor-bipolar synaptic structure. ..
- Blackburn C, Griffith J, Morahan G. A high-resolution map of the chromosomal region surrounding the nude gene. Genomics. 1995;26:308-17 pubmed..We also report the typing of the above microsatellite markers in the AKXD, AKXL, BXD, CXB, and BXH recombinant inbred strains, which confirmed the relative order and separation of loci in this region. ..
- Rajantie I, Ekman N, Iljin K, Arighi E, Gunji Y, Kaukonen J, et al. Bmx tyrosine kinase has a redundant function downstream of angiopoietin and vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in arterial endothelium. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4647-55 pubmed..Thus, the Bmx tyrosine kinase has a redundant role in arterial endothelial signal transduction downstream of the Tie-2 and VEGFR-1 growth factor receptors. ..
- Chiang P, Baldacci P, Babinet C, Camper S, Watkins Chow D, Baker D, et al. Linkage mapping of murine homolog of the yeast SPT6 gene to MMU11B1. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:459-60 pubmed
- Shyjan A, Canfield V, Levenson R. Evolution of the Na,K- and H,K-ATPase beta subunit gene family: structure of the murine Na,K-ATPase beta 2 subunit gene. Genomics. 1991;11:435-42 pubmedWe have cloned and characterized the mouse Na,K-ATPase beta 2 subunit gene (Atp1b2). The gene spans approximately 7 kb and is split into seven exons...
- Morris Rosendahl D, Schriever Schwemmer G, Robinson T. Derivation and characterization of a somatic cell hybrid containing the portion of mouse chromosome 11 (MMU11) homologous to human chromosome 17q. J Hered. 1996;87:252-8 pubmed..Loci for D11Mit5, Rpo2-1, Trp53, Glut4, Acrb, and Atplb2 could all be localized proximal to the T16Ad breakpoint in band B5, between bands B1 and B5 on MMU11. ..
- Jiang S, Chiou Y, Wang E, Lin H, Lin Y, Chi Y, et al. Defining a link with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in mice with congenitally low expression of Pkd1. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:205-20 pubmed..Abnormalities in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase, aquaporin-2, and vasopressin V2 receptor expression were also identified. This mouse model may be suitable for further studies of progression and therapeutic interventions of ADPKD. ..
- Kao L, Kurtz L, Shao X, Papadopoulos M, Liu L, Bok D, et al. Severe neurologic impairment in mice with targeted disruption of the electrogenic sodium bicarbonate cotransporter NBCe2 (Slc4a5 gene). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32563-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first demonstration of the fundamental importance of NBCe2 in the biology of the nervous system. ..
- Macphee D, Jones D, Barr K, Betts D, Watson A, Kidder G. Differential involvement of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase isozymes in preimplantation development of the mouse. Dev Biol. 2000;222:486-98 pubmed..Our findings imply that the regulation of sodium transport within the preimplantation mouse embryo is more complex than had been appreciated. ..
- McGinnis J, Lerious V, Pazik J, Elliott R. Chromosomal assignment of the recoverin gene and cancer-associated retinopathy. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:43-5 pubmed..On the basis of these data, knowledge of the function of recoverin, and the characteristics of CAR, an experimentally testable model is presented to explain the molecular basis for CAR. ..
- Magyar J, Schachner M. Genomic structure of the adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG, Na/K-ATPase beta 2 subunit). Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6695-6 pubmed
- Kleene R, Loers G, Langer J, Frobert Y, Buck F, Schachner M. Prion protein regulates glutamate-dependent lactate transport of astrocytes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12331-40 pubmed..The functional interplay between PrP, GluR2, alpha2/beta2-ATPase, basigin, and MCT1 in regulating lactate transport of astrocytes may be functional in the metabolic cross talk between astrocytes and neurons, most likely under stress. ..
- Nehls M, Lüno K, Schorpp M, Pfeifer D, Krause S, Matysiak Scholze U, et al. YAC/P1 contigs defining the location of 56 microsatellite markers and several genes across a 3.4-cM interval on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:321-31 pubmed..In the cryb1/Nf1 interval of the central contig, several new genes have been identified by exon trapping and precisely localized with respect to known STS markers. ..
- Pagliusi S, Schachner M, Seeburg P, Shivers B. The Adhesion Molecule on Glia (AMOG) Is Widely Expressed by Astrocytes in Developing and Adult Mouse Brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1990;2:471-480 pubmedAdhesion molecule on glia (AMOG) is a 45 - 50 kD cell surface glycoprotein structurally similar to the Na, K-ATPase beta-subunit and associated with the catalytic subunit of this enzyme...
- Pagliusi S, Antonicek H, Gloor S, Frank R, Moos M, Schachner M. Identification of a cDNA clone specific for the neural cell adhesion molecule AMOG. J Neurosci Res. 1989;22:113-9 pubmedA cDNA clone of the neural cell adhesion molecule AMOG was isolated from a lambda gt10 library constructed from 8-day-old mouse brain poly(A) + RNA with a 17mer oligonucleotide probe designed from a nonapeptide sequence obtained from ..
- Gloor S, Antonicek H, Sweadner K, Pagliusi S, Frank R, Moos M, et al. The adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG) is a homologue of the beta subunit of the Na,K-ATPase. J Cell Biol. 1990;110:165-74 pubmedb>AMOG (adhesion molecule on glia) is a Ca2(+)-independent adhesion molecule which mediates selective neuron-astrocyte interaction in vitro (Antonicek, H., E. Persohn, and M. Schachner. 1987. J. Cell Biol. 104:1587-1595)...
- Cougnon M, Moseley A, Radzyukevich T, Lingrel J, Heiny J. Na,K-ATPase alpha- and beta-isoform expression in developing skeletal muscles: alpha(2) correlates with t-tubule formation. Pflugers Arch. 2002;445:123-31 pubmed..The Na,K-ATPase alpha(2) subunit is expressed during development when the t-tubules form. These results suggest that the alpha(2) isoform may serve, in part, a physiological role in the muscle t-tubules. ..
- Malo D, Schurr E, Levenson R, Gros P. Assignment of Na,K-ATPase beta 2-subunit gene (Atpb-2) to mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1990;6:697-9 pubmed
- Scheidenhelm D, Cresswell J, Haipek C, Fleming T, Mercer R, Gutmann D. Akt-dependent cell size regulation by the adhesion molecule on glia occurs independently of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Rheb signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3151-62 pubmed..Expression of adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG) is downregulated in human and mouse gliomas, suggesting that AMOG may be important for growth regulation in the ..
- Magyar J, Bartsch U, Wang Z, Howells N, Aguzzi A, Wagner E, et al. Degeneration of neural cells in the central nervous system of mice deficient in the gene for the adhesion molecule on Glia, the beta 2 subunit of murine Na,K-ATPase. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:835-45 pubmedWe generated mice, null mutant in the adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG), the beta 2 subunit of the murine Na,K-ATPase gene...
- Santos J, Perez de Castro I, Herranz M, Fernandez Piqueras J. Eight new polymorphic microsatellites in mouse gene loci. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;71:223-4 pubmedEight mouse gene loci (Atp1b2, Epo, Kit, Krt2, Mor1, Ren1, Pdgfb, and Wnt1) that contain unidentified microsatellites were selected to detect simple sequence-length polymorphisms on genomic DNAs from two laboratory strains (C57BL/6J and ..
- Molthagen M, Schachner M, Bartsch U. Apoptotic cell death of photoreceptor cells in mice deficient for the adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG, the beta 2- subunit of the Na, K-ATPase). J Neurocytol. 1996;25:243-55 pubmedDisruption of the gene for the adhesion molecule on glia (AMOG, the beta 2-subunit of the Na, K-ATPase) in mice results in swelling and subsequent degeneration of astrocyte endfeet in the brainstem and in cell death of photoreceptor cells ..
- Hsieh C, Cheng Deutsch A, Gloor S, Schachner M, Francke U. Assignment of Amog (adhesion molecule on glia) gene to mouse chromosome 11 near Zfp-3 and Asgr-1,2 and to human chromosome 17. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1990;16:401-5 pubmedb>AMOG, identified as an adhesion molecule that mediates neuron-astrocyte interaction, has structural similarity to the beta-subunit of Na,K ATPase...