Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp1b1
Description: ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, beta 1 polypeptide
Alias: Atp4b, Atpb, Atpb-1, NKbeta1, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit beta-1, sodium/potassium ATPase beta subunit, sodium/potassium-dependent ATPase subunit beta-1
- Macphee D, Jones D, Barr K, Betts D, Watson A, Kidder G. Differential involvement of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase isozymes in preimplantation development of the mouse. Dev Biol. 2000;222:486-98 pubmed..Our findings imply that the regulation of sodium transport within the preimplantation mouse embryo is more complex than had been appreciated. ..
- Mercer R, Schneider J, Savitz A, Emanuel J, Benz E, Levenson R. Rat-brain Na,K-ATPase beta-chain gene: primary structure, tissue-specific expression, and amplification in ouabain-resistant HeLa C+ cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1986;6:3884-90 pubmed..These results suggest that the beta-subunit plays an important role in Na,K-ATPase structure-function and in the mechanism underlying cellular resistance to the cardiac glycosides. ..
- Machado Aranda D, Suresh M, Yu B, Raghavendran K. Electroporation-mediated in vivo gene delivery of the Na+/K+-ATPase pump reduced lung injury in a mouse model of lung contusion. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;72:32-9; discussion 39-40 pubmed publisher..Electroporation-mediated gene transfer of the subunits of the Na+/K+-ATPase pump enhanced recovery from acute inflammatory lung injury after LC. ..
- Kitamura N, Ikekita M, Sato T, Akimoto Y, Hatanaka Y, Kawakami H, et al. Mouse Na+/K+-ATPase beta1-subunit has a K+-dependent cell adhesion activity for beta-GlcNAc-terminating glycans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2796-801 pubmed..These results indicate that the Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase beta1-subunit is a potassium-dependent lectin that binds to GlcNAc-terminating oligosaccharides: it may be involved in neural cell interactions. ..
- Dilg D, Saleh R, Phelps S, Rose Y, Dupays L, Murphy C, et al. HIRA Is Required for Heart Development and Directly Regulates Tnni2 and Tnnt3. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161096 pubmed publisher..Thus, we show here that HIRA has locus-specific effects on gene expression and that histone chaperone activity is vital for normal heart development, impinging on pathways regulated by an established cardiac transcription factor. ..
- Dubey M, Bugiani M, Ridder M, Postma N, Brouwers E, Polder E, et al. Mice with megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with cysts: a developmental angle. Ann Neurol. 2015;77:114-31 pubmed publisher..MLC1 expression affects expression of GlialCAM and ClC-2. Abnormal interplay between these proteins is part of the pathomechanisms of MLC. ..
- Kato K. A Collection of cDNA Clones with Specific Expression Patterns in Mouse Brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1990;2:704-711 pubmed..Among them seven clones were especially abundant in specific nuclei, and three in specific fibre bundles. These clones will be useful in defining new subpopulations of brain cells characterized by different gene expression. ..
- Nomura M, Takihara Y, Shimada K. Isolation and characterization of retinoic acid-inducible cDNA clones in F9 cells: one of the early inducible clones encodes a novel protein sharing several highly homologous regions with a Drosophila polyhomeotic protein. Differentiation. 1994;57:39-50 pubmed..As the Drosophila polyhomeotic gene is involved in regulating morphogenesis, the rae-28 gene may participate in regulating early mammalian development...
- Cockburn K, Biechele S, Garner J, Rossant J. The Hippo pathway member Nf2 is required for inner cell mass specification. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1195-201 pubmed publisher..Together, these data establish a clear role for Nf2 upstream of Yap in the preimplantation embryo and demonstrate that Hippo signaling is essential to segregate the ICM from the TE. ..
- Crump R, Askew G, Wert S, Lingrel J, Joiner C. In situ localization of sodium-potassium ATPase mRNA in developing mouse lung epithelium. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:L299-308 pubmed
- Pirson M, Knoops B. Expression of peroxiredoxins and thioredoxins in the mouse spinal cord during embryonic development. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:2599-617 pubmed publisher..These striking expression patterns suggest novel functions of these enzymes at these stages and offer clues to the role of the Trx/Prdx system during embryonic development of the spinal cord. ..
- Su Y, Al Lamki R, Blake Palmer K, Best A, Golder Z, Zhou A, et al. Physical and functional links between anion exchanger-1 and sodium pump. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:400-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a requirement of Î²1 for proper kidney AE1 membrane residency, and that activities of AE1 and the sodium pump are coregulated in kidney. ..
- Mao H, Ferguson T, Cibulsky S, Holmqvist M, Ding C, Fei H, et al. MONaKA, a novel modulator of the plasma membrane Na,K-ATPase. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7934-43 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that MONaKA modulates brain Na,K-ATPase and may thereby participate in the regulation of electrical excitability and synaptic transmission. ..
- Xu J, Lee Y, Lee K, Kwok K, Lee W, Luk J, et al. Embryotrophic factor-3 from human oviductal cells enhances proliferation, suppresses apoptosis and stimulates the expression of the beta1 subunit of sodium-potassium ATPase in mouse embryos. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:2919-26 pubmed..Supplementating human embryo culture medium with ETF-3 may improve the success rate in clinical assisted reproduction. ..
- Mullick A, Trasler D, Gros P. High-resolution linkage map in the vicinity of the Lp locus. Genomics. 1995;26:479-88 pubmed..These studies have allowed the delineation of a maximum genetic interval for Lp of 0.5 cM, a size amenable to physical mapping techniques. ..
- Yu Z, Liu N, Wang Y, Li X, Wang X. Identification of neuroglobin-interacting proteins using yeast two-hybrid screening. Neuroscience. 2012;200:99-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide molecular targets for investigating protein interaction-based biological functions and neuroprotective mechanisms of Ngb. ..
- Takagishi M, Sawada M, Ohata S, Asai N, Enomoto A, Takahashi K, et al. Daple Coordinates Planar Polarized Microtubule Dynamics in Ependymal Cells and Contributes to Hydrocephalus. Cell Rep. 2017;20:960-972 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an important role for Daple in planar polarity in motile cilia and provide a framework for understanding the mechanisms and functions of planar polarization in the ependymal cells. ..
- Masat L, Cascalho M, Wabl M. Loss of the beta 1 subunit of the sodium pump during lymphocyte differentiation. Eur J Immunol. 1996;26:2731-5 pubmed..While there is no indication that there is a change in alpha subunit isoform expression as a result of lymphocyte activation or that it is expressed in smaller amounts, there is a switch in the expression of the beta isoform. ..
- Barisoni L, Trudel M, Chretien N, Ward L, van Adelsberg J, D AGATI V. Analysis of the role of membrane polarity in polycystic kidney disease of transgenic SBM mice. Am J Pathol. 1995;147:1728-35 pubmed
- Mayeda A, Hofstetter J. A QTL for the genetic variance in free-running period and level of locomotor activity between inbred strains of mice. Behav Genet. 1999;29:171-6 pubmed..In addition, these data suggest that this region has a QTL for the mean amount of daily activity and for the pattern of locomotor activity. ..
- Gorokhova S, Bibert S, Geering K, Heintz N. A novel family of transmembrane proteins interacting with beta subunits of the Na,K-ATPase. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2394-410 pubmed..The neuronal expression of NKAIN proteins, their membrane localization and the temperature-sensitive paralysis of NKAIN Drosophila mutants strongly suggest that this novel protein family may be critical for neuronal function. ..
- Gloor S. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the mouse Na,K-ATPase beta-subunit. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:10117 pubmed
- Schulte B, Steel K. Expression of alpha and beta subunit isoforms of Na,K-ATPase in the mouse inner ear and changes with mutations at the Wv or Sld loci. Hear Res. 1994;78:65-76 pubmed..Thus, failure of mutants to generate a positive EP could be explained by the absence of intermediate cells which may form the final link in the conduit for moving K+ from perilymph to the intrastrial compartment. ..
- Flodby P, Kim Y, Beard L, Gao D, Ji Y, Kage H, et al. Knockout Mice Reveal a Major Role for Alveolar Epithelial Type I Cells in Alveolar Fluid Clearance. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016;55:395-406 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they support the feasibility of a general approach to altering alveolar epithelial function in a cell-specific manner that allows direct insights into AT1 versus AT2 cell-specific roles in the lung. ..
- Honda K, Kim S, Kelly M, Burns J, Constance L, Li X, et al. Molecular architecture underlying fluid absorption by the developing inner ear. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We propose a molecular mechanism for resorption of NaCl by MRCs during development, and conclude that disruption of this mechanism is the root cause of hearing loss associated with EES. ..
- Mladinov D, Liu Y, Mattson D, Liang M. MicroRNAs contribute to the maintenance of cell-type-specific physiological characteristics: miR-192 targets Na+/K+-ATPase ?1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1273-83 pubmed publisher..miR-192 and its predicted target the ?-1 subunit of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase (Atp1b1), an enzyme providing the driving force for tubular transport, were inversely enriched in kidney regions...
- Oakey R, Watson M, Seldin M. Construction of a physical map on mouse and human chromosome 1: comparison of 13 Mb of mouse and 11 Mb of human DNA. Hum Mol Genet. 1992;1:613-20 pubmed..These data support the use of comparative mapping in physical map construction and further suggest the value of using mouse genetics to help define human disease loci. ..
- Erichsen S, Berger S, Schmid W, Stierna P, Hultcrantz M. Na,K-ATPase expression in the mouse cochlea is not dependent on the mineralocorticoid receptor. Hear Res. 2001;160:37-46 pubmed..The hypothesis that mineralocorticoid hormone alone via MR stimulates the formation of Na,K-ATPase in the inner ear could not be confirmed by this study, and other regulating mechanisms must be considered. ..
- Barwe S, Jordan M, Skay A, Inge L, Rajasekaran S, Wolle D, et al. Dysfunction of ouabain-induced cardiac contractility in mice with heart-specific ablation of Na,K-ATPase beta1-subunit. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:552-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that Na,K-beta(1) plays an essential role in regulating cardiac contractility and that its loss is associated with significant pathophysiology of the heart. ..
- Weber P, Bartsch U, Schachner M, Montag D. Na,K-ATPase subunit beta1 knock-in prevents lethality of beta2 deficiency in mice. J Neurosci. 1998;18:9192-203 pubmed
- Lubarski Gotliv I, Dey K, Kuznetsov Y, Kalchenco V, Asher C, Garty H. FXYD5 (dysadherin) may mediate metastatic progression through regulation of the ?-Na+-K+-ATPase subunit in the 4T1 mouse breast cancer model. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C108-C117 pubmed publisher..Further studies suggest that differential localization of the adaptor protein Annexin A2 in FXYD5-expressing cells may correlate with matrix metalloproteinase 9 secretion and adhesion changes in 4T1 wild-type cells. ..
- Johar K, Priya A, Wong Riley M. Regulation of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase by nuclear respiratory factor 1: implication in the tight coupling of neuronal activity, energy generation, and energy consumption. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40381-90 pubmed publisher..analysis, and real-time quantitative PCR, NRF-1 was found to functionally bind to the promoters of Atp1a1 and Atp1b1 genes but not of the Atp1a3 gene in neurons...
- Tokhtaeva E, Clifford R, Kaplan J, Sachs G, Vagin O. Subunit isoform selectivity in assembly of Na,K-ATPase ?-? heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26115-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the diversity of the ?-? Na,K-ATPase heterodimers in vivo is determined not only by cell-specific co-expression of particular isoforms, but also by selective association of the ? and ? subunit isoforms. ..
- Potter T, Hauck C, Pôças E, Diedrichs H, Adam C, Reuter H, et al. Inhibition of the alpha1beta1 isoform of the Na, K-ATPase by 8-methoxycoumestrol without positive inotropic effect in human myocardium--novel aspects of cardiac glycoside pharmacology. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2009;54:10-5 pubmed publisher
- Jiang S, Chiou Y, Wang E, Lin H, Lin Y, Chi Y, et al. Defining a link with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in mice with congenitally low expression of Pkd1. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:205-20 pubmed..Abnormalities in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase, aquaporin-2, and vasopressin V2 receptor expression were also identified. This mouse model may be suitable for further studies of progression and therapeutic interventions of ADPKD. ..
- Kent R, Fallows D, Geissler E, Glaser T, Emanuel J, Lalley P, et al. Genes encoding alpha and beta subunits of Na,K-ATPase are located on three different chromosomes in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:5369-73 pubmed..The Na,K-ATPase beta-subunit gene (Atpb) mapped to the same region of chromosome 1, but it was not tightly linked to the Atpa-3 gene...
- Watson M, Kingsmore S, Johnston G, Siegelman M, Le Beau M, Lemons R, et al. Genomic organization of the selectin family of leukocyte adhesion molecules on human and mouse chromosome 1. J Exp Med. 1990;172:263-72 pubmed..These data characterize the organization of a genomic region that may be critical for intercellular communication within the immune system. ..
- Hu L, Kontrogianni Konstantopoulos A. The kinase domains of obscurin interact with intercellular adhesion proteins. FASEB J. 2013;27:2001-12 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies demonstrate that the obscurin kinase domains are enzymatically active and may be involved in the regulation of cell adhesion. ..
- Jha S, Dryer S. The beta1 subunit of Na+/K+-ATPase interacts with BKCa channels and affects their steady-state expression on the cell surface. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:3109-14 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the beta1 subunit of Na+/K+-ATPase (NKbeta1) interacts with the cytoplasmic COOH-terminal region of Slo1 proteins...