Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp1a1
Description: ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, alpha 1 polypeptide
Alias: Atpa-1, BC010319, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit alpha-1, Na(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha-1 subunit, sodium pump subunit alpha-1
- Chen Y, Huang W, Yang M, Xin G, Cui W, Xie Z, et al. Cardiotonic Steroids Stimulate Macrophage Inflammatory Responses Through a Pathway Involving CD36, TLR4, and Na/K-ATPase. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1462-1469 pubmed publisher..These findings warrant further studies on endogenous CTS in chronic inflammatory diseases, such as atherosclerosis. ..
- Ikeda K, Satake S, Onaka T, Sugimoto H, Takeda N, Imoto K, et al. Enhanced inhibitory neurotransmission in the cerebellar cortex of Atp1a3-deficient heterozygous mice. J Physiol. 2013;591:3433-49 pubmed publisher..Our results shed light on the role of Atp1a3 in the inhibitory synapse, and potential involvement of inhibitory synaptic dysfunction for the pathophysiology of dystonia. ..
- Yang Y, Dai M, Wilson T, Omelchenko I, Klimek J, Wilmarth P, et al. Na+/K+-ATPase ?1 identified as an abundant protein in the blood-labyrinth barrier that plays an essential role in the barrier integrity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16547 pubmed publisher..components in the blood-labyrinth barrier as well as evidence that the interaction of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase ?1 (ATP1A1) with protein kinase C eta (PKC?) and occludin is one of the mechanisms of loud sound-induced vascular ..
- Sharma P, Abbasi C, Lazic S, Teng A, Wang D, Dubois N, et al. Evolutionarily conserved intercalated disc protein Tmem65 regulates cardiac conduction and connexin 43 function. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8391 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the membrane protein Tmem65 is an intercalated disc protein that interacts with and functionally regulates ventricular Cx43. ..
- Song J, Zhang X, Wang J, Cheskis E, Chan T, Feldman A, et al. Regulation of cardiac myocyte contractility by phospholemman: Na+/Ca2+ exchange versus Na+ -K+ -ATPase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H1615-25 pubmed publisher..We conclude that at the single-myocyte level, PLM affects cardiac contractility and [Ca(2+)](i) homeostasis primarily by its direct inhibitory effects on Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchange. ..
- Zhang S, Malmersjö S, Li J, Ando H, Aizman O, Uhlen P, et al. Distinct role of the N-terminal tail of the Na,K-ATPase catalytic subunit as a signal transducer. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21954-62 pubmed..Thus we have identified a well conserved Na,K-ATPase motif that binds to the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor and can trigger an anti-apoptotic calcium signal. ..
- Edwards I, Bruce G, Lawrenson C, Howe L, Clapcote S, Deuchars S, et al. Na+/K+ ATPase ?1 and ?3 isoforms are differentially expressed in ?- and ?-motoneurons. J Neurosci. 2013;33:9913-9 pubmed publisher..The selective expression of NKA?3 in ?-motoneurons and muscle spindle afferents, which may affect excitability of these neurons, has implications in motor control and disease states associated with NKA?3 dysfunction. ..
- Hilgenberg L, Pham B, Ortega M, Walid S, Kemmerly T, O Dowd D, et al. Agrin regulation of alpha3 sodium-potassium ATPase activity modulates cardiac myocyte contraction. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16956-65 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the basal frequency of myocyte contraction depends on endogenous agrin-alpha3 Na,K-ATPase interaction and suggest that agrin modulation of the alpha3 Na,K-ATPase is important in regulating heart function. ..
- Schulte B, Steel K. Expression of alpha and beta subunit isoforms of Na,K-ATPase in the mouse inner ear and changes with mutations at the Wv or Sld loci. Hear Res. 1994;78:65-76 pubmed..Thus, failure of mutants to generate a positive EP could be explained by the absence of intermediate cells which may form the final link in the conduit for moving K+ from perilymph to the intrastrial compartment. ..
- Mathieu V, Pirker C, Martin de Lassalle E, Vernier M, Mijatovic T, DeNeve N, et al. The sodium pump alpha1 sub-unit: a disease progression-related target for metastatic melanoma treatment. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3960-72 pubmed publisher..UNBS1450 also displayed marked anti-tumour activity in the aggressive human metastatic brain melanoma model in vivo. The alpha1 sodium pump sub-unit could represent a potential novel target for combating melanoma. ..
- HERRERA V, Pasion K, Moran A, Zaninello R, Ortu M, Fresu G, et al. A functional 12T-insertion polymorphism in the ATP1A1 promoter confers decreased susceptibility to hypertension in a male Sardinian population. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0116724 pubmed publisher..we report experimental evidence encompassing genetic, biochemical and in vivo modeling that altogether support ATP1A1 as a hypertension susceptibility gene in males in Sardinia, Italy...
- Della Pace I, Rambo L, Ribeiro L, Saraiva A, de Oliveira S, Silva C, et al. Triterpene 3?, 6?, 16? trihidroxilup-20(29)-ene protects against excitability and oxidative damage induced by pentylenetetrazol: the role of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity. Neuropharmacology. 2013;67:455-64 pubmed publisher..However, these results demonstrated that the effective protection of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase elicited by this compound protects against the damage due to neuronal excitability and oxidation that is induced by PTZ. ..
- Vassilopoulos S, Esk C, Hoshino S, Funke B, Chen C, Plocik A, et al. A role for the CHC22 clathrin heavy-chain isoform in human glucose metabolism. Science. 2009;324:1192-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, CHC22-dependent membrane trafficking constitutes a species-restricted pathway in human muscle and fat with potential implications for type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lin J, Zhong J, Wang S. [Effect of konjac polysaccharide on levels of leptin and Na+ -K+-ATPase of mice treated with high fat]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2009;38:207-9 pubmed..05). Konjac polysaccharide could decrease level of body weight, postprandial blood glucose, serum leptin and intestinal mucosa Na -K+-ATPase activity of mice treated with high fat. ..
- Kurihara K, Maruyama S, Hosoi K, Sato S, Ueha T, Gresik E. Regulation of Na+,K+-ATPase in submandibular glands of hypophysectomized male mice by steroid and thyroid hormones. J Histochem Cytochem. 1996;44:703-11 pubmed
- Yang S, Larsson O, Branstrom R, Bertorello A, Leibiger B, Leibiger I, et al. Syntaxin 1 interacts with the L(D) subtype of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels in pancreatic beta cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10164-9 pubmed..This suggests that there is a structure-function relationship between the alpha(1D) subunit of the L type Ca(2+) channel and the exocytotic machinery in the pancreatic beta cell. ..
- Yan X, Xun M, Dou X, Wu L, Zhang F, Zheng J. Activation of Na+-K+-ATPase with DRm217 attenuates oxidative stress-induced myocardial cell injury via closing Na+-K+-ATPase/Src/Ros amplifier. Apoptosis. 2017;22:531-543 pubmed publisher..These novel results may help us to understand the important role of the Na+-K+-ATPase in oxidative stress and oxidative stress-related disease. ..
- Tokhtaeva E, Clifford R, Kaplan J, Sachs G, Vagin O. Subunit isoform selectivity in assembly of Na,K-ATPase ?-? heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26115-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the diversity of the ?-? Na,K-ATPase heterodimers in vivo is determined not only by cell-specific co-expression of particular isoforms, but also by selective association of the ? and ? subunit isoforms. ..
- McDermott J, Sanchez G, Chennathukuzhi V, Blanco G. Green fluorescence protein driven by the Na,K-ATPase ?4 isoform promoter is expressed only in male germ cells of mouse testis. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29:1313-25 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the exquisite spatial and temporal control of expression exerted by the Atp1a4 promoter on Na,K-ATPase ?4, which is particularly well suited to fulfill the special functions of spermatozoa. ..
- Crump R, Askew G, Wert S, Lingrel J, Joiner C. In situ localization of sodium-potassium ATPase mRNA in developing mouse lung epithelium. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:L299-308 pubmed
- Oakey R, Howard T, Hogarth P, Tani K, Seldin M. Chromosomal mapping of the high affinity Fc gamma receptor gene. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:279-82 pubmed
- Drummond C, Sayed M, Evans K, Shi H, Wang X, Haller S, et al. Reduction of Na/K-ATPase affects cardiac remodeling and increases c-kit cell abundance in partial nephrectomized mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H1631-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PNx induces hypertrophic growth and high blood pressure regardless of Na/K-ATPase content change. However, total cardiac cell number as well as c-kit-positive cell number is increased in ?1(+/-) mice with PNx. ..
- Klinga Levan K, Andersson A, Hanson C, Ridderström M, Stenberg G, Mannervik B, et al. Mapping of glutathione transferase (GST) genes in the rat. Hereditas. 1993;119:285-96 pubmed..Interestingly, each of the three groups of conserved synteny seems to span the region across the centromeres of the human chromosomes. ..
- Kita S, Iwamoto T. [Mechanisms for linking high salt intake to vascular tone: role of Na(+) pump and Na(+)/Ca²(+) exchanger coupling]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:1399-405 pubmed..These results suggest that functional coupling between the vascular ?2 Na(+) pump and NCX1 is a critical molecular mechanism for salt-induced blood pressure elevation. ..
- Chen Y, Kennedy D, Ramakrishnan D, Yang M, Huang W, Li Z, et al. Oxidized LDL-bound CD36 recruits an Naâº/Kâº-ATPase-Lyn complex in macrophages that promotes atherosclerosis. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra91 pubmed publisher..Using peritoneal macrophages isolated from Atp1a1 heterozygous or Cd36-null mice, we demonstrated that CD36 recruited an Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase-Lyn complex for Lyn ..
- Tao H, Inoue K, Kiyonari H, Bassuk A, Axelrod J, Sasaki H, et al. Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;364:138-48 pubmed publisher..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function. ..
- Dower N, Seldin M, Pugh S, Stone J. Organization and chromosomal locations of Rap1a/Krev sequences in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:162-7 pubmed..We find that Rap1a is located on distal mouse Chromosome (Chr) 3 near Nras, Ampd-1, Tshb, Ngfb, and Atp1a1. Two related sequences (Rap1a-rs1 and Rap1a-rs2) were also characterized...
- Moseley W, Seldin M. Definition of mouse chromosome 1 and 3 gene linkage groups that are conserved on human chromosome 1: evidence that a conserved linkage group spans the centromere of human chromosome 1. Genomics. 1989;5:899-905 pubmed..These studies provide a model for examination of specific evolutionary events. ..
- Herrera V, Emanuel J, Ruiz Opazo N, Levenson R, Nadal Ginard B. Three differentially expressed Na,K-ATPase alpha subunit isoforms: structural and functional implications. J Cell Biol. 1987;105:1855-65 pubmed..Isoform diversity of the alpha subunit may provide a biochemical basis for Na,K-ATPase functional diversity. ..
- Avner E. Epithelial polarity and differentiation in polycystic kidney disease. J Cell Sci Suppl. 1993;17:217-22 pubmed..If such apically expressed enzyme is active, it may have pathogenic import in collecting tubule cyst formation and enlargement by mediating net basal to apical vectorial solute and fluid transport. ..
- Bossuyt J, Despa S, Han F, Hou Z, Robia S, Lingrel J, et al. Isoform specificity of the Na/K-ATPase association and regulation by phospholemman. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26749-57 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 1.1 mm, respectively) but increased V(max) only for NKA-alpha2 (1.9 +/- 0.4 versus 1.2 +/- 0.5 mm/min). In conclusion, PLM associates with and modulates both NKA-alpha1 and NKA-alpha2 in a comparable but not identical manner. ..
- Li X, Yan X, Li H, Li R. Endogenous acetylcholine increases alveolar epithelial fluid transport via activation of alveolar epithelial Na,K-ATPase in mice. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2015;217:25-31 pubmed publisher..Effects of endogenous acetylcholine on AFC are likely mediated by Na,K-ATPase function through activation of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors on alveolar epithelia. ..
- Zha H, Wilder R, Goldmuntz E, Cash J, Crofford L, Mathern P, et al. Linkage map of 10 polymorphic markers on rat chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1993;63:117-23 pubmed..9 cM with the following order: D2N1R-D2N28-FGG (gamma fibrinogen)-PKLR (liver and RBC pyruvate kinase)-ATP1A1 (the alpha-1 polypeptide of Na+/K+ transporting ATPase)-HSD3B (hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase)-D2N2R-D2N91-..
- Niiya A, Ohto H, Kawakami K, Araki M. Localization of Six4/AREC3 in the developing mouse retina; implications in mammalian retinal development. Exp Eye Res. 1998;67:699-707 pubmed..These results suggest that the Six4 gene may play a role in the differentiation of neural retinal cells during mouse retinal development, rather than regulating the expression of the Na, K-ATPase alpha 1 subunit gene. ..
- Iwai Takekoshi L, Ramos A, Schaler A, Weinreb S, Blazeski R, Mason C. Retinal pigment epithelial integrity is compromised in the developing albino mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 2016;524:3696-3716 pubmed publisher..Our findings should pave the way for further investigation of the role of RPE in regulating RGC development toward achieving proper RGC axon decussation. J. Comp. Neurol. 524:3696-3716, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Radzyukevich T, Moseley A, Shelly D, Redden G, Behbehani M, Lingrel J, et al. The Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase alpha2-subunit isoform modulates contractility in the perinatal mouse diaphragm. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;287:C1300-10 pubmed..They further indicate that the alpha2-isoform contributes significantly less at rest than expected from its proportional content but can modulate contractility during muscle contraction. ..
- Despa S, Lingrel J, Bers D. Na(+)/K)+)-ATPase ?2-isoform preferentially modulates Ca2(+) transients and sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2(+) release in cardiac myocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;95:480-6 pubmed publisher..NKA-?2 has a more prominent role (vs. NKA-?1) in modulating cardiac myocyte SR Ca(2+) release. ..
- Nelson D, Manhardt C, Kamath V, Sui Y, Santamaria Pang A, Can A, et al. Quantitative single cell analysis of cell population dynamics during submandibular salivary gland development and differentiation. Biol Open. 2013;2:439-47 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that there are temporally and spatially discreet progenitor populations that contribute to salivary gland development and homeostasis. ..
- Dagenais A, Kothary R, Berthiaume Y. The alpha subunit of the epithelial sodium channel in the mouse: developmental regulation of its expression. Pediatr Res. 1997;42:327-34 pubmed..In the kidney, there is no significant increase of alpha mENaC and alpha1 Na+-K+-ATPase mRNAs in newborns. ..
- Amaral A, Seminotti B, Cecatto C, Fernandes C, Busanello E, Zanatta A, et al. Reduction of Na+, K+-ATPase activity and expression in cerebral cortex of glutaryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficient mice: a possible mechanism for brain injury in glutaric aciduria type I. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;107:375-82 pubmed publisher
- He S, Shelly D, Moseley A, James P, James J, Paul R, et al. The alpha(1)- and alpha(2)-isoforms of Na-K-ATPase play different roles in skeletal muscle contractility. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R917-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the Na-K-ATPase alpha(1)- and alpha(2)-isoforms may play different roles in skeletal muscle contraction...
- Cougnon M, Moseley A, Radzyukevich T, Lingrel J, Heiny J. Na,K-ATPase alpha- and beta-isoform expression in developing skeletal muscles: alpha(2) correlates with t-tubule formation. Pflugers Arch. 2002;445:123-31 pubmed..The Na,K-ATPase alpha(2) subunit is expressed during development when the t-tubules form. These results suggest that the alpha(2) isoform may serve, in part, a physiological role in the muscle t-tubules. ..
- Hosseinzadeh Z, Schmid E, Shumilina E, Laufer S, Borst O, Gawaz M, et al. Effect of TGFÎ² on Na+/K+ ATPase activity in megakaryocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:537-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TGFÃŸ1 is a powerful regulator of megakaryocytic Na(+)/K(+) ATPase activity. Signaling mediating the effect of TGFÃŸ1 on Na(+)/K(+) ATPase activity involves p38 MAP kinase, SGK1 and NF-ÎºB. ..
- Yasue M, Serikawa T, Kuramoto T, Mori M, Higashiguchi T, Ishizaki K, et al. Chromosomal assignments of 17 structural genes and 11 related DNA fragments in rats (Rattus norvegicus) by Southern blot analysis of rat x mouse somatic cell hybrid clones. Genomics. 1992;12:659-64 pubmed..Through the use of 17 DNA probes cloned from 7 rat genes, A2M, ATP1A1, ATP1A2, ATP1A3, B2M, GSTP, and SMST; 5 mouse genes, Ncam, Ngfg, Pim-1, Tcp-1, and Trp53; and 5 human genes, MBP, ..
- El Mestikawy S, Giros B, Pohl M, Hamon M, Kingsmore S, Seldin M, et al. Characterization of an atypical member of the Na+/Cl(-)-dependent transporter family: chromosomal localization and distribution in GABAergic and glutamatergic neurons in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 1994;62:445-55 pubmed..The gene encoding for XT1 is localized to the mouse chromosome 3 in the vicinity of the locus for the mouse neurological disorder spastic (spa). ..
- Barcroft L, Moseley A, Lingrel J, Watson A. Deletion of the Na/K-ATPase alpha1-subunit gene (Atp1a1) does not prevent cavitation of the preimplantation mouse embryo. Mech Dev. 2004;121:417-26 pubmed..characterizing preimplantation development in mice with a targeted disruption of the Na/K-ATPase alpha1-subunit (Atp1a1) using embryos acquired from matings between Atp1a1 heterozygous mice...
- Kent R, Fallows D, Geissler E, Glaser T, Emanuel J, Lalley P, et al. Genes encoding alpha and beta subunits of Na,K-ATPase are located on three different chromosomes in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:5369-73 pubmed..The dispersion of Na,K-ATPase genes suggests that their expression is not likely to be controlled by a common cis-acting regulatory element. ..
- Richards K, Bommert K, Szabo G, Miles R. Differential expression of Na+/K+-ATPase alpha-subunits in mouse hippocampal interneurones and pyramidal cells. J Physiol. 2007;585:491-505 pubmed..Three sodium pump alpha subunits, ATP1A1, ATP1A2 and ATP1A3, are expressed in brain...
- Moseley A, Williams M, Schaefer T, Bohanan C, Neumann J, Behbehani M, et al. Deficiency in Na,K-ATPase alpha isoform genes alters spatial learning, motor activity, and anxiety in mice. J Neurosci. 2007;27:616-26 pubmed..The neurobehavioral changes seen in heterozygous mice suggest that these mouse models may be useful in future investigations of the associated human CNS disorders. ..
- Jouret F, Auzanneau C, Debaix H, Wada G, Pretto C, Marbaix E, et al. Ubiquitous and kidney-specific subunits of vacuolar H+-ATPase are differentially expressed during nephrogenesis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:3235-46 pubmed..They provide new insights into the complex regulation of V-ATPase subunits, the maturation of IC along the nephron, and the pathophysiology of hereditary dRTA. ..
- Jones D, Li T, Arystarkhova E, Barr K, Wetzel R, Peng J, et al. Na,K-ATPase from mice lacking the gamma subunit (FXYD2) exhibits altered Na+ affinity and decreased thermal stability. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19003-11 pubmed..Combined with other evidence that gamma participates in an early step of thermal denaturation, this indicates that FXYD proteins may play an important structural role in the enzyme complex. ..
- Levenson R, Racaniello V, Albritton L, Housman D. Molecular cloning of the mouse ouabain-resistance gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:1489-93 pubmed..This plasmid was able to transform wild-type CV-1 cells to ouabain resistance at a frequency of about 10 cells per ng of DNA. ..
- Moseley A, Huddleson J, Bohanan C, James P, Lorenz J, Aronow B, et al. Genetic profiling reveals global changes in multiple biological pathways in the hearts of Na, K-ATPase alpha 1 isoform haploinsufficient mice. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2005;15:145-58 pubmed..This suggests that Na,K-ATPase alpha1 isoform activity may be required in numerous cellular processes. ..
- Barisoni L, Trudel M, Chretien N, Ward L, van Adelsberg J, D AGATI V. Analysis of the role of membrane polarity in polycystic kidney disease of transgenic SBM mice. Am J Pathol. 1995;147:1728-35 pubmed
- Honda K, Kim S, Kelly M, Burns J, Constance L, Li X, et al. Molecular architecture underlying fluid absorption by the developing inner ear. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We propose a molecular mechanism for resorption of NaCl by MRCs during development, and conclude that disruption of this mechanism is the root cause of hearing loss associated with EES. ..
- Moseley A, Lieske S, Wetzel R, James P, He S, Shelly D, et al. The Na,K-ATPase alpha 2 isoform is expressed in neurons, and its absence disrupts neuronal activity in newborn mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5317-24 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the Na,K-ATPase alpha2 isoform could be important in the modulation of neuronal activity in the neonate. ..
- Cantley L, Cunha M, Zhou X. Ouabain-resistant OR6 cells express the murine alpha 1-subunit of the Na,K-ATPase with a T797-I797 substitution. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15358-61 pubmed
- Looney M, Sartori C, Chakraborty S, James P, Lingrel J, Matthay M. Decreased expression of both the alpha1- and alpha2-subunits of the Na-K-ATPase reduces maximal alveolar epithelial fluid clearance. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L104-10 pubmed
- Wong W, Schlichter L. Differential recruitment of Kv1.4 and Kv4.2 to lipid rafts by PSD-95. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:444-52 pubmed..This work represents the first evidence that PSD-95 binding can recruit Kv channels into lipid rafts, a process that could facilitate interactions with the protein kinases that affect channel activity. ..
- Wansapura A, Lasko V, Xie Z, Fedorova O, Bagrov A, Lingrel J, et al. Marinobufagenin enhances cardiac contractility in mice with ouabain-sensitive alpha1 Na+-K+-ATPase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H1833-9 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that MBG interacts with the ouabain binding site of the alpha(1) Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase subunit and can thereby influence cardiac inotropy. ..
- Lorenz J, Lasko V, Nieman M, Damhoff T, Prasad V, Beierwaltes W, et al. Renovascular hypertension using a modified two-kidney, one-clip approach in mice is not dependent on the ?1 or ?2 Na-K-ATPase ouabain-binding site. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F615-21 pubmed publisher..In addition, use of a polyurethane cuff to constrict the renal artery provides a reliable method for producing 2K1C hypertension in mice. ..
- Wright M, Rochelle J, Tomlinson M, Seldin M, Williams A. Gene structure, chromosomal localization, and protein sequence of mouse CD53 (Cd53): evidence that the transmembrane 4 superfamily arose by gene duplication. Int Immunol. 1993;5:209-16 pubmed
- Shelly D, He S, Moseley A, Weber C, Stegemeyer M, Lynch R, et al. Na(+) pump alpha 2-isoform specifically couples to contractility in vascular smooth muscle: evidence from gene-targeted neonatal mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;286:C813-20 pubmed..Three-dimensional image-acquisition and deconvolution analyses suggest that the alpha(2)-isoform is distributed differently than the alpha(1)-isoform. Importantly, these isoforms do not localize to the same regions. ..
- Vosseller K, Hansen K, Chalkley R, Trinidad J, Wells L, Hart G, et al. Quantitative analysis of both protein expression and serine / threonine post-translational modifications through stable isotope labeling with dithiothreitol. Proteomics. 2005;5:388-98 pubmed..These results demonstate BEMAD is suitable for large-scale quantitative analysis of both protein expression and serine / threonine post-translational modifications. ..
- McGraw D, Fukuda N, James P, Forbes S, Woo A, Lingrel J, et al. Targeted transgenic expression of beta(2)-adrenergic receptors to type II cells increases alveolar fluid clearance. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L895-903 pubmed..These findings show that beta(2)-AR overexpression can be an effective means to increase AFC in the absence of exogenous agonists and that AFC can be stimulated by activation of beta(2)-ARs specifically expressed on ATII cells...
- Li X, Zhou F, Marcus D, Wangemann P. Endolymphatic Na? and K? concentrations during cochlear growth and enlargement in mice lacking Slc26a4/pendrin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65977 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the endolymphatic enlargement caused by a loss of Slc26a4 is a consequence of disrupted Na(+) transport...
- Mercer R, Biemesderfer D, Bliss D, Collins J, Forbush B. Molecular cloning and immunological characterization of the gamma polypeptide, a small protein associated with the Na,K-ATPase. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:579-86 pubmed..These results are consistent with the notion that the gamma subunit is specifically associated with and may be an important component of the Na,K-ATPase. ..
- Seo Mayer P, Thulin G, Zhang L, Alves D, Ardito T, Kashgarian M, et al. Preactivation of AMPK by metformin may ameliorate the epithelial cell damage caused by renal ischemia. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F1346-57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, pretreatment with an AMPK activator before ischemia may attenuate the severity of renal tubular injury in the context of acute kidney injury. ..
- Shi Q, Zeng J, Dong Y, Xu K. Concurrent impairment of (Na++K+)-ATPase activity in multi-organ of type-1 diabetic NOD mice. J Diabetes Complications. 2013;27:29-33 pubmed publisher..A successful protection of NKA function from injury might offer a good intervention for controlling the progression of the disease. ..