Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atf5
Description: activating transcription factor 5
Alias: AFTA, Atf7, Atfx, ODA-10, cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-5, BZIP protein ATF7, NAP1, NRIF3-associated protein, activating transcription factor 5-alpha/beta, activating transcription factor 7, activating transcription factor X, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-5, transcription factor ATFx, transcription factor-like protein ODA-10
- Lemos D, Goodspeed L, Tonelli L, Antoch M, Ojeda S, Urbanski H. Evidence for circadian regulation of activating transcription factor 5 but not tyrosine hydroxylase by the chromaffin cell clock. Endocrinology. 2007;148:5811-21 pubmed..several genes in a 24-h rhythmic pattern, including TH (the rate-limiting enzyme in catecholamine synthesis) and Atf5 (a transcription factor involved in apoptosis and neural cell differentiation) together with the core-clock genes...
- Nishioka T, Miyai Y, Haga H, Kawabata K, Shirato H, Homma A, et al. Novel function of transcription factor ATF5: blockade of p53-dependent apoptosis induced by ionizing irradiation. Cell Struct Funct. 2009;34:17-22 pubmed..Microarray showed marked reduction of a transcription factor, ATF5, both in vitro and in vivo for the radiosensitive clone...
- Angata T, Kerr S, Greaves D, Varki N, Crocker P, Varki A. Cloning and characterization of human Siglec-11. A recently evolved signaling molecule that can interact with SHP-1 and SHP-2 and is expressed by tissue macrophages, including brain microglia. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24466-74 pubmed
- Izumi S, Saito A, Kanemoto S, Kawasaki N, Asada R, Iwamoto H, et al. The endoplasmic reticulum stress transducer BBF2H7 suppresses apoptosis by activating the ATF5-MCL1 pathway in growth plate cartilage. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36190-200 pubmed publisher..TUNEL staining of the cartilage showed that apoptosis was promoted in Bbf2h7(-/-) chondrocytes. Atf5 (activating transcription factor 5), another member of the CREB/ATF family and an antiapoptotic factor, was also ..
- Shimizu Y, Morita M, Ohmi A, Aoyagi S, Ebihara H, Tonaki D, et al. Fasting induced up-regulation of activating transcription factor 5 in mouse liver. Life Sci. 2009;84:894-902 pubmed publisher..b>Atf5 (activating transcription factor 5) is a transcription factor of the ATF/cAMP response element-binding protein ..
- Arias A, Lame M, Santarelli L, Hen R, Greene L, Angelastro J. Regulated ATF5 loss-of-function in adult mice blocks formation and causes regression/eradication of gliomas. Oncogene. 2012;31:739-51 pubmed publisher..Our past findings indicated that glioblastoma cells, but not neurons or glia, require the transcription factor ATF5 (activating transcription factor 5) for survival...
- Umemura M, Tsunematsu K, Shimizu Y, Nakano H, Takahashi S, Higashiura Y, et al. Activating transcription factor 5 is required for mouse olfactory bulb development via interneuron. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2015;79:1082-9 pubmed publisherActivating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is a stress response transcription factor of the cAMP-responsive element-binding/ATF family...
- Nakano H, Iida Y, Suzuki M, Aoki M, Umemura M, Takahashi S, et al. Activating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is essential for the maturation and survival of mouse basal vomeronasal sensory neurons. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:621-33 pubmed publisherActivating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is a member of the CREB/ATF family of transcription factors, which is highly expressed in olfactory chemosensory tissues, the main olfactory epithelium and vomeronasal epithelium (VNE) in mice...
- Juliana C, Yang J, Rozo A, Good A, Groff D, Wang S, et al. ATF5 regulates Î²-cell survival during stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:1341-1346 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Atf5, a close but less-studied relative of Atf4, is also a target of Pdx1 and is critical for Î²-cell survival under ..
- Torres Peraza J, Engel T, Martín Ibáñez R, Sanz Rodriguez A, Fernandez Fernandez M, Esgleas M, et al. Protective neuronal induction of ATF5 in endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by status epilepticus. Brain. 2013;136:1161-76 pubmed publisherActivating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is a basic-leucine-zipper transcription factor of the ATF/CREB family...
- Koyanagi S, Hamdan A, Horiguchi M, Kusunose N, Okamoto A, Matsunaga N, et al. cAMP-response element (CRE)-mediated transcription by activating transcription factor-4 (ATF4) is essential for circadian expression of the Period2 gene. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32416-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ATF4 is a component responsible for sustaining circadian oscillation of CRE-mediated gene expression and also constitute a molecular link connecting cAMP-dependent signaling to the circadian clock. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Qian S, Zhang Z, Li S, et al. p300-dependent acetylation of activating transcription factor 5 enhances C/EBP? transactivation of C/EBP? during 3T3-L1 differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:315-24 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that activating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) can bind to the promoter of C/EBP? via its direct interaction with C/EBP? (which is mediated via the p300-..
- Satake H, Ito K, Takahara M, Furukawa T, Takagi M, Ogino T, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of activating transcription factor 5 in the skeletal development of mouse limb. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:669-76 pubmed publisherThere are no data about the expression pattern of activating transcription factor 5 (Atf5) during limb development. The aim of the present study was to describe the expression of Atf5 throughout mouse limb development...
- Peters C, Liang X, Li S, Kannan S, Peng Y, Taub R, et al. ATF-7, a novel bZIP protein, interacts with the PRL-1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13718-26 pubmed
- De Graeve F, Bahr A, Chatton B, Kedinger C. A murine ATFa-associated factor with transcriptional repressing activity. Oncogene. 2000;19:1807-19 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that mAM may be involved in the fine-tuning of ATFa-regulated gene expression, by interfering with the assembly or stability of specific preinitiation transcription complexes. ..