Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atf2
Description: activating transcription factor 2
Alias: Atf-2, CRE-BP, Creb2, D130078H02Rik, D18875, Tg(Gzma-Klra1)7Wum, mXBP, cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2, cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2
- Averous J, Bruhat A, Jousse C, Carraro V, Thiel G, Fafournoux P. Induction of CHOP expression by amino acid limitation requires both ATF4 expression and ATF2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5288-97 pubmed..of the human CHOP gene by leucine starvation and shown that it binds the activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2)...
- Bhoumik A, Takahashi S, Breitweiser W, Shiloh Y, Jones N, RONAI Z. ATM-dependent phosphorylation of ATF2 is required for the DNA damage response. Mol Cell. 2005;18:577-87 pubmedActivating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) is regulated by JNK/p38 in response to stress. Here, we demonstrate that the protein kinase ATM phosphorylates ATF2 on serines 490 and 498 following ionizing radiation (IR)...
- Kojima M, Suzuki T, Maekawa T, Ishii S, Sumi Ichinose C, Nomura T, et al. Increased expression of tyrosine hydroxylase and anomalous neurites in catecholaminergic neurons of ATF-2 null mice. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:544-52 pubmed..These data suggest that ATF-2 plays critical roles for proper expression of the TH gene and for neurite extension of catecholaminergic neurons, possibly through a repressor-like action. ..
- Bhoumik A, Fichtman B, DeRossi C, Breitwieser W, Kluger H, Davis S, et al. Suppressor role of activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) in skin cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1674-9 pubmed publisherActivating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) regulates transcription in response to stress and growth factor stimuli. Here, we use a mouse model in which ATF2 was selectively deleted in keratinocytes...
- Al Salleeh F, Petro T. Promoter analysis reveals critical roles for SMAD-3 and ATF-2 in expression of IL-23 p19 in macrophages. J Immunol. 2008;181:4523-33 pubmed..Inhibition of the JNK, but also the ERK MAPK pathways decreased expression of p19. These results suggest that ATF-2 and SMAD-3 are transcription factors, which are, in addition to NF-kappaB, essential for IL-23 p19 expression. ..
- Morton S, Davis R, Cohen P. Signalling pathways involved in multisite phosphorylation of the transcription factor ATF-2. FEBS Lett. 2004;572:177-83 pubmed..In JNK-deficient cells, p38 MAPK substituted for JNK partially in the phosphorylation of Thr69 and p38 MAPK or ERK1/2 in the phosphorylation of Thr71. JNK was the only MAP kinase that phosphorylated Ser90 under the conditions examined. ..
- Jin C, Li H, Murata T, Sun K, Horikoshi M, Chiu R, et al. JDP2, a repressor of AP-1, recruits a histone deacetylase 3 complex to inhibit the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4815-26 pubmed..These results suggest that JDP2 may be a key factor that controls the commitment of F9 cells to differentiation and shed new light on the mechanism by which an AP-1 repressor functions. ..
- Kawai S, Amano A. Negative regulation of Odd-skipped related 2 by TGF-beta achieves the induction of cellular migration and the arrest of cell cycle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:696-700 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the down-regulation was found to be mediated by Smad3/Smad4 and p38/ATF2 signaling molecules...
- Du W, Maniatis T. The high mobility group protein HMG I(Y) can stimulate or inhibit DNA binding of distinct transcription factor ATF-2 isoforms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11318-22 pubmed
- Hirose N, Maekawa T, Shinagawa T, Ishii S. ATF-2 regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced transcription in macrophage cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:72-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATF-2 plays an important role in TLR-mediated transcriptional control in macrophage cells. ..
- Tesz G, Guilherme A, Guntur K, Hubbard A, Tang X, Chawla A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) stimulates Map4k4 expression through TNFalpha receptor 1 signaling to c-Jun and activating transcription factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19302-12 pubmed..protein kinase and their downstream transcription factor substrates c-Jun and activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2). siRNA-based depletion of c-Jun and ATF2 attenuated TNFalpha action on Map4k4 mRNA expression...
- Kim J, Park Z, Yoo Y, Yu S, Chun J. p38 kinase mediates nitric oxide-induced apoptosis of chondrocytes through the inhibition of protein kinase C zeta by blocking autophosphorylation. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:201-12 pubmed
- Feng Y, Yin Y, Ding J, Yuan H, Yang L, Xu J, et al. Alpha-1-antitrypsin suppresses oxidative stress in preeclampsia by inhibiting the p38MAPK signaling pathway: An in vivo and in vitro study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173711 pubmed publisher..of p-p38MAPK, AAT, signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT1) and activating transcription factor2 (ATF2)...
- Liu Z, Gan L, Wu T, Feng F, Luo D, Gu H, et al. Adiponectin reduces ER stress-induced apoptosis through PPARÎ± transcriptional regulation of ATF2 in mouse adipose. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2487 pubmed publisher..increased serum free fatty acid (FFA) and impaired glucose tolerance, elevated the mRNA levels of GRP78, Chop, ATF2 and caspase 3, but reduced adiponectin mRNA level in white adipose tissue...
- Zayzafoon M, Botolin S, McCabe L. P38 and activating transcription factor-2 involvement in osteoblast osmotic response to elevated extracellular glucose. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37212-8 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that hyperglycemia-induced increases in p38 MAPK activity and ATF-2 phosphorylation contribute to CRE activation and modulation of c-jun and collagen I expression in osteoblasts. ..
- Sunwoo J, Kim S, Yang L, Naik T, Higuchi D, Rubenstein J, et al. Distal-less homeobox transcription factors regulate development and maturation of natural killer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10877-82 pubmed publisher..We also observed that T and B cells fail to develop in the context of persistent Dlx1 expression. Thus, these studies indicate that Dlx TFs play a functional role in lymphocyte development. ..
- Jin C, Ugai H, Song J, Murata T, Nili F, Sun K, et al. Identification of mouse Jun dimerization protein 2 as a novel repressor of ATF-2. FEBS Lett. 2001;489:34-41 pubmed..JDP2 was identified as a novel repressor protein that affects ATF-2-mediated transcription. ..
- Baan B, van der Zon G, Maassen J, Ouwens D. The nuclear appearance of ERK1/2 and p38 determines the sequential induction of ATF2-Thr71 and ATF2-Thr69 phosphorylation by serum in JNK-deficient cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;311:94-100 pubmed publisherGrowth factors activate ATF2 via sequential phosphorylation of Thr69 and Thr71, where the ATF2-Thr71-phosphorylation precedes the induction of ATF2-Thr69+71-phosphorylation...
- French A, Kim S, Fehniger T, Pratt J, Yang L, Song Y, et al. Chronic lymphocytosis of functionally immature natural killer cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:924-31 pubmed..We propose that these double-transgenic mice will serve as a murine model of chronic NK cell lymphocytosis in human patients. ..
- Salvador J, Mittelstadt P, Guszczynski T, Copeland T, Yamaguchi H, Appella E, et al. Alternative p38 activation pathway mediated by T cell receptor-proximal tyrosine kinases. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:390-5 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylation of Tyr323 dependent on the tyrosine kinase Lck and mediated by Zap70 serves as an important mechanism for TCR activation of p38 in T cells. ..
- Hettmann T, Barton K, Leiden J. Microphthalmia due to p53-mediated apoptosis of anterior lens epithelial cells in mice lacking the CREB-2 transcription factor. Dev Biol. 2000;222:110-23 pubmed..Taken together, these results identify CREB-2 as an important regulator of mammalian lens development. ..
- Hai T, Liu F, Coukos W, Green M. Transcription factor ATF cDNA clones: an extensive family of leucine zipper proteins able to selectively form DNA-binding heterodimers. Genes Dev. 1989;3:2083-90 pubmed..Our results help to explain how a single promoter element, an ATF site, can be present in a wide variety of promoters. ..
- Al Sadi R, Guo S, Ye D, Dokladny K, Alhmoud T, Ereifej L, et al. Mechanism of IL-1? modulation of intestinal epithelial barrier involves p38 kinase and activating transcription factor-2 activation. J Immunol. 2013;190:6596-606 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these studies show that the IL-1?-induced increase in intestinal TJ permeability in vitro and in vivo was regulated by p38 kinase activation of ATF-2 and by ATF-2 regulation of MLCK gene activity. ..
- Fusakio M, Mohammed J, Laumonnier Y, Hoebe K, Köhl J, Mattner J. C5a regulates NKT and NK cell functions in sepsis. J Immunol. 2011;187:5805-12 pubmed publisher..Our results identify C5aR activation as a novel pathway driving detrimental effects of NKT and NK cells during early experimental sepsis. ..
- Palumbo J, Talmage K, Massari J, La Jeunesse C, Flick M, Kombrinck K, et al. Tumor cell-associated tissue factor and circulating hemostatic factors cooperate to increase metastatic potential through natural killer cell-dependent and-independent mechanisms. Blood. 2007;110:133-41 pubmed..However, TF also supported the early success of micrometastases through an additional mechanism independent of natural killer cells, but coupled to circulating prothrombin. ..
- Yamasaki T, Takahashi A, Pan J, Yamaguchi N, Yokoyama K. Phosphorylation of Activation Transcription Factor-2 at Serine 121 by Protein Kinase C Controls c-Jun-mediated Activation of Transcription. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:8567-81 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the phosphorylation of ATF-2 at Ser-121 plays a key role in the c-Jun-mediated activation of transcription that occurs in response to TPA. ..
- Le N, van der Wal A, van der Bent P, Lantinga van Leeuwen I, Breuning M, van Dam H, et al. Increased activity of activator protein-1 transcription factor components ATF2, c-Jun, and c-Fos in human and mouse autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2724-31 pubmed..Here, it is reported that activity of the AP-1 components c-Jun, ATF2, and c-Fos is altered in renal cystic tissue of patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and of ..
- Lin W, Shen B, Tsay Y, Yen H, Lee S, Chang C. Transcriptional activation of C/EBPbeta gene by c-Jun and ATF2. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:551-60 pubmed..Furthermore, recombinant ATF2 and c-Jun proteins from mammalian and bacterial cells can bind to URE2 and URE4 but not URE1...
- Polakos N, Cornejo J, Murray D, Wright K, Treanor J, Crispe I, et al. Kupffer cell-dependent hepatitis occurs during influenza infection. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1169-78; quiz 1404-5 pubmed..Such hepatic collateral damage may be a general consequence of expanding CD8(+) T-cell populations during many extrahepatic viral infections, yielding important implications for liver pathobiology. ..
- Giese K, Kingsley C, Kirshner J, Grosschedl R. Assembly and function of a TCR alpha enhancer complex is dependent on LEF-1-induced DNA bending and multiple protein-protein interactions. Genes Dev. 1995;9:995-1008 pubmed
- Salvador J, Mittelstadt P, Belova G, Fornace A, Ashwell J. The autoimmune suppressor Gadd45alpha inhibits the T cell alternative p38 activation pathway. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:396-402 pubmed..Thus, constitutive activation of T cell p38 through the alternative pathway is prevented by Gadd45alpha, the absence of which results in p38 activation, T cell hyperproliferation and autoimmunity. ..
- Luyendyk J, Schabbauer G, Tencati M, Holscher T, Pawlinski R, Mackman N. Genetic analysis of the role of the PI3K-Akt pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine and tissue factor gene expression in monocytes/macrophages. J Immunol. 2008;180:4218-26 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that the PI3K-Akt pathway negatively regulates LPS signaling and gene expression in monocytes/macrophages. ..
- Cai D, Frantz J, Tawa N, Melendez P, Oh B, Lidov H, et al. IKKbeta/NF-kappaB activation causes severe muscle wasting in mice. Cell. 2004;119:285-98 pubmed
- Zhou W, Lin L, Majumdar A, Li X, Zhang X, Liu W, et al. Modulation of morphogenesis by noncanonical Wnt signaling requires ATF/CREB family-mediated transcriptional activation of TGFbeta2. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1225-34 pubmed..Thus, we propose that transcriptional readout mediated at least in part by a Wnt11 --> ATF/CREB --> TGFbeta2 pathway is critical in regulating morphogenesis in response to noncanonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Ivashkiv L, Liou H, Kara C, Lamph W, Verma I, Glimcher L. mXBP/CRE-BP2 and c-Jun form a complex which binds to the cyclic AMP, but not to the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate, response element. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1609-21 pubmed..We have previously identified, by screening a lambda gt11 expression library, murine protein mXBP, which binds to a sequence which overlaps the 3' end of the murine class II major histocompatibility complex A ..
- Han S, Yasuda K, Kataoka K. ATF2 interacts with beta-cell-enriched transcription factors, MafA, Pdx1, and beta2, and activates insulin gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10449-56 pubmed publisher..Here, ATF2, a member of the ATF/CREB family of basic leucine zipper proteins, was identified as a component of the RIPE3b1 ..
- Montavon T, Thevenet L, Duboule D. Impact of copy number variations (CNVs) on long-range gene regulation at the HoxD locus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20204-11 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the detrimental consequences of interrupting highly conserved regulatory landscapes and reveal a mechanism where genomic duplications lead to partial loss of function of nearby located genes. ..
- Maekawa T, Sano Y, Shinagawa T, Rahman Z, Sakuma T, Nomura S, et al. ATF-2 controls transcription of Maspin and GADD45 alpha genes independently from p53 to suppress mammary tumors. Oncogene. 2008;27:1045-54 pubmed..These studies suggest the functional link between the ATF-2 and the two tumor suppressors BRCA1 and p53. ..
- Cameron T, Gresshoff I, Bell K, PirÃ³g K, Sampurno L, Hartley C, et al. Cartilage-specific ablation of XBP1 signaling in mouse results in a chondrodysplasia characterized by reduced chondrocyte proliferation and delayed cartilage maturation and mineralization. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015;23:661-70 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests roles for XBP1 in regulating chondrocyte proliferation and the timing of mineralization during endochondral ossification, findings which have implications for both skeletal development and disease. ..
- Miyata Y, Fukuhara A, Otsuki M, Shimomura I. Expression of activating transcription factor 2 in inflammatory macrophages in obese adipose tissue. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21:731-6 pubmed publisher..Activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) is a member of the ATF/cAMP response element binding family of transcription factors and known to be activated by ..
- Desch M, Hackmayer G, Todorov V. Identification of ATF2 as a transcriptional regulator of renin gene. Biol Chem. 2012;393:93-100 pubmed publisher..Using the mouse renin-producing cell line As4.1 we found that activating transcription factor-2 (ATF2) also binds to enhCRE...
- Ackermann J, Ashton G, Lyons S, James D, Hornung J, Jones N, et al. Loss of ATF2 function leads to cranial motoneuron degeneration during embryonic mouse development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19090 pubmed publisherThe AP-1 family transcription factor ATF2 is essential for development and tissue maintenance in mammals...
- Seiwa C, Kojima Aikawa K, Matsumoto I, Asou H. CNS myelinogenesis in vitro: myelin basic protein deficient shiverer oligodendrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2002;69:305-17 pubmed
- Edelman D, Meech R, Jones F. The homeodomain protein Barx2 contains activator and repressor domains and interacts with members of the CREB family. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:21737-45 pubmed..In GST pull-down experiments, Barx2 bound to proteins of the CREB family, CREB1 and ATF2. Overall, these findings provide a framework for understanding developmental and physiological contexts that ..
- Kim C, Xiong W, Mei L. Inhibition of MuSK expression by CREB interacting with a CRE-like element and MyoD. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5329-38 pubmed..Suppression of CREB expression by small interfering RNA increases MuSK promoter activity. These results demonstrate an important role for CREB1 in the regulation of MuSK expression. ..
- van Weel V, Toes R, Seghers L, Deckers M, de Vries M, Eilers P, et al. Natural killer cells and CD4+ T-cells modulate collateral artery development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2310-8 pubmed..These data show that both NK-cells and CD4+ T-cells modulate arteriogenesis. Promoting lymphocyte activation may represent a promising method to treat ischemic disease. ..
- Gan L, Liu Z, Zhang Z, Yang X, Liu J, Sun C. SOCS2 inhibited mitochondria biogenesis via inhibiting p38 MAPK/ATF2 pathway in C2C12 cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:627-37 pubmed publisher..interference of SOCS2 elevated the p38 phosphorylation level then further increased the phosphorylation of ATF2, whereas overexpression of SOCS2 alleviated this phenomenon...
- Sabapathy K, Hochedlinger K, Nam S, Bauer A, Karin M, Wagner E. Distinct roles for JNK1 and JNK2 in regulating JNK activity and c-Jun-dependent cell proliferation. Mol Cell. 2004;15:713-25 pubmed..In contrast, JNK1 becomes the major c-Jun interacting kinase after cell stimulation. These data provide mechanistic insights into the distinct roles of different JNK isoforms. ..
- Lin D, Chang I, Tseng A, Wu M, Chen C, Patenaude C, et al. Transforming growth factor beta up-regulates cysteine-rich protein 2 in vascular smooth muscle cells via activating transcription factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15003-14 pubmed publisher..Gel mobility shift assays revealed that mainly ATF2 bound to this CRE-like element, and mutation of the CRE sequences abolished binding...
- Lau E, Feng Y, Claps G, Fukuda M, Perlina A, Donn D, et al. The transcription factor ATF2 promotes melanoma metastasis by suppressing protein fucosylation. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra124 pubmed publisher..We found that protein kinase CÎµ (PKCÎµ)-mediated activation of activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) controls the migratory and invasive behaviors of melanoma cells...
- Papassava P, Gorgoulis V, Papaevangeliou D, Vlahopoulos S, van Dam H, Zoumpourlis V. Overexpression of activating transcription factor-2 is required for tumor growth and progression in mouse skin tumors. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8573-84 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings underscore a key regulatory role of ATF-2 in tumor growth and progression of mouse skin tumors. ..
- de Vries M, Seghers L, van Bergen J, Peters H, de Jong R, Hamming J, et al. C57BL/6 NK cell gene complex is crucially involved in vascular remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;64:51-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the C57BL/6 NKC in CMV1(r) mice stimulates vascular remodeling most likely through the activation of (IFN-?-secreting) NK-cells that modulate the outcome of vascular remodeling. ..
- Georgopoulos K, Morgan B, Moore D. Functionally distinct isoforms of the CRE-BP DNA-binding protein mediate activity of a T-cell-specific enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:747-57 pubmed..Since the delta A motif is also present in the enhancer and promoter of the TCR alpha and beta genes, the CRE-BP isoforms may mediate expression of other members of the CD3/TCR complex during T-cell development. ..
- Saoncella S, Calautti E, Neveu W, Goetinck P. Syndecan-4 regulates ATF-2 transcriptional activity in a Rac1-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47172-6 pubmed..Our results reveal a novel function for syndecan-4 in modulating nuclear transcriptional activity and indicate an underlying mechanism that acts at the level of Rac1-p38/JNK signaling. ..
- Bruhat A, Cherasse Y, Maurin A, Breitwieser W, Parry L, Deval C, et al. ATF2 is required for amino acid-regulated transcription by orchestrating specific histone acetylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1312-21 pubmed..protein-related gene) by amino acid deprivation involves the activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) and the activating transcription factor 4 (ATF4) binding the amino acid response element (AARE) within the ..
- Claps G, Cheli Y, Zhang T, Scortegagna M, Lau E, Kim H, et al. A Transcriptionally Inactive ATF2 Variant Drives Melanomagenesis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1884-92 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor ATF2 elicits oncogenic activities in melanoma, and its inhibition attenuates melanoma development...
- Li X, Weng H, Xu C, Reece E, Yang P. Oxidative stress-induced JNK1/2 activation triggers proapoptotic signaling and apoptosis that leads to diabetic embryopathy. Diabetes. 2012;61:2084-92 pubmed publisher..Our results show that JNK1 and JNK2 are equally involved in diabetic embryopathy and that the oxidative stress-JNK1/2-caspase pathway mediates the proapoptotic signals and the teratogenicity of maternal diabetes...
- Ma Q, Li X, Vale Cruz D, Brown M, Beier F, Luvalle P. Activating transcription factor 2 controls Bcl-2 promoter activity in growth plate chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:477-87 pubmed..These data identify the Bcl-2 gene as a novel target of ATF-2 and CREB in growth plate chondrocytes. ..
- Kalinichenko V, Gusarova G, Kim I, Shin B, Yoder H, Clark J, et al. Foxf1 haploinsufficiency reduces Notch-2 signaling during mouse lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L521-30 pubmed..Foxf1 haploinsufficiency disrupted pulmonary expression of genes in the Notch-2-signaling pathway and resulted in abnormal development of lung microvasculature. ..
- Nishioka N, Yamamoto S, Kiyonari H, Sato H, Sawada A, Ota M, et al. Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2008;125:270-83 pubmed
- Satake H, Ito K, Takahara M, Furukawa T, Takagi M, Ogino T, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of activating transcription factor 5 in the skeletal development of mouse limb. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:669-76 pubmed publisher..Col2a1), sex-determining region Y-related high-mobility-group-box 9 (Sox9), and activating transcription factor 2 (Atf2) by in situ hybridization...
- Wang L, Jiao Y, Huang Y, Liu X, Gibson G, Bennett B, et al. Critical evaluation of transcription factor Atf2 as a candidate modulator of alcohol preference in mouse and human populations. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:5992-6005 pubmed publisher..Among several potential candidate genes in this region, we identified activating transcription factor 2 (Atf2) as the most plausible gene that would influence alcohol preference...
- Gong P, Stewart D, Hu B, Vinson C, Alam J. Multiple basic-leucine zipper proteins regulate induction of the mouse heme oxygenase-1 gene by arsenite. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;405:265-74 pubmed..MafG, ATF2, FosB, and JunB were also detected in the arsenite complex...
- Yang L, Lanier E, Kraig E. Identification of a novel, spliced variant of CREB that is preferentially expressed in the thymus. J Immunol. 1997;158:2522-5 pubmed..Therefore, clone pmLY2 is the first T cell-enriched decamer-binding sequence identified. We hypothesize that this CREB variant may play a role in the developmental regulation of TCR and of other T cell specific genes. ..
- Lee M, Chung C, Liou M, Wu M, Li W, Hsueh Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of nuclear proteins that bind to T cell receptor V beta decamer motif. J Immunol. 1992;148:1906-12 pubmed..of TCR-ATF1 has not previously been reported, whereas that of TCR-ATF2 was homologous to CRE-BP1, ATF-2, and mXBP. Both TCR-ATF1 and TCR-ATF2 shared a conserved leucine zipper and DNA binding motif with other CRE-binding proteins...
- Zohn I, Li Y, Skolnik E, Anderson K, Han J, Niswander L. p38 and a p38-interacting protein are critical for downregulation of E-cadherin during mouse gastrulation. Cell. 2006;125:957-69 pubmed..Finally, p38 regulates E-cadherin protein expression downstream from NCK-interacting kinase (NIK) and independently of the regulation of transcription by Fibroblast Growth Factor (Fgf) signaling and Snail. ..
- Robert K, Santiard Baron D, Chassé J, Paly E, Aupetit J, Kamoun P, et al. The neuronal SAPK/JNK pathway is altered in a murine model of hyperhomocysteinemia. J Neurochem. 2004;89:33-43 pubmed..JNK and c-Jun were activated in the hippocampal neurones of CBS-deficient mice, suggesting that the SAPK/JNK pathway may play an important role in the development of neuronal defects associated with hyperhomocysteinemia. ..
- Gozdecka M, Lyons S, Kondo S, Taylor J, Li Y, Walczynski J, et al. JNK suppresses tumor formation via a gene-expression program mediated by ATF2. Cell Rep. 2014;9:1361-74 pubmed publisher..b>ATF2 is a phosphorylation-dependent transcription factor and substrate of both JNK and p38...
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Li W, Zheng P, Liu Y. Activating transcription factor 2 and c-Jun-mediated induction of FoxP3 for experimental therapy of mammary tumor in the mouse. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5954-60 pubmed publisher..The induction is mediated by ATF2 and c-Jun...
- Duyndam M, van Dam H, Smits P, Verlaan M, van der Eb A, Zantema A. The N-terminal transactivation domain of ATF2 is a target for the co-operative activation of the c-jun promoter by p300 and 12S E1A. Oncogene. 1999;18:2311-21 pubmed..Here, we present evidence that p300 can control c-jun transcription by acting as a cofactor for ATF2: (1) Over-expression of p300 was found to stimulate c-jun transcription both in the presence and absence of E1A...
- Okuda A, Fukushima A, Nishimoto M, Orimo A, Yamagishi T, Nabeshima Y, et al. UTF1, a novel transcriptional coactivator expressed in pluripotent embryonic stem cells and extra-embryonic cells. EMBO J. 1998;17:2019-32 pubmed..Thus, UTF1 displays many of the hallmark characteristics expected for a tissue-specific transcriptional coactivator that works in early embryogenesis. ..