Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aspn
Alias: 4631401G09Rik, AA986886, Plap1, Slrr1c, asporin, periodontal ligament-associated protein 1
- Beiser K, Glaser A, Kleinschmidt K, Scholl I, Röth R, Li L, et al. Identification of novel SHOX target genes in the developing limb using a transgenic mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e98543 pubmed publisher..This finding was confirmed in human NHDF and U2OS cells and chicken micromass culture, demonstrating the value of the SHOX-transgenic mouse for the characterization of SHOX-dependent genes and pathways in early limb development. ..
- Miyaki S, Sato T, Inoue A, Otsuki S, Ito Y, Yokoyama S, et al. MicroRNA-140 plays dual roles in both cartilage development and homeostasis. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1173-85 pubmed publisher..We show that miR-140 regulates cartilage development and homeostasis, and its loss contributes to the development of age-related OA-like changes. ..
- Nuka S, Zhou W, Henry S, Gendron C, Schultz J, Shinomura T, et al. Phenotypic characterization of epiphycan-deficient and epiphycan/biglycan double-deficient mice. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:88-96 pubmed publisher..expression compared with wild type mice, including other small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) members such as asporin, fibromodulin and lumican...
- Bianchi E, Ferrari S. Beta-arrestin2 regulates parathyroid hormone effects on a p38 MAPK and NFkappaB gene expression network in osteoblasts. Bone. 2009;45:716-25 pubmed publisher..of a genomic cluster coding for small leucin-rich proteins (SLRPs) including osteoglycin, osteomodulin and asporin. Pathway analyses identified a main gene network centered on p38 MAPK and NFkappaB that requires beta-arrestin2 ..
- Tomoeda M, Yamada S, Shirai H, Ozawa Y, Yanagita M, Murakami S. PLAP-1/asporin inhibits activation of BMP receptor via its leucine-rich repeat motif. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:191-6 pubmed publisherWe previously identified the novel gene, periodontal ligament-associated protein-1 (PLAP-1)/asporin and reported that PLAP-1/asporin inhibited bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2)-induced cytodifferentiation of periodontal ligament (PDL) ..
- Henry S, Takanosu M, Boyd T, Mayne P, Eberspaecher H, Zhou W, et al. Expression pattern and gene characterization of asporin. a newly discovered member of the leucine-rich repeat protein family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12212-21 pubmed..For this reason, we called the molecule asporin. The deduced amino acid sequence is about 50% identical (and 70% similar) to decorin and biglycan...
- Kou I, Nakajima M, Ikegawa S. Binding characteristics of the osteoarthritis-associated protein asporin. J Bone Miner Metab. 2010;28:395-402 pubmed publisherb>Asporin is an extracellular matrix (ECM) protein that regulates cartilage matrix gene expression and cartilage formation by modulating the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) signaling pathway...
- Yamaba S, Yamada S, Kajikawa T, Awata T, Sakashita H, Tsushima K, et al. PLAP-1/Asporin Regulates TLR2- and TLR4-induced Inflammatory Responses. J Dent Res. 2015;94:1706-14 pubmed publisherPeriodontal ligament-associated protein 1 (PLAP-1)/asporin is an extracellular matrix protein preferentially expressed in periodontal ligaments...