Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Asgr1
Description: asialoglycoprotein receptor 1
Alias: ASGPR1, Asgr, Asgr-1, HL-1, asialoglycoprotein receptor 1, hepatic lectin 1
- Guy C, Rankin S, Michalak T. Hepatocyte cytotoxicity is facilitated by asialoglycoprotein receptor. Hepatology. 2011;54:1043-50 pubmed publisher..The study adds a new dimension to the physiological role of hepatic ASGPR and provides further evidence that hepatocytes can actively contribute to intrahepatic immune regulation and moderation of the local inflammatory response. ..
- Avezov E, Frenkel Z, Ehrlich M, Herscovics A, Lederkremer G. Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) mannosidase I is compartmentalized and required for N-glycan trimming to Man5-6GlcNAc2 in glycoprotein ER-associated degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:216-25 pubmed..When newly made glycoproteins cannot fold properly, transport through the ERQC leads to trimming of a critical number of mannose residues, triggering a signal for degradation. ..
- Park E, Mi Y, Unverzagt C, Gabius H, Baenziger J. The asialoglycoprotein receptor clears glycoconjugates terminating with sialic acid alpha 2,6GalNAc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17125-9 pubmed
- Malo D, Schurr E, Levenson R, Gros P. Assignment of Na,K-ATPase beta 2-subunit gene (Atpb-2) to mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1990;6:697-9 pubmed
- Park C, Takahara K, Umemoto E, Yashima Y, Matsubara K, Matsuda Y, et al. Five mouse homologues of the human dendritic cell C-type lectin, DC-SIGN. Int Immunol. 2001;13:1283-90 pubmed..This family of mouse C-type lectins is therefore complex, but only one of the new genes, DC-SIGN, is juxtaposed to CD23 and is expressed at high levels in DC. ..
- Dalton S, Lee S, King R, Nanji A, Kharbanda K, Casey C, et al. Carbon tetrachloride-induced liver damage in asialoglycoprotein receptor-deficient mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:1283-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, receptor-mediated endocytosis by the ASGP receptor could represent a novel molecular mechanism that is responsible for subsequent liver health or injury. ..
- Takezawa R, Shinzawa K, Watanabe Y, Akaike T. Determination of mouse major asialoglycoprotein receptor cDNA sequence. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1172:220-2 pubmed..According to the homology analysis, we concluded that the clone encodes the mouse major asialoglycoprotein receptor (MHL-1). ..
- Remmers E, Goldmuntz E, Cash J, Crofford L, Misiewicz Poltorak B, Zha H, et al. Genetic map of nine polymorphic loci comprising a single linkage group on rat chromosome 10: evidence for linkage conservation with human chromosome 17 and mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1992;14:618-23 pubmed..androgen binding protein/sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), asialoglycoprotein receptor (hepatic lectin)-1 (ASGR1), ATP citrate lysase (CLATP), and pancreatic polypeptide (PPY), and two anonymous markers, F16F2 and F10F1, were ..
- Braun J, Willnow T, Ishibashi S, Ashwell G, Herz J. The major subunit of the asialoglycoprotein receptor is expressed on the hepatocellular surface in mice lacking the minor receptor subunit. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21160-6 pubmed..ASGPR is composed of two highly homologous subunits, termed hepatic lectin 1 and 2...
- Yang W, Aziz P, Heithoff D, Mahan M, Smith J, Marth J. An intrinsic mechanism of secreted protein aging and turnover. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13657-62 pubmed publisher..This intrinsic multifactorial mechanism of secreted protein aging and turnover contributes to health and the outcomes of disease. ..
- Soukharev S, Berlin W, Hanover J, Bethke B, Sauer B. Organization of the mouse ASGR1 gene encoding the major subunit of the hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor. Gene. 2000;241:233-40 pubmed..We describe here the characterization of the mouse gene for the major subunit of this receptor (ASGR1) along with 3.5 kb of the upstream 5' region...
- Roller M, Lossie A, Koken M, Smit E, Hagemeijer A, Camper S. Localization of sequences related to the human RAD6 DNA repair gene on mouse chromosomes 11 and 13. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:305-6 pubmed
- Blackburn C, Griffith J, Morahan G. A high-resolution map of the chromosomal region surrounding the nude gene. Genomics. 1995;26:308-17 pubmed..We also report the typing of the above microsatellite markers in the AKXD, AKXL, BXD, CXB, and BXH recombinant inbred strains, which confirmed the relative order and separation of loci in this region. ..
- Reddy N, Roth W, Bragg P, Wahba A. Isolation and mapping of a gene for protein synthesis initiation factor 4A and its expression during differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cells. Gene. 1988;70:231-43 pubmed
- Chiang P, Baldacci P, Babinet C, Camper S, Watkins Chow D, Baker D, et al. Linkage mapping of murine homolog of the yeast SPT6 gene to MMU11B1. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:459-60 pubmed
- Matsuda Y, Inoue S, Seki N, Hosoi T, Orimo A, Muramatsu M, et al. Chromosome mapping of human (ZNF179), mouse, and rat genes for brain finger protein (bfp), a member of the RING finger family. Genomics. 1996;33:325-7 pubmed..2, mouse Bfp at 11B1.3, and rat BFP at 10q22. These results provide additional evidence that the mouse 11B region displays conserved linkage homology with the 17p11.2 region of the human genome and the 10q22 region of the rate genome. ..
- Ishibashi S, Hammer R, Herz J. Asialoglycoprotein receptor deficiency in mice lacking the minor receptor subunit. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27803-6 pubmed..Although these mice are completely unable to clear asialoorosomucoid, a high affinity ligand for asialoglycoprotein receptor, they do not accumulate desialylated glycoproteins or lipoproteins in their circulation. ..
- Monroe R, Huber B. The major form of the murine asialoglycoprotein receptor: cDNA sequence and expression in liver, testis and epididymis. Gene. 1994;148:237-44 pubmed..Taken collectively, these data describe the cloning and sequencing of the MHL-1 cDNA and illustrate its deduced aa homology to RHL-1 and H1.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Grewal P, Uchiyama S, Ditto D, Varki N, Le D, Nizet V, et al. The Ashwell receptor mitigates the lethal coagulopathy of sepsis. Nat Med. 2008;14:648-55 pubmed publisher..Hemostatic adaptation by the Ashwell receptor moderates the onset and severity of disseminated intravascular coagulation during sepsis and improves the probability of host survival. ..
- Rumjantseva V, Grewal P, Wandall H, Josefsson E, Sørensen A, Larson G, et al. Dual roles for hepatic lectin receptors in the clearance of chilled platelets. Nat Med. 2009;15:1273-80 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of chilled platelet clearance by both beta(2) integrin and Ashwell-Morell receptors may afford a potentially simple method for storing platelets in the cold. ..
- Sanford J, Elliott R, Doyle D. Asialoglycoprotein receptor genes are linked on chromosome 11 in the mouse. DNA. 1988;7:721-8 pubmed..b>Asgr is designated to name asialoglycoprotein gene loci. Coordinate regulation of this linked gene family is discussed.
- Mi Y, Coonce M, Fiete D, Steirer L, Dveksler G, Townsend R, et al. Functional Consequences of Mannose and Asialoglycoprotein Receptor Ablation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18700-17 pubmed publisherThe mannose receptor (ManR, Mrc1) and asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGR, Asgr1 and Asgr2) are highly abundant endocytic receptors expressed by sinusoidal endothelial cells and parenchymal cells in the liver, respectively...
- Baron B, Poirier C, Simon Chazottes D, Barnier C, Guenet J. A new strategy useful for rapid identification of microsatellites from DNA libraries with large size inserts. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:3665-9 pubmed..Primers were designed for each of them and polymorphism between the genomes of several inbred strain of mouse have been determined. These microsatellites were mapped, three of them to chromosome 19 and two to chromosome 11. ..
- Sabrautzki S, Rubio Aliaga I, Hans W, Fuchs H, Rathkolb B, Calzada Wack J, et al. New mouse models for metabolic bone diseases generated by genome-wide ENU mutagenesis. Mamm Genome. 2012;23:416-30 pubmed publisher..genes (Phex, Casr, and Alpl) have been identified by positional-candidate gene approaches and one mutation of the Asgr1 gene, which was identified by next-generation sequencing...