Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Asap1
Description: ArfGAP with SH3 domain, ankyrin repeat and PH domain1
Alias: AV239055, DEF-1, Ddef1, PAP, mKIAA1249, s19, arf-GAP with SH3 domain, ANK repeat and PH domain-containing protein 1, 130 kDa phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate-dependent ARF1 GTPase-activating protein, 130 kDa phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate-dependent ARF1 GTPase-activating protein, ADP-ribosylation factor-directed GTPase-activating protein 1, ARF GTPase-activating protein 1, PIP2-dependent ARF1 GAP, development and differentiation-enhancing factor 1
- Liu Y, Yerushalmi G, Grigera P, Parsons J. Mislocalization or reduced expression of Arf GTPase-activating protein ASAP1 inhibits cell spreading and migration by influencing Arf1 GTPase cycling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8884-92 pubmed..b>ASAP1 (Arf-GAP containing SH3, ankyrin repeats, and PH domain) is a phospholipid-dependent Arf GTPase-activating protein ..
- Bharti S, Inoue H, Bharti K, Hirsch D, Nie Z, Yoon H, et al. Src-dependent phosphorylation of ASAP1 regulates podosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8271-83 pubmedInvadopodia are Src-induced cellular structures that are thought to mediate tumor invasion. ASAP1, an Arf GTPase-activating protein (GAP) containing Src homology 3 (SH3) and Bin, amphiphysin, and RVS161/167 (BAR) domains, is a substrate ..
- Shiba Y, Randazzo P. GEFH1 binds ASAP1 and regulates podosome formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:574-9 pubmed publisherInvadopodia are cellular structures that are thought to mediate tumor invasion. ASAP1, an Arf GTPase-activating protein (GAP) containing a BAR domain, is a substrate of Src...
- Wang J, Morita Y, Mazelova J, Deretic D. The Arf GAP ASAP1 provides a platform to regulate Arf4- and Rab11-Rab8-mediated ciliary receptor targeting. EMBO J. 2012;31:4057-71 pubmed publisher..represented by rhodopsin, is mediated by a specialized system, the principal component of which is the Arf GAP ASAP1. Ablation of ASAP1 abolishes ciliary targeting and causes formation of actin-rich periciliary membrane projections ..
- Nie Z, Hirsch D, Luo R, Jian X, Stauffer S, Cremesti A, et al. A BAR domain in the N terminus of the Arf GAP ASAP1 affects membrane structure and trafficking of epidermal growth factor receptor. Curr Biol. 2006;16:130-9 pubmed..We have examined the role of a putative BAR domain in the function of the Arf GAP ASAP1. ASAP1's N terminus, containing the putative BAR domain together with a PH domain, dimerized to form an extended ..
- Haque A, Noman A, Koide N, Odkhuu E, Naiki Y, Hashimoto S, et al. An ADP ribosylation factor-GTPase activating protein negatively regulates the production of proinflammatory mediators in response to lipopolysaccharide. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2011;60:1439-46 pubmed publisherAn ADP ribosylation factor-GTPase activating protein (ASAP1) is highly expressed in a variety of tumor cells and is involved in the cell motility, invasion, and metastasis...
- Oshiro T, Koyama S, Sugiyama S, Kondo A, Onodera Y, Asahara T, et al. Interaction of POB1, a downstream molecule of small G protein Ral, with PAG2, a paxillin-binding protein, is involved in cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38618-26 pubmed..we screened for POB1-binding proteins using a yeast two-hybrid method and found that POB1 interacts with mouse ASAP1, which is a human PAG2 homolog...
- Liu Y, Loijens J, Martin K, Karginov A, Parsons J. The association of ASAP1, an ADP ribosylation factor-GTPase activating protein, with focal adhesion kinase contributes to the process of focal adhesion assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2147-56 pubmedb>ASAP1 (ADP ribosylation factor [ARF]- GTPase-activating protein [GAP] containing SH3, ANK repeats, and PH domain) is a phospholipid-dependent ARF-GAP that binds to and is phosphorylated by pp60(Src)...
- Ha V, Bharti S, Inoue H, Vass W, Campa F, Nie Z, et al. ASAP3 is a focal adhesion-associated Arf GAP that functions in cell migration and invasion. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14915-26 pubmed publisher..We have examined in vitro and in vivo functions of ASAP3 and compared it to the related Arf GAP ASAP1 that has also been implicated in oncogenesis...
- Furman C, Short S, Subramanian R, Zetter B, Roberts T. DEF-1/ASAP1 is a GTPase-activating protein (GAP) for ARF1 that enhances cell motility through a GAP-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7962-9 pubmedDEF-1/ASAP1 is an ADP-ribosylation factor GTPase-activating protein (ARF GAP) that localizes to focal adhesions and is involved in cytoskeletal regulation...
- King F, Hu E, Harris D, Sarraf P, Spiegelman B, Roberts T. DEF-1, a novel Src SH3 binding protein that promotes adipogenesis in fibroblastic cell lines. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2330-7 pubmed..These results suggest that DEF-1 is an important component of a signal transduction process that is involved in the differentiation of fibroblasts and possibly of other types of cells. ..
- Sheridan J, Ritchie M, Best S, Jiang K, Beck T, Vaillant F, et al. A pooled shRNA screen for regulators of primary mammary stem and progenitor cells identifies roles for Asap1 and Prox1. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:221 pubmed publisher..Two genes, Asap1 and Prox1, respectively implicated in breast cancer metastasis and progenitor cell function in other systems, were ..