Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arid1b
Description: AT rich interactive domain 1B (SWI-like)
Alias: 8030481M12, 9330189K18Rik, AI836955, Ardi1b, B230217J03Rik, BAF250B, mKIAA1235, AT-rich interactive domain-containing protein 1B, ARID domain-containing protein 1B, AT rich interactive domain 1B (Swi1 like), BRG1-associated factor 250b
- Kadoch C, Crabtree G. Reversible disruption of mSWI/SNF (BAF) complexes by the SS18-SSX oncogenic fusion in synovial sarcoma. Cell. 2013;153:71-85 pubmed publisher..This mechanism of transformation depends on only two amino acids of SSX, providing a potential foundation for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Dykhuizen E, Hargreaves D, Miller E, Cui K, Korshunov A, Kool M, et al. BAF complexes facilitate decatenation of DNA by topoisomerase II?. Nature. 2013;497:624-7 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that the ability of TOP2A to prevent DNA entanglement at mitosis requires BAF complexes and suggest that this activity contributes to the role of BAF subunits as tumour suppressors. ..
- Jung E, Moffat J, Liu J, DRAVID S, Gurumurthy C, Kim W. Arid1b haploinsufficiency disrupts cortical interneuron development and mouse behavior. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1694-1707 pubmed publisherHaploinsufficiency of the AT-rich interactive domain 1B (ARID1B) gene causes autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disability; however, the neurobiological basis for this is unknown...
- Hurlstone A, Olave I, Barker N, van Noort M, Clevers H. Cloning and characterization of hELD/OSA1, a novel BRG1 interacting protein. Biochem J. 2002;364:255-64 pubmed..EHD1 and EHD2 also appear capable of interacting with each other. Using an antibody raised against EHD2 of hELD/OSA1, we detected Eld/Osa1 in endogenous SWI/SNF complexes derived from mouse brain. ..
- Wilsker D, Probst L, Wain H, Maltais L, Tucker P, Moran E. Nomenclature of the ARID family of DNA-binding proteins. Genomics. 2005;86:242-51 pubmed
- Celen C, Chuang J, Luo X, Nijem N, Walker A, Chen F, et al. Arid1b haploinsufficient mice reveal neuropsychiatric phenotypes and reversible causes of growth impairment. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherSequencing studies have implicated haploinsufficiency of ARID1B, a SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling subunit, in short stature (Yu et al., 2015), autism spectrum disorder (O'Roak et al...