Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arf1
Description: ADP-ribosylation factor 1
Alias: ADP-ribosylation factor 1
- Nakamura N, Akashi T, Taneda T, Kogo H, Kikuchi A, Fujimoto T. ADRP is dissociated from lipid droplets by ARF1-dependent mechanism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:957-65 pubmed..By yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified ADP-ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1) as a binding partner of ADRP...
- Ben Tekaya H, Kahn R, Hauri H. ADP ribosylation factors 1 and 4 and group VIA phospholipase A? regulate morphology and intraorganellar traffic in the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4130-40 pubmed publisher..In search of morphological determinants for the ERGIC, we found that a double knockdown of Arf1+Arf4 induced dynamic ERGIC tubules that connect ERGIC clusters, indicating that the tubules mediated lateral ..
- Nori A, Bortoloso E, Frasson F, Valle G, Volpe P. Vesicle budding from endoplasmic reticulum is involved in calsequestrin routing to sarcoplasmic reticulum of skeletal muscles. Biochem J. 2004;379:505-12 pubmed..In the present study, two mutant forms of Sar1 and ARF1 (ADP-ribosylation factor 1) were used to disrupt cargo exit from ER-exit sites and intra-Golgi trafficking in ..
- Shiba T, Kawasaki M, Takatsu H, Nogi T, Matsugaki N, Igarashi N, et al. Molecular mechanism of membrane recruitment of GGA by ARF in lysosomal protein transport. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:386-93 pubmed..Here we report the X-ray crystal structures of the human GGA1-GAT domain and the complex between ARF1-GTP and the N-terminal region of the GAT domain...
- Zeng Y, Kotake Y, Pei X, Smith M, Xiong Y. p53 binds to and is required for the repression of Arf tumor suppressor by HDAC and polycomb. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2781-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that p53 recruits both HDAC and PcG to Arf locus to repress its expression, and this repression constitutes a second feedback loop in p53 regulation. ..
- Rodrigues F, Shao W, Harris T. The Arf GAP Asap promotes Arf1 function at the Golgi for cleavage furrow biosynthesis in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:3143-3155 pubmed..The highly conserved small G protein Arf1 organizes Golgi trafficking...
- Zhang J, Neal J, Lian G, Hu J, Lu J, Sheen V. Filamin A regulates neuronal migration through brefeldin A-inhibited guanine exchange factor 2-dependent Arf1 activation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15735-46 pubmed publisher..promotes relocalization of Big2 from the Golgi toward the lipid ruffles, thereby activating Big2-dependent Arf1 at the cell membrane...
- Shvarts A, Brummelkamp T, Scheeren F, Koh E, Daley G, Spits H, et al. A senescence rescue screen identifies BCL6 as an inhibitor of anti-proliferative p19(ARF)-p53 signaling. Genes Dev. 2002;16:681-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that BCL6 contributes to oncogenesis by rendering cells unresponsive to antiproliferative signals from the p19(ARF)-p53 pathway. ..
- Hayakawa N, Ogoh H, Sumiyoshi M, Matsui Y, Nishikawa S, Miyamoto K, et al. The ADP-ribosylation factor 1 gene is indispensable for mouse embryonic development after implantation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;453:748-53 pubmed publisher..Mice have six Arf isoforms. In knockdown experiments with HeLa cells, no single Arf isoform among Arf1-5 is required for organelle morphologies or any membrane trafficking step...
- Wang S, Hu J, Guo X, Liu J, Gao S. ADP-ribosylation factor 1 regulates asymmetric cell division in female meiosis in the mouse. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:555-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the ADP-ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1) plays an important role in regulating asymmetric cell division in mouse oocyte meiosis...
- Kim W, Kim S, Kim T, Kim M, Bae D, Choi H, et al. ADP-ribosylation factors 1 and 6 regulate Wnt/?-catenin signaling via control of LRP6 phosphorylation. Oncogene. 2013;32:3390-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that transient activation of Arf modulates LRP6 phosphorylation for the transduction of Wnt/?-catenin signaling. ..
- Hosaka M, Toda K, Takatsu H, Torii S, Murakami K, Nakayama K. Structure and intracellular localization of mouse ADP-ribosylation factors type 1 to type 6 (ARF1-ARF6). J Biochem. 1996;120:813-9 pubmed..These results suggest that although all the ARF proteins play fundamental and critical roles in cellular function, they are involved in different vesicular transport processes. ..
- Arnold M, Cross R, Singleton K, Zlatic S, Chapleau C, Mullin A, et al. The Endosome Localized Arf-GAP AGAP1 Modulates Dendritic Spine Morphology Downstream of the Neurodevelopmental Disorder Factor Dysbindin. Front Cell Neurosci. 2016;10:218 pubmedAGAP1 is an Arf1 GTPase activating protein that interacts with the vesicle-associated protein complexes adaptor protein 3 (AP-3) and Biogenesis of Lysosome Related Organelles Complex-1 (BLOC-1)...
- Hilditch Maguire P, Trettel F, Passani L, Auerbach A, Persichetti F, MacDonald M. Huntingtin: an iron-regulated protein essential for normal nuclear and perinuclear organelles. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2789-97 pubmed..Thus, organelles that require huntingtin to function suggest roles for the protein in RNA biogenesis, trafficking and iron homeostasis to be explored in HD pathogenesis. ..
- Dai C, Liu G, Li L, Xiao Y, Zhang X, Lu P. ADP-ribosylation factor as a novel target for corneal neovascularization regression. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2947-53 pubmed..To evaluate the roles of ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF) in alkali-induced corneal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Schurmann A, Breiner M, Becker W, Huppertz C, Kainulainen H, Kentrup H, et al. Cloning of two novel ADP-ribosylation factor-like proteins and characterization of their differential expression in 3T3-L1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15683-8 pubmed..It is suggested that the function of ARL 4 is related to the adipocyte-like phenotype of 3T3-L1 cells. ..
- Matsuya S, Sakagami H, Tohgo A, Owada Y, Shin H, Takeshima H, et al. Cellular and subcellular localization of EFA6C, a third member of the EFA6 family, in adult mouse Purkinje cells. J Neurochem. 2005;93:674-85 pubmed..In this study, we first demonstrated that EFA6C indeed activated ARF6 more selectively than ARF1 by ARF pull-down assay...