Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aqp5
Description: aquaporin 5
Alias: aquaporin-5, AQP-5
- Okubo T, Hogan B. Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endoderm. J Biol. 2004;3:11 pubmed..We discuss the relevance of our findings to the poorly understood pathological condition of intestinal metaplasia in humans. ..
- Shu W, Lu M, Zhang Y, Tucker P, Zhou D, Morrisey E. Foxp2 and Foxp1 cooperatively regulate lung and esophagus development. Development. 2007;134:1991-2000 pubmed
- Kawedia J, Nieman M, Boivin G, Melvin J, Kikuchi K, Hand A, et al. Interaction between transcellular and paracellular water transport pathways through Aquaporin 5 and the tight junction complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3621-6 pubmed..between the transcellular and paracellular pathways of water transport, we asked whether targeted deletion of Aquaporin 5 (AQP5), the major transcellular water transporter in salivary acinar cells, affected paracellular transport of ..
- Yang F, Kawedia J, Menon A. Cyclic AMP regulates aquaporin 5 expression at both transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels through a protein kinase A pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32173-80 pubmedThe membrane water channel aquaporin 5 (AQP5) plays an important role in transporting water across the apical surface of the alveolar epithelium and the epithelia of submucosal glands in the upper airway and nasopharynx...
- Sidhaye V, Hoffert J, King L. cAMP has distinct acute and chronic effects on aquaporin-5 in lung epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3590-6 pubmedAquaporin-5 (AQP5) is present on the apical membrane of epithelial cells in various secretory glands as well as on the apical membrane of the airway epithelium, airway submucosal glands, and type 1 pneumocytes, where it can participate in ..
- Sasaki Y, Tsubota K, Kawedia J, Menon A, Yasui M. The difference of aquaporin 5 distribution in acinar and ductal cells in lacrimal and parotid glands. Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:923-9 pubmedThis study was designed to clarify the physiological function and tissue distribution of aquaporin 5 (AQP5) in the lacrimal and parotid glands.
- Ishida N, Hirai S, Mita S. Immunolocalization of aquaporin homologs in mouse lacrimal glands. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:891-5 pubmed..By immunohistochemistry, aquaporin-4 (AQP4) and aquaporin-5 (AQP5) were found to be the lacrimal glands...
- O Brien K, Alberich Jorda M, Yadav N, Kocher O, Diruscio A, Ebralidze A, et al. CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cells. Development. 2010;137:2147-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells. ..
- Krane C, Melvin J, Nguyen H, Richardson L, Towne J, Doetschman T, et al. Salivary acinar cells from aquaporin 5-deficient mice have decreased membrane water permeability and altered cell volume regulation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23413-20 pubmed..In the salivary gland, AQP5 is the major aquaporin expressed on the apical membrane of acinar cells...
- Bullard T, Koek L, Roztocil E, Kingsley P, Mirels L, Ovitt C. Ascl3 expression marks a progenitor population of both acinar and ductal cells in mouse salivary glands. Dev Biol. 2008;320:72-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ascl3-expressing cells contribute to the maintenance of the adult salivary glands. ..
- Ma T, Song Y, Gillespie A, Carlson E, Epstein C, Verkman A. Defective secretion of saliva in transgenic mice lacking aquaporin-5 water channels. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20071-4 pubmedAquaporin-5 (AQP5) is a water-selective transporting protein expressed in epithelial cells of serous acini in salivary gland. We generated AQP5 null mice by targeted gene disruption...
- Song Y, Fukuda N, Bai C, Ma T, Matthay M, Verkman A. Role of aquaporins in alveolar fluid clearance in neonatal and adult lung, and in oedema formation following acute lung injury: studies in transgenic aquaporin null mice. J Physiol. 2000;525 Pt 3:771-9 pubmed..We used mice deficient in each of the three principal lung aquaporins, AQP1, AQP4 and AQP5, to test the hypothesis that aquaporins are important in neonatal lung fluid balance, adult lung fluid clearance ..
- Thiagarajah J, Verkman A. Aquaporin deletion in mice reduces corneal water permeability and delays restoration of transparency after swelling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19139-44 pubmedTwo aquaporin (AQP)-type water channels are expressed in mammalian cornea, AQP1 in endothelial cells and AQP5 in epithelial cells...
- Morishita Y, Matsuzaki T, Hara Chikuma M, Andoo A, Shimono M, Matsuki A, et al. Disruption of aquaporin-11 produces polycystic kidneys following vacuolization of the proximal tubule. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7770-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that AQP11 is essential for the proximal tubular function. AQP11-null mice are a novel model for polycystic kidney diseases and will provide a new mechanism for cystogenesis. ..
- Okubo T, Knoepfler P, Eisenman R, Hogan B. Nmyc plays an essential role during lung development as a dosage-sensitive regulator of progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation. Development. 2005;132:1363-74 pubmed..We propose a model in which Nmyc is essential in the developing lung for maintaining a distal population of undifferentiated, proliferating progenitor cells. ..
- Desai T, Brownfield D, Krasnow M. Alveolar progenitor and stem cells in lung development, renewal and cancer. Nature. 2014;507:190-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that local signals regulate AT2 stem-cell activity: a signal transduced by EGFR-KRAS controls self-renewal and is hijacked during oncogenesis, whereas another signal controls reprogramming to AT1 fate. ..
- Krane C, Deng B, Mutyam V, McDonald C, Pazdziorko S, Mason L, et al. Altered regulation of aquaporin gene expression in allergen and IL-13-induced mouse models of asthma. Cytokine. 2009;46:111-8 pubmed publisher..AQP1 and AQP4 mRNA expression was downregulated in the OVA/OVA model, but not in the IL-13 model. AQP5 mRNA was reduced in both models, whereas AQP3 was upregulated only in the IL-13 model...
- Varadaraj K, Kumari S, Mathias R. Functional expression of aquaporins in embryonic, postnatal, and adult mouse lenses. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1319-28 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the expression patterns of AQP0 and AQP1 during lens development and differentiation and their relation to lens transparency. ..
- Larsen H, Aure M, Peters S, Larsen M, Messelt E, Kanli Galtung H. Localization of AQP5 during development of the mouse submandibular salivary gland. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:71-81 pubmed publisherb>Aquaporin 5 (AQP5) is known to be central for salivary fluid secretion...
- Bird A, Flecknoe S, Tan K, Olsson P, Antony N, Mantamadiotis T, et al. cAMP response element binding protein is required for differentiation of respiratory epithelium during murine development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17843 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate a crucial role for Creb1 activity for the development and differentiation of the conducting and distal lung epithelium. ..
- Hasegawa T, Azlina A, Javkhlan P, Yao C, Akamatsu T, Hosoi K. Novel phosphorylation of aquaporin-5 at its threonine 259 through cAMP signaling in salivary gland cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;301:C667-78 pubmed publisherAquaporin-5 (AQP5), a water channel, plays key roles in salivary secretion. The novel phosphorylation of AQP5 was investigated by using human salivary gland (HSG) cells and mouse salivary glands...
- Dong C, Wang G, Li B, Xiao K, Ma Z, Huang H, et al. Anti-asthmatic agents alleviate pulmonary edema by upregulating AQP1 and AQP5 expression in the lungs of mice with OVA-induced asthma. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2012;181:21-8 pubmed publisher..Only the mRNA and protein expression levels of AQP1 and AQP5 were significantly increased by these three anti-asthmatic agents...
- Geng Y, Dong Y, Yu M, Zhang L, Yan X, Sun J, et al. Follistatin-like 1 (Fstl1) is a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 4 signaling antagonist in controlling mouse lung development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7058-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we provide in vivo and in vitro evidence to demonstrate that Fstl1 modulates lung development and alveolar maturation, in part, through BMP4 signaling...
- Xu J, Tian J, Shapiro S. Normal lung development in RAIG1-deficient mice despite unique lung epithelium-specific expression. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:381-7 pubmed..Analysis of other family members demonstrated some overlapping embryonic expression of RAIG3 mRNA that could have led to functional redundancy in the single RAIG1 null mutant mouse. ..
- Nejsum L, Kwon T, Jensen U, Fumagalli O, Frøkiaer J, Krane C, et al. Functional requirement of aquaporin-5 in plasma membranes of sweat glands. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:511-6 pubmed..In this study, AQP1, AQP3, and AQP5 mRNA were demonstrated in rat paw by reverse transcription (RT)-PCR, but AQP2 and AQP4 were not...
- Flodby P, Kim Y, Beard L, Gao D, Ji Y, Kage H, et al. Knockout Mice Reveal a Major Role for Alveolar Epithelial Type I Cells in Alveolar Fluid Clearance. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016;55:395-406 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they support the feasibility of a general approach to altering alveolar epithelial function in a cell-specific manner that allows direct insights into AT1 versus AT2 cell-specific roles in the lung. ..
- Xu Y, Wang Y, Besnard V, Ikegami M, Wert S, Heffner C, et al. Transcriptional programs controlling perinatal lung maturation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37046 pubmed publisher..The present study systemically mapped key regulators, bioprocesses, and transcriptional networks controlling lung maturation, providing the basis for new therapeutic strategies to enhance lung function in preterm infants. ..
- Zhang Y, Bi L, Hou S, Zhao X, Song Y, Ma T. Reduced lung water transport rate associated with downregulation of aquaporin-1 and aquaporin-5 in aged mice. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2009;36:734-8 pubmed publisher..Corticosteroid-induced AQP-1 upregulation may contribute to the role of corticosteroids in accelerating oedema clearance in aged lung. ..
- Saito M, Balla A, Kiraly I, Vadasz C, Gyetvai B, Mikics E, et al. Mapping of quantitative trait loci for ethanol preference in quasi-congenic strains. Alcohol. 2000;20:161-71 pubmed..The genomic region showing the strongest influence on ethanol preference was on mouse chromosome 15, and corresponds to human chr.12q11-q13. ..
- Jakus Z, Gleghorn J, Enis D, Sen A, Chia S, Liu X, et al. Lymphatic function is required prenatally for lung inflation at birth. J Exp Med. 2014;211:815-26 pubmed publisher..They explain respiratory failure in infants with congenital pulmonary lymphangiectasia, and suggest that inadequate late gestation lymphatic function may also contribute to respiratory failure in premature infants. ..
- Yang B, Song Y, Zhao D, Verkman A. Phenotype analysis of aquaporin-8 null mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C1161-70 pubmed..We studied the phenotype of AQP8-null mice, and mice lacking AQP8, together with AQP1 or AQP5. AQP8-knockout mice lacked detectable AQP8 transcript and protein, and had reduced water permeability in plasma ..
- Yao J, Guihard P, Wu X, Blázquez Medela A, Spencer M, Jumabay M, et al. Vascular endothelium plays a key role in directing pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3369-3385 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that endothelial-epithelial interactions, maintained by MGP, are essential in pulmonary cell differentiation. ..
- Li J, Verkman A. Impaired hearing in mice lacking aquaporin-4 water channels. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31233-7 pubmed..thresholds were compared in wild-type mice and transgenic null mice lacking (individually) AQP1, AQP3, AQP4, and AQP5. In 4-5-week-old mice in a CD1 genetic background, ABR thresholds in response to a click stimulus were remarkably ..
- Zardoya R, Villalba S. A phylogenetic framework for the aquaporin family in eukaryotes. J Mol Evol. 2001;52:391-404 pubmed..yeast paralogue, and Escherichia coli GLP; (2) AQPs, or aquaporins, which include metazoan AQP0, AQP1, AQP2, AQP4, AQP5, and AQP6; (3) PIPs, or plasma membrane intrinsic proteins of plants, which include PIP1 and PIP2; (4) TIPs, or ..
- Wu H, Chen L, Zhang X, Zhou Q, Li J, Berger S, et al. Aqp5 is a new transcriptional target of Dot1a and a regulator of Aqp2. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53342 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Aqp5 links Dot1l deletion to polyuria through Aqp2...
- Song Y, Verkman A. Aquaporin-5 dependent fluid secretion in airway submucosal glands. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41288-92 pubmed..Immunocytochemistry revealed strong expression of aquaporin water channel AQP5 at the luminal membrane of serous epithelial cells in submucosal glands throughout the mouse nasopharynx and upper ..
- Yates L, Schnatwinkel C, Hazelwood L, Chessum L, Paudyal A, Hilton H, et al. Scribble is required for normal epithelial cell-cell contacts and lumen morphogenesis in the mammalian lung. Dev Biol. 2013;373:267-80 pubmed publisher..Thus we reveal novel and important roles for Scrib in lung development operating via the PCP pathway, and in regulating junctional complexes and cell cohesion. ..
- Tanahashi H, Tian Q, Hara Y, Sakagami H, Endo S, Suzuki T. Polyhydramnios in Lrp4 knockout mice with bilateral kidney agenesis: Defects in the pathways of amniotic fluid clearance. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20241 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that amniotic fluid removal plays an essential role in regulating the amniotic fluid volume. ..
- Hsu Y, Osinski J, Campbell C, Litwack E, Wang D, Liu S, et al. Mesenchymal nuclear factor I B regulates cell proliferation and epithelial differentiation during lung maturation. Dev Biol. 2011;354:242-52 pubmed publisher..The loss of Nfib in all lung cells decreases the expression of markers for alveolar epithelial cells (Aqp5 and Sftpc), Clara cells (Scgb1a1) and ciliated cells (Foxj1) in E18.5 lungs...
- Tiozzo C, De Langhe S, Yu M, Londhe V, Carraro G, Li M, et al. Deletion of Pten expands lung epithelial progenitor pools and confers resistance to airway injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;180:701-12 pubmed publisher..Pten has a pivotal role in lung stem cell homeostasis, cell differentiation, and consequently resistance to lung injury. ..
- Larsen H, Ruus A, Galtung H. Aquaporin expression patterns in the developing mouse salivary gland. Eur J Oral Sci. 2009;117:655-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates that AQP presentation varies and has a specific expression pattern during the development of mouse SMG. This feature may be important for glandular anatomical and physiological development. ..
- Ohinata A, Nagai K, Nomura J, Hashimoto K, Hisatsune A, Miyata T, et al. Lipopolysaccharide changes the subcellular distribution of aquaporin 5 and increases plasma membrane water permeability in mouse lung epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;326:521-6 pubmedAquaporin-5 (AQP5), a major water channel in lung epithelial cells, plays an important role in maintaining water homeostasis in the lungs...
- Morgan Bathke M, Harris Z, Arnett D, Klein R, Burd R, Ann D, et al. The Rapalogue, CCI-779, improves salivary gland function following radiation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113183 pubmed publisher..Four to six week old Atg5f/f; Aqp5-Cre, Atg5+/+; Aqp5-Cre and FVB mice were treated with targeted head and neck radiation...
- Liu Y, Jiang H, Crawford H, Hogan B. Role for ETS domain transcription factors Pea3/Erm in mouse lung development. Dev Biol. 2003;261:10-24 pubmed..Our results provide the first functional evidence that Pea3 subfamily members play a role in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during lung organogenesis. ..
- Laresgoiti U, Nikolić M, Rao C, Brady J, Richardson R, Batchen E, et al. Lung epithelial tip progenitors integrate glucocorticoid- and STAT3-mediated signals to control progeny fate. Development. 2016;143:3686-3699 pubmed..Further elucidation of these pathways might provide therapeutic opportunities for restoring alveolar capacity. ..
- Morgan Bathke M, Hill G, Harris Z, Lin H, Chibly A, Klein R, et al. Autophagy correlates with maintenance of salivary gland function following radiation. Sci Rep. 2014;4:5206 pubmed publisher..In this study, we utilized Atg5(f/f);Aqp5-Cre mice which harbor a conditional knockout of Atg5, in salivary acinar cells...
- Ono Minagi H, Sarper S, Kurosaka H, Kuremoto K, Taniuchi I, Sakai T, et al. Runx1 mediates the development of the granular convoluted tubules in the submandibular glands. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184395 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this finding, one of the water channels, Aquaporin-5 (AQP5) was mislocalized in the cytoplasm of the Runx1 mutants, suggesting a novel role of Runx1 in the membrane ..
- Offenberg H, Barcroft L, Caveney A, Viuff D, Thomsen P, Watson A. mRNAs encoding aquaporins are present during murine preimplantation development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2000;57:323-30 pubmed..These findings predict that AQPs may function as conduits for trophectoderm fluid transport during blastocyst formation. ..
- Huang Y, Kapere Ochieng J, Kempen M, Munck A, Swagemakers S, van Ijcken W, et al. Hypoxia inducible factor 3? plays a critical role in alveolarization and distal epithelial cell differentiation during mouse lung development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57695 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Hif3? affected the expression of genes not typically involved in the hypoxia response, providing evidence for a novel function of Hif3? beyond the hypoxia response. ..
- Yao Y, Nowak S, Yochelis A, Garfinkel A, BOSTROM K. Matrix GLA protein, an inhibitory morphogen in pulmonary vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30131-42 pubmed
- Concepcion A, Vaeth M, Wagner L, Eckstein M, Hecht L, Yang J, et al. Store-operated Ca2+ entry regulates Ca2+-activated chloride channels and eccrine sweat gland function. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:4303-4318 pubmed publisher..By contrast, expression of TMEM16A, the water channel aquaporin 5 (AQP5), and other regulators of sweat gland function was normal in the absence of SOCE...
- Fang X, Yang B, Matthay M, Verkman A. Evidence against aquaporin-1-dependent CO2 permeability in lung and kidney. J Physiol. 2002;542:63-9 pubmed..However, the kinetics of pH change was not different in lungs of mice lacking AQP1, AQP5 or AQP1/AQP5 together, despite an up to 30-fold reduction in water permeability...
- Yang H, Lu M, Zhang L, Whitsett J, Morrisey E. GATA6 regulates differentiation of distal lung epithelium. Development. 2002;129:2233-46 pubmed..Together, these data implicate GATA6 as an important regulator of distal epithelial cell differentiation and proximal airway development in the mouse. ..
- Mellas R, Kim H, Osinski J, Sadibasic S, Gronostajski R, Cho M, et al. NFIB regulates embryonic development of submandibular glands. J Dent Res. 2015;94:312-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the transcription factor NFIB is not required for branching morphogenesis but plays a key role in tubule cell differentiation during mouse SMG development. ..
- Im S, Jeong H, Jeong H, Kim K, Hwang D, Ikegami M, et al. Disruption of sorting nexin 5 causes respiratory failure associated with undifferentiated alveolar epithelial type I cells in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58511 pubmed publisher..in the lungs of Snx5(-/-) mice were comparable to those of Snx5(+/+) mice, the expression levels of T1?, Aqp5, and Rage, markers for distal alveolar epithelial type I cells, were significantly decreased in Snx5 (-/-) mice...
- Whiteman E, Fan S, Harder J, Walton K, Liu C, Soofi A, et al. Crumbs3 is essential for proper epithelial development and viability. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:43-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that Crumbs3 is crucial for epithelial morphogenesis and plays a role in linking the apical membrane to the underlying ezrin-containing cytoskeleton. ..
- Yang J, Hernandez B, Martinez Alanis D, Narvaez Del Pilar O, Vila Ellis L, Akiyama H, et al. The development and plasticity of alveolar type 1 cells. Development. 2016;143:54-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that AT1 cells might be a new target in the pathogenesis and treatment of lung diseases associated with premature birth. ..
- Kitagawa M, Takebe A, Ono Y, Imai T, Nakao K, Nishikawa S, et al. Phf14, a novel regulator of mesenchyme growth via platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor-?. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:27983-96 pubmed publisher..This study shows that Phf14 acts as a negative regulator of PDGFR? expression in mesenchymal cells undergoing normal and abnormal proliferation, and is a potential target for new treatments of lung fibrosis. ..
- Joza S, Wang J, Fox E, Hillman V, Ackerley C, Post M. Loss of semaphorin-neuropilin-1 signaling causes dysmorphic vascularization reminiscent of alveolar capillary dysplasia. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2003-17 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a critical role for Sema3-Nrp1 signaling in fetal pulmonary development, which may have clinical relevance for treatment of various neonatal respiratory disorders, including alveolar capillary dysplasia. ..
- Trejo C, Juan J, Vicent S, Sweet Cordero A, McMahon M. MEK1/2 inhibition elicits regression of autochthonous lung tumors induced by KRASG12D or BRAFV600E. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3048-59 pubmed publisher..The data also emphasize the ability of KRAS(G12D) to promote malignant lung cancer progression compared with oncogenic BRAF(V600E). ..
- Song Y, Sonawane N, Verkman A. Localization of aquaporin-5 in sweat glands and functional analysis using knockout mice. J Physiol. 2002;541:561-8 pubmed..By analogy to salivary and submucosal glands, where fluid secretion is aquaporin-5 (AQP5) dependent, we postulated that aquaporin water channels might facilitate sweat secretion...
- Li X, Fang Y, Li X, Liang J, Jiang D, Geng Y, et al. Apical Secretion of FSTL1 in the Respiratory Epithelium for Normal Lung Development. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158385 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that tightly spatial interaction of FSTL1 and BMP signaling plays an essential role in lung development. ..
- Sindhu Kumari S, Varadaraj K. Aquaporin 5 knockout mouse lens develops hyperglycemic cataract. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:333-8 pubmed publisherThe scope of this investigation was to understand the role of aquaporin 5 (AQP5) for maintaining lens transparency and homeostasis. Studies were conducted using lenses of wild-type (WT) and AQP5 knockout (AQP5-KO) mice...
- Flodby P, Borok Z, Banfalvi A, Zhou B, Gao D, Minoo P, et al. Directed expression of Cre in alveolar epithelial type 1 cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:173-8 pubmed publisher..transgenic Cre mouse, we generated a knockin of a Cre-IRES-DsRed cassette into exon 1 of the endogenous aquaporin 5 (Aqp5) gene, a gene expressed specifically in AT1 cells in the distal lung epithelium, resulting in the mouse ..
- Antony N, McDougall A, Mantamadiotis T, Cole T, Bird A. Creb1 regulates late stage mammalian lung development via respiratory epithelial and mesenchymal-independent mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25569 pubmed publisher..Together our results suggest that the requirement of Creb1 for normal mammalian lung morphogenesis is not dependent upon its expression in lung epithelium or mesenchyme, nor its role in musculoskeletal development. ..
- Kishimoto K, Nishizuka M, Ueda T, Kajita K, Ugawa S, Shimada S, et al. Indispensable role of factor for adipocyte differentiation 104 (fad104) in lung maturation. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:2110-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that fad104 has an indispensable role in lung maturation, especially the maturation and differentiation of ATII cells. ..
- Shu W, Jiang Y, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt7b regulates mesenchymal proliferation and vascular development in the lung. Development. 2002;129:4831-42 pubmed..These defects lead to rupture of the major vessels and hemorrhage in the lungs after birth. These results demonstrate that Wnt7b signaling is required for proper lung mesenchymal growth and vascular development. ..
- Inoue R, Sohara E, Rai T, Satoh T, Yokozeki H, Sasaki S, et al. Immunolocalization and translocation of aquaporin-5 water channel in sweat glands. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;70:26-33 pubmed publisherAquaporin-5 (AQP5) is a member of the water channel protein family. Although AQP5 was shown to be present in sweat glands, the presence or absence of regulated intracellular translocation of AQP5 in sweat glands remained to be determined.
- PeÃ±a MÃ¼nzenmayer G, CatalÃ¡n M, Kondo Y, Jaramillo Y, Liu F, Shull G, et al. Ae4 (Slc4a9) Anion Exchanger Drives Cl- Uptake-dependent Fluid Secretion by Mouse Submandibular Gland Acinar Cells. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10677-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both Ae2 and Ae4 anion exchangers are functionally expressed in submandibular acinar cells; however, only Ae4 expression appears to be important for cAMP-dependent regulation of fluid secretion. ..
- Maurya D, Henriques T, Marini M, Pedemonte N, Galietta L, Rock J, et al. Development of the Olfactory Epithelium and Nasal Glands in TMEM16A-/- and TMEM16A+/+ Mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129171 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the development of mouse olfactory epithelium and nasal glands does not seem to be affected by the genetic ablation of TMEM16A. ..
- Felszeghy S, Modis L, Nemeth P, Nagy G, Zelles T, Agre P, et al. Expression of aquaporin isoforms during human and mouse tooth development. Arch Oral Biol. 2004;49:247-57 pubmed..AQP2, AQP3 and AQP9 immunoreactivity was not observed in tooth germs, whereas strong AQP4 and AQP5 expression was observed in dental lamina, inner enamel epithelium, stratum intermedium, stellate reticulum and the ..
- Verkman A. Role of aquaporin water channels in eye function. Exp Eye Res. 2003;76:137-43 pubmed..epithelia and trabecular meshwork, AQP3 in conjunctiva, AQP4 in ciliary epithelium and retinal Müller cells, and AQP5 in corneal and lacrimal gland epithelia...
- Song Y, Jayaraman S, Yang B, Matthay M, Verkman A. Role of aquaporin water channels in airway fluid transport, humidification, and surface liquid hydration. J Gen Physiol. 2001;117:573-82 pubmed..AQP1 in microvascular endothelia, AQP3 in upper airway epithelia, AQP4 in upper and lower airway epithelia, and AQP5 in alveolar epithelia...