Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Apba1
Description: amyloid beta (A4) precursor protein binding, family A, member 1
Alias: 6430513E09Rik, Lin-10, Mint, Mint1, Urop11, X11, X11alpha, amyloid-beta A4 precursor protein-binding family A member 1, amyloid beta A4 precursor protein-binding family A member 1, UROP11-110, adapter protein X11alpha, mint-1, neuron-specific X11 protein, neuronal Munc18-1-interacting protein 1
- Park J, Jung M, Kim Y, Song W, Chung S. Phosphorylation of Munc18-1 by Dyrk1A regulates its interaction with Syntaxin 1 and X11?. J Neurochem. 2012;122:1081-91 pubmed publisher..Munc18-1, a central regulator of neurotransmitter release, interacts with Syntaxin 1 and X11?...
- Ho A, Liu X, Sudhof T. Deletion of Mint proteins decreases amyloid production in transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14392-400 pubmed publisher..Here, we crossed conditional and constitutive Mint1, Mint2, and Mint3 knock-out mice with transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease overproducing human Abeta ..
- Zhao C, Takita J, Tanaka Y, Setou M, Nakagawa T, Takeda S, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A caused by mutation in a microtubule motor KIF1Bbeta. Cell. 2001;105:587-97 pubmed..We show that CMT2A patients contain a loss-of-function mutation in the motor domain of the KIF1B gene. This is clear indication that defects in axonal transport due to a mutated motor protein can underlie human peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Guillaud L, Wong R, Hirokawa N. Disruption of KIF17-Mint1 interaction by CaMKII-dependent phosphorylation: a molecular model of kinesin-cargo release. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:19-29 pubmed..To address this specific question, we have investigated the mechanism behind the regulation of the KIF17-Mint1 interaction. Here we report that the tail region of the molecular motor KIF17 is regulated by phosphorylation...
- Saito Y, Sano Y, Vassar R, Gandy S, Nakaya T, Yamamoto T, et al. X11 proteins regulate the translocation of amyloid beta-protein precursor (APP) into detergent-resistant membrane and suppress the amyloidogenic cleavage of APP by beta-site-cleaving enzyme in brain. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35763-71 pubmed publisherb>X11 and X11-like proteins (X11L) are neuronal adaptor proteins whose association to the cytoplasmic domain of amyloid beta-protein precursor (APP) suppresses the generation of amyloid beta-protein (Abeta) implicated in Alzheimer disease ..
- Verlaeten O, Casery C, Cavagna S, Naville D, Giraudon P, Belin M, et al. Identification of Urop11, a novel leptin-modulated gene that is upregulated in the hypothalamus of mice with virus-induced obesity. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;38:3-17 pubmed..b>Urop11 was mainly detected in the hypothalamus and adipocytes, and was dramatically upregulated in these central and ..
- Dumanis S, Cha H, Song J, Trotter J, Spitzer M, Lee J, et al. ApoE receptor 2 regulates synapse and dendritic spine formation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17203 pubmed publisher..We also tested whether the interaction between ApoEr2 and its cytoplasmic adaptor proteins, specifically X11? and PSD-95, affected synapse and dendritic spine formation...
- Olsen O, Moore K, Fukata M, Kazuta T, Trinidad J, Kauer F, et al. Neurotransmitter release regulated by a MALS-liprin-alpha presynaptic complex. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:1127-34 pubmed..The MALS/Veli-CASK-Mint-1 complex of PDZ proteins occurs on both sides of the synapse and has the potential to link transsynaptic adhesion ..
- Ryder J, Su Y, Liu F, Li B, Zhou Y, Ni B. Divergent roles of GSK3 and CDK5 in APP processing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:922-9 pubmed..Our data support a function for both GSK3 and CDK5 in APP processing, further implicating these two kinases in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Mori A, Okuyama K, Horie M, Taniguchi Y, Wadatsu T, Nishino N, et al. Alteration of methamphetamine-induced striatal dopamine release in mint-1 knockout mice. Neurosci Res. 2002;43:251-7 pubmedb>Mint-1, which is also called as X11 or mammalian Lin10, protein has been implicated in the synaptic vesicle exocytosis and the targeting and localization of synaptic membrane proteins...
- O Sullivan J, Comerford E, Rachidi W, Scott M, Hooper N, McMahon H. The effects of the cellular and infectious prion protein on the neuronal adaptor protein X11Î±. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:2213-21 pubmed publisherThe neuronal adaptor protein X11Î± is a multidomain protein with a phosphotyrosine binding (PTB) domain, two PDZ (PSD_95, Drosophila disks-large, ZO-1) domains, a Munc Interacting (MI) domain and a CASK interacting region...
- Samuels B, Hsueh Y, Shu T, Liang H, Tseng H, Hong C, et al. Cdk5 promotes synaptogenesis by regulating the subcellular distribution of the MAGUK family member CASK. Neuron. 2007;56:823-37 pubmed..Functional consequences include alterations in calcium influx. Mechanistically, Cdk5 regulates the interaction between CASK and liprin-alpha. These results provide a molecular explanation of how Cdk5 can promote synaptogenesis. ..