Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap2a2
Description: adaptor-related protein complex 2, alpha 2 subunit
Alias: 2410074K14Rik, AF006990, AW146353, Adtab, C78001, L25, AP-2 complex subunit alpha-2, 100 kDa coated vesicle protein C, adapter-related protein complex 2 alpha-2 subunit, adapter-related protein complex 2 subunit alpha-2, adaptor protein complex AP-2 subunit alpha-2, adaptor protein complex AP-2, alpha 2 subunit, adaptor-related protein complex 2 subunit alpha-2, adaptor-related protein complex AP-2, alpha 2 subunit, alpha-C adaptin, alpha-adaptin C, alpha2-adaptin, clathrin assembly protein complex 2 alpha-C large chain, plasma membrane adaptor HA2/AP2 adaptin alpha C subunit
- Brett T, Traub L, Fremont D. Accessory protein recruitment motifs in clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Structure. 2002;10:797-809 pubmed..A mechanism of clathrin assembly regulation is suggested by three different AP-2 engagement modes. ..
- Shimomura J, Ishibashi O, Ikegame M, Yoshizawa T, Ejiri S, Noda T, et al. Tensile stress induces alpha-adaptin C production in mouse calvariae in an organ culture: possible involvement of endocytosis in mechanical stress-stimulated osteoblast differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2003;195:488-96 pubmed..These results, taken together, suggest that TS accelerates osteoblast differentiation and osteogenesis, possibly through the induction of the alpha-adaptin C expression and consequent activation of receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Rappoport J, Taha B, Lemeer S, Benmerah A, Simon S. The AP-2 complex is excluded from the dynamic population of plasma membrane-associated clathrin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47357-60 pubmed..These results suggest that colocalized clathrin/AP-2 puncta may represent loci for coated pit production and that previous models that assumed AP-2 was retained within clathrin coats during endocytosis may need to be re-evaluated. ..
- Wu N, Zheng B, SHAYWITZ A, Dagon Y, Tower C, Bellinger G, et al. AMPK-dependent degradation of TXNIP upon energy stress leads to enhanced glucose uptake via GLUT1. Mol Cell. 2013;49:1167-75 pubmed publisher..The glucose influx through GLUT1 restores ATP-to-ADP ratios in the short run and ultimately induces TXNIP protein production to suppress glucose uptake once energy homeostasis is reestablished. ..
- El Hashash A, Warburton D. Numb expression and asymmetric versus symmetric cell division in distal embryonic lung epithelium. J Histochem Cytochem. 2012;60:675-82 pubmed publisher..These novel findings provide evidence for asymmetric cell division in distal epithelial stem/progenitor cells of embryonic lungs and a framework for future translationally oriented studies in this area. ..
- Collaco A, Jakab R, Hegan P, Mooseker M, Ameen N. Alpha-AP-2 directs myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator chloride channels in the intestine. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17177-87 pubmed publisher..The findings support alpha-AP-2 in directing myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of CFTR and a requirement for myosin VI in membrane invagination and coated pit formation in enterocytes. ..
- Newman L, McKeever M, Okano H, Darnell R. Beta-NAP, a cerebellar degeneration antigen, is a neuron-specific vesicle coat protein. Cell. 1995;82:773-83 pubmed..We propose a model in which beta-NAP mediates vesicle transport between the soma and the axon terminus and suggest that beta-NAP may represent a general class of coat proteins that mediates apical transport in polarized cells. ..
- Di Paolo G, Sankaranarayanan S, Wenk M, Daniell L, Perucco E, Caldarone B, et al. Decreased synaptic vesicle recycling efficiency and cognitive deficits in amphiphysin 1 knockout mice. Neuron. 2002;33:789-804 pubmed..These defects correlate with increased mortality due to rare irreversible seizures and with major learning deficits, suggesting a critical role of amphiphysin for higher brain functions. ..
- Friocourt G, Chafey P, Billuart P, Koulakoff A, Vinet M, Schaar B, et al. Doublecortin interacts with mu subunits of clathrin adaptor complexes in the developing nervous system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:307-19 pubmed..Taken together these data indicate that a certain proportion of Doublecortin interacts with AP-1 and/or AP-2 in vivo and are consistent with a potential involvement of Doublecortin in protein sorting or vesicular trafficking. ..
- Scheele U, Alves J, Frank R, Duwel M, Kalthoff C, Ungewickell E. Molecular and functional characterization of clathrin- and AP-2-binding determinants within a disordered domain of auxilin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25357-68 pubmed..Like AP180, auxilin also directly interacts with the ear domain of beta-adaptin. On the basis of our data, we propose a refined model for the uncoating mechanism of clathrin-coated vesicles. ..
- John B, Herrin B, Raman C, Wang Y, Bobbitt K, Brody B, et al. The B cell coreceptor CD22 associates with AP50, a clathrin-coated pit adapter protein, via tyrosine-dependent interaction. J Immunol. 2003;170:3534-43 pubmed..In conclusion, these studies demonstrate that internalization of CD22 is dependent on its association with the AP-2 complex via tyrosine-based internalization motifs. ..
- Li W, Puertollano R, Bonifacino J, Overbeek P, Everett E. Disruption of the murine Ap2?1 gene causes nonsyndromic cleft palate. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2010;47:566-73 pubmed publisher..Nonsyndromic cleft palate in an animal model is associated with disruption of the Ap2?1 gene. ..
- Piccoli G, Condliffe S, Bauer M, Giesert F, Boldt K, De Astis S, et al. LRRK2 controls synaptic vesicle storage and mobilization within the recycling pool. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2225-37 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LRRK2 modulates synaptic vesicle trafficking and distribution in neurons and in consequence participates in regulating the dynamics between vesicle pools inside the presynaptic bouton...
- Okada A, Kushima K, Aoki Y, Bialer M, Fujiwara M. Identification of early-responsive genes correlated to valproic acid-induced neural tube defects in mice. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2005;73:229-38 pubmed..Our approach has allowed the expansion of the catalog of molecules immediately affected by VPA in the developing neural tube. ..
- Denisov A, Ritter B, McPherson P, Gehring K. 1H, 15N and 13C resonance assignments and 15N-1H residual dipolar couplings for the alpha-adaptin ear-domain. J Biomol NMR. 2004;29:441-2 pubmed
- Ting S, Deneault E, Hope K, Cellot S, Chagraoui J, Mayotte N, et al. Asymmetric segregation and self-renewal of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells with endocytic Ap2a2. Blood. 2012;119:2510-22 pubmed publisher..screen on a subcohort of candidate polarity genes, which revealed 6 novel positive regulators of HSC function: Ap2a2, Gpsm2, Tmod1, Kif3a, Racgap1, and Ccnb1...
- Muthusamy N, Faundez V, Bergson C. Calcyon, a mammalian specific NEEP21 family member, interacts with adaptor protein complex 3 (AP-3) and regulates targeting of AP-3 cargoes. J Neurochem. 2012;123:60-72 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that calcyon directly interacts with ?3A and ?3B, and regulates the subcellular distribution of AP-3 and the targeting of AP-3 cargoes. ..
- Page L, Sowerby P, Lui W, Robinson M. Gamma-synergin: an EH domain-containing protein that interacts with gamma-adaptin. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:993-1004 pubmed..The presence of an EH domain suggests that gamma-synergin links the AP-1 complex to another protein or proteins. ..
- Traub L, Downs M, Westrich J, Fremont D. Crystal structure of the alpha appendage of AP-2 reveals a recruitment platform for clathrin-coat assembly. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:8907-12 pubmed
- Ritter B, Murphy S, Dokainish H, Girard M, Gudheti M, Kozlov G, et al. NECAP 1 regulates AP-2 interactions to control vesicle size, number, and cargo during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001670 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that NECAP 1 modulates the AP-2 interactome and reveal a new layer of organizational control within the endocytic machinery. ..
- Jurecic R, Nachtman R, Colicos S, Belmont J. Identification and cloning of differentially expressed genes by long-distance differential display. Anal Biochem. 1998;259:235-44 pubmed