Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap1m1
Description: adaptor-related protein complex AP-1, mu subunit 1
Alias: AA408894, AP47, Adtm1A, Cltnm, mu1A, AP-1 complex subunit mu-1, AP-mu chain family member mu1A, adapter-related protein complex 1 subunit mu-1, adaptor protein complex AP-1 mu-1 subunit, adaptor-related protein complex 1 mu-1 subunit, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 medium chain 1, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 mu-1 medium chain 1, clathrin coat assembly protein AP47, clathrin coat-associated protein AP47, golgi adaptor HA1/AP1 adaptin mu-1 subunit, mu-adaptin 1, mu1A-adaptin
- Bonifacino J. Adaptor proteins involved in polarized sorting. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:7-17 pubmed publisher..The clathrin-associated adaptor protein 1 (AP-1) complex plays a preeminent role in this process, although other adaptors and coat proteins, such as AP-4, ARH, Numb, exomer, and retromer, have also been implicated. ..
- Hirata Y, Funato Y, Miki H. Basolateral sorting of the MgÂ²âº transporter CNNM4 requires interaction with AP-1A and AP-1B. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;455:184-9 pubmed publisher..These results imply that CNNM4 is sorted to the basolateral membrane by the complementary function of AP-1A and AP-1B. ..
- Bonnemaison M, BÃ¤ck N, Duffy M, Ralle M, Mains R, Eipper B. Adaptor Protein-1 Complex Affects the Endocytic Trafficking and Function of Peptidylglycine Î±-Amidating Monooxygenase, a Luminal Cuproenzyme. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:21264-79 pubmed publisher..Altered luminal cuproenzyme function may contribute to deficits observed when the AP-1 function is compromised. ..
- Meyer C, Eskelinen E, Guruprasad M, Von Figura K, Schu P. Mu 1A deficiency induces a profound increase in MPR300/IGF-II receptor internalization rate. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:4469-76 pubmed..We analyzed transport of MPR300 in mu1A-adaptin-deficient fibroblasts, which lack a functional AP-1 clathrin adaptor complex...
- Jia X, Weber E, Tokarev A, Lewinski M, Rizk M, Suarez M, et al. Structural basis of HIV-1 Vpu-mediated BST2 antagonism via hijacking of the clathrin adaptor protein complex 1. elife. 2014;3:e02362 pubmed publisher..The ability of Vpu to hijack AP-dependent trafficking pathways suggests a potential common theme for Vpu-mediated downregulation of host proteins.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.02362.001. ..