Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap1g1
Description: adaptor protein complex AP-1, gamma 1 subunit
Alias: AA409002, AU041323, AW551707, Adtg, D8Ertd374e, AP-1 complex subunit gamma-1, adapter-related protein complex 1 subunit gamma-1, adaptor protein complex AP-1 subunit gamma-1, adaptor-related protein complex 1 subunit gamma-1, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 gamma-1 large chain, gamma-adaptin, gamma1-adaptin, golgi adaptor HA1/AP1 adaptin subunit gamma-1
- Hatano T, Kubo S, Imai S, Maeda M, Ishikawa K, Mizuno Y, et al. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 associates with lipid rafts. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:678-90 pubmed..I2020T mutant LRRK2 associates with lipid rafts, similar to the WT. The lipid raft association of LRRK2 mutants as well as WT LRRK2 suggests that alteration of LRRK2 function on lipid rafts contributes to the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Holt M, Varoqueaux F, Wiederhold K, Takamori S, Urlaub H, Fasshauer D, et al. Identification of SNAP-47, a novel Qbc-SNARE with ubiquitous expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17076-83 pubmed..However, neither complex assembly nor fusion was as efficient as with SNAP-25. ..
- Ritter B, Philie J, Girard M, Tung E, Blondeau F, McPherson P. Identification of a family of endocytic proteins that define a new alpha-adaptin ear-binding motif. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:1089-95 pubmed..Disruption of this interaction blocks clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Together, our studies identify a new family of endocytic proteins that define a unique AP-2-binding motif. ..
- Page L, Sowerby P, Lui W, Robinson M. Gamma-synergin: an EH domain-containing protein that interacts with gamma-adaptin. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:993-1004 pubmed..The presence of an EH domain suggests that gamma-synergin links the AP-1 complex to another protein or proteins. ..
- Bogan J, Lodish H. Two compartments for insulin-stimulated exocytosis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes defined by endogenous ACRP30 and GLUT4. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:609-20 pubmed
- Kent H, McMahon H, Evans P, Benmerah A, Owen D. Gamma-adaptin appendage domain: structure and binding site for Eps15 and gamma-synergin. Structure. 2002;10:1139-48 pubmed..This observation explains the demonstrated brefeldinA (BFA)-sensitive colocalization of Eps15 and AP1 at the Golgi complex. ..
- Wasiak S, Denisov A, Han Z, Leventis P, de Heuvel E, Boulianne G, et al. Characterization of a gamma-adaptin ear-binding motif in enthoprotin. FEBS Lett. 2003;555:437-42 pubmed..NMR studies of the gamma-ear in complex with a synthetic peptide from enthoprotin provide structural details of the binding site for TGN accessory proteins within the gamma-ear. ..
- Friocourt G, Chafey P, Billuart P, Koulakoff A, Vinet M, Schaar B, et al. Doublecortin interacts with mu subunits of clathrin adaptor complexes in the developing nervous system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:307-19 pubmed..Taken together these data indicate that a certain proportion of Doublecortin interacts with AP-1 and/or AP-2 in vivo and are consistent with a potential involvement of Doublecortin in protein sorting or vesicular trafficking. ..
- Meyer C, Zizioli D, Lausmann S, Eskelinen E, Hamann J, Saftig P, et al. mu1A-adaptin-deficient mice: lethality, loss of AP-1 binding and rerouting of mannose 6-phosphate receptors. EMBO J. 2000;19:2193-203 pubmed..MPR46 fails to recycle back from the endosome to the TGN, indicating that AP-1 is required for retrograde endosome to TGN transport of the receptor. ..
- Govero J, Doray B, Bai H, Kornfeld S. Analysis of Gga null mice demonstrates a non-redundant role for mammalian GGA2 during development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30184 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the three mammalian GGAs are essential proteins that are not fully redundant. ..
- Zizioli D, Meyer C, Guhde G, Saftig P, Von Figura K, Schu P. Early embryonic death of mice deficient in gamma-adaptin. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5385-90 pubmed..Free beta1- or micro1 chains were not detectable, indicating that they are unstable unless they are part of AP-1 complexes. Heterozygous mice weigh less then their wild-type littermates and show impaired T cell development. ..
- Jia X, Weber E, Tokarev A, Lewinski M, Rizk M, Suarez M, et al. Structural basis of HIV-1 Vpu-mediated BST2 antagonism via hijacking of the clathrin adaptor protein complex 1. elife. 2014;3:e02362 pubmed publisher..The ability of Vpu to hijack AP-dependent trafficking pathways suggests a potential common theme for Vpu-mediated downregulation of host proteins.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.02362.001. ..
- Johnson K, Gagnon L, Chang B. A hypomorphic mutation of the gamma-1 adaptin gene (Ap1g1) causes inner ear, retina, thyroid, and testes abnormalities in mice. Mamm Genome. 2016;27:200-12 pubmed publisher..A null mutation of the mouse Ap1g1 gene, which encodes the gamma-1 subunit of the AP-1 complex, causes embryonic lethality when homozygous, ..