Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Antxr2
Description: anthrax toxin receptor 2
Alias: 2310046B19Rik, AW561899, CMG-2, CMG2, cI-35, anthrax toxin receptor 2
- Chen K, Liu S, Leysath C, Miller Randolph S, Zhang Y, Fattah R, et al. Anthrax Toxin Protective Antigen Variants That Selectively Utilize either the CMG2 or TEM8 Receptors for Cellular Uptake and Tumor Targeting. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22021-22029 pubmed..Two PA receptors are known, with capillary morphogenesis protein 2 (CMG2) being the more important for pathogenesis and tumor endothelial marker 8 (TEM8) playing a minor role...
- Park S, Lee H, Ji S, Kim M, Jigden B, Lim J, et al. ANTXR2 is a potential causative gene in the genome-wide association study of the blood pressure locus 4q21. Hypertens Res. 2014;37:811-7 pubmed publisher..Using a mouse model, we aimed to identify a causative gene in the 4q21 locus, in which four genes (anthrax toxin receptor 2 (ANTXR2), PR domain-containing 8 (PRDM8), FGF5 and chromosome 4 open reading frame 22 (C4orf22)) were ..
- Reeves C, Wang X, Charles Horvath P, Vink J, Borisenko V, Young J, et al. Anthrax toxin receptor 2 functions in ECM homeostasis of the murine reproductive tract and promotes MMP activity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34862 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the biological role of Antxr2, we generated Antxr2-/- mice...
- Sastalla I, Tang S, Crown D, Liu S, Eckhaus M, Hewlett I, et al. Anthrax edema toxin impairs clearance in mice. Infect Immun. 2012;80:529-38 pubmed publisher..PA binding and uptake of the PA oligomer in vitro and in vivo through upregulation of the PA receptors TEM8 and CMG2 in both myeloid and nonmyeloid cells...
- Takahashi Y, Miyata M, Zheng P, Imazato T, Horwitz A, Smith J. Identification of cAMP analogue inducible genes in RAW264 macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1492:385-94 pubmed..ABC1 was upregulated in RAW cells by cAMP, concurrent with the cAMP induction of lipid efflux to apolipoprotein A1. ..
- Ha S, Ham B, Mogridge J, Saftig P, Lin S, Kim S. Cathepsin B-mediated autophagy flux facilitates the anthrax toxin receptor 2-mediated delivery of anthrax lethal factor into the cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2120-9 pubmed publisher..We found that the cytoplasmic delivery of LF by ANTXR2 was mediated by cathepsin B (CTSB) and required lysosomal fusion with LeTx-containing endosomes...
- Eng S, Dykes I, Lanier J, Fedtsova N, Turner E. POU-domain factor Brn3a regulates both distinct and common programs of gene expression in the spinal and trigeminal sensory ganglia. Neural Dev. 2007;2:3 pubmed
- Rainey G, Wigelsworth D, Ryan P, Scobie H, Collier R, Young J. Receptor-specific requirements for anthrax toxin delivery into cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13278-83 pubmed..proteins, protective antigen (PA), binds to tumor endothelial marker 8 (TEM8) or capillary morphogenesis protein 2 (CMG2) cellular receptors...