Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Antxr1
Description: anthrax toxin receptor 1
Alias: 2310008J16Rik, 2810405N18Rik, Antrx1, Tem8, anthrax toxin receptor 1, tumor endothelial marker 8
- Xu Q, Hesek E, Zeng M. Transcriptional stimulation of anthrax toxin receptors by anthrax edema toxin and Bacillus anthracis Sterne spore. Microb Pathog. 2007;43:37-45 pubmedWe used quantitative real-time RT-PCR to not only investigate the mRNA levels of anthrax toxin receptor 1 (ANTXR1) and 2 (ANTXR2) in the murine J774A...
- Sastalla I, Tang S, Crown D, Liu S, Eckhaus M, Hewlett I, et al. Anthrax edema toxin impairs clearance in mice. Infect Immun. 2012;80:529-38 pubmed publisher..increased PA binding and uptake of the PA oligomer in vitro and in vivo through upregulation of the PA receptors TEM8 and CMG2 in both myeloid and nonmyeloid cells...
- Andersen N, Boguslawski E, Naidu A, Szot C, Bromberg White J, Kits K, et al. Anthrax Toxin Receptor 1 Is Essential for Arteriogenesis in a Mouse Model of Hindlimb Ischemia. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0146586 pubmed publisherAnthrax toxin receptor 1/tumor endothelial marker 8 (Antxr1 or TEM8) is up-regulated in tumor vasculature and serves as a receptor for anthrax toxin, but its physiologic function is unclear...
- Liu S, Liu J, Ma Q, Cao L, Fattah R, Yu Z, et al. Solid tumor therapy by selectively targeting stromal endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4079-87 pubmed publisher..The ability to give repeated doses of toxins, coupled with the specific targeting of tumor endothelial cells, suggests that our strategy should be efficacious for a wide range of solid tumors. ..
- Chen K, Liu S, Leysath C, Miller Randolph S, Zhang Y, Fattah R, et al. Anthrax Toxin Protective Antigen Variants That Selectively Utilize either the CMG2 or TEM8 Receptors for Cellular Uptake and Tumor Targeting. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22021-22029 pubmed..are known, with capillary morphogenesis protein 2 (CMG2) being the more important for pathogenesis and tumor endothelial marker 8 (TEM8) playing a minor role...
- Liu S, Zhang Y, Hoover B, Leppla S. The receptors that mediate the direct lethality of anthrax toxin. Toxins (Basel). 2012;5:1-8 pubmed publisherTumor endothelium marker-8 (TEM8) and capillary morphogenesis protein-2 (CMG2) are the two well-characterized anthrax toxin receptors, each containing a von Willebrand factor A (vWA) domain responsible for anthrax protective antigen (PA) ..