Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Angpt2
Description: angiopoietin 2
Alias: Agpt2, Ang-2, Ang2, angiopoietin-2
- Benest A, Kruse K, Savant S, Thomas M, Laib A, Loos E, et al. Angiopoietin-2 is critical for cytokine-induced vascular leakage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70459 pubmed publisher..In comparison to the wild type control mice, the Ang2(-/-) mice demonstrated a significantly attenuated response...
- Zhang L, Yang N, Park J, Katsaros D, Fracchioli S, Cao G, et al. Tumor-derived vascular endothelial growth factor up-regulates angiopoietin-2 in host endothelium and destabilizes host vasculature, supporting angiogenesis in ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3403-12 pubmed
- Visconti R, Richardson C, Sato T. Orchestration of angiogenesis and arteriovenous contribution by angiopoietins and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8219-24 pubmed..We believe that our study is a step toward understanding how multiple classes of factors harmonize angiogenesis and blood vessel types. ..
- Hackett S, Wiegand S, Yancopoulos G, Campochiaro P. Angiopoietin-2 plays an important role in retinal angiogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2002;192:182-7 pubmedb>Angiopoietin 2 (Ang2) expression in the retina is increased during physiologic and pathologic neovascularization suggesting that it may be involved. In this study, we used Ang2-deficient mice to test that hypothesis...
- Holopainen T, Saharinen P, D Amico G, Lampinen A, Eklund L, Sormunen R, et al. Effects of angiopoietin-2-blocking antibody on endothelial cell-cell junctions and lung metastasis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:461-75 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin-2 (Ang2), a ligand for endothelial TEK (Tie2) tyrosine kinase receptor, is induced in hypoxic endothelial cells of tumors, where it promotes tumor angiogenesis and growth...
- Maisonpierre P, Suri C, Jones P, Bartunkova S, Wiegand S, Radziejewski C, et al. Angiopoietin-2, a natural antagonist for Tie2 that disrupts in vivo angiogenesis. Science. 1997;277:55-60 pubmed..An Ang1 relative, termed angiopoietin-2 (Ang2), was identified by homology screening and shown to be a naturally occurring antagonist for Ang1 and Tie2...
- Tressel S, Kim H, Ni C, Chang K, Velasquez Castano J, Taylor W, et al. Angiopoietin-2 stimulates blood flow recovery after femoral artery occlusion by inducing inflammation and arteriogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:1989-95 pubmed publisher..have shown that shear stress regulates the angiogenic potential of endothelial cells in vitro by an Angiopoietin-2 (Ang2)-dependent mechanism; however its pathophysiological significance in vivo was not clear...
- Makinde T, Agrawal D. Increased expression of angiopoietins and Tie2 in the lungs of chronic asthmatic mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;44:384-93 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin (Ang)1 and Ang2 are ligands for Tie2 tyrosine kinase receptor (Tie2)...
- Hammes H, Lin J, Wagner P, Feng Y, Vom Hagen F, Krzizok T, et al. Angiopoietin-2 causes pericyte dropout in the normal retina: evidence for involvement in diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes. 2004;53:1104-10 pubmed..Injection of angiopoietin-2 into the eyes of normal rats induced a dose-dependent pericyte loss. These data show that upregulation of angiopoietin-2 plays a critical role in the loss of pericytes in the diabetic retina. ..
- Zheng W, Nurmi H, Appak S, Sabine A, Bovay E, Korhonen E, et al. Angiopoietin 2 regulates the transformation and integrity of lymphatic endothelial cell junctions. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1592-603 pubmed publisher..b>Angiopoietin 2 (Ang2) deficiency leads to abnormal lymphatic vessels...
- Pietilä R, Nätynki M, Tammela T, Kangas J, Pulkki K, Limaye N, et al. Ligand oligomerization state controls Tie2 receptor trafficking and angiopoietin-2-specific responses. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2212-23 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin 1 (Ang1) is an activating ligand for the endothelial receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2, whereas Ang2 acts as a context-dependent agonist or antagonist that has a destabilizing effect on the vasculature...
- Falcon B, Hashizume H, Koumoutsakos P, Chou J, Bready J, Coxon A, et al. Contrasting actions of selective inhibitors of angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 on the normalization of tumor blood vessels. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:2159-70 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) have complex actions in angiogenesis and vascular remodeling due to their effects on Tie2 receptor signaling...
- Tabruyn S, Colton K, Morisada T, Fuxe J, Wiegand S, Thurston G, et al. Angiopoietin-2-driven vascular remodeling in airway inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:3233-43 pubmed publisher..However, the precise contributions of both angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) are not clear. In this study, we sought to determine the contribution of Ang2 to this vascular remodeling...
- Hato T, Kimura Y, Morisada T, Koh G, Miyata K, Tabata M, et al. Angiopoietins contribute to lung development by regulating pulmonary vascular network formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:218-23 pubmed publisher..Ang1, was detected in lung tissue at birth and its expression gradually increased in mice, whereas its antagonist Ang2 was abundant at birth and decreased inversely with Ang1...
- Reiss Y, Droste J, Heil M, Tribulova S, Schmidt M, Schaper W, et al. Angiopoietin-2 impairs revascularization after limb ischemia. Circ Res. 2007;101:88-96 pubmed..In conclusion, our studies define Ang-2 as an important molecule for the progression of collateral artery growth and angiogenesis during ischemia and suggest precise Ang-2 dosage activities to accomplish blood vessel growth. ..
- Colen K, Crisera C, Rose M, Connelly P, Longaker M, Gittes G. Vascular development in the mouse embryonic pancreas and lung. J Pediatr Surg. 1999;34:781-5 pubmed..in the developing mouse pancreas and lung by studying two ligands, angiopoietin-1 (ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (ang2), which are thought to play a role as angiogenesis-activating factors in development...
- Dellinger M, Hunter R, Bernas M, Gale N, Yancopoulos G, Erickson R, et al. Defective remodeling and maturation of the lymphatic vasculature in Angiopoietin-2 deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2008;319:309-20 pubmed publisher..One gene thought to be important for this process is Angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2). Ang2(-/-) mice have previously been reported to exhibit an abnormal lymphatic phenotype but the precise nature of the ..
- Oh S, Seki T, Goss K, Imamura T, Yi Y, Donahoe P, et al. Activin receptor-like kinase 1 modulates transforming growth factor-beta 1 signaling in the regulation of angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:2626-31 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the balance between the ALK1 and ALK5 signaling pathways in endothelial cells plays a crucial role in determining vascular endothelial properties during angiogenesis. ..
- Jeansson M, Gawlik A, Anderson G, Li C, Kerjaschki D, Henkelman M, et al. Angiopoietin-1 is essential in mouse vasculature during development and in response to injury. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2278-89 pubmed publisher..These findings redefine our understanding of the biological roles of angiopoietin-1: it is dispensable in quiescent vessels but has a powerful ability to modulate the vascular response after injury. ..
- Scholz A, Lang V, Henschler R, Czabanka M, Vajkoczy P, Chavakis E, et al. Angiopoietin-2 promotes myeloid cell infiltration in a ??-integrin-dependent manner. Blood. 2011;118:5050-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results describe Ang-2 as a novel, endothelial-derived regulator of myeloid cell infiltration that modulates ??-integrin-mediated adhesion in a paracrine manner. ..
- Shimoda H, Bernas M, Witte M, Gale N, Yancopoulos G, Kato S. Abnormal recruitment of periendothelial cells to lymphatic capillaries in digestive organs of angiopoietin-2-deficient mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;328:329-37 pubmedThe fine structure of lymphatic capillaries in the digestive organs of angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) knockout mice was studied by using both immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy...
- Felcht M, Luck R, Schering A, Seidel P, Srivastava K, Hu J, et al. Angiopoietin-2 differentially regulates angiogenesis through TIE2 and integrin signaling. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1991-2005 pubmed publisher..The results of this study have immediate translational implications for the therapeutic exploitation of angiopoietin signaling. ..
- Yao D, Taguchi T, Matsumura T, Pestell R, Edelstein D, Giardino I, et al. High glucose increases angiopoietin-2 transcription in microvascular endothelial cells through methylglyoxal modification of mSin3A. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31038-45 pubmed..This novel mechanism for regulating gene expression may play a role in the pathobiology of diabetic vascular disease. ..
- De Palma M, Naldini L. Angiopoietin-2 TIEs up macrophages in tumor angiogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5226-32 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin-2 (ANG2), a ligand of the TIE2 receptor, modulates endothelial cell biology and destabilizes blood vessels to facilitate angiogenesis...
- Rajput C, Tauseef M, Farazuddin M, Yazbeck P, Amin M, Avin Br V, et al. MicroRNA-150 Suppression of Angiopoetin-2 Generation and Signaling Is Crucial for Resolving Vascular Injury. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:380-8 pubmed publisherIncreased vascular permeability is a hallmark of sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome. Angiopoietin (Ang2) induces vascular leak, and excess Ang2 generation is associated with patient mortality from these diseases...
- Winnik S, Klinkert M, Kurz H, Zoeller C, Heinke J, Wu Y, et al. HoxB5 induces endothelial sprouting in vitro and modifies intussusceptive angiogenesis in vivo involving angiopoietin-2. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:558-65 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling of proangiogenic factors was done by quantitative PCR. The angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) promoter and deletion fragments thereof were cloned into the pGL3 reporter system for analysis of transcriptional ..
- Keskin D, Kim J, Cooke V, Wu C, Sugimoto H, Gu C, et al. Targeting vascular pericytes in hypoxic tumors increases lung metastasis via angiopoietin-2. Cell Rep. 2015;10:1066-81 pubmed publisher..Indeed, pericyte targeting in established mouse tumors increased angiopoietin-2 (ANG2/Angpt2) expression...
- Tuo Q, Xiong G, Zeng H, Yu H, Sun S, Ling H, et al. Angiopoietin-1 protects myocardial endothelial cell function blunted by angiopoietin-2 and high glucose condition. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:45-51 pubmed publisher..This suggests a protective role of Ang-1 in the ischemic myocardium, particularly in hearts affected by hyperglycemia or diabetes. ..
- Guo B, Zhang X, Li S, Tian X, Wang S, Li D, et al. Expression and regulation of Ang-2 in murine ovaries during sexual maturation and development of corpus luteum. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2012;46:900-6 pubmed..Then again Ang-2 expression gradually declined from day 11 to 15 after hCG injection. These results suggest that Ang-2 may be involved in follicular development, atresia, ovulation, and corpus luteum formation and regression. ..
- Valenzuela D, Griffiths J, Rojas J, Aldrich T, Jones P, Zhou H, et al. Angiopoietins 3 and 4: diverging gene counterparts in mice and humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1904-9 pubmed..Angiopoietin-3 and angiopoietin-4 have very different distributions in their respective species, and angiopoietin-3 appears to act as an antagonist, whereas angiopoietin-4 appears to function as an agonist. ..
- Sleigh J, Gómez Martín A, Wei N, Bai G, Yang X, Schiavo G. Neuropilin 1 sequestration by neuropathogenic mutant glycyl-tRNA synthetase is permissive to vascular homeostasis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9216 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that mutant GlyRS-mediated disruption of Nrp1/VEGF-A signalling is permissive to maturation and maintenance of the vasculature in CMT2D mice. ..
- Böhmer R, Neuhaus B, Bühren S, Zhang D, Stehling M, Böck B, et al. Regulation of developmental lymphangiogenesis by Syk(+) leukocytes. Dev Cell. 2010;18:437-49 pubmed publisher..This mechanism does not involve circulating endothelial progenitor cells and demonstrates the potential of hematopoietic cells to control developmental lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Rychli K, Kaun C, Hohensinner P, Rega G, Pfaffenberger S, Vyskocil E, et al. The inflammatory mediator oncostatin M induces angiopoietin 2 expression in endothelial cells in vitro and in vivo. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:596-604 pubmed publisher..Oncostatin M (OSM) increased Ang2 expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells via Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of ..
- Gale N, Yancopoulos G. Growth factors acting via endothelial cell-specific receptor tyrosine kinases: VEGFs, angiopoietins, and ephrins in vascular development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1055-66 pubmed
- Hegeman M, Hennus M, van Meurs M, Cobelens P, Kavelaars A, Jansen N, et al. Angiopoietin-1 treatment reduces inflammation but does not prevent ventilator-induced lung injury. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15653 pubmed publisher..Ang-1 treatment downregulates pulmonary inflammation, VEGF and Ang-2 expression but does not protect against vascular leakage and impaired gas exchange induced by HVT-ventilation. ..
- Saint Geniez M, Ghelfi E, Liang X, Yu C, Spencer C, Abend S, et al. Fatty acid binding protein 4 deficiency protects against oxygen-induced retinopathy in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96253 pubmed publisher..demonstrated decreased expression of genes involved in angiogenesis, such as Placental Growth Factor, and angiopoietin 2. Collectively, our findings suggest FABP4 as a potential target of pathologic retinal angiogenesis in ..
- Baudino T, McKay C, Pendeville Samain H, Nilsson J, Maclean K, White E, et al. c-Myc is essential for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis during development and tumor progression. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2530-43 pubmed..These findings support the model wherein c-Myc promotes cell growth and transformation, as well as vascular and hematopoietic development, by functioning as a master regulator of angiogenic factors. ..
- Nakajima M, Yuasa S, Ueno M, Takakura N, Koseki H, Shirasawa T. Abnormal blood vessel development in mice lacking presenilin-1. Mech Dev. 2003;120:657-67 pubmed..An in vitro assay using para-aortic splanchnopleural mesoderm (P-Sp) revealed aberrant angiogenesis in the explant culture from the mutant. These findings suggest the essential roles of PS1 in angiogenesis. ..
- Hubbard N, Lim D, Mukutmoni M, Cai A, Erickson K. Expression and regulation of murine macrophage angiopoietin-2. Cell Immunol. 2005;234:102-9 pubmed..Specifically, Ang2 has been associated with pathologic as well as normal vascularization...
- Lagha M, Brunelli S, Messina G, Cumano A, Kume T, Relaix F, et al. Pax3:Foxc2 reciprocal repression in the somite modulates muscular versus vascular cell fate choice in multipotent progenitors. Dev Cell. 2009;17:892-9 pubmed publisher..This provides insight into how cell fate choices are orchestrated by these lineage genes in the dermomyotome. ..
- Ren X, Ustiyan V, Pradhan A, Cai Y, Havrilak J, Bolte C, et al. FOXF1 transcription factor is required for formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating VEGF signaling in endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2014;115:709-20 pubmed publisher..FOXF1 is required for the formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating endothelial genes critical for vascular development and vascular endothelial growth factor signaling. ..
- Faller S, Spassov S, Zimmermann K, Ryter S, Buerkle H, Loop T, et al. Hydrogen sulfide prevents hyperoxia-induced lung injury by downregulating reactive oxygen species formation and angiopoietin-2 release. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:2715-21 pubmed..In endothelial cells and macrophages, angiopoietin-2 was released due to ROS formation and decreased in the presence of NaHS. In conclusion, H2S protects from HALI by preventing ROS production and angiopoietin-2 release. ..
- Marteau L, Valable S, Divoux D, Roussel S, Touzani O, Mackenzie E, et al. Angiopoietin-2 is vasoprotective in the acute phase of cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:389-95 pubmed publisher..factor (VEGF), a key inducer of vascular leakage and pathological blood vessel growth, and of angiopoietin-2 (Ang2), which is closely associated with VEGF in vascular remodeling...
- Vajkoczy P, Farhadi M, Gaumann A, Heidenreich R, Erber R, Wunder A, et al. Microtumor growth initiates angiogenic sprouting with simultaneous expression of VEGF, VEGF receptor-2, and angiopoietin-2. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:777-85 pubmed..The results of this study suggest a new concept of vascular tumor initiation that may have important implications for the clinical application of antiangiogenic strategies. ..
- Yuan H, Suri C, Yancopoulos G, Woolf A. Expression of angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2, and the Tie-2 receptor tyrosine kinase during mouse kidney maturation. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999;10:1722-36 pubmed..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that Tie-2 has roles in maturation of both glomeruli and vasa rectae. ..
- Ghosh C, Mukherjee A, David S, Knaus U, Stearns Kurosawa D, Kurosawa S, et al. Impaired function of the Tie-2 receptor contributes to vascular leakage and lethality in anthrax. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10024-9 pubmed publisher..Measurement of circulating Tie-2 ligands and manipulation of Tie-2 activity may represent future prognostic and therapeutic avenues for humans exposed to B. anthracis. ..
- Arsenault P, Song D, Chung Y, Khurana T, Lee F. The Zinc Finger of Prolyl Hydroxylase Domain Protein 2 Is Essential for Efficient Hydroxylation of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor Î±. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2328-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings have important implications for understanding both the molecular mechanism of the hypoxic response and human adaptation to high altitude. ..
- Baumer S, Keller L, Holtmann A, Funke R, August B, Gamp A, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific phosphotyrosine phosphatase (VE-PTP) activity is required for blood vessel development. Blood. 2006;107:4754-62 pubmed..No signs for enhanced endothelial apoptosis or proliferation were observed. Thus, the activity of VE-PTP is not required for the initial formation of blood vessels, yet it is essential for their maintenance and remodeling. ..
- Im J, Tapmeier T, Balathasan L, Gal A, Yameen S, Hill S, et al. G-CSF rescues tumor growth and neo-angiogenesis during liver metastasis under host angiopoietin-2 deficiency. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:315-26 pubmed publisherSuppression of neo-angiogenesis is a clinically used anti-tumor strategy with new targets such as angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) being proposed...
- Yu X, Sha J, Xiang S, Qin S, Conrad P, Ghosh S, et al. Suppression of KSHV-induced angiopoietin-2 inhibits angiogenesis, infiltration of inflammatory cells, and tumor growth. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:2053-65 pubmed publisher..These results underscore a pivotal role of KSHV-induced Ang-2 in KS tumor development by promoting both angiogenesis and inflammation. Our data also suggest that selective drug targeting of Ang-2 may be used for treatment of KS. ..
- Qiu Y, Zhao D, ButenschÃ¶n V, Bauer A, Schneider S, Skolnik E, et al. Nucleoside diphosphate kinase B deficiency causes a diabetes-like vascular pathology via up-regulation of endothelial angiopoietin-2 in the retina. Acta Diabetol. 2016;53:81-9 pubmed publisher..Expression of angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) and protein N-acetylglucosamine modification (GlcNAcylation) were assessed by western blot and/or ..
- Dhillon R, Xie C, Tyler W, Calvi L, Awad H, Zuscik M, et al. PTH-enhanced structural allograft healing is associated with decreased angiopoietin-2-mediated arteriogenesis, mast cell accumulation, and fibrosis. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:586-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, rPTH therapy may be generalizable to all forms of tissue repair that suffer from limited biointegration and excessive fibrosis. ..
- Tibboel J, Groenman F, Selvaratnam J, Wang J, Tseu I, Huang Z, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 stimulates postnatal lung development but does not prevent O2-induced alveolar injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015;52:448-58 pubmed publisher..The increase in postnatal vasculature was accompanied by enhanced alveolar formation. However, stable HIF-1Î± expression in the distal lung did not prevent hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonates but instead worsened lung function. ..
- Takahashi T, Takahashi K, St John P, Fleming P, Tomemori T, Watanabe T, et al. A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1817-31 pubmed..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions. ..
- Lavine K, White A, Park C, Smith C, Choi K, Long F, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signals regulate a wave of Hedgehog activation that is essential for coronary vascular development. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1651-66 pubmed..activation that is essential for vascular endothelial growth factor (Vegf)-A, Vegf-B, Vegf-C, and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) expression...
- Yuen D, Grimaldo S, Sessa R, Ecoiffier T, Truong T, Huang E, et al. Role of angiopoietin-2 in corneal lymphangiogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3320-7 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the Ang-2 pathway may provide novel insights and therapeutic strategies for lymphatic-related disorders, which occur both inside and outside the eye. ..
- Furuyama T, Kitayama K, Shimoda Y, Ogawa M, Sone K, Yoshida Araki K, et al. Abnormal angiogenesis in Foxo1 (Fkhr)-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Foxo1 is essential to the ability of endothelial cells to respond properly to a high dose of VEGF, thereby playing a critical role in normal vascular development. ..
- Hakanpaa L, Sipilä T, Leppänen V, Gautam P, Nurmi H, Jacquemet G, et al. Endothelial destabilization by angiopoietin-2 via integrin Î²1 activation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5962 pubmed publisher..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) supports endothelial stabilization via Tie2 activation. Angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) functions as a context-dependent Tie2 agonist/antagonist promoting pathological angiogenesis, vascular ..
- Brunckhorst M, Xu Y, Lu R, Yu Q. Angiopoietins promote ovarian cancer progression by establishing a procancer microenvironment. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:2285-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that, compared with their normal counterparts, expressions of Angpt1, Angpt2, and Angpt4 are increased in ovarian cancer cells and tissues and that human ovarian cancer cells also express the ..
- Pham V, Roman B, Weinstein B. Isolation and expression analysis of three zebrafish angiopoietin genes. Dev Dyn. 2001;221:470-4 pubmed..We have obtained full-length cDNA sequences for zebrafish orthologs of angiopoietin-1 (ang1), angiopoietin-2 (ang2), and angiopoietin-like-3 (angptl3)...
- Hess A, Hirchenhain J, Schanz A, Talbi S, Hamilton A, Giudice L, et al. Angiopoietin-1 and -2 mRNA and protein expression in mouse preimplantation embryos and uteri suggests a role in angiogenesis during implantation. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2006;18:509-16 pubmed
- van Tuyl M, Groenman F, Wang J, Kuliszewski M, Liu J, Tibboel D, et al. Angiogenic factors stimulate tubular branching morphogenesis of sonic hedgehog-deficient lungs. Dev Biol. 2007;303:514-26 pubmed..5-13.5 Shh-deficient and wild-type lungs. In contrast, angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), but not Ang2 or the angiopoietin receptor Tie2, mRNA expression was downregulated in E12.5-E13.5 lungs of Shh null mutants...
- Norrmen C, Ivanov K, Cheng J, Zangger N, Delorenzi M, Jaquet M, et al. FOXC2 controls formation and maturation of lymphatic collecting vessels through cooperation with NFATc1. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:439-57 pubmed publisher..As damage to collecting vessels is a major cause of lymphatic dysfunction in humans, our results suggest that FOXC2 and NFATc1 are potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Mochizuki Y, Nakamura T, Kanetake H, Kanda S. Angiopoietin 2 stimulates migration and tube-like structure formation of murine brain capillary endothelial cells through c-Fes and c-Fyn. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:175-83 pubmedThe angiopoietin (Ang)/Tie2 system is exclusively involved in vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Ang2 is known to inhibit Ang1-mediated phosphorylation of Tie2 as well as cellular responses during embryonic development...
- Ramasamy S, Kusumbe A, Schiller M, Zeuschner D, Bixel M, Milia C, et al. Blood flow controls bone vascular function and osteogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13601 pubmed publisher..We propose that blood flow and endothelial Notch signalling are key factors controlling ageing processes in the skeletal system. ..
- Sato T, Loughna S, Davis E, Visconti R, Richardson C. Selective functions of angiopoietins and vascular endothelial growth factor on blood vessels: the concept of "vascular domain". Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2002;67:171-80 pubmed
- Calderari S, Chougnet C, Clemessy M, Kempf H, Corvol P, Larger E. Angiopoietin 2 alters pancreatic vascularization in diabetic conditions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29438 pubmed publisher..To inhibit angiopoietin 2 (Ang2), SCID mice were treated with 4 mg/kg IP L1-10 twice/week...
- Joza S, Wang J, Fox E, Hillman V, Ackerley C, Post M. Loss of semaphorin-neuropilin-1 signaling causes dysmorphic vascularization reminiscent of alveolar capillary dysplasia. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2003-17 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a critical role for Sema3-Nrp1 signaling in fetal pulmonary development, which may have clinical relevance for treatment of various neonatal respiratory disorders, including alveolar capillary dysplasia. ..
- Rattner A, Yu H, Williams J, Smallwood P, Nathans J. Endothelin-2 signaling in the neural retina promotes the endothelial tip cell state and inhibits angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3830-9 pubmed publisher..The response to Edn2 is sufficiently potent that it overrides the activities of other homeostatic regulators of angiogenesis, such as Vegf. ..
- Grammas P, Tripathy D, Sanchez A, Yin X, Luo J. Brain microvasculature and hypoxia-related proteins in Alzheimer's disease. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2011;4:616-27 pubmed..These data suggest the cerebromicrovasculature is an important target for the effects of hypoxia in the AD brain. ..
- Lukasz A, Hillgruber C, Oberleithner H, Kusche Vihrog K, PavenstÃ¤dt H, Rovas A, et al. Endothelial glycocalyx breakdown is mediated by angiopoietin-2. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:671-680 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that eGC breakdown is mediated by Angpt-2 in a non-redundant manner. ..
- Huang X, Gao X, Diaz Trelles R, Ruiz Lozano P, Wang Z. Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180. Dev Biol. 2008;319:258-66 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation. ..
- Udani V, Santarelli J, Yung Y, Cheshier S, Andrews A, Kasad Z, et al. Differential expression of angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 may enhance recruitment of bone-marrow-derived endothelial precursor cells into brain tumors. Neurol Res. 2005;27:801-6 pubmed
- Feng Y, Pfister F, Schreiter K, Wang Y, Stock O, Vom Hagen F, et al. Angiopoietin-2 deficiency decelerates age-dependent vascular changes in the mouse retina. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;21:129-36 pubmed publisher..Gene expression analysis revealed that VEGF, Ang-1, PDGF-B and Ang2 mRNA levels were decreased in the wild type retinae at 9 month of age...
- Ganta V, Cromer W, Mills G, Traylor J, Jennings M, Daley S, et al. Angiopoietin-2 in experimental colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:1029-39 pubmed publisher..The implications for Ang-2 manipulation in the development of IBD and other inflammatory diseases and treatments involving Ang-2 are discussed. ..
- Kokai E, Voss F, Fleischer F, Kempe S, Marinkovic D, Wolburg H, et al. Myc regulates embryonic vascular permeability and remodeling. Circ Res. 2009;104:1151-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the net outcome of an excess of vascular endothelial growth factor-A and angiopoietin-2 in the face of an elevated cellular turnover appears to be a defect in vascular integrity. ..