Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Angpt1
Description: angiopoietin 1
Alias: 1110046O21Rik, Ang-1, Ang1, angiopoietin-1
- Mammoto T, Parikh S, Mammoto A, Gallagher D, Chan B, Mostoslavsky G, et al. Angiopoietin-1 requires p190 RhoGAP to protect against vascular leakage in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23910-8 pubmed..These results provide mechanistic evidence that targeting the endothelium through Tie-2 may offer specific therapeutic strategies in life-threatening endotoxemic conditions such as sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome. ..
- Liu Y, Wada R, Yamashita T, Mi Y, Deng C, Hobson J, et al. Edg-1, the G protein-coupled receptor for sphingosine-1-phosphate, is essential for vascular maturation. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:951-61 pubmed..Our data reveal Edg-1 to be the first G protein-coupled receptor required for blood vessel formation and show that sphingolipid signaling is essential during mammalian development. ..
- Hato T, Kimura Y, Morisada T, Koh G, Miyata K, Tabata M, et al. Angiopoietins contribute to lung development by regulating pulmonary vascular network formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:218-23 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the Tie2 agonist ligand, Ang1, was detected in lung tissue at birth and its expression gradually increased in mice, whereas its antagonist Ang2 ..
- Thurston G, Suri C, Smith K, McClain J, Sato T, Yancopoulos G, et al. Leakage-resistant blood vessels in mice transgenically overexpressing angiopoietin-1. Science. 1999;286:2511-4 pubmedAngiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) are endothelial cell-specific growth factors...
- Colen K, Crisera C, Rose M, Connelly P, Longaker M, Gittes G. Vascular development in the mouse embryonic pancreas and lung. J Pediatr Surg. 1999;34:781-5 pubmed..the formation of blood vessels in the developing mouse pancreas and lung by studying two ligands, angiopoietin-1 (ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (ang2), which are thought to play a role as angiogenesis-activating factors in development...
- Gu H, Cui M, Bai Y, Chen F, Ma K, Zhou C, et al. Angiopoietin-1/Tie2 signaling pathway inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of RAW264.7 macrophage cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:178-82 pubmed publisherAngiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is a ligand for the endothelial-specific tyrosine kinase receptor Tie2 and has been shown to play an essential role in embryonic vasculature development...
- Jeansson M, Gawlik A, Anderson G, Li C, Kerjaschki D, Henkelman M, et al. Angiopoietin-1 is essential in mouse vasculature during development and in response to injury. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2278-89 pubmed publisher..These findings redefine our understanding of the biological roles of angiopoietin-1: it is dispensable in quiescent vessels but has a powerful ability to modulate the vascular response after injury. ..
- Suri C, Jones P, Patan S, Bartunkova S, Maisonpierre P, Davis S, et al. Requisite role of angiopoietin-1, a ligand for the TIE2 receptor, during embryonic angiogenesis. Cell. 1996;87:1171-80 pubmed..Angiopoietin-1 seems to play a crucial role in mediating reciprocal interactions between the endothelium and surrounding matrix and mesenchyme. ..
- Pereira F, Qiu Y, Zhou G, Tsai M, Tsai S. The orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII is required for angiogenesis and heart development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1037-49 pubmed..This down-regulation suggests that COUP-TFII may be required for bidirectional signaling between the endothelial and mesenchymal compartments essential for proper angiogenesis and heart development. ..
- Gale N, Thurston G, Hackett S, Renard R, Wang Q, McClain J, et al. Angiopoietin-2 is required for postnatal angiogenesis and lymphatic patterning, and only the latter role is rescued by Angiopoietin-1. Dev Cell. 2002;3:411-23 pubmed..Our studies define a vascular growth factor whose primary role is in postnatal angiogenic remodeling and also demonstrate that members of the VEGF and Angiopoietin families collaborate during development of the lymphatic vasculature. ..
- Fiedler U, Krissl T, Koidl S, Weiss C, Koblizek T, Deutsch U, et al. Angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 share the same binding domains in the Tie-2 receptor involving the first Ig-like loop and the epidermal growth factor-like repeats. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:1721-7 pubmed
- Yuasa H, Oike Y, Iwama A, Nishikata I, Sugiyama D, Perkins A, et al. Oncogenic transcription factor Evi1 regulates hematopoietic stem cell proliferation through GATA-2 expression. EMBO J. 2005;24:1976-87 pubmed..Our results reveal that GATA-2 is presumably one of critical targets for Evi1 and that transcription factors regulate the HSC pool hierarchically. ..
- Park J, Kim I, Han S, Park I, Kim C, Bae J, et al. Normalization of Tumor Vessels by Tie2 Activation and Ang2 Inhibition Enhances Drug Delivery and Produces a Favorable Tumor Microenvironment. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:953-967 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings establish that simultaneous Tie2 activation and Ang2 inhibition form a powerful therapeutic strategy to elicit a favorable tumor microenvironment and enhanced delivery of a chemotherapeutic agent into tumors. ..
- Regan C, Li W, Boucher D, Spatz S, Su M, Kuida K. Erk5 null mice display multiple extraembryonic vascular and embryonic cardiovascular defects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9248-53 pubmed..Moreover, the inability of Erk5-deficient mice to form a complex vasculature suggests that Erk5 may play an important role in controlling angiogenesis. ..
- Goossens S, Janzen V, Bartunkova S, Yokomizo T, Drogat B, Crisan M, et al. The EMT regulator Zeb2/Sip1 is essential for murine embryonic hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell differentiation and mobilization. Blood. 2011;117:5620-30 pubmed publisher..These results reveal essential roles for Zeb2 in embryonic hematopoiesis and are suggestive of a role for Zeb2 in hematopoietic-related pathologies in the adult. ..
- Kolatsi Joannou M, Li X, Suda T, Yuan H, Woolf A. Expression and potential role of angiopoietins and Tie-2 in early development of the mouse metanephros. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:120-6 pubmed
- Ward N, Putoczki T, Mearow K, Ivanco T, Dumont D. Vascular-specific growth factor angiopoietin 1 is involved in the organization of neuronal processes. J Comp Neurol. 2005;482:244-56 pubmed..By using a mouse molecular genetics approach, we overexpressed Ang1 in the mouse forebrain and observed increases in overall vascularization, consistent with prior reports describing ..
- Zhang Y, Call M, Yeh L, Liu H, Kochel T, Wang I, et al. Aberrant expression of a beta-catenin gain-of-function mutant induces hyperplastic transformation in the mouse cornea. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1285-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results argue that beta-catenin activation is a crucial step during OSSN pathogenesis. Thus, inhibition of beta-catenin might be beneficial for treating this disease. ..
- Fuxe J, Lashnits E, O Brien S, Baluk P, Tabruyn S, Kuhnert F, et al. Angiopoietin/Tie2 signaling transforms capillaries into venules primed for leukocyte trafficking in airway inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2009-18 pubmed publisher..pulmonis-infected mouse airways. Similar to M. pulmonis infection, systemic overexpression of angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) resulted in remodeling of airway capillaries into venular-like vessels that expressed venous markers like P-..
- Morisada T, Oike Y, Yamada Y, Urano T, Akao M, Kubota Y, et al. Angiopoietin-1 promotes LYVE-1-positive lymphatic vessel formation. Blood. 2005;105:4649-56 pubmed..On the basis of these observations, we propose that Ang signaling regulates lymphatic vessel formation through Tie2. ..
- Takakura N, Watanabe T, Suenobu S, Yamada Y, Noda T, Ito Y, et al. A role for hematopoietic stem cells in promoting angiogenesis. Cell. 2000;102:199-209 pubmed..Disrupted angiogenesis in P-Sp cultures from AML1 null embryos was rescued by addition of HSCs or angiopoietin-1 (Ang1). HSCs, which express Ang1, directly promoted migration of ECs in vivo and in vitro...
- Wagatsuma A. Effect of hindlimb unweighting on expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha vascular endothelial growth factor, angiopoietin, and their receptors in mouse skeletal muscle. Physiol Res. 2008;57:613-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that alterations in expression of VEGF, angiopoietins, and their receptors may be associated with capillary regression after HU. ..
- Ramirez Bergeron D, Runge A, Adelman D, Gohil M, Simon M. HIF-dependent hematopoietic factors regulate the development of the embryonic vasculature. Dev Cell. 2006;11:81-92 pubmed..These results suggest that HIF coordinates early endothelial cell emergence and vessel development by promoting hematopoietic cell survival and paracrine growth factor production. ..
- Su D, Zhang N, He J, Qu S, Slusher S, Bottino R, et al. Angiopoietin-1 production in islets improves islet engraftment and protects islets from cytokine-induced apoptosis. Diabetes. 2007;56:2274-83 pubmed..These results indicate that Ang-1 confers a cytoprotective effect on islets, enhancing islet engraftment and preserving functional islet mass in transplants. ..
- Nakayama T, Yao L, Tosato G. Mast cell-derived angiopoietin-1 plays a critical role in the growth of plasma cell tumors. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1317-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate that mast cell-derived Ang-1 promotes the growth of plasmacytomas by stimulating neovascularization and provide further evidence supporting a causal relationship between inflammation and tumor growth. ..
- Cui X, Chopp M, Zacharek A, Ye X, Roberts C, Chen J. Angiopoietin/Tie2 pathway mediates type 2 diabetes induced vascular damage after cerebral stroke. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;43:285-92 pubmed publisher..Therefore, decreased Angiopoietin1/Tie2 and increased Angiopoietin2 expression may contribute to diabetes-induced vascular damage after stroke. ..
- Chen T, Chen N, Pang N, Xiao L, Li Y, Li R, et al. Hydroxysafflor Yellow A Promotes Angiogenesis via the Angiopoietin 1/ Tie-2 Signaling Pathway. J Vasc Res. 2016;53:245-254 pubmed publisher..HSYA not only induced a rise in the expression of angiopoietin 1 and Tie-2 but it also increased phosphorylation of Tie-2, Akt, and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2...
- Kim J, Park D, Bae H, Park D, Kim D, Lee C, et al. Impaired angiopoietin/Tie2 signaling compromises Schlemm's canal integrity and induces glaucoma. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3877-3896 pubmed publisher..Deletion of Angpt1/Angpt2 or Tie2 in adult mice severely impaired SC integrity and transcytosis, leading to elevated IOP, retinal ..
- Hölscher M, Silter M, Krull S, von Ahlen M, Hesse A, Schwartz P, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain 2 knock out protects from acute myocardial ischemic injury. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11185-94 pubmed publisher..This correlated with a decreased number of apoptotic cells in the infarcted myocardium in the cPhd2(-/-) mice and significantly improved cardiac function 3 weeks after myocardial infarction. ..
- Han D, Jeon S, Sohn D, Lee C, Ahn S, Kim W, et al. SRG3, a core component of mouse SWI/SNF complex, is essential for extra-embryonic vascular development. Dev Biol. 2008;315:136-46 pubmed publisher..However, in Srg3-/-Tg+ yolk sacs, the visceral endoderm did not develop normally. Our results indicate that SRG3 is required for angiogenesis and visceral endoderm development in the yolk sac. ..
- Zhu Q, Kim Y, Wang D, Oh S, Luo K. SnoN facilitates ALK1-Smad1/5 signaling during embryonic angiogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:937-50 pubmed publisher..5. Thus, SnoN is essential for TGF-?/BMP9-dependent biological processes by its ability to both positively and negatively modulate the activities of Smad-dependent pathways. ..
- Koide M, Ikeda K, Akakabe Y, Kitamura Y, Ueyama T, Matoba S, et al. Apoptosis regulator through modulating IAP expression (ARIA) controls the PI3K/Akt pathway in endothelial and endothelial progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9472-7 pubmed publisher..These functions of ARIA might offer a unique therapeutic potential. ..
- Ohara S, Kawasaki Y, Abe Y, Watanabe M, Ono A, Suyama K, et al. Role of vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin 1 in renal injury in hemolytic uremic syndrome. Am J Nephrol. 2012;36:516-23 pubmed publisher..In order to clarify the role of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and angiopoietin 1 (Ang-1) in the renal recovery from HUS, we produced a model of mild HUS and examined the renal recovery ..
- Mammoto T, Chen J, Jiang E, Jiang A, Smith L, Ingber D, et al. LRP5 regulates development of lung microvessels and alveoli through the angiopoietin-Tie2 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41596 pubmed publisher..LRP5 signaling, which is, in turn, governed by a balance between the activities of the antagonistic Tie2 ligands, Ang1 and Ang2...
- Davis S, Papadopoulos N, Aldrich T, Maisonpierre P, Huang T, Kovac L, et al. Angiopoietins have distinct modular domains essential for receptor binding, dimerization and superclustering. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:38-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, angiopoietin-2 has a modular structure and multimerization state similar to that of angiopoietin-1, and its antagonist activity seems to be a subtle property encoded in its receptor-binding domain. ..
- Feraud O, Mallet C, Vilgrain I. Expressional regulation of the angiopoietin-1 and -2 and the endothelial-specific receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2 in adrenal atrophy: a study of adrenocorticotropin-induced repair. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4607-15 pubmed..These results reinforce the role of ACTH in the regulation of angiogenic factors in adrenal gland and suggest that the Ang/Tie2 system might represent a key player for stabilization of adrenal endothelium. ..
- Zhang K, Xiang M, Zhou L, Liu J, Curry N, Heine SuÃ±er D, et al. Gene network and familial analyses uncover a gene network involving Tbx5/Osr1/Pcsk6 interaction in the second heart field for atrial septation. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1140-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study implicated a gene network involving Tbx5, Osr1 and Pcsk6 interaction in SHF for atrial septation, providing a molecular framework for understanding the role of Tbx5 in CHD ontogeny. ..
- Mitiku N, Baker J. Genomic analysis of gastrulation and organogenesis in the mouse. Dev Cell. 2007;13:897-907 pubmed..Drosophila homologs of these genes are also coordinately downregulated following gastrulation, suggesting that the combined function of these genes has been conserved during metazoan evolution. ..
- Dessapt Baradez C, Woolf A, White K, Pan J, Huang J, Hayward A, et al. Targeted glomerular angiopoietin-1 therapy for early diabetic kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:33-42 pubmed publisher..Diabetes-induced nephrin phosphorylation was also reduced in mice with angiopoietin-1 repletion. In conclusion, targeted angiopoietin-1 therapy shows promise as a renoprotective tool in the early stages of diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Ren X, Ustiyan V, Pradhan A, Cai Y, Havrilak J, Bolte C, et al. FOXF1 transcription factor is required for formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating VEGF signaling in endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2014;115:709-20 pubmed publisher..FOXF1 is required for the formation of embryonic vasculature by regulating endothelial genes critical for vascular development and vascular endothelial growth factor signaling. ..
- Han R, Babaei S, Robb M, Lee T, Ridsdale R, Ackerley C, et al. Defective lung vascular development and fatal respiratory distress in endothelial NO synthase-deficient mice: a model of alveolar capillary dysplasia?. Circ Res. 2004;94:1115-23 pubmed..We conclude that eNOS plays a previously unrecognized role in lung development, which may have relevance for clinical syndromes of neonatal respiratory distress. ..
- Zeng H, Li L, Chen J. Overexpression of angiopoietin-1 increases CD133+/c-kit+ cells and reduces myocardial apoptosis in db/db mouse infarcted hearts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35905 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly suggest that Ang-1 attenuates cardiac apoptosis and promotes cardiac repair by a mechanism involving in promoting CD133(+)/c-kit(+) cells and angiogenesis in diabetic db/db mouse infarcted hearts. ..
- Yang J, Boerm M, McCarty M, Bucana C, Fidler I, Zhuang Y, et al. Mekk3 is essential for early embryonic cardiovascular development. Nat Genet. 2000;24:309-13 pubmed..We conclude that Mekk3 is necessary for blood vessel development and may be a possible target for drugs that control angiogenesis. ..
- Hidai C, Kawana M, Habu K, Kazama H, Kawase Y, Iwata T, et al. Overexpression of the Del1 gene causes dendritic branching in the mouse mesentery. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2005;287:1165-75 pubmed..The phenotype of mice overexpressing Del1 suggests the existence of a tissue-specific mechanism for branching morphogenesis in the mesentery. ..
- Kawahara M, Wu Q, Kono T. Involvement of insulin-like growth factor 2 in angiogenic factor transcription in Bi-maternal mouse conceptuses. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:79-85 pubmed..we performed quantitative gene expression analysis for representative angiogenic factors-Vegf, Flt1, Flt4, Flk1, Ang1, Ang2, Tie1, and Tie2-for 3 types of bi-maternal conceptuses containing genomes with non-growing (ng) and fully ..
- Patan S. TIE1 and TIE2 receptor tyrosine kinases inversely regulate embryonic angiogenesis by the mechanism of intussusceptive microvascular growth. Microvasc Res. 1998;56:1-21 pubmed..Angiopoietin-1, a ligand that activates the TIE2 receptor, is expressed in mesenchymal cells surrounding the endothelium. This local relationship is indicative of a paracrine regulation. ..
- Nambu H, Umeda N, Kachi S, Oshima Y, Akiyama H, Nambu R, et al. Angiopoietin 1 prevents retinal detachment in an aggressive model of proliferative retinopathy, but has no effect on established neovascularization. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:227-35 pubmed..In this study, we sought to determine if Ang1 has similar activities. The effects of Ang1 were tested in double transgenic mice with inducible expression of Ang1...
- Wang J, Kumar R, Biggs V, Lee H, Chen Y, Kagey M, et al. The Msx1 Homeoprotein Recruits Polycomb to the Nuclear Periphery during Development. Dev Cell. 2011;21:575-88 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate a hitherto unappreciated spatial coordination of transcription factors with the Polycomb complex for appropriate regulation of gene expression programs during development. ..
- Baumer S, Keller L, Holtmann A, Funke R, August B, Gamp A, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific phosphotyrosine phosphatase (VE-PTP) activity is required for blood vessel development. Blood. 2006;107:4754-62 pubmed..No signs for enhanced endothelial apoptosis or proliferation were observed. Thus, the activity of VE-PTP is not required for the initial formation of blood vessels, yet it is essential for their maintenance and remodeling. ..
- Kim Y, Kim K, Koh G, Ho Y, Lee K. Hydrogen peroxide produced by angiopoietin-1 mediates angiogenesis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6167-74 pubmedAngiopoietin-1 (Ang1) mediates angiogenesis by enhancing endothelial cell survival and migration...
- Tibboel J, Groenman F, Selvaratnam J, Wang J, Tseu I, Huang Z, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 stimulates postnatal lung development but does not prevent O2-induced alveolar injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015;52:448-58 pubmed publisher..The increase in postnatal vasculature was accompanied by enhanced alveolar formation. However, stable HIF-1Î± expression in the distal lung did not prevent hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonates but instead worsened lung function. ..
- Shen F, Walker E, Jiang L, Degos V, Li J, Sun B, et al. Coexpression of angiopoietin-1 with VEGF increases the structural integrity of the blood-brain barrier and reduces atrophy volume. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:2343-51 pubmed publisher..We tested if coexpression of angiopoietin-1 (ANG1) with VEGF improves blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity and VEGF neuroprotective and neurorestorative effects using ..
- Zhao Q, Beck A, Vitale J, Schneider J, Gao S, Chang C, et al. Developmental ablation of Id1 and Id3 genes in the vasculature leads to postnatal cardiac phenotypes. Dev Biol. 2011;349:53-64 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important insights into the role/s of the endocardial network of the endothelial lineage in the development of cardiac disease, and highlight IGFbp3 as a potential link between Id and its vascular effectors. ..
- Lavine K, White A, Park C, Smith C, Choi K, Long F, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signals regulate a wave of Hedgehog activation that is essential for coronary vascular development. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1651-66 pubmed..Consistent with this, activation of HH signaling in the adult heart leads to an increase in coronary vessel density. ..
- Takahashi T, Takahashi K, St John P, Fleming P, Tomemori T, Watanabe T, et al. A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1817-31 pubmed..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions. ..
- Loganathan K, Salem Said E, Winterrowd E, Orebrand M, He L, Vanlandewijck M, et al. Angiopoietin-1 deficiency increases renal capillary rarefaction and tubulointerstitial fibrosis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0189433 pubmed publisher..The current study investigates how loss of Angipoietin-1 (Angpt1), a ligand for endothelial tyrosine-kinase receptor Tek (also called Tie2), affects tubulointerstitial fibrosis ..
- Bi W, Drake C, Schwarz J. The transcription factor MEF2C-null mouse exhibits complex vascular malformations and reduced cardiac expression of angiopoietin 1 and VEGF. Dev Biol. 1999;211:255-67 pubmed..These endocardial defects were accompanied by a notable reduction in angiopoietin 1 and VEGF mRNA production by the myocardium, indicating that MEF2C is required for myocardial expression of ..
- Pham V, Roman B, Weinstein B. Isolation and expression analysis of three zebrafish angiopoietin genes. Dev Dyn. 2001;221:470-4 pubmed..We have obtained full-length cDNA sequences for zebrafish orthologs of angiopoietin-1 (ang1), angiopoietin-2 (ang2), and angiopoietin-like-3 (angptl3)...
- Furuyama T, Kitayama K, Shimoda Y, Ogawa M, Sone K, Yoshida Araki K, et al. Abnormal angiogenesis in Foxo1 (Fkhr)-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Foxo1 is essential to the ability of endothelial cells to respond properly to a high dose of VEGF, thereby playing a critical role in normal vascular development. ..
- Suzuki Y, Ohga N, Morishita Y, Hida K, Miyazono K, Watabe T. BMP-9 induces proliferation of multiple types of endothelial cells in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1684-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that BMP-9 signaling activates the endothelium tested in the present study via ALK-1. ..
- Suzuki Y, Montagne K, Nishihara A, Watabe T, Miyazono K. BMPs promote proliferation and migration of endothelial cells via stimulation of VEGF-A/VEGFR2 and angiopoietin-1/Tie2 signalling. J Biochem. 2008;143:199-206 pubmed..BMP-4 also increased the expression and phosphorylation of VEGFR2 and Tie2. These findings suggest that BMP signalling activates endothelium via activation of VEGF/VEGFR2 and Angiopoietin/Tie2 signalling. ..
- Hess A, Hirchenhain J, Schanz A, Talbi S, Hamilton A, Giudice L, et al. Angiopoietin-1 and -2 mRNA and protein expression in mouse preimplantation embryos and uteri suggests a role in angiogenesis during implantation. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2006;18:509-16 pubmed
- Yamagishi H, Olson E, Srivastava D. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, dHAND, is required for vascular development. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:261-70 pubmed..These results suggest that dHAND is required for vascular development and regulates angiogenesis, possibly through a VEGF signaling pathway. ..
- Michael I, Orebrand M, Lima M, Pereira B, Volpert O, Quaggin S, et al. Angiopoietin-1 deficiency increases tumor metastasis in mice. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:539 pubmed publisher..This study show that loss of the Angiopoietin-1/Tek vascular growth factor system leads to increased metastasis without affecting primary tumor growth. ..
- Brunckhorst M, Xu Y, Lu R, Yu Q. Angiopoietins promote ovarian cancer progression by establishing a procancer microenvironment. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:2285-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that, compared with their normal counterparts, expressions of Angpt1, Angpt2, and Angpt4 are increased in ovarian cancer cells and tissues and that human ovarian cancer cells also ..
- van Tuyl M, Groenman F, Wang J, Kuliszewski M, Liu J, Tibboel D, et al. Angiogenic factors stimulate tubular branching morphogenesis of sonic hedgehog-deficient lungs. Dev Biol. 2007;303:514-26 pubmed..5-13.5 Shh-deficient and wild-type lungs. In contrast, angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), but not Ang2 or the angiopoietin receptor Tie2, mRNA expression was downregulated in E12.5-E13...
- Bohnsack B, Lai L, Northrop J, Justice M, Hirschi K. Visceral endoderm function is regulated by quaking and required for vascular development. Genesis. 2006;44:93-104 pubmed..Although these defects were rescued by exogenous RA, visceral endoderm function or vascular remodeling were not restored. Thus, we conclude that qkI regulates visceral endoderm function, which is critical for vascular remodeling. ..
- Sato T, Loughna S, Davis E, Visconti R, Richardson C. Selective functions of angiopoietins and vascular endothelial growth factor on blood vessels: the concept of "vascular domain". Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2002;67:171-80 pubmed
- Lee J, Park D, Park D, Park I, Chang W, Nakaoka Y, et al. Angiopoietin-1 suppresses choroidal neovascularization and vascular leakage. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:2191-9 pubmed publisherTo investigate the role of angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) in choroidal neovascularization (CNV) and vascular leakage.
- Kertesz N, Wu J, Chen T, Sucov H, Wu H. The role of erythropoietin in regulating angiogenesis. Dev Biol. 2004;276:101-10 pubmed..Moreover, Ang-1 expression is regulated by EPO/EPOR under normoxic conditions. Taken together, our results suggest important roles of EPO and EPOR in angiogenesis. ..
- Choi H, Jeong B, Hur S, Kim J, Lee K, Koh J. The Angiopoietin-1 Variant COMP-Ang1 Enhances BMP2-Induced Bone Regeneration with Recruiting Pericytes in Critical Sized Calvarial Defects. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0140502 pubmed publisher..In this study, we explored the effects of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein-angiopoietin 1 (COMP-Ang1), a synthetic and soluble variant of angiopoietin 1, on bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2)-induced ..
- Huang X, Gao X, Diaz Trelles R, Ruiz Lozano P, Wang Z. Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180. Dev Biol. 2008;319:258-66 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation. ..
- Joza S, Wang J, Fox E, Hillman V, Ackerley C, Post M. Loss of semaphorin-neuropilin-1 signaling causes dysmorphic vascularization reminiscent of alveolar capillary dysplasia. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2003-17 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a critical role for Sema3-Nrp1 signaling in fetal pulmonary development, which may have clinical relevance for treatment of various neonatal respiratory disorders, including alveolar capillary dysplasia. ..
- Cui X, Chen J, Zacharek A, Roberts C, Savant Bhonsale S, Chopp M. Treatment of stroke with (Z)-1-[N-(2-aminoethyl)-N-(2-ammonioethyl) amino] diazen-1-ium-1, 2-diolate and bone marrow stromal cells upregulates angiopoietin-1/Tie2 and enhances neovascularization. Neuroscience. 2008;156:155-64 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that combination treatment of stroke with DETA-NONOate and bone marrow stromal cells promotes neovascularization, which is at least partially mediated by upregulation of the angiopoietin-1/Tie2 axis. ..
- Taura K, De Minicis S, Seki E, Hatano E, Iwaisako K, Osterreicher C, et al. Hepatic stellate cells secrete angiopoietin 1 that induces angiogenesis in liver fibrosis. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1729-38 pubmed publisher..b>Angiopoietin 1 is an angiogenic cytokine indispensable for vascular development and remodeling...
- Hou S, Chan L, Chou Y, Su C, Chen X, Shih Y, et al. Ankrd17, an ubiquitously expressed ankyrin factor, is essential for the vascular integrity during embryogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2765-71 pubmed publisher..The Ankrd17-deficient mice also provide a new animal model for the analysis of the regulatory pathways of the differentiation of vSMC precursor cells. ..
- Higgins S, Purcell L, Silver K, Tran V, Crowley V, Hawkes M, et al. Dysregulation of angiopoietin-1 plays a mechanistic role in the pathogenesis of cerebral malaria. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:358ra128 pubmed publisher..These data define a role for dysregulation of the Ang-Tie-2 axis in the pathogenesis of cerebral malaria and support the evaluation of Ang-Tie-2-based interventions as potential adjunctive therapies for treating severe malaria. ..