Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Amotl2
Description: angiomotin-like 2
Alias: AW549739, C79691, Lccp, MASCOT, mKIAA0989, angiomotin-like protein 2, Leman coiled-coil protein
- Mojallal M, Zheng Y, Hultin S, Audebert S, van Harn T, Johnsson P, et al. AmotL2 disrupts apical-basal cell polarity and promotes tumour invasion. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4557 pubmed publisher..Here we show that AmotL2 expression correlates with loss of tissue architecture in tumours from human breast and colon cancer patients...
- Ragni C, Diguet N, Le Garrec J, Novotova M, Resende T, Pop S, et al. Amotl1 mediates sequestration of the Hippo effector Yap1 downstream of Fat4 to restrict heart growth. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14582 pubmed publisher..This work uncovers a mechanism for the restriction of heart growth at birth, a process which impedes the regenerative potential of the mammalian heart. ..
- Matsumoto H, Fukui E, Yoshizawa M, Sato E, Daikoku T. Differential expression of the motin family in the peri-implantation mouse uterus and their hormonal regulation. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:649-53 pubmed..Amot and Amotl1 were expressed in the stromal cells on days 3 and 4; expressions of Amotl2 during the same period were low...
- Artinian N, Cloninger C, Holmes B, Benavides Serrato A, Bashir T, Gera J. Phosphorylation of the Hippo Pathway Component AMOTL2 by the mTORC2 Kinase Promotes YAP Signaling, Resulting in Enhanced Glioblastoma Growth and Invasiveness. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:19387-401 pubmed publisher..Utilizing a gene-trapping strategy in a mouse glioma model, we report the identification of AMOTL2 as a candidate substrate for mTORC2. AMOTL2 is phosphorylated at serine 760 by mTORC2...
- Poncy A, Antoniou A, Cordi S, Pierreux C, Jacquemin P, Lemaigre F. Transcription factors SOX4 and SOX9 cooperatively control development of bile ducts. Dev Biol. 2015;404:136-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SOX4 is a new regulator of liver development and that it exerts a pleiotropic control on bile duct development in cooperation with SOX9. ..
- Bratt A, Wilson W, Troyanovsky B, Aase K, Kessler R, Van Meir E, et al. Angiomotin belongs to a novel protein family with conserved coiled-coil and PDZ binding domains. Gene. 2002;298:69-77 pubmed..These two genes have been named angiomotin-like 1 (amotl1) and angiomotin-like 2 (amotl2). We have cloned mouse angiomotin and identified amotl1 and amotl2 homologs in mice...