Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Amigo1
Description: adhesion molecule with Ig like domain 1
Alias: Amigo, ali2, amphoterin-induced protein 1, AMIGO-1, alivin 2, amigo1, amphoterin induced gene and ORF (Amigo)
- Ramamoorthy S, Leibach F, Mahesh V, Han H, Yang Feng T, Blakely R, et al. Functional characterization and chromosomal localization of a cloned taurine transporter from human placenta. Biochem J. 1994;300 ( Pt 3):893-900 pubmed..9 kb transcript. Somatic cell hybrid and in situ hybridization studies indicate that the cloned taurine transporter is localized to human chromosome 3 p24-->p26. ..
- Kuja Panula J, Kiiltomäki M, Yamashiro T, Rouhiainen A, Rauvala H. AMIGO, a transmembrane protein implicated in axon tract development, defines a novel protein family with leucine-rich repeats. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:963-73 pubmed..We named this gene amphoterin-induced gene and ORF (AMIGO), and also cloned two other novel genes homologous to AMIGO (AMIGO2 and AMIGO3)...
- Ono T, Sekino Suzuki N, Kikkawa Y, Yonekawa H, Kawashima S. Alivin 1, a novel neuronal activity-dependent gene, inhibits apoptosis and promotes survival of cerebellar granule neurons. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5887-96 pubmed..Mouse ali1 was mapped to a locus approximately 55.3 cM from the centromere on chromosome 15 that is syntenic to positional candidate loci for familial Alzheimer's disease type 5 and Parkinson's disease 8 on human chromosome 12. ..
- Mandai K, Guo T, St Hillaire C, Meabon J, Kanning K, Bothwell M, et al. LIG family receptor tyrosine kinase-associated proteins modulate growth factor signals during neural development. Neuron. 2009;63:614-27 pubmed publisher..These findings show that LIGs physically interact with RTKs and modulate their activities to control axonal extension, guidance and branching. ..
- Chen Y, Hor H, Tang B. AMIGO is expressed in multiple brain cell types and may regulate dendritic growth and neuronal survival. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2217-29 pubmed publisherAmphoterin-induced gene and ORF (AMIGO) is a brain-enriched transmembrane immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily protein with six extracellular leucine-rich repeats (LRR) and a single immunoglobulin-like (Ig) domain...
- Peltola M, Kuja Panula J, Lauri S, Taira T, Rauvala H. AMIGO is an auxiliary subunit of the Kv2.1 potassium channel. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:1293-9 pubmed publisher..Here we identify AMIGO (amphoterin-induced gene and ORF), a neuronal adhesion protein with leucine-rich repeat and immunoglobin domains, ..
- Peltola M, Kuja Panula J, Liuhanen J, VÃµikar V, Piepponen P, Hiekkalinna T, et al. AMIGO-Kv2.1 Potassium Channel Complex Is Associated With Schizophrenia-Related Phenotypes. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:191-201 pubmed publisher..The Kv2.1 auxiliary subunit AMIGO constitutes an integral part of the Kv2.1 channel complex in brain and regulates the activity of the channel...