Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Alox5ap
Description: arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase activating protein
Alias: Flap, arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein, MK-886-binding protein
- Bäck M, Sultan A, Ovchinnikova O, Hansson G. 5-Lipoxygenase-activating protein: a potential link between innate and adaptive immunity in atherosclerosis and adipose tissue inflammation. Circ Res. 2007;100:946-9 pubmed..Gene array analyses identified the 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) among the most upregulated genes in both the aorta and adipose tissue of dnTGFbetaRII transgenic ApoE(-/-) mice ..
- Mehrabian M, Allayee H, Stockton J, Lum P, Drake T, Castellani L, et al. Integrating genotypic and expression data in a segregating mouse population to identify 5-lipoxygenase as a susceptibility gene for obesity and bone traits. Nat Genet. 2005;37:1224-33 pubmed
- Goulet J, Byrum R, Key M, Nguyen M, Wagoner V, Koller B. Genetic factors determine the contribution of leukotrienes to acute inflammatory responses. J Immunol. 2000;164:4899-907 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that the relative contribution of prostanoids and LT to inflammatory responses is variable not only between strains but also between different tissues within these inbred mouse lines. ..
- Byrum R, Goulet J, Griffiths R, Koller B. Role of the 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) in murine acute inflammatory responses. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1065-75 pubmed..synthesis of leukotrienes, but also on expression of a nuclear membrane protein termed the 5-LO-activating protein (FLAP)...
- Caironi P, Ichinose F, Liu R, Jones R, Bloch K, Zapol W. 5-Lipoxygenase deficiency prevents respiratory failure during ventilator-induced lung injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;172:334-43 pubmed..These results indicate that LTs play a central role in the lung injury and impaired oxygenation induced by HVT ventilation. ..
- Catalano A, Rodilossi S, Caprari P, Coppola V, Procopio A. 5-Lipoxygenase regulates senescence-like growth arrest by promoting ROS-dependent p53 activation. EMBO J. 2005;24:170-9 pubmed..These data link the 5LO pathway to oxidative crises of primary fibroblast and suggest that the ability of 5LO to induce senescence-like growth arrest may be important in the pathogenesis of 5LO-associated disorders. ..
- Park M, Sohn M, Kim K, Park M, Namgung R, Lee C. 5-Lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) inhibitor MK-0591 prevents aberrant alveolarization in newborn mice exposed to 85% oxygen in a dose- and time-dependent manner. Lung. 2011;189:43-50 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that a 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) inhibitor given while newborn mice were exposed to 85% oxygen would prevent aberrant alveolarization in a dose- ..
- Griffiths R, Smith M, Roach M, Stock J, Stam E, Milici A, et al. Collagen-induced arthritis is reduced in 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1123-9 pubmed..Here, we report that DBA/1 mice made deficient in 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) by gene targeting in ES cells develop and grow normally...
- Yu Z, Ricciotti E, Miwa T, Liu S, Ihida Stansbury K, Landesberg G, et al. Myeloid cell 5-lipoxygenase activating protein modulates the response to vascular injury. Circ Res. 2013;112:432-40 pubmed publisher..enzyme in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease, and an inhibitor of the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) is in clinical development for asthma...
- Joshi Y, Pratico D. The involvement of 5-lipoxygenase activating protein in anxiety-like behavior. J Psychiatr Res. 2013;47:694-8 pubmed publisher..the central nervous system, where its activity is dependent on the presence the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) for the formation of leukotrienes, potent bioactive lipid mediators...
- Blevitt J, Hack M, Herman K, Chang L, Keith J, Mirzadegan T, et al. A Single Amino Acid Difference between Mouse and Human 5-Lipoxygenase Activating Protein (FLAP) Explains the Speciation and Differential Pharmacology of Novel FLAP Inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12724-31 pubmed publisher5-Lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) plays a critical role in the metabolism of arachidonic acid to leukotriene A4, the precursor to the potent pro-inflammatory mediators leukotriene B4 and leukotriene C4 Studies with small molecule ..
- Lam B, Penrose J, Rokach J, Xu K, Baldasaro M, Austen K. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of mouse leukotriene C4 synthase. Eur J Biochem. 1996;238:606-12 pubmed
- Mandal A, Jones P, Bair A, Christmas P, Miller D, Yamin T, et al. The nuclear membrane organization of leukotriene synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20434-9 pubmed publisher..We also identify these complexes in mouse neutrophils isolated from inflamed joints. Our studies reveal the macromolecular organization of LT synthesis. ..
- Chu J, Lauretti E, Di Meco A, Pratico D. FLAP pharmacological blockade modulates metabolism of endogenous tau in vivo . Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e333 pubmed publisherb>FLAP (5-lipoxygenase-activating protein) is a protein widely distributed within the central nervous system whose function is to regulate the activation of the 5-Lipoxygenase enzyme...